Remaro
So consumed in all your Doom.......

Old 05-03-2011, 10:01 PM

Grinning faintly, he rested the edge of the mug against his lower lip as he listened to the other. “I’ll have to remember that one, rubbing alcohol, probably shouldn’t bring it to the school though” He smirked at the image of one of the kids finding it and either pouring it everywhere or trying to drink it. No, definitely not a good idea. As Alice continued talking about drawing though, he raised a sceptical eyebrow. “I’m afraid I don’t even have potential. I lost in an art competition to a kid who only drew stick men” He pointed out with his own smile turning playful. “I’ve long given up being an artist, it just wasn’t my calling” As Sage spoke, he laughed a little before finishing off his own tea and setting the mug down on the counter, resting his elbows against it behind him.

Even Sage could tell Alice was more relaxed now that the topic of conversation had moved to art. As the other described to him what he drew, he could feel his eyes widening slightly. “I suppose it’s cause human’s move and change every few seconds, it’s probably harder to get one single image of them” He suggested before frowning slightly at the faltering of Alice’s smile. “I didn’t know that...Though that would make an artist your closest friend, the one you can go to and know they’ll never lie to you...It’s dangerous though, exposing your soul...Takes a very brave person to do that” His voice had quietened slightly as he spoke, choosing his words slowly and deliberately.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 PM

Alice couldn't help but grin a little at Sage's words of losing to a kid that only drew stick men. He shook his head slightly, he believed that everyone, or rather, most everyone had a little piece of an artists soul in them. It was there, some people just couldn't find it. As Sage continued to talk, his smile faltered again. Fingers of his left hand had moved to unconsciously trace some of the scars on his right arm, and he had dropped his gaze to look at them. "It can be very dangerous.." Alice had mumbled the words softly before blinking and looking back up at Sage, his fingers still tracing along that arm.

For a few moments Alice bit his lip, as if holding back what he might say. Only for a few moments though. "It's dangerous...But it doesn't matter what happens to the artist, as long as he can continue his art, remain true to himself. If he can't do that, if he can't remain true to himself, if he loses himself in the danger, the pain, he can never create beautiful art anymore, he can only create grotesque images fit only for nightmares." The way he said those words, it was as if he truly believed in such things.

Remaro

Old 05-03-2011, 10:34 PM

Sage had been glad he had brought the other’s grin out again. As much as he may find it hard to smile all the time, he took pleasure in cheering others up. His friends had always said it was his naturally over-caring nature, his desire to make others happier before himself. Well, he tended to ignore them when they talked about that, choosing to change the subject instead. Made life much simpler. When Alice spoke again, he nodded a little at his words. From what the other was saying, and from his slow tracing of his scars, Sage had a very good idea of just how dangerous it could be. It sent a slight shiver down his spine which he tried to suppress.

As Alice paused, he almost spoke up to encourage him, but the other didn’t seem to need it as he continued talking. Sage remained silent again, watching Alice in mild surprise before shaking his head slightly. “I think here is where we disagree slightly...I don’t think it doesn’t matter what happens to the artist...I think it’s important the artist takes care of himself or herself too. They can go on great expeditions in search for inspiration to continue their art, but if it damages them along the way then what’s the point? It only ends in the nightmares...But...I think I understand where you’re coming from...An artist will go to great lengths to preserve their art, like a musician does for music, a teacher does for education and children” He mumbled thoughtfully before shrugging slightly again. “I hope you don’t lose yourself though, I don’t doubt you’re an amazing artist.”

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-03-2011, 10:52 PM

Alice was silent as Sage spoke, listening carefully. The man had a point, and Alice shook his head slightly. "...What's the point?" He echoed those words softly, and shrugged just a bit. "The damage done to the artist, isn't important, as long as the artist hasn't lost himself because of it and can still make his beautiful art. Sometimes, that's the only thing that does matter. That's what the point is..To continue making art." Alice's brow had furrowed slightly and again he was shaking his head, biting his bottom lip. Hesitating with his words.

"I almost lost myself, once." His hand was squeezing that empty mug a bit tightly and his left fingers had curled around his right wrist. No longer tracing scars on his forearm, but squeezing his wrist lightly. "It was like, tumbling down a dark tunnel with no light. I kept waiting for someone to catch me, but all they did was pull me further down. It was almost too late when I realized, I was the only one who could catch me."

Remaro

Old 05-03-2011, 11:00 PM

He shivered slightly, watching Alice hesitantly as the other continued to explain to him his point. “What about those who care for the artist? Surely they would be upset if the artist was hurt” He suggested, tilting his head slightly to the side. Did Alice have someone who would be upset for him? Who would try and watch out for him? Most likely he had a few friends, everyone had to have at least one, right?

At Alice’s next words, Sage stiffened, eyes lowering to watch the other tightening his grip around his own wrist slightly. He waited in the silence following Alice’s voice for a few seconds before stepping forwards, gently reaching out to take the other’s hands, carefully freeing his wrist from his grip. “That shouldn’t have happened Alice...Someone should have been there to at least help pull you up...No one deserves to be abandoned like that, least of all you” He murmured, moving to gently take the cup from Alice’s hand and set it down so he wouldn’t run the risk of dropping it. “But...You were strong enough to come back, that has to say something about you” As Sage spoke, he tried to smile up at the other, although it felt strained even to him.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-03-2011, 11:14 PM

Alice didn't resist when Sage moved over to him and gently moved his hand from his wrist, he didn't resist when Sage then took the cup from him. Alice inhaled deeply, something that Sage had said, it ignited a spark of anger in Alice's eyes and the young man glared fiercely. The glare wasn't really meant for Sage. "Those who care for the artist? What good can they possibly do, when they refuse to see the truth? Remaining blind and stupid because it's easier than actually lifting a finger to help." He had practically shouted the words, anger lacing the edges of his voice.

Then the anger was gone almost as quickly as it had appeared and he looked away from Sage, a bit ashamed for yelling at him like that. Though he hadn't been yelling at the man, not really. Now when he spoke, his voice was a whisper. "I have to be able to catch myself, I have to be strong enough to hold myself up, because no one is going to do it for me, no one is going to help because it's easier, to stay uninvolved."

LyssaStar
Frigid

Old 05-03-2011, 11:47 PM

Suddenly the small lizard lept from Peri's chest and darted underneath the bed. The man blinked his eyes in shock and got to his knees to look for the unruly lizard. "Nei!" he grumbled. Nei'd never done something like this before! What had gotten into her today? A flash of brown zipped past him and into the hallway. Peri cursed himself silently for not shutting the door. "Nei!" he called again, chasing desperately after the lizard. Now that they were out in the hallways, the security cameras would certainly pick this up, they might even make him get rid of his sweet little lizard! Before he knew it, he'd already chased the phyco reptile all the way down 5 flights of stairs and into the lobby where everyone seemed to be congregated in some sort of holiday celebration. Peri quickly appologized as he literally shoved a few people aside and spilled a couple drinks. Where had Nei gone?! "Nei! Nei?! Please! Ugh, where are you?!" he called desperately. What a nightmare! A few people shot him annoyed glares but otherwise resumed their conversations. Still, the reptile was nowhere to be found!

alonegirl-rocks-the-world
As long as you remember her, you...

Old 05-04-2011, 03:11 AM

Shockingly enough, Ronan was up in his own room, something that didn't happen all that often during the week. But with the weather being cruddy and everything getting colder, he found himself spending more and more time indoors. This particular day was no exception. With the door open just a crack (to let his neighbors know he was there), Ronan was cooking up an old recipe he'd used back in the college dorms: a mixture of Ramen noodles, Cream of Chicken soup and an a few extra things he had laying in the fridge. He made a mental note to run to the grocery store and pick up some veggies (because nothing made Winter feel less Wintery like a batch of fresh veggies)

Toby, his ancient black cat, was wondering about the apartment. His usual job was to stroll around the kitchen and wait for Ronan to drop something for him to enjoy as well. Today, however, Toby seemed a bit restless; he was meowing and causing a quite racket. Ronan turned away from his cooking, turning off the stove and wondering over to the old cat. "Awwww. What's wrong, Toby-Tob?" He picked up the cat and wondered over to the window. The rain was still falling heavily and, from his tenth floor apartment, he could barely make out the shapes of cars and people through the storm.

He sighed softly and scratched Toby behind the ears, feeling the deep purr against his chest. "It's almost Christmas, Tobes. Have you thought about what you want from Santa?"

Toby yowled in reply.

"Sounds pretty good, dude. "

Last edited by alonegirl-rocks-the-world; 05-04-2011 at 02:52 PM..

LyssaStar
Frigid

Old 05-04-2011, 03:52 AM

Peri muffled a gasp as he saw the lizard dart into a piece of elaborately decorated holiday cake. He grumbled, Nei was really in for it when he mannaged to catch her! He made his way over to the desert table, but he was too late. Disaster had struck once more. A cheery blonde haired girl was holding a plate piled high with christmas cake.... Nei peeked her head out from the cake, if it was possible for lizards to look smug, Nei certainly did! Peri sighed and rushed over to the female, sticking his hand into her desert and retrieving his lizard, not offering a word of apology to the stunned female. "You are /really/ gonna get it!" Peri hissed, clenching the lizard tightly inbetween two cake-covered palms.

Remaro

Old 05-04-2011, 06:37 AM

Sage stiffened as he saw the glare, a look of shock flickering over his features. He hadn’t expected the other to start yelling at him and as his voice rose louder, he took a cautious step back, unable to look away or hide the shock he felt. Almost as soon as the anger had appeared it vanished though and Alice looked away from him. He bit his lip as Alice spoke again, suppressing the shiver once more.

After a few seconds of silence, he slowly, cautiously, stepped forwards again. “Alice...Just because people used to let you down, used to refuse to help, doesn’t mean everyone else will...If you give someone a chance, they could prove you very wrong...But you have to help them too, no one’s perfect Alice, no one can know exactly how to help you” He murmured quietly before turning away slightly, sighing a little. “I’m still catching myself, balancing on the edge of something and the only thing keeping me up is the fact there are still people who are willing to help me keep standing...Why don’t you let me help?” His question came as a surprise to him, Sage hadn’t realised he was going to ask it until the words had left his mouth. However he didn’t look back at Alice when he spoke, his gaze settling instead on the line of photos that were standing up on one of his book shelves.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-04-2011, 03:57 PM

Alice had looked up at Sage when the other spoke, watching him carefully with each word the male spoke. But Sage wasn't looking at him, slowly he followed the line of Sage's gaze to the book shelves. His eyes sweeping over it and the pictures there for a moment before he looked away, looking at Sage. Watching him watch the bookcase, or probably the photographs on top of the bookcase. Alice ran a hand through his short white hair.

"I gave someone that chance before. All he did was knock my feet out from under me and make me fall faster." His hand was tracing those scars again, an unconscious action. "But, its good that you have people willing to keep you from falling." Alice was frowning softly, his body a bit tense as Sage's question echoed in his head a few times, he shook his head. As if to shake the words out of it, Alice stared down at his arm, watching himself trace the scars.

Remaro

Old 05-04-2011, 05:54 PM

His eyes settled on one with Sage, his sister, his best friend and a small boy all leaning in front of a camera with a birthday cake on the table in front of them. It had the number 2 in candle form and the little boy looked overjoyed, and very similar to Sage. He sighed quietly before glancing back to the other with another frown. His eyes watched Alice’s movements, tracing up and down the scars. After a few seconds, he scowled before reaching forwards to take hold of both the other’s hands firmly.

“That was one person! One person out of billions. What if one person out of billions can lift you up and keep you high? Stop you falling again!” He whispered softly, gaze stern as he spoke. “And...They do their best, but even the best have cracks that you slip though” Sage murmured, his voice dropping slightly as he released Alice’s hands quickly again. “Whoever was the reason for your scars should be ashamed”

MimiYoshi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to MimiYoshi Send a message via Yahoo to MimiYoshi

Old 05-04-2011, 06:08 PM

Hearing the boy talk, Justice nodded slowly to himself. Surely he knows how to stay positive, but his conversation really is all over the place... He smiled, thinking of how odd their conversation had been so far. There wasn't a clear red line to see, still he didn't get confused at all. "Yeah, I did the window decorations and if we had some window spray paint I would've done a snow-like effect on them. But there was none, and I didn't want to go through the rain... Again...And yes, those are my dogs... And cat. I have one Russian blue, but surely he doesn't always act like a cat."

It was then that a man ran through the lobby, chasing something small and fast. Justice couldn't quite see what it was until the man held it. "A lizard?" It sounded as lame as he thought it, his brains obviously quite fried from all the information he had to process during the day. "Now that's... Interesting...

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 PM

Alice started slightly when Sage took hold of both his hands, blinking a bit owlishly he looked at Sage and then away. Alice was ashamed of his scars, but he knew the one that put them there wasn't. That man...Alice shivered and forced those thoughts away, when Sage released his hands, he clasped them together lightly in his lap and hesitantly brought his gaze back up to meet Sage's.

He licked his lips to moisten them, his brow furrowed just slightly, his chest felt tight and he wasn't sure why. Another shiver raced its way over his form and once again he dropped his gaze from Sage to the floor. When he spoke, it was a soft whisper. "Are you...Do you think...you're that one person out of billions that could stop me from falling? What if I trust you, and it only makes me fall deeper? What then? If I'm strong enough to hold myself up, why should I need to rely on someone else to do it? If they falter I might not be able to catch myself in time." He had brought his gaze back up, staring at Sage with such intensity. As if he really needed an answer to his words.

Remaro

Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 PM

Sage gazed anxiously at the other. He was worried he had overstepped the line, pushed Alice too far and ruined their new friendship before it had a chance to really be a friendship. The intensity of the young man’s gaze though made him stiffen and he found himself unable to look away from him. Opening and closing his mouth a couple of times, he slowly took a breath, releasing it gradually. “I...I would like to be yes. I wouldn’t let you fall Alice, I’m not that self centred” He murmured quietly.

After a few more seconds, he felt a weak smile flickering over his lips. “You don’t need to trust someone to hold you up, only trust that if you fall, they’ll be there to stop you falling too far, that they’ll catch you in time.” He explained quietly before reaching out to gently rest his finger tips over the other’s scars. “I hope you can learn to trust someone again.” With these words, he turned, moving towards the sink to start washing up the mugs they’d used.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-04-2011, 06:59 PM

The intensity of Alice's gaze didn't waver until Sage had reached out and gently rested his finger tips over those scars. Alice didn't move, but his gaze had dropped once again, to the floor. He was silent, he was silent until Sage turned, moving away from him. Alice was on his feet in moments, grabbing the back of Sage's shirt, almost the way a small child might from fear of being left somewhere, alone.

Alice's grip on the back of Sage's shirt was tight and very firm for a moment, he still stared at the floor and slowly his grip loosened until he had let go. "I think I have forgotten how to trust. Would...Would you teach me?" He lifted his gaze hesitantly. A bit shyly, but mostly with uncertainty showing clear in his eyes, sprinkled with just a hint of fear.

Remaro

Old 05-04-2011, 07:12 PM

The feeling of something grabbing his shirt made him stiffen in surprise. After a few seconds, Sage put down the mugs, peering down at Alice over his shoulder. He slowly swivelled round to face the other, back resting against the edge of the sink as Alice began to speak. Whatever reaction Sage had expected from the other, it hadn’t been this uncertain fear, or his question.

Slowly a warm smile spread across his lips and face as he slowly nodded. Having someone to talk to more often would be good for him, would help him recover as well. “Sure...I’d love to teach you” Sage answered, brushing hair back from his own face as he spoke. “As long as you’re willing to learn.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 PM

For the most part, Alice was a bit surprised that Sage hadn't already gotten tired of him. The answer Sage had given him, had been one that Alice hoped for, but hadn't really expected to hear. Alice had taken a small step back, looking a little embarrassed and still rather uncertain, but he met Sage's smile with one of his own.

He shifted a bit on his feet, as if not sure what should happen next. Alice ran a hand through his hair and scratched the back of his head lightly. "I'm willing to learn...but sometimes I'm not the easiest person to teach.." His smile had turned to an uncertain grin and he shrugged. "I will try though." Then Alice was moving away, turning from Sage and going over to the bookshelf that Sage had been looking at earlier. He just wanted to get a better look at the photographs there.

Remaro

Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 PM

Watching Alice’s movements, Sage couldn’t help but chuckle quietly, tucking hair behind his ear as he tilted his head slightly to the side. When the other finally smiled again, it made his own one broaden. “Good, as long as you’re willing then it doesn’t matter if it’s easy or not, gives me a reason to persevere as well” He answered cheerfully before nodding again. “Trying is all I’ll ask”

When Alice moved away, Sage watched him quietly before he turned as well, letting the other look around as he finished cleaning the mugs. By the time he finished and turned round again, Alice was by the book shelf. It made him stiffen slightly and slowly approach the other, watching him warily. “Which one are you looking at?” His voice had lost a little of its cheerfulness, making it tenser.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 PM

Alice hadn't heard Sage approach him, the man had moved softly and when Sage spoke, right behind him he did jump just a little. Looking over his shoulder at Sage he offered the man another smile. "Not one in particular, just all of them." He had shrugged slightly and glanced at the photographs again before watching Sage almost carefully.

He took a small step away from the book shelf. "I've heard, photographs can capture a man's soul. They take the happiest part, but only because if it isn't stored there, when something happens the man might forget it. Whenever he looks at the photo, he's reminded of it and can feel happy and at ease again. It helps make the memories of that moment even stronger." Alice shrugged, still smiling at Sage.

Remaro

Old 05-04-2011, 08:23 PM

When Alice jumped he fell still, taking a slight step back and giving the other an apologetic smile. “Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you” He chuckled softly before glancing back at his photographs. “All snapshots of my life” He mumbled softly, then fell silent as the other started to speak. Sage caught the expression on Alice’s face and he watched him with an equally cautious gaze.

“It’s been superstition in a lot of tribes that cameras capture a person’s soul. I never believed it...Although I never really thought of it like that”
He murmured before chuckling faintly and smiling back to Alice. “If we go along that line of thought, then yes, these photographs have captured huge chunks of my soul, and I’m glad they have.” Once more Sage’s gaze lingered on the photo of the birthday party before flitting along the others.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-04-2011, 08:38 PM

Alice's smile faltered a little as he turned back to look at the photos. "Its the same, when an artist draws a person, at least for some. Artists can't lie because their souls are in everything they create, but when an artist draws another person, he doesn't just draw that person. He draws that persons soul." He glanced over his shoulder at Sage. "That's the real reason why I have so much trouble finding a person that I actually want to draw. The eyes of an artist, see too much."

His eyes were on those pictures again and he nodded towards the one of the birthday party. "I like this photograph the best. Is the child your son?" He was looking at Sage again. The boy looked to much like Sage to be anyone else's child, but then. There were some nieces or nephews that looked more like their aunts or uncles than they did their own parents.

Remaro

Old 05-04-2011, 08:53 PM

Again Sage’s gaze settled on Alice as he listened. The other seemed so serious, he wondered what had made Alice to take life as seriously as he did. Although Sage could hardly complain, he wasn’t that different really. “So it means that when an artist does draw a person, then that person must be very close to the artist, or important to them?” He questioned softly.

At Alice’s next words, his smile fled from his face and Sage felt his body instinctively stiffen. What felt like years later, he slowly forced himself to nod jerkily. “H..He....He was my son” He muttered quietly, wincing at the use of past tense. Well, Sage could hardly say he ‘is’ his son, not when he was lying ‘six feet under’ and had been for the past two years. “His name was Jamie, it was his second birthday party there, silly kid...Thought cake was for painting yourself with, not eating” A weak, tired smile flashed over his lips for a second.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-04-2011, 09:09 PM

Alice was silent for a little bit after Sage spoke, he stared at the photograph intently. As if he were waiting for it to tell him something. After a few minutes he turned from the photographs and shrugged lightly. "The person an artist draws doesn't have to necessarily be close or important to them. Sometimes that does make it easier and sometimes it makes it much more difficult."

Alice had also come to the conclusion that he liked it when Sage smiled, and so he didn't pry or ask anymore questions about Sage's son. If Sage wanted to talk about it, Alice was confident the man would, but only when he was ready. Though he couldn't help but wonder what had happened. He shifted a bit on his feet and started to move away from the book shelf.

Remaro

Old 05-04-2011, 09:20 PM

Sage sighed, nodding a little in agreement to Alice when the other spoke, partially relieved he wasn’t prying any more about his son. Sage wasn’t ready to talk about Jamie. It was easier to keep him where he was, present still, but not at the forefront of his mind and life, still ignorable when desperately needed.

“How many people have you drawn then?”
He questioned curiously, tilting his head slightly to one side as he spoke. Again as Alice moved away from the book shelf, Sage made no attempt to stop him. Instead he continued to let the other wonder around his home, just glad that Alice was still acting as friendly as he was after the brief coldness Sage had shown him at the mention of Jamie. “And what’s been your favourite thing to draw?”