Old 08-30-2015, 06:51 AM

First one. :D

I am the MAGE!
Username:Nephila
Image of My Entry:

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-30-2015, 06:55 AM

i acutally totally forgot about it >.> i haven't helped in a contest in a while so i'm a little rusty and forgetful!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-30-2015, 07:10 AM

For the Thief - it says "Monochrome", but that can also mean using shades of one color, not just B&W, and it says that you have to blend in with your surroundings. Does this give creative liberty to not do B&W? Or are you implying B&W is the way to go?

Ahhhh - I see we can use the DAC too lol Wish I had know that! Ah well - the challenge of using what's in my closet is making me more creative - I think I'll stick with it unless I get seriously stuck! More fun that way! ;D

Edit: Also - if you could ping that'd be great - I probably won't see it tonight! I'm already falling asleep lol!

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 08-30-2015 at 07:19 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-30-2015, 07:15 AM

So i've updated the contest to here... a couple things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Let me HEAL you!
Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
3-5 Sentences: From her basket my healer can pull fourth herbs and vials of potions to heal ills, bandages and splints to support broken bones. she's not hte flashiest of healers, but she gets the job done.
Quote:
I am the MAGE!
Image of My Entry:
star2000shadow: two things, for your mage, is silver and white your accent colors of choice? we weren't sure if you meant for the silver bow on the dress to be an accent, but we think so...? and your healer needs at least one more sentence to be accepted! you got this, girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestrya View Post
It's a THIEF!
Username: Celestrya
Image of My Entry:
Celestrya: your avatar certainly does blend into the background and quite nicely but we're afraid that it is not monochromatic (there is blue and black) and can not be accepted at this time D: but don't fret! please, please, please, fix it up and resubmit! /peerpressure :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by EirianHikari View Post
I am the MAGE!
Username:EirianHikari
Image of My Entry:
EirianHikari: thanks for all the entires! maria and i just wanted to check with you about your accent colors on your mage entry though. purple is definitely one, but which is the other...? there needs to be at least two

ALL CONTESTS UPDATED TO HERE! ALSO, CHECK FAQS AS THERE HAVE BEEN ADDITIONS!
keep up the good work everyone! let's get more!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 08-30-2015, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
So i've updated the contest to here... a couple things!

star2000shadow: two things, for your mage, is silver and white your accent colors of choice? we weren't sure if you meant for the silver bow on the dress to be an accent, but we think so...? and your healer needs at least one more sentence to be accepted! you got this, girl!

Celestrya: your avatar certainly does blend into the background and quite nicely but we're afraid that it is not monochromatic (there is blue and black) and can not be accepted at this time D: but don't fret! please, please, please, fix it up and resubmit! /peerpressure :P

EirianHikari: thanks for all the entires! maria and i just wanted to check with you about your accent colors on your mage entry though. purple is definitely one, but which is the other...? there needs to be at least two

ALL CONTESTS UPDATED TO HERE! ALSO, CHECK FAQS AS THERE HAVE BEEN ADDITIONS!
keep up the good work everyone! let's get more!
yes the bow is an accent 'nods' and 'goes off to add on to her healer.

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 12:17 AM ----------

Linnea:

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-30-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
For the Thief - it says "Monochrome", but that can also mean using shades of one color, not just B&W, and it says that you have to blend in with your surroundings. Does this give creative liberty to not do B&W? Or are you implying B&W is the way to go?
i sure hope they aren't all black or white! the idea is always to be creative how can you make a thief blend in when inside a volcano? in a snow storm? in the jungle? have fun with this one!

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 03:18 AM ----------

Quote:
yes the bow is an accent 'nods' and 'goes off to add on to her healer.

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 12:17 AM ----------

Linnea:
ok perfect, thanks! i'll add it to the front

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 08-30-2015, 07:20 AM

Let me HEAL you!
Image of My Entry:
3-5 Sentences: From her basket my healer can pull fourth herbs and vials of potions to heal ills, bandages and splints to support broken bones. she's not hte flashiest of healers, but she gets the job done. She also Grows all of her own herbs, so that any injured or sick individual gets the highest level of care. not to mention a nice and cool place to lay the ill down.

Linnea: Hows this?

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-30-2015, 07:22 AM

looks great! i'll add it now! thanks, star

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-30-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
i sure hope they aren't all black or white! the idea is always to be creative how can you make a thief blend in when inside a volcano? in a snow storm? in the jungle? have fun with this one!

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 03:18 AM ----------

ok perfect, thanks! i'll add it to the front
Haha Actually never mind my edit! Right as I edited your post appeared so we're good lol Perfect timing! ;D

Perfect!! I was having a hard time with it because I really didn't want to do B&W, but a colored one! I have so many ideas swirling in my head. But I didn't want to submit and have it rejected because it was color since all entries so far have been B&W!!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-30-2015, 07:23 AM

Awhh. My monologue didn't make it along wtih my entry. So sad.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 08-30-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
looks great! i'll add it now! thanks, star
no problem, thank you so much for being so patient of me 'nods'

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-30-2015, 07:25 AM

oh and i forgot one!

Queen_Andais: thanks for entering! your avatar is acceptable except for the really big gold button thingy on your dress that makes your avatar not monochromatic. perhaps add a sash or some other small edit and please re-enter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais View Post
It's a THIEF!
Username: Queen_Andais
Image of My Entry:

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Haha Actually never mind my edit! Right as I edited your post appeared so we're good lol Perfect timing! ;D

Perfect!! I was having a hard time with it because I really didn't want to do B&W, but a colored one! I have so many ideas swirling in my head. But I didn't want to submit and have it rejected because it was color since all entries so far have been B&W!!
well just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you have to ;P and i am excited to see some of that swirling creativity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Awhh. My monologue didn't make it along wtih my entry. So sad.
i did not add it, buuut i read it... and i liked it! if that makes you feel better hahaha

Quote:
no problem, thank you so much for being so patient of me 'nods'
oh no problem at all! i am so glad to see your enthusiasm for the avi contests so thank yoooou!

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 08-30-2015, 07:36 AM

Linnea, I will respectfully pull that submission and submit a completely different outfit.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-30-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais View Post
Linnea, I will respectfully pull that submission and submit a completely different outfit.
i respectfully accept your decision

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-30-2015, 07:45 AM

LOL. A little better! :D

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 08-30-2015, 07:50 AM

hmm..are we allowed to 'submit' different outfits if we don't like the ones currently up?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-30-2015, 07:51 AM

@Linn: Very true!! Which is why I wanted to make sure I was cleared to go crazy haha! I'm a stickler on following the guidelines so I didn't want to get rejected because I took too much liberty with the technical definition of Monochrome!! XD;

Okay, so I'm off to bed again - this night has been hell trying to sleep!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-30-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
LOL. A little better! :D
well that's something!

Quote:
hmm..are we allowed to 'submit' different outfits if we don't like the ones currently up?
if entries are changed before they go on the front page, then yes. why don't you like the ones you already submitted?

Quote:
@Linn: Very true!! Which is why I wanted to make sure I was cleared to go crazy haha! I'm a stickler on following the guidelines so I didn't want to get rejected because I took too much liberty with the technical definition of Monochrome!! XD;

Okay, so I'm off to bed again - this night has been hell trying to sleep!
i appreciate your sticklerness for the rules sooo much so that i added a link to the definition of monochrome to the THIEF post so hopefully there are no other confusions!

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 04:00 AM ----------

oh yea and...
ENTRIES UPDATED TO HERE!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 08-30-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
well that's something!

if entries are changed before they go on the front page, then yes. why don't you like the ones you already submitted?

i appreciate your sticklerness for the rules sooo much so that i added a link to the definition of monochrome to the THIEF post so hopefully there are no other confusions!

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 04:00 AM ----------

oh yea and...
ENTRIES UPDATED TO HERE!
'frown' oh well, and well i like them in that i made them but a couple of them feel rushed, and as their on the front page I'm fine with them. 'waves hand'

Midian
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-30-2015, 08:38 AM

I am the MAGE!
Username: Midian
Image of My Entry:

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 08-30-2015, 08:40 AM

It's a THIEF!
Image of My Entry:

Thanks Linnea. I believe this one is even better then my first attempt.

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 01:44 AM ----------

Fear the WARRIOR!
Image of My Entry:

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-30-2015, 09:11 AM

Let me HEAL you!
Username: Bearzy
Image of My Entry:
3-5 Sentences: I wanted to take a more practical than magical approach to healing, giving my healer a sturdy bag and a mask to help combat any airborne illnesses. While I was working on it I felt drawn to a kind of nurse's uniform as well, which worked with the white. The foggy city background and steampunk-y aspects just looked cool.

---------- Post added 08-30-2015 at 10:24 PM ----------

I am the MAGE!
Image of My Entry:

It's a THIEF!
Image of My Entry:

Fear the WARRIOR!
Image of My Entry:

Nephila
The Serpent Bride