jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-28-2012, 05:58 PM

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin :)

Once upon a time, long long ago...I wanted to bring in event currency. Just as a little extra something, though we already gave people a lot more than any other site. Nowhere else gave people new items at half price during events. Avaricia started doing it too, but that's because Bobbi is on Mene and liked how we did things

I fought for event currency, the majority of people were against it because of the chance that people might try to abuse it. Plus the simple fact that whenever we give people something for nothing, they get greedy and start to complain when there's not what they consider to be enough. But I kept bringing the subject up until people caved in, just to get me to STFU about it.

The purpose of event current has NEVER been so anybody can get the entire contents of the event store for free.
Never ever.

I sat down and worked out the figures, what I wanted was for the average poster to be able to afford 1 mid-range common for free, each day. Or maybe 1 expensive item by the end of the event, if there were things like wings or ballgowns in the shop.

So when I see people complaining about how they're not going to be able to get all the commons for free...well, that makes me very sad. Don't be greedy guys :C You're already getting new items for half price.

I can check what items you have, so it makes me especially sad when some of the biggest complainers are people who finish an event with multiples of both EIs and commons. So those people clearly have nothing to complain about, and really are just being greedy.

I know some people stockpile commons that they've bought with event currency, and then sell them back once the event is over, making themselves a bucketload of free gold. I've got no issue with that. But when the same people complain about how hard it is to earn event currency

So I ask you lovely people very nicely. Please don't lose perspective about the meaning of event currency. It's there to let you get the EIs for free, but not too many because that would just devalue them for the future. It's there to let you buy a few commons for free too. But it is NOT there to enable you to fill your inventory without having to spend 1 single gold piece. Let those moths in your wallet see some daylight ;)

I know the collection rate isn't perfect, but you guys also know that we alter it. It's WAY high now, probably too high, but some people will probably still complain ._.

Just thinking on issues that people have created in the past...

If a person can only get online for 2 days of an event, that is not our problem. Sorry, but they just have to face the fact that they're not going to get everything that they want. Demanding that we raise the currency rate to some rediculous amount just to suit their purposes is both extremely silly, monstrously selfish, and would not benefit them anyway. Think what that would do to the long-term value of the EIs

If an average poster could only get online over the weekend, and could easily collect a full set of EIs, then someone who was on every day would be able to collect at least 8 sets. That's 16 sets if they have a mule... a prolific poster could collect 30...40 sets? Those EIs are never gonna be worth squat. They'll be like my nemesis; those damn eggs -.-

Just something else for you guys to bear in mind, anyway. More of a view of the bigger picture :)

Thank you for reading, anyway!

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:06 PM

I noticed that it was .70 something per post now. I think that's way more than generous. You guys didn't have to do that and I completely understand if you lower it.

Hahaha XD the eggs are your nemesis

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 PM

I was pretty surprised that my tokens were going up as quickly as they were, and I had noticed that the numbers were changing today (I thought it was .35 per post but I clearly don't pay attention lol). I'm glad we get event currency, otherwise I'd never be able to complete my quest and get those oh-so pretty rares.

I'm sorry people were complaining, but when there's free things floating around (as you said) people always will want more.

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:12 PM

Yeah, when I got up this morning and made a post that jumped it up a lot more than expected, I was a little shocked.
I may have a hard time posting 'enough' this event, but I also don't want to get a set of EI's just to see the most prolific posters complaining that they ONLY managed to get 6 sets this time. That always irritates me.

Also, eggs. @.@'
I had to make an Easter folder just for those eggs so I could still see the REST of my stuff, lol.

DancingCrazy
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-28-2012, 06:12 PM

I would just like to take this moment to thank you for raising the amount but .75 is definitely a very generous amount.

Lumina
*^_^*

Old 09-28-2012, 06:15 PM

This is very well said, and needed to be said.

It was generous to increase the amount you get - to .75 even - that's a huge jump! Hopefully we won't be seeing people complain, and they'll be able to get all the items that they want now.

Thank you jelly!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:15 PM

Aw, my apologies for wanting to get as many free items as possible. ;___; It's just that there are sooo many gorgeous items. ;D But thank you very much for putting this event up and being so generous with currency we can use to get items we are able to get for free. <3

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:16 PM

If anything, the rate seems a little high to me now... but. I don't have all the numbers to crunch in front of me to know for sure. Posting in general is a lot slower this event than in years past, so.... dunno.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Jelly, I was one of the complainers...I'm sorry!

Mainly cuz we had planned on going out of town, and I was afraid I wasn't going to be online that much. I was also going by the last event.

Turns out that we did NOT go out of town, and so I'm here to post to my heart's content!

I am glad that you upped the currency...but I agree that .75 is WAY more than generous! Thank you for the gift!

I appreciate you and the staff and all the hard work you do for us!

Last edited by Jeannesha; 09-28-2012 at 06:26 PM..

Fiona_Watergate
Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse...

Old 09-28-2012, 06:22 PM

Jelly your great <3

SexualPlacebo
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to SexualPlacebo Send a message via MSN to SexualPlacebo

Old 09-28-2012, 06:24 PM

Thank you Jelly.
.75 is definitely a very generous amount.
We love you lots. :D

Edit: I was also one of the complainers, but I was more against the people who were calling the people asking to up the amount "lazy". I think that was very rude of them, as they don't know the people and what is happening in their personal lives and shouldn't judge. >/

Double edit: I'm so happy I have made enough for a set of EI's. THANK YOU AGAIN JELLY!! <333
If I have to disappear for the weekend I can do it without regret. :D

Last edited by SexualPlacebo; 09-28-2012 at 06:31 PM..

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:24 PM

I appreciate everything you have done jelly it so sweet, If anybody complains I will whack them with a fish!

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 PM

*is whacked by DD's fish*

Ouchies!
I said I was sorry!

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 09-28-2012, 06:29 PM

I was one of the complainers...and honestly, I feel bad for complaining. I thought that the currencies were supposed to help you get a majority of the items you wanted from the shop. The reason why I try to get as many as i can from the event shop is because most of the time, I don't have much gold. So when the even it around, I try to buy as many commons as I can. I just get what I need and not sell them. I'm sorry for complaining. :( I should have thought more about how hard you guys work and have been more grateful for what you've given us already.

The amount you bumped it up to was VERY generous, and I am extremely grateful. In the events to come in the future, I'll think more about what the purpose of currencies are for and less about everything I need to get ASAP.

Again, I apologize for my greediness.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 PM

Very well said Jelly. Thank you for the increase in event currency, it is more than generous.

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:41 PM

I meant if anybody complains about the upgrade Jeanie xD, but I am pretty sure everybody would have been just as happy with .5 event currency per post, but it is all a gamble, and we appreciate all the hard work you do even if you might not see it by us, we spend lots of time talking amongst each other and that is what really makes me happy that you put on these events :)

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 PM

Touche~ and thank you for the opportunity to try and 'earn' the EI's that we can :) Much appreciated!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 09-28-2012, 06:47 PM

Why..would people complain.. about getting free items.. Me.. I'm more then happy getting maybe one free outfit andt he EI's.. why would people complain ? I just..don't get it. and heck most of the things im after 'shakes head' aren't even in the event store lol

I might be being mean but um..why would you up it to seventy five with how ungreatfull people have been.. most of the items i go for 'blush' arent' in the event shops. im happy with a few outfits the rest i can always work towards once their in the normal shops.. but i do thank you for the increases.. and if I've been ungreatful at all during htis even ti am REALLY sorry..not that i can remembe ri fi was but if i was Again MAJOR sorry..

Last edited by star2000shadow; 09-28-2012 at 06:59 PM..

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-28-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
why would you up it to seventy five with how ungreatfull people have been..
Because we're awesome and you guys forgot that.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 07:11 PM

i think expressing your opinion isn't complaining.
to be honest i hesitated to say anything for just this reason.
i give away most of all of the event items i get so i do not consider myself greedy.
i do appreciate all of the staff members and all of their hard work for little to no pay.
thank you for uping the event currriency, jelly, it was very nice of you to do so and to want event currency to begin with.
it is one of my favorite things about our menewshian staff run events, besides all of the activity that comes with an event.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 PM

Stone cold Hummy! No remorse!

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 07:55 PM

Humans are designed to always want more, it's how we survive So maybe words online can sound more sincere than what they really mean, like hummy said. I think we would all rather items that were worth more than loads of items like the eggs that nobody seems to want, so we don't really want to get millions of sets. It just excites users when they can gain more. I think event currency is a great idea, I didn't know that you made it happen, Jelly! -claps-
I think the people who 'complain' or express that they want more are just really annoyed with themselves and not mene at all. They are, or we are, disgruntled by not being able to be online or post as much as we want to be able to get the items (which we all love!).

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 09-28-2012, 07:57 PM

In my opinion I think the event currency is a wonderful idea. It's a gift from the staff that shows how much they care for the users on the site, and I think it's a shame that people are ungrateful for that.

So Bravo to the Staff! And Thank you for all the hard work!

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 09-28-2012, 08:03 PM

I thought it was too high myself. I'm one of those people that probably won't be able to get a full set of EIs anyway because I've not had internet but I was still okay with the rate of earning event currency before it was upped. Let people complain...who cares? I mean really, there could be no event currency and rares could be bought with gold. The purpose of the event is supposed to just have a good time anyway and not bitch about things like event currency anyway.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 PM

what do i have to be remorseful for Iku?
i always thank the staff for their work.
i don't speak behind anyone's back,
i am honest and loyal.
i give more than i take.
i wasn't rude.

i am allowed an opinion,
a friend asked me to post.
you even said to express ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
Stone cold Hummy! No remorse!