Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 08-26-2019, 10:44 PM

Nova_Alchemist: wasn't sure if I left you at a good spot. You keep calling me rand lol though i get it XD

Garcia pulled up the tracking quickly however Rane's cell was made 'not' to be tracked so Garcia had to dig further. "Found Amber's cell signal but not Rane's. She did say one day to me she wasn't traceable. Even if her tracking is off I can't trace a call. Wait. I found something. Look like its in the earthbound store in the back room. I'll send you an address and coordinates."

The men went over to Amber and the young girl "Get with the others, both of you!" he ordered, his voice low and heavy sounding. "Now!" the girl moved with Amber but pushed away knocking the guy down getting in a food good punches until a friend of his walked over to shoot her clear in the head. The girl didn't think most of that through.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 08-26-2019, 11:27 PM

Immy:

"Rane mentioned bombs in the mall before the signal was cut, text us the address." Hotch spoke, looking over his team. "Let's get moving." He ordered before leaving the room and the building to get into the vehicle. He vaguely knew where the mall was but he would need the address for the exact location. Derek followed and motioned for Reid to do the same.

They could be there in five minutes at best. Hotch waited for his team before hitting the siren and driving off.

---

Amber watched in horror as the girl next to her got shot, some of her blood getting onto her clothes, her icy blue eyes widening with terror. "No!" She screamed. "You didn't have to shoot her, she was only a kid!" She yelled, grabbing her own gun and aiming it at the men before her, it was her job to do so if shots were fired. "I'm an FBI agent, put your gun down or I will shoot!" She voiced seriously.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-26-2019, 11:34 PM

Nova_Alchemist:

Everyone got into the federal vehicles riding to the mall, the question was when they hot there. Where would everyone be? Would they be injured or worse? "Reid calm down, Amber and Rane will be just fine." Morgan comforted the young genius as he was wanting to text Amber to say they were on their way but didn't want to blow her cover or put her in danger.

----

The men just laughed, well one of them did as they went to aim their gun at Amber next. The other civillians hid behind the counter as the young girl just laid there in shock. She wasn't dead since she moved at the last minute but it did hit her in the shoulder. She was just stuck to a point she didn't know what to do.

----

Once everyone got there, the bomb squad was said to not arrive for another forty minutes. For whatever reason they were being delayed. "We have to go in there, bombs or not." Reid commented ready to move in and use his weapon.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 08-26-2019, 11:52 PM

Immy: oooh, fun time! xD

Amber loaded her gun and fired at the man's leg like she was taught to do in such circumstances. She wasn't one for guns, but she was a damn good shot when needed to be. "Put your gun down, now!" She warned.

---

Hotch didn't like these odds at all. "Alright, Morgan and I will go on first. Reid, you stay out here and wait for the bomb squad." He informed them before making his way inside the mall.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 12:02 AM

Nova_Alchemist: fun time? O>o *goes to read*

Reid wasn't happy about staying behind but if that's what Hotch wanted then he would have to listen to him. He was his boss after all. Reid waited while watching and pacing. Morgan followed while Rossi stayed behind with Reid to keep him company. Going inside they started taking down a few guys here and there.

-----

The guy Amber shot had fallen over on the ground clutching his leg. Another guy went to shoot Amber but he suddenly collapsed on the ground, a little blood around him. Rane stood there covered in bruises forming, dirt, and blood. "Well so much for a shopping experience. We gotta get these people out of here." Rane stated knowing Amber was her top priority, "Let's go. I'll get the girl, everyone else get up and lets go." Rane picked up the girl swinging her over her shoulder. A shot at shoulder would just be a bit of a blood loss for the girl. However as everyone started coming out of the stores into the big hallway. The glass large window cracked above them little by little. There was this masked guy standing in the middle with a large detonator that could take out miles and miles. "Shit" Rane whispered not moving making sure the people all around her would stay too. "Don't anyone move!" Rane ordered.

---

The guy with the detonator and explosives all over his body spoke up "I'm looking for Obsidian, she is here. I know she is." Obsidian was known as Obsidian Butterfly, gone for a long time unheard of. A vigilante assassin that was very good at her work. Never missed a kill.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 12:22 AM

Immy:

Amber slowly lowered her gun as the other!an fell dead, relieved to see Rane in one piece. She went to start getting the people out of the store when the guy she downed grabbed his gun and fired at Amber. She went down before Rane ordered everyone not to move, putting pressure on the bullet wound in her side to keep it from bleeding so much.

Hotch and Morgan arrived just in time, both stopping as they noticed the man in the window above them. Well shit.. Where the hell was the bomb squad?

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 12:32 AM

Nova_Alchemist:

It had only been five minutes since the team arrived, apparently by reports the bomb squad wasn't able to find a vehicle that didn't have slashed tires. Rane saw Amber go down as she passed the injured teenager over to some civilians who were told by her to move out quickly. Rane moved over to Amber's side "If you want the Obsidian to show up you better let her out of here alive." "or what? I will die anyways." "yes but if you want her to show, this girl must live" Rane was bartering with the man who motioned for them to get Amber out of there. "Morgan get Amber out of here" Rane said pulling her shirt off revealing a black sports bra holding it to the wounded side until Morgan would run over to get Amber out before anything worse happened. Rane watched as Morgan, Amber, herself, and Hotch along with the bombsman were the last ones left.

"Once she is safe, we will continue our talk. Hotch you should leave too." Rane said but she knew that he was the boss, well for most of the team.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 12:46 AM

Immy: love the slashed tires part! xD

Amber fought to keep her eyes open as Morgan came in and carefully picked her up to get her out of there. "Stay with me." He said to her. "You're gonna be just fine." He murmured as he carried their younger agent out.

Hotch sent Reid a text to call ambulance, then looked at Rane. "I'm not going anywhere." He stated.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 01:16 AM

Reid called an ambulance wondering why until after he made the call and saw Amber coming out injured. Rossi and Reid ran over wanting to know what happened. "Where is Hotch? Where's Rane?" Rossi asked as Reid help set Amber down on the ground to keep the pressure over the wound. "Please stay with me, stay with me Amber." Reid said then made a slight joke "Well this is one hell of a coffee meet up" trying to keep her awake not to pass out.

----

Rane sighed "Fine then, suit yourself" Rane stated as the bomber demanded "WHERE IS OBSIDIAN!?" "Why do you want her so bad?" "She took my family from me!" Rane heard him say then realized who he was "Kane Lockely?" The man glanced at her when she said his name. "I didn't kill your family. You did." "I didn't kill them! OBSIDIAN KILLED THEM IN COLD BLOOD!" "Then tell me how it happened" The guy was silent or awhile "I remember walking into my living room after the bomb went off, my children, my wife...the dog even...all dead, nothing left of them! SHE KILLED THEM!"

"Obsidian Butterfly doesn't deal with bombs, it's a gun sort of weapon that she deals with. You killed them, think back to how you found them." Rane said as the man's face twisted in horror, he had left a bomb switch accidentally on the coffee table as the dog went over to lick it, it set it off. The man fell to his knees as he felt hopeless now realizing it was all an accident he started. Rane had to figure out a way to get him to let go of the explosives though she took a few notes. She knew no matter how good she was she wouldn't be able to save anyone let alone herself from an explosion.

Nova_Alchemist:

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 01:30 AM

Immy:

Morgan didn't like this anymore than Reid did. "Right now just worry about keeping Amber awake while he wait for the ambulance." He said, trying to sound calm while he pulled Rossi aside to explain the situation. He called Garcia and stepped away from Spencer and Amber for a moment, staying g close though. "Baby girl, work your magic for me and see what you can do about the detonator. It's a computer remote." He spoke.

Amber smiled sheepishly at his half-hearted joke. "I guess I messed up.. I should've shot to kill him instead." She murmured softly, slowly taking his hand and giving him a wrist band with a Zen pendant on it. "You like watches..right?" She asked softly, smirking weakly.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 01:36 AM

Nova_Alchemist:

Garcia appeared through voice "Let me find your cordinates and see what I can do" after a brief moment she found a way to shut down the machine. "How's Amber holding up? I heard the 911 call. They're on their way." "YES I GOT IT." Garcia disarmed the larger one but the one "The one around the guy's body I heard about is not remote. So that is up to Rane, I hope she can get out of there in time. Wait, where's Hotch don't tell me he is in there too?" she was starting to panic now.

"Hotch you need to leave, if this goes off your team will need you" Rane stated as she slowly moved towards the guy. He looked up realizing the big one didn't go off and then Rane paused in her steps. "Hotch do you have a clear shot?" talking about the guy's head and killing him. That or he kills them both.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 01:55 AM

Immy: i forgot hotch's part ><I

"Reid is with her, keeping her conscious." He said. Morgan grinned when he heard that she managed to shut off the larger one, only to drown when she said the smaller one was a manual. Damn it. "Calm down angel, Hotch and Rane will both be alright. Just have faith in them. I'll let you know when this mess clears up." He said, then ended the call.

Amber was starting to feel herself lose consciousness and fought it. "Spence, you're the first guy I've had something in common with since I finished college." She murmured, just trying to make small talk.

---

Hotch frowned. "Either we both leave or neither of us do. I'm not leaving you." He stated, slowly raising his gun to aim at the man as Rane spoke once more. "I'm taking it." He said right as he fired his gun aimed right at the guys head.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 02:10 AM

Nova_Alchemist: haha its okay I noticed that and took over for a brief moment.

"Really? I figured a lot of guys would have something in common with you. You're smart, amazing, and very interesting to be around. What is there not to like about you." Spencer had no idea how that just came out and still didn't catch on though Rossi did and smirked a bit.

===

As the man fell Rane could hear something very feint nearby...it was the man. "Pressure point!" Rane said running to Hotch quickly knocking them both down as the guy exploded with the combustable materials that he was wearing. The trigger was a decoy. Rane laid next to Hotch unconscious for a moment as she looked up unable to stand. She checked his pulse realizing that hew as fine, she blocked most of the explosion from Hotch getting hit, the shraples pieces hit her in the back, several small ones as she blacked out. For the first time since she met them she looked vulnerable, innocent, harmless. Cuts, bruises, dirt, and metal stuck in her skin. She handled a lot due to whatever had been going on.

Rossi quickly left Reid to keep an eye on Amber as the EMTs showed up with the bomb squads huddling out of normal civillian vans too late. Rossi ran inside calling to Morgan "Morgan lets go" one was deactivated, the other already went off. Now to find their two team mates left inside if there was anything left of them.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 02:34 AM

Immy: ^^'

Hotch didn't have much time to react before Rane was covering him and a bomb went off. They were both knocked out, but Rane took most of the damage.

---

Amber lightly shook her head as he spoke. "I was too shy to talk to.anyone at college, unless I had to.. A bookworm hiding in her cubby hole whenever I could.Either that or I was out smarting the guys.." She managed a weak chuckle. "I guess I scared them off." She murmured.

Morgan hurriedly followed Rossi when he called for him.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 02:40 AM

Nova_Alchemist: on my phone

Rossi ran inside with morgan behind him as they found their team members unconscious. Both alright but Rane would be in bad shape if she even woke up after the shock of so much happening to her body.

Reid was able to keep amber awake until they all got to the hospital while others cleaned up the scene. Everyone was in critical condition as they laid in their rooms. Hotch was patched up but Rane was still being worked on.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 02:47 AM

Immy:

Later at the hospital, when Amber woke from her minor surgery, she found herself alone .with a t.v. on and a remote close to her. She was still a little out of sorts from the pain meds in her I.V and she was pretty sure she'd be stuck here over night. She frowned, noting that there were no book for her to read.

---

Hotch was.told he go.home later that evening or the next day, the doctors just wanted to wait for his tests to come back, just ti.make sure he would be alright.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 02:53 AM

Nova_Alchemist: somewhat in my room on my laptop which means more to read lol more to write :P

Rane was in surgery for awhile however after a few hours of trying to keep her heart going. They had to call it. Three hours of fighting her to stay alive could only go on for so long. They covered up her face leaving the room not knowing the doctors were not alone with her. Others stayed behind to help mend her back together as they worked their magic within the dark.

---

Rossi had stayed near Hotch's side until he woke up giving the details of what unfolded until a doctor called Rossi out into the hallway. Rossi came back to Hotch not sure if he wanted to give him the grave news or not.

---

Reid walked in after looking like he got no sleep again for the how many weeks in a row. Holding bags. He smiled at her "How are you doing?" Reid asked wanting to truly know.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 12:47 PM

Immy: so wait, there are other people besides the doctors trying to help Rane?
I'm a little lost xp

Amber glanced at Reid when he came in and smiled sweetly. "Honestly? I can't feel much and I don't have a single book to read." She murmured with a chuckle. She was bored out of her mind, even though she didn't have much of a mind due to the IV.

---

Aaron looked over at David, then averted his eyes while he spent ke, listening. He knew that look though. There was something else.. And he couldn't help blame himself.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 01:56 PM

Nova_Alchemist: You'll learn soon enough about Rane but she is still somewhat employeed through her old job. She gets paid to be a bodyguard for the BAU and if any of the so called members get too close to dying. They step in. I can't give them away just yet, but they know more about the world than most do so they have more supplies than doctors are willing to use.

"Well I'm glad I brought something over for you to check out. I wasn't sure what you liked to read so I grabbed a couple things even some mangas just in case you didn't feel like reading small text." Reid stated putting the two bags on her bed gently next to her for her to go through or for him to show her.

----

"Dr. Rambario says that Rane didn't make it with all the shard pieces. Says it took too much of a toll on her body in more ways than one." Rossi stated having a seat in a chair that put him at eye level with Hotch though Rossi wasn't looking at Hotch. "Says she passed an hour ago and we should let her family know. The only problem is, I don't think Rane had any family." A memory would play in Hotch's mind with the talk with the enemy.

[Rane sighed "Fine then, suit yourself" Rane stated as the bomber demanded "WHERE IS OBSIDIAN!?" "Why do you want her so bad?" "She took my family from me!" Rane heard him say then realized who he was "Kane Lockely?" The man glanced at her when she said his name. "I didn't kill your family. You did."] Rane had admitted to not killing the family, but was there a link between Rane and the vigilante?

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 02:33 PM

Immy:

Amber smiled sheepishly. "Thanks." She murmured, taking a look through the bags he set down. "Manga? Wow, I haven't read those since high school." She semi-joked as she picked one up and examined it. It was a manga she read while in high school, she was surprised they even sold copies of it anymore. "Thank you, really." She murmured, glancing at him with a small smile.

---

Aaron didn't pay much mind to the memory, he was much more concerned about how things might've played out differently if he had left when she told him to.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 02:45 PM

Nova_Alchemist:

Spencer read mangas from time to time when he needed a break from regular chapter books. It gave his mind some ease rather than always thinking 'logically'. "Since high school? Wow. I like to read them from time to time still. Mostly the doctor who series or dr strange but other ones are alright too." Spence began to ramble. "You're welcome" Reid added. Neither of them seem to realized the set mood.

----

"Don't beat yourself up over it, it wasn't your fault. She could have chosen to leave but she chose to save you instead. Don't let what she did be in vain, Aaron." Rossi stated, he was always there for people and saying the things that needed not wanted to be heard.

Some time went by as the next day rolled through, somehow Spencer talked the hospital into letting Amber go home as long as he watched over her, and Hotch well he was told he could be released back to work but to take it easy. Rossi had informed Morgan more on the subject knowing JJ and Prentiss was on an undercover mission so they would have to be informed later. Garcia hadn't even heard yet or maybe she had.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 04:13 PM

Immy:

Amber chuckled. "Both of those are pretty goox. This one just happens to be one of one's I used to read." She said, running a thumb over the cover.

---

Aaron glanced at David and nodded some. He knew that.

---

As the next rolled around, Amber was happy to go home and she would get to hang out with Reid whenever he came by. She was in the kitchen making them some coffee and something to eat. She didn't know about Rane.

Aaron went back to work, mostly handling the paperwork.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 06:34 PM

Nova_Alchemist: I was out for a bit. Checking up on grandma with dementia, might stay home next time. Its becoming a pain.

"I don't know what I grabbed, what's it about?" Reid asked hoping she would explain it, he could read it but where would the fun in that be since he can read super fast. After talking about the book everyone was able to go home just fine. Amber would be in pain probably for a bit, the medicine they gave her would help greatly. More than just taking the edge off.

-----

Rossi had Morgan tell Garcia about the young woman and it seemed to hit Garcia pretty hard. She was the most emotional member of the team so it made sense.

-----

Rane stopped by the apartment walking in as if nothing happened "Hey Amber, I know I just got home but I'm going to clean up and head out for a bit. You gonna be okay here?" Rane asked her knowing Reid had no idea about her either, so when she came out of the shower twenty minutes later and he was talking to Amber in the kitchen. It made him jump and do a double take. "Shh don't tell anyone" she smiled and walked back out not waiting for any responses. She had something important to do and had to do it soon.

Rane rode her motorcule to the Beau and parked it in the garage going through the usual processes. Making it past the guards and up the steps to Hotch's office. She stood there waiting for him to look up, she knew everyone probably thought she was dead since the doctor who dealt with her didn't think to look up her health records. "Good Morning" she simply said leaning on the door frame mostly in the office less seen by others.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-27-2019, 07:34 PM

Immy:

Amber smiled at Rane when she came to talk with her. "Yeah, Reid's here. I'll be alright." She reassured her. She had to be careful not to jump but she heard the other woman come in. When the coffee was finished she made her and Spencer a cup and brought it to him. "Here, I hope you like it." She said before sitting down next to him.

---

Aaron glanced up from his papers when he heard her and had to make sure for a.moment that this was real. He got up from his chair and went to.close the door behind her. "Are you crazy? Everyone thinks you're dead." He murmured quietly, though he was quite relieved she was alright.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-27-2019, 07:47 PM

Nova_Alchemist:

Spencer stood there in shock not taking the cup "W-wait, where did she come from? Sh-she she was..." Spencer was trying to find the logic in Rane just showing up out of no where after she supposedly died.

---

Rane took a seat in the chair in front of his desk glad the blinds were closed. "I think we need to have a conversation about that too. I'll start once you have a seat and don't bother with your paperwork. You are going to need to hear this." Rane said then beggining her story "Yes, I was supposed to die. Not its not the first time and the doctor who took care of me didn't think it through to check my medical history. A simple rush of adrenaline would've worked out well to wake me back up again. I'm still in pain but my old workplace that still has me hired on here as a bodygaurd for your team heard about what happened. She went others to keep an eye on me during the mall event, apparently she already heard something was going to go down and didn't decide to share the information. Also not 'one' person looked up as I swept through the building, not even the security which I'm surprised at. Then again I'm able to move in and out without being seen usually." Rane completed her side of the conversation still in pain from teh ordeal. "Also I am not a god or anything, I still feel the pain left over from the event, but most of my wounds are healed or healing. Do you have questions?"