rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 02:50 AM

GO GREEN! :cool:

Okay! This is the super secret Green Team's room for the Mole game: mission 2, to make out pixel art come true! I'm assuming it will be fine to talk in a forum thread here because we are going to be discussing the art we are hopefully putting together, whether it be pixel or board pieces.

So.. let's list the ideas so far.

Treasure Hunt - Shooting Star Game

Little Pixel Plushie Goddess Dolls

Shooting Star Pets

... that's it so far!

iC[a]ndy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 02:56 AM

How will we have little shooting star pets? Will they be in those little houses like pixel chicks or will they be like the virtual pets, Tamagotchi?

Also, I'd like to point out that we need someone to manage the thread. I can keep watch, but I suck at updating and running things. S:

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 08-01-2008, 03:02 AM

I can be pretty good about updating and stuff but I do have 2 part time jobs. This means that I may not be able to be on for as many as 5-6 hours at a time (according to my schedule next week)
But I work mostly in the afternoon times (EST) save for Thursdays and Fridays. I may also be gone the entire Saturday of the event.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:02 AM

Well it was just an idea. ^_^; I have to be honest, I don't know the first thing about making pixel art. Niivy seems to be good and you said you know a little about making them.

I don't think we have a lot of time to make them though, so whatever can come up with will have to do.

Plus if we go with the game idea, we could have set times the game will start. Like, the game will be open to buy pieces between 3pm and 8pm PST! Or whatever. And we can warn prizes won't go out until the game boards have been filled completely. Then start the next game after prizes are given out.

iC[a]ndy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:06 AM

You said there would be 10 rounds, right (if it's successful)?
I was thinking that we could mainly run the game, and whatever prizes we get done during the time, we hand out and if we don't, we'll give it to them after the game.

Maybe we can have one of those "first to quote this gets _____." things after a certain number has been reached, and depending on how successful it is, we'll put the number higher after every round. :3

Thoughts?

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Things we will need to plan (very general and reposted for your viewing pleasure)
1. planning our theme
2. advertising (maybe some pre-event advertising?)
3. Potential prizes (should a lotto happen)
4. setting up the thread (banners and posts)
5. Finding a mule (or potentially making one) to where all the gold will be sent
Bold = our current stage

iC[a]ndy: I don't quite understand what you are talking about... ^^:

iC[a]ndy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 AM

Alright, alright. ;-;
Should we stick to one theme or..?
I like have the Goddesses as our main point (the silver, gold and bronze) and having the little stars more in the shadow or as a sub/side theme/idea.
<can really think of words, sorry>

Dae: Which part? ^^;

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:15 AM

Well the 10 rounds thing was just an example for what we could make IF we could get 10 rounds in. We might want to actually make a smaller board so it's easier to fill up and play games. Here's another example of numbers.

5x5 board = 25 squares
1 square sold for 100g = 2500g
3 goddess squares with 3 prizes = a pixel doll of each
1 shooting star grand prize square with 1 prize = 1500g
Profit we make for effort of each game = 1000 g

Now, if we sell 49 square games and complete 10 games, we need to sell 490 squares!! to make a profit of 14,000.

If we sell 25 square games and complete 10 games, we need to sell 250 squares! to make a profit of 10,000.

We could do more of less games, depends on how many people will play and how many times they'll play. 100 gold is a fair amount of gold for a lot of menewshans. They might not want to part with that much over a game piece.

If we toned it down to 50g a square, we could still make the same profit, we'd just need to sellout double the games.

---

In turn if we choose to sell normal dolls/plushies and sold them for 100g each we'd need to sell 100 dolls to make 10,000 gold profit. Same if we sold pets instead.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 08-01-2008, 03:16 AM

I like the Goddess idea with the stars kind of as a background aspect too ^^

Remember, we only actually have 3 days to really prepare this.

I don't get what you are saying with the "first to quote" part ^^:

Rampartte: Yeah, it may be tough to sell squares for 100g a piece unless you can offer them an assured thing (like a pixel or something). And while events are pretty active, I don't know if we can pull in a great number of people.

Last edited by secretdae007; 08-01-2008 at 03:21 AM..

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 AM

I'm a little confused with the first to quote part too. O__O Are you saying we should hand out prizes even if we don't sellout the boards? We won't make a profit that way.

Oh! Another idea is to get people into a whole pixel based game, then we can all of them money if the prizes are all pixels. IF we can make this many dolls, I don't want to stress out our builders here. We could make a rainbow set of little goddesses, the red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple goddesses as the basic set. Maybe a black and white. Then we'll have special 'rare' goddesses that will be the bronze, silver and gold three goddesses.

In this version everyone plays the game one at a time and they pick a number between 1 and 80 lets say. We'll have select sets of numbers be specific goddesses.

1-10 = red
11-20 = orange
21-30 = yellow
31-40 = green
41-50 = blue
51-60 = purple
61-70 = white
71-80 = black

And the three rare goddesses will each have one specific number like 33, 44, and 55.

Someone pays 25 or 50g to play and picks a number, and they win the color that's under it. But we'll make up like, 5 different lists of numbers so it changes every time someone plays so no one can try and keep track and find the rare goddesses. People can take turns manning the booth then. But we'd need for a LOT of people to play to make some good money.

iC[a]ndy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:29 AM

Ram: Aii, I need a picture reference to be able to pixel or draw anything.
Don't ask me to draw, though, I'm terrible! D;

Think if we asked a few Menewshians they would help us decide how to work it out?

---
But if we're going to sell those, how are we going to get everyone involved?
Are we able to do both at the same time, or no?
BTW-- if we were to use pixel/plush Goddesses, I'd need a reference to look off of since I can't make it from the top of my head. D;

EDIT: How many do you think we'd have to make?
I like that game, too~
Depending on how you want the goddesses to look, we could always just change the gradients with the hue and saturation, but they'll most likely end up being the same colour. Like the red goddess would be all red, and the green one would be all green.. and so and so. Unless someone isn't lazy. haha.

Dae:
After a number of game pieces/squares have been sold, on the first page, we could have an announcement saying after this many squares are sold (or keep it kinda mysterious and not tell them the number so they'll be curious enough to buy more) , we'll unleash an image, and the first person to quote the image could be rewarded with a free square or something. Since the pieces are pretty pricey.

Last edited by iC[a]ndy; 08-01-2008 at 03:32 AM..

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 08-01-2008, 03:34 AM

What about rotating the list each day of the event? So if say 1-10 is going to be red one day, then 1-10 could be orange the next day? Of course, we could have sets of random numbers for that. Does that make any sense?

iC[a]ndy: ok, your idea makes a little more sense and I see where you are getting. I think it has potential

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:38 AM

Hmm.. I don't think giving away squares is a good idea. We're doing this because we're trying to make a profit for our mission. That's why I'm trying to think up games with cheaper squares.

I like the goddess dolls of many colors idea too, but again I'm not the one making the dolls and I don't know how easy it would be to make them all in time!

Mm.. maybe we SHOULD talk about how we want the dolls to look. Celes Paradi makes me think of celestial paradise. But I'm drawing a blank on ideas beyond colors. o_o Maybe we could do something like.. A moon goddess, a sun goddess, and a star goddess? Since they are supposed to all be coming down from the sky?

Basic Idea. The moon goddess is silver and black. The sun goddess gold and red. And the star goddess white and blue. ???

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 08-01-2008, 03:44 AM

Um... we should also include WHO will be doing these pixels ^^;

I'd also like to mention that I have yet to see any posts from J l Z Z in this entire thing. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about that?

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:47 AM

@ rampartte

I like the colour schemes you mentioned above. They make sense, to the elements
they represent ^^.

@ secretdae007

That's a pretty good idea too, with the rotation.

Who are the people that actually work with pixels
and doll bases, and stuff? Just that we have a clear picture
of how many people will be working on the images... Wouldn't
want to overload ourselves, plus we need to know the availability
of these people.

I am just worried that if we have too many squares, and too little
images. It kinda wouldn't be worth it >__o??

I was also thinking, what if we did little sprites, that had a basic
animation? They're pretty quite to get outta the way, and they'd
take up some square space...

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:48 AM

I haven't seen J l Z Z at all, maybe he can't get on? Should we tell Veen about it??

Well Niivy pm'd earlier should could do a goddess base. I was hoping she'd be able to tell us more about it. ^_^;

Though.. if we can't do pixel dolls in time we need a fall back plan!

We could JUST do a treasure hunt game with no dolls if none can be made. Maybe we should plan how to do the treasure hunt game, and if pixel's can be made we can add them as bonus squares to win to make the game more juicy to would be square buyers. Or we could sell them on the side lines for extra dough??

I think the theme of three is still a good idea. We could split the boards into three locations, a sky board, a menewshan island board, and a sea/water board. Each board could have 9 or 16 squares, depending on what the group decides, for either 27 or 48 total.

I could TRY and draw up some squares, though I don't know if I'm the best artist on the team really. O_O

~~~EDIT~~~

OH YAY NIIVY! :glomp: I think you're our team expert on all things pixelated! XD So dolls, pixel sprites, plushies.. might be up to you! If you can make them, I would say whatever you are comfortable in creating in just one weekend. Though it sounds like Candy might be able to help you!

Last edited by rampartte; 08-01-2008 at 03:50 AM..

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 08-01-2008, 03:53 AM

Yeah, I have little to no pixelating ability. I can doodle, which isn't of remotely good quality ^^: And I'm certainly no good at anything doll related D:

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 04:00 AM

Hmmm okay, we have a bit of a problem with the dolls @__@;;
Because i'm at school for the majority of the day, from 9am - 3/4pm
I also have assignment work, and essays that will consume my nights
outside of school hours - as i have a concurrent module at the moment

So i'm not available enough to dedicate much time >__o

Edit - All i can think of, is work up a dollbase in illustrator
that all of you can save, and recolour/rework to make variations?
I have very limited knowledge on pixelling at this stage also </3

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 08-01-2008, 04:09 AM

It's getting late for me and I have family coming over tomorrow and potentially a few chores to do (which may take a while). As well as work... I'll try and get back in here to see what else has been put into the pot of ideas tomorrow.

Night/day/whatever applies to you everyone!

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 04:10 AM

Well if you can draw up a doll base I can try my best to put some clothes and such onto them. We could all draw on the bases and then post them here and vote on what ideas people have that we like the best. ^_^

Night Dae!!

Last edited by rampartte; 08-01-2008 at 04:12 AM..

iC[a]ndy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 04:15 AM

I can do it, but the only problem is time, motivation and priority. ._.
Plus, sometimes, pixelating can turn into work rather than fun.
{ sorry that I've disappeared }

G'night Dae~

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 04:16 AM

Goodnight secretdae007 ^^

@ rampartte

Yeah, i think that would be our best bet >_o;;
All drawing up bases, and having a vote
Otherwise, it may be back to the drawing board...

What time is it where you are??

I'm working on a little star while i'm thinking. Lols
I might as well post it ^^.

@ iC[a]ndy

I'm in the same position, with priority >__o;;
These are like the most important essays of my
entire year at school. >.<

Last edited by Nivvy; 08-01-2008 at 04:23 AM..

iC[a]ndy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 04:19 AM

I was thinking we can use kawaiihannah's like I've mentioned before.
She's already given permission to people who use these sites as long as they follow her rules.
Plus her bases are kyute~

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 04:23 AM

I know what you mean Candy. >_< I thought this game would be fun but these missions are actually a lot more tedious. I'm getting badgered by several people around mene because I'm not coming to their rooms and talking to them. This is taking up all my concentration and time. @_@

Maybe we're thinking WAY over our heads. Maybe we should simplify what we want to do with the product rather than a big game with a bunch of boards AND plushie dolls.

Maybe easy to make sprites would be better? Or just a game?

~~EDIT~~

Both those ideas are good too for simplifying! Maybe starting with someone elses base would be good, and we just doll up the dolls.

That or we could just sell star pixels, if we can't get together to make goddesses. Lol. We could call them star goddesses! Put on some eyelashes, pucker lips, and some glitter!

Last edited by rampartte; 08-01-2008 at 04:26 AM..

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 08-01-2008, 04:44 AM

@ iC[a]ndy

Yes her dolls are incredible >.<
At this stage it's an option for me >_o
Because i've been mucking around with this doll base in Illustrator for a while
and it's not really getting anywhere. Because i keep changing my mind on things
we won't get anywhere, with how long i'm taking. Lols. Plus her face was inspired
by KH oddly enough. Haha.

@ Rampartte

http://www.feedoffcreativity.co.uk/T...tTutorial1.php is a very basic tutorial for pixel work
But i was thinking, the smaller we make them
the easier they will be... I dunno if it's really worth it though
Lols. Plus the guy who made that tutorial is a wonderful source
of inspiration.

Very basic star ^^;; Lols
Was just mucking around. Don't like how static he is
But oh well </3