For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 03:56 AM

Happy Near Year! Happy time to break all of your resolutions! I would have made some, but I'm too lazy to even make them in order to break them. I was also too lazy to put up this thread! Although, I only found the event midway through Anyway, better late than never! What's everyone been up to?

Cookie is braving the frigid temperatures of the frozen north and desperately hoping we don't get as much snow that they say we're going to get. I hate shoveling.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 04:01 AM

cookie my cookie

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 04:02 AM

hummy my hummy, finally got off my bummy to make a thread.

My feet are cold. *puts ice cube toes on hummy* Brrr, you're cold too.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 04:05 AM

getting off the cookie bum is good

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 04:08 AM

I mean, I'm technically still on my bum. But I got it moving? Or something like that.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 04:08 AM

lol, yeah, I do get that

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 04:18 AM

Cookie is just not driven. Except when it comes to actual driving. I'm always the driver because I don't trust other people not to kill me.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 04:21 AM

ahhhh, the cookie mind at work

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 04:26 AM

Plus, I have a lot of friends that are afraid of driving. So many conditions. Won't drive on the highway. Won't drive in a city. And we really only have one big metropolitan type city, which is the capital. We're a tiny tiny state, so you can avoid the highway, but it's so much easier to get on it. It's so weird. I don't care for highway driving, mostly because people are idiots and don't know how to do it properly (the right lane is for travel and all other lanes are for passing!!!!!!! You don't travel in the in the left lanes and pass on the right. Argh!) And I hate parking in the city, but I love going there. So much to see and do. I can't imagine never doing it and missing out on all the adventures and restaurants and such.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 04:28 AM

city parking is the worst. especially on a hill *bites fingernail*

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 01-03-2018, 04:30 AM

Excited for the possibly BRUTAL storm we're getting tomorrow, Cookie!? I guess it might not reach your neck of the woods until Thursday, but oy... I am so already scheming about the soups and maybe a stew that I'm gonna cook and hoard to prevent venturing out into the frigid air.

Happy New Year, Cookster. We still have loads of time to make this thread look well-trodden!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 04:31 AM

lol, cookster

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 04:35 AM

Oh man, you should see the hill you have to hike up to get to Brown University from the river. Brutal. I bite my nails driving up it, I would never park on it. Luckily, most parking here is not on those hills, but in flatter places. It's very rare that I actually use my parking break. It does happen though.

@Facade - Yeah, we're predicted to get it Thursday. They're saying maybe 8 inches of snow. I'm considering just not going to work. If all the other idiots aren't going to show up anyway, why should I? We had 6 people call out today and one just didn't bother to call at all, just never showed up. -_-;;

Anyway, I have stuff to make Chicken and Dumplings, I'm just dragging my heels. I'm so lazy. Plus someone else had already cooked when I got home tonight.

Happy New Year!

Facade

Old 01-03-2018, 04:40 AM

Omg, I want some Cookie chicken and dumplings! That sounds glorious.

I agree though, if other poopsters aren't gonna bother coming to work, why even bother?

Am I right in thinking you used to live in NC, or is that false? Oy, the memory banks...

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 04:44 AM

It will be, when I finally get off my butt. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow. I don't want the chicken sitting in the fridge too long.

I mean, I need the money, but I could also stay home on Mene all day. Though my friend did suggest that we bring board games to work to play when we ultimately get stranded there.

I used to live in Louisiana. :D I currently live in Rhode Island.

Facade

Old 01-03-2018, 04:47 AM

Ahh! What kinda work do you do? And what kinda board games do you play!?

I love board games, so really that sounds like a dream come true. If only they weren't so pricey. D: I need to befriend people with massive board game collections for situations like this!

And ahh, when did you move from LA?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 04:49 AM

oh cookie I want some chicken and dumpling soups please

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 04:53 AM

I do shitty work that I really need to leave and get a better job *cries* I don't actually play board games cause I have no place that I can invite people over to force them to play games with me! I do have a copy of Apples to Apples I picked up a while back and have yet to play. And my friend said he'd bring Cards Against Humanity.

You know how around Christmas, a calendar store usually springs up in the mall? They often carry all sorts of board games and card games. Right after Christmas, go and sweep up a collection of sweet board games at 50% off or more! That's when I bought quite a few games and gave them out as late Christmas presents!

Man, it's been almost seven years now. Though most of my family still lives down there. I'm planning a trip back there sometime this year. :D

@hummy - I'll make you a bowl, you just gotta come pick it up. Fly over on your hummy chariot!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2018, 04:54 AM

Oh my God I love that movie and flying around on the hummingbirds I would totally have a hummingbird chariot

Facade

Old 01-03-2018, 04:58 AM

Wow, well the last time I was normally active was 2010/2011, so that makes sense that it's been that long. Oy!

And ooh, nice strategy for getting cheap board games! There's so many that I've researched through the YouTube series TableTop from Geek and Sundry... and desperately wanna play.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 05:00 AM

That would be pretty fun. Hummy chariot! :D

Time flies when you get old!

Yeah, though I realized I probably missed the window of opportunity for grabbing anything at our calendar store. It's probably already gone, but I should check tomorrow, before the big storm.

Facade

Old 01-03-2018, 05:02 AM

I may try to coerce a friend of a friend to host a board game day at her place, if the weather does get bad. She'll have off and be cooped up with her 3-year-old! And she and her husband have an awesome collection, including this game called Power Plant that I actually really love.

-plays with Hummy's hair-

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 05:03 AM

There's room in the basement for me to attempt a little hangout corner. But aforementioned laziness prevents me from doing anything with it. I might just wait till spring and invite some friends over to help me clean it and set up some furniture or something. I guess we'll see.

Hummy doesn't have hair silly, she has feathers. Really fine silky feathers :D

Facade

Old 01-03-2018, 05:07 AM

D: HUMMY HAS HAD FEATHERS INSTEAD OF HAIR THIS WHOLE TIME, AND I'M JUST FINDING THAT OUT!?

Scandalous.

But don't worry, Cookie! I'm 4000% the same way. Having company over is always an excuse for me to clean, which is nice, but I seldom have people over because I'm lazy. Now, if I'm going over someplace's? You can bet I'll bring something home-baked, if I'm feeling in the mood, or at least pick up a snack at the store! ...Or if it's that kind of night, a bottle of wine...

So much easier when someone else is the host.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-03-2018, 05:11 AM

Hummy might not even realize it, cause she's a silly bird brain ;) She thought we were the weird ones with hair!

Yeah, I like baking, but there's really no place to host in the house. But hey, if I had people over, as you say, impetus to clean, because I am bad at cleaning. x_x