Alyssia
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM

I'm looking to start up an art shop, but I don't really have the time to do full bodies or the normal pieces that you'd find in an art shop. I though about pixel confections...but I don't have the time to do them in MS Paint. I could use Graphisc Gale...but I'd have to download it and I can't do that on the family computer (haven't gotten my own yet)

Anyway what I'm looking for is something that simple to draw, and something that's easy to reproduce. I can't really color either...so something that looks good black in white.

All in all I'm considering head shots because they don't take all that long. So post your ideas~

x R i n a
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-26-2009, 02:16 AM

Yeah! You should try doing head shots. :3 Or maybe chibi bodies? They don't have to be elaborate, but they can be small, cute, and simple, if the requester doesn't want a head shot. Chibi drawings are very simplified. For example, a small body and big head, all drawn using basic shapes. The eyes can be large or small, but the outcome is usually very cute looking either way.

Of course, all your art is going to be in black and white, so that's just going to be the colors, although if you want to add a bit more to it, you can shade the sketches or drawings if you know how to do that. :D Good luck with your art shop!

Yazoo
::...Rest In Peace Ronnie James ...

Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 PM

Maybe you can do something with line art?
Chibi's are always easier to draw then normal full bodies as well, so you might want to give that a try; they're good with little color as well.
If you or a friend of yours has a scanner you can use, maybe you can draw things on paper, then scan them, crop them with paint or whatever program you have on the computer, then go with those?

In the end it's not about looking what you can't do, but what you can do after all :3

Exrael
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2009, 06:05 AM

True, headshots and such are always popular!!

A rising trend I've seen in art shops is the "flob":
(example from Google images)

It's basically an image that people use with their posting style, of their avatar and part of a speech bubble. They usually sell pretty easily and are easy to do. They may be a good choice on your shop menu!