I just like having fun. 33 42.31%
What? I don't RP?! (WHY ARE YOU IN RP FORUM THEN?!) 5 6.41%
Other. (Tell me in a post :P) 9 11.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 AM

So I was just wondering, why do you like to role play? What drives you to write every day? What is the best part about it for you?

I like to role play because it is fun to play with certain situations that could not happen in real life. I have always loved writing, so role playing helps me create stories without having to write a novel on my own. I only just started writing my role plays, as I used to act them out. I like acting, but writing is just as fun. (Acting is easier though :P). The best part of role playing for me is when you get to see how your decisions affect the other character's and vice versa.

Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 AM

I like to roleplay because it gives me a chance to get out of my life, and into someone elses. When I was little, I used to play imaginary games a lot, and pretend to be someone else. It wasn't really the joy of pretending though, it was just the joy of creating this story and character that no one else could create. Then when my friends grew out of those games, I began to kinda of...write out the scenarios by myself in my head...then I rolled upon roleplaying! It's just so much fun. You get to be this totally different person, in a totally different world.
And I love getting into other people's minds. I'm one of those people who constantly thinks "What are they thinking right now? What's their life like? Why are they like this?" And roleplaying gives me a chance to actually get into someone else's mind.

So basically, I roleplay because of my love of characters.... but I also adore the plots you can create with people. ^^

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 03-30-2013, 07:54 AM

I was the same way, really. I always loved playing as other characters as a child (Pokemon, robots, Lion King... etc), but never 'grew out' of it. I was still roleplaying/acting at the age of 18. It's actually how I go to bed at night >///> Playing as my characters to help me come up with situations and plotlines.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-03-2013, 12:32 AM

I rp because I'm used to writing my own stories, but sometimes it's easy and fun to share. My best friend got me into rping and I really love it. Being able to share and react and interact makes the story exciting. Things will hopefully always be fresh and unexpected things are more likely to happen.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 04-07-2013, 04:51 AM

To be honest I like to rp and creative cause sometimes I'll think up story's. on my own in my head just small plots are sometimes they are fanbased. I started to rp on gaia yes in a breedable shop on there. I also rp to help my self learn to spell better. to be fair sometimes I wonder if I learned to rp in the 3rd person. are not by now mostly cause I'm not use to that type of rping style.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 04-07-2013, 04:58 AM

I rp to meet people. Mainly though, I use rping as a way to improve my writing skills and most certainly my characterization. It's a great way to test out and create new characters, and even throw around small snippets of ideas that you want to test out to see how they might go. You also get the chance to see how others write and have their characters handle different situations, which is a learning experience in and off itself.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 PM

I roleplay to releave stress and to voice how i am feeling and maybe some of my thoughts......even to escape my real life.......I guess it is mainly to help me to take my mind off of contemplating suicide......anyways the good part is that i love the story lines

Nightmaren
A Simple Neglectable Oddity

Old 05-02-2013, 02:33 AM

I like to Roleplay because my head is always, odd to say it, flooded. Since I can't seem to dream when I'm asleep, or never remember them on awakening, I dream all the time when I'm awake. Sometimes, when I don't want to. So I draw, sketch, write, and play games, but usually only games in which I can customize my character, even if it is only the armor or equipped weapon. And so, with all my characters that seem to force their way into my head, I can't just let them sit alone, unmoving, forsaken. So I roleplay with them, or at least write their names down, and a quick summary, for another time.
With gaining gold for each post on a forum, I was hesitant to pick the option to explain why, because I felt like it was cheating. But that's just me.

CelesteStar
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 06-19-2013, 10:58 AM

I love to roleplay and participate in collaborative story telling because of the possibilities. There's just so much you can write about and play around with, without having to write a novel by yourself. You get to know others' writing styles and you learn from them too. it's also fun.

Zhoent
┌(・。・...

Old 08-14-2013, 01:07 PM

I role play because it's a way of escaping the stress of everyday life. I'm able to be whoever and wherever I want to be; I can control my own destiny. And being a fan of video games and TV shows, I can transport myself to their world and make new friends. It's also a way to improve my writing and people skills, something I'm lacking. Overall, there are no downsides to it: I can receive feedback for my work, make life altering decisions without any real consequences, and just have fun. :)

CloverCat

Old 09-28-2013, 10:46 PM

I wish I liked to role play. It sounds so fun! Pretending to be someone else, making up emotions and story lines. (Yeah... That's why I'm kinda just scrolling through different role plays with openings.) I've just never found one that I can connect with or contribute to. :( I don't think I'd be very good at making one up either. Sounds awesome though!

Beekeeper
I don't - what is - I - huh?

Old 09-29-2013, 06:20 AM

I roleplay because not only is it a fun way to meet others on this site, it helps me hone my writing! That is definitely a major plus with roleplaying - you get to, well, play around while also polishing up a skill. And it especially helps for budding authors like myself. Roleplaying lets me write (pretty much) daily which can also help me with my commitment to me craft and stop being so lazy in finishing pieces - because there are other people relying on your post, so you damn well better post it!

Strude Ros
The Infallible

Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 AM

I like to roleplay, because it is a hobby I've done for twelve years. However, I dislike it more and more, because of the community as a whole. The entire reason I started RPing was for the fun, the enjoyment, the creativity, playing characters in otherworldly and outrageous situations. In recent years many aspects have taken priority over those things within the community, focus is on arbitrary content like paragraphs and literacy ratings, and it strips the heart and soul from roleplaying.

This said I have taken up D&D because there still lies the essence of roleplay I loved when I started.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-07-2013, 09:20 PM

I like to roleplay because I can get away and immerse myself like I can with books and I love it! Plus since I love writing and one day want to write a book... I can learn how in a way by writing many "books" aka roleplays with the wonderful people on this site. And drives to around looking is because I want read and reply! :D It's so fascinating! What drives me to write? I love writing and want to continue the story.

Edit: Oh yeah the best thing about RP is that it's fun!

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-18-2014, 10:53 AM

I roleplay because I want to tell a story or I want to exspeariance life events that I never could in real life. When it comes to stories it is because I cant tell them all on my own. I am working hard to make it a habit to write a lot each day. so one day I might be in the habit of writing that I will be able to write out one of the thousands of stories stuck in my head never fully finished. Writers block is one of my worst enemies as it is a road block to any story I have tried to do. yes I have tired to write beyond the point of the block and it will not work for me.

Phaena
doe-hearted girl

Old 04-03-2014, 09:06 PM

It makes me happy and keeps the creativity flowing.

Latigua
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-11-2014, 02:56 PM

I role play to create a new world and a person/group to live in that world. Taking the time to make a place believable if it is a new world, or just having the characters lives played out in different ways if here on our world is great. Really works up the creativity when you have to figure out how something is going to work in the world you are building within a role play.

woohyun
우현

Old 04-15-2014, 05:50 AM

Even though I don't get to do it often at all, I like it because I can immerse myself into another world, so to speak, and be someone else for a while. It helps me forget the crappy stuff going on in my real life so it's a nice stress reliever that helps me escape reality once in a blue moon.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 11-22-2014, 07:10 AM

I like to escape into some other world where I can be exactly what I want to be, without any difficulties.

Junabelle
But first, coffee.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:02 AM

Like writing fanfiction, roleplaying is a great writing exercise for me. I hope to have a book published one day and in the mean time, I'd enjoy any experience I can get. And besides, I enjoy getting creative and as long as my partner and I are happy with one another, I have a lot of fun.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 05-11-2015, 09:30 PM

I love roleplaying because I truly enjoy writing and the creative spark that it ignites. I'm an artist and so writing is another outlet that I have to enjoy and experiment with. I'm allowed to do things that I perhaps can't do in real life (travel to different eras and countries etc.). It's definitely a great creative outlet and so when I can find a partner who has that same spark, it's really magic in the forum because we can play off of each other and really keep that spark thriving and allow it to grow. You know you're inspired when the next thing you know you have 5-6 paragraphs written and none of it is filler!

Uuhime

Old 06-11-2015, 02:30 AM

I like roleplaying because I really do enjoy writing and creating, but don't get to write a lot. Sometimes I make very nice plots or characters and, well, I don't get a chance to really bring them to life any other way.
Plus I love getting into the crazy shenanigans that plotless roleplays/walk-in roleplays can create. They're so much fun!

Ermahgerd Berks
Black Metal Pony

Old 06-27-2015, 11:06 AM

I've never done it before but I like the idea of it. I definitely want to try it because you can do things in a roleplay that you can't do in real life or wouldn't ever do in real life.

I want to experiment with things and roleplaying seems like it could be a safe way to do it without anybody having to get hurt if I make mistakes. You can pretend all kinds of things and it's not real so it's all okay!

I really want to try it sometime and find out what it's like! I've read some other people's roleplays and it looks like it could be fun.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 06-28-2015, 12:29 AM

I like to roleplay because I like the idea of being someone I'm not.
Err, rather, being someone that I am, but not able to be that person in reality. You know?

I enjoy writing and I love the idea of writing stories with other people and feeding from their ideas as well as adding my own. It's very fun, as well!

Lord Angel Newlife
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2015, 10:47 PM

I role play to become better at role playing. Also I'm working on a bachelor's degree in Game Design and Role playing helps me come up with ideas for games and such.