Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 03-01-2008, 06:58 AM

The OOC Thread

The Story

Quote:
mu·sic –noun
1.An art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.
2.The tones or sounds employed, occurring in single line (melody) or multiple lines (harmony), and sounded or to be sounded by one or more voices or instruments, or both.
Just a textbook definition, something that industries milk out of the economy by cranking out generic singers and computerized discs. At least for this band they won’t be lip-syncing to songs and doing things for the money. They’ll get famous their own way. Consisting of several odd members from all over the musical spectrum, the band: Lost in the Music is trying to make a name for their self.

Locally in the city of New York, Lost in the Music is just like any other successful garage band. They can only go up. Of course when climbing up the charts one needs to deal with the tabloids, celebrities, drugs, and their ever-growing liege of stalkers. After all we’ve seen it all: Band break ups, going solo, going “emo†cause people like it. Can these kids make it? Well, they need some members first off and a good manager doesn’t hurt either.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 02-10-2015 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: Definition needs to be quoted

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 AM

Rules
1.Please follow TOS.
2.No cybering. It goes against rules and this is a public forum. No one wants to read it..seriously
3.Romance is allowed, but not necessary.
4.No controlling another character
5.No Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus
6.You can play up to two characters
7.This is a Semi-lit to literate roleplay. I tolerate mistakes, but make sure that the post doesn't have any chatspeak or 1337. Save that for chats.
8.Do not use * or - for actions. Type this like a book and remember that it needs to be in third person point of view.
9.PM profiles to me with the subject "Rock My World" or post them in the OOC Thread
10. Somewhere on your PM or post state that you have read the rules
11.If you play two characters, they can't be both in the band
12. I have the right to change and add rules

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-01-2008, 04:15 PM

Claire Roth stretched as the sun filtered through her window. She squinted before shielding her eyes and closing the curtains. She laid herself back down in bed. Phuu, a day like this and I'm spending it cooped up in the garage holding auditions with the band? Why Mr. Sun? Why? She tried to go back to sleep, but no avail. Realizing this, she finally pulled herself out of bed to get dressed. She lazily pulled over an old band shirt and a pair of faded jeans.

Claire continued her morning routine and walked outside. They were holding auditions in Mari's house this time. She had spent last week hanging up fliers everywhere and hoped that she didn't just waste time and paper She locked the door of her house and started walking over to Mari's house. She wondered whether the auditions would be total crap or if they would find some gems. She had hope that it was the latter.

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-01-2008, 04:22 PM

Marigold was already up and awake wearing a pair of light blue skinny jeans that hugged her thin model-like body. She also had on a black tank top. Her orange hair was up in a bun and her ligh eyelashes had black mascara on them. It illuminated their long length and made her look more mature and feminine. She also had on a pair of black ballet flats and had on a black wrist band on that had spikes coming out of it.

She was in teh kitchen making waffles for her garage band members. They were holding auditions at her apartment and she was excited. Theuy really needed some new talent and a new spark. Hoepfully this audition would go well.

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Manseutus Send a message via MSN to Manseutus Send a message via Yahoo to Manseutus

Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 PM

Sevaric was wearing black camo cargo pants and a long sleeved black shirt. Underneath the black shirt he wore a white t-shirt that had a skull and star on it. Today was the day they were holding auditions.

"Ill be back later Ma. Band is holding auditions today"

He then bolted out the door and headed for Mari's house.

((sorry for the crap post...)

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-01-2008, 05:22 PM

When teh waffles were ready/finished Mairgold stepped out of her house and breathe din the fresh air. She sat down on a step and sighed as she waited for the otehr members of her band to arrive.

(can she also be the chreographer for the band's shows?)

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Manseutus Send a message via MSN to Manseutus Send a message via Yahoo to Manseutus

Old 03-01-2008, 07:29 PM

Sevaric walked the short distance to Mari's house humming to himself the entire time. Maybe I can convince them that we can use this tune in something It was a tune that had gotten stuck in his head before he went to sleep the night before.

"Hey Mari!!" He called out as he saw her sitting on her porch. "I guess I'm on time for once eh? I See Claire has not arrived yet."

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-01-2008, 08:59 PM

Claire arrived at Mari's house, but stopped at the door. She looked at her non-existent wrist watch and looked around. She had hooked up a few people for the audition. Unfortunately, they weren't here yet. She looked at the sky, it was clear and "generic blue" as she called it. She saw Sevaric and Mari on the porch talking. She walked up to them and tapped Sevaric on the shoulder. "Hey, I'm here now aren't I?" She chuckled a bit. Since when was she the late one?

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-01-2008, 09:03 PM

Sevaric looked up and smiled. "that you are and since i was here first im not late." A huge grin appeared on his face. Normally he was the last one to show and whereas Claire wasn't late anyways it was still good to be able to get here before her.

"So how many people do you think will show?"

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-01-2008, 09:11 PM

"Pfft, Mari was here waaay before you." Claire said this jokingly, and looked at her cellphone to check the time. She hoped that they would bring their A-game though, when she heard them, they were good. Her thoughts were interrupted by Sevaric's question. She shrugged and thought about it. "Well, I have two people showing up and with all the fliers I put, we should get a good amount of people. She flashed back on when she tacked and glued those fliers. Claire had gotten in trouble for completely covering a store window. Pfft, it's' not like they had any nice clothes

Queen Demon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-01-2008, 09:11 PM

Sam pounded her fist on the alarm clock in her bedroom , she pounded her fist on the "Snooze" button. She got up slowly and walked to the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and her soild blakc hair and went back into her bedroom , she pulled out a pair of loose blue jeans out of her drawer and a loose black T-shirt. She mostly dressed like a tomboy most of the time and she had no interest in wearing skirts of dresses. Sam sometimes skipped breakfast and thats what hse did that day , her Mom no longer lived with her ; Sam had moved out into the house she lived in 2 years ago. She slipped of her dirty sneakers and walked out her door and locked the door , today she was going to try out for a band. She had played the drums ever scicne she was little and she wanted to be a band badly. She began to walk down the streets.

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-01-2008, 09:23 PM

Sevaric luaghed as Claire stated Mari was here way before him. "Thats true Claire. And thats good news. The more people who show the more likely we will find some we like." He then went to the grass and lay down on it stretching himself out.

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-01-2008, 09:32 PM

Claire smiled. "Yup. I just hope that there aren't too many really good people or we'll have a hard time picking." She leaned back into the chair and pulled out her mp3 player. She had left her guitar in the garage with the rest of the instruments. She found herself mouthing the words to the current song. "My eyes can’t see. What is wrong with me. My world is spinnin’ around, and I’m lost again." Her head nodded with the song as she listened in.

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-02-2008, 01:42 AM

Amati arrived at Mari's, too late as always. "I'm so sorry.. I'm late" she said out of breath

((i gotta go more later))

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-02-2008, 01:09 PM

"Hey Claire! Hey Amati! Hey Sevaric!" marigoild exclaimed as she hugged each of them "Come in." she said motioning to the door fop her house. "I made waffles." she added.

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-02-2008, 03:46 PM

Claire laughed. "Yeah, you should be. Even Sevaric got here before you." She grinned and turned to Mari as she came out of the house. She hugged her and looked around. Damn, they still aren't here yet. She smelled the waffles and jumped in the air. "Nice! I haven't even had brunch yet." Let the record show that breakfast and brunch are different.

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-02-2008, 04:00 PM

A huge grin appeared on Sevaric's face. "wow hats two firsts for today then. One m not the last one here and 2 i was here before Claire."
He then looked over at Amati.
"Its ok no body has shown up yet you haven't missed anything. and did I hear waffles? My favorite. Thank you Mari."

HotaruHoshi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-02-2008, 05:57 PM

"oh okay, wait WAFFLES!" Amati loved waffles, they were like.. her fuel or something "Where? I could use some nice waffle" she said laughing "So everyone's here fir the audition? col" she already knew the answer, of coarse they were here for the audition duh. "So when's the audition gonna start?" she asked eager to show of her skills

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-02-2008, 06:01 PM

Marigold looked at her watch. "The auditions start in an hour so we have time to eat." she said, "They're in teh kitchen Amati." she added.

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-02-2008, 06:04 PM

Claire ran past Mari, grabbing a few waffles in her hand. Despite the fact that she forgot a plate, she didn't care and came out. She ripped of them in half and started munching on it. It was pretty good compared to only having air as food. She went back in in Mari's kitchen and grabbed a six pack out of the refrigerator. "Hope you don't mind Mari." She closed the fridge and saw everyone currently in the band accounted for. She saw Sevaric and turned to him. "Hey, want a drink?"

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Marigold laughed at ehr friends hunger. "Sure." she told Claire. "Come in guys." she said to her friends taht were still outside.

Manseutus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-02-2008, 06:14 PM

"Sure why not" he replied to claire. he then ran inside and snatched a couple of waffles.

"I swear theses things are what keeps us together well our love for them least ways." He said grinning. He knew this wasnt the case but said it anyways.

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-02-2008, 06:16 PM

Marigold smiled and laughed at Sevaric's joke. "I guess I'll just have to keep making them then." she said with a joking smile.

Cows Go Moo

Old 03-02-2008, 06:21 PM

Claire ripped one of the cans from the six pack and passed it to Sevaric. She laughed and nodded at the truth. "Man, I know. You know what? New requirement: All band members must love waffles." She wasn't really serious, but it would be funny if that happened. Maybe we should change our name to "The Waffles too, but that would be kind of weird. She thought this with a hint of sarcasm and took out a bag of chocolate chips from her jean pocket and sprinkled it over her waffles.

Californiaswimmergirl
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-02-2008, 06:29 PM

"Are you guys excited?" Marigold asked the band refferring to the auditions.

((What kind of band are we? Rock? Alternative? Jazz? blues? Classical? etc?))