Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2012, 09:11 PM

Plot: When a group of teenagers stay too late at their school, they find out why people say to leave before the sun goes down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Lucine Reed
Nickname: Lucy
Personality: Sporty
Picture - Click here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Keeran Alexander
Nickname: Kee
Personality: Loner/New Kid
Picture - Click here (minus the long coat and the cross on his neck)

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to OriginalSin Send a message via Yahoo to OriginalSin

Old 04-09-2012, 09:55 PM

Sophia Morgan

Nickname: Soph, but most just call her by her full name; Sophia
Personality: Posh [The Rich Kid]

Reece Evans

Nickname: Rhy
Personality: Rebel

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 PM

It was getting late and Kee wanted to go home. They had been working on this stupid geography project since classes had finished and it was almost dark out now. He sighed as he looked over the map he had been working on all afternoon. He wondered why he'd ever agreed with the idea of hand drawing the map, then remembered it was because he didn't expect to get handed a sheet of poster board, a box of cheap markers, and a three inch square map of South America to copy and told to get to work. At least the other three had forgot about him, meaning they hadn't thought to give him a part to read in front of the class. He hated oral reports, especially on as boring a subject as South America. He didn't live there, didn't plan on going there, what exactly did it matter what their main export was.

Lucy twirled the pencil around her fingers as she read the notes she'd made over the course of the afternoon. She was trying to make sure they had all the information the teacher had required. She usually wasn't this obsessed over a project, but she was doing bad in geography and if the group didn't get a good mark on this project she risked failing the class, and if she did that she'd never hear the end from her mother. "Alright, so it looks like we've finally gone over everything." She said sitting back with a small sigh, rubbing her eyes, the florescent classroom lights had irritated them. "Anyone got anything else they want to add?" She asked glancing around the others at the table.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-11-2012, 11:03 PM

Sophia sat and stared out of the window. It was growing darker and darker and she knew that by the time they were done she would have 10 missed calls on her phone off her Father asking where she was and why she hadn't gone home for dinner. Urgh! So not in the mood for him right now! she thought to herself and then turned to face the rest of her group. Their teacher had obviously lost her mind; grouping the most unlikely people together to do this project! To start with, Sophia had never spoken to one of them before in her life! And on top of that, they were hardly sociable.

Glancing down at her scriptive handwriting on the paper in front of her, Sophia sighed. It had been a very long day and it looked like it would be a very long night. Then she heared Lucy say they were done going over their notes. "We've finished the notes, but has anyone taken into account that we still have to make a presentation for the board as well as a huge poster outlining the basic import and export information for South America?" she grumbled in her thick British accent. Yes, it had all come out slightly more harsh than she had intended, and no, she wasn't a total bitch, but being in the school irritated her. "Sorry, I get nasty when I'm tired" she sighed as she stood up to get some pens and a large piece of paper for them to start their poster.

Sitting with his back to the group, Reece was scrunching up paper and throwing over his shoulder into the waste bin behind him. How boring could this be! He didn't want to be here and had no intention what so ever of passing this class! In fact, Reece was more interested in ignoring every word anyone said to him and just getting by enough to graduate so he didn't have to stay in this school a second longer than he had to. Okay, he'd taken a few notes and spoke up every once in a while, but that was about it. I doubt I'll even show up for this presentation tomorrow he thought to himself and laughed out loud.

"Well ladies" he smirked as he purposefully looked over at the only other boy in the room, "I'm bored, this is crap, and your all doing a lovely job without me! So I'll just see you later! I have better things to do than pretend to listen to you lot!" he laughed and stood up to make his way casually out of the room.

Lunging forward, Sophia grabbed Reece's sleeve. "Sit down, jerk. If I have to be here, then so do you! Besides, neither I or Lucy want to be doing all of your work for you, so take a seat and stop throwing that damn paper at me!" she almost shouted. Glancing over to Kee, she gave an embarrassed little smile as she realized that she'd practically forgotten he was there. "Your a quiet one, aren't you?" she asked him as she took a quick glance at the large map he'd drawn.

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-18-2012, 03:40 PM

"Oh right." Lucy muttered rubbing her eyes, as Sophia reminded her about the missing parts of the project. "I'd completely forgotten we had to do that to." She smiled wanly at the other girl. "Sorry about that, I'm getting tired too, and I just really wanna get out of here before it gets very late. I don't want to be caught here after dark." She said with a faint frown as the stories everyone told about the school came to her mind.

They were quickly forgotten however as Reece tried to leave on them. Lucy waited until Sophia had finished yelling at him before adding her two cents. "If you really want to get out of here sooner then I suggest you actually help us some." She snapped as she pushed some of the pens and the paper that Sophia had grabbed towards him. "You know, pull your weight a little." She was pretty annoyed with him at this point. She really had no use for slackers, and just because he didn't care if he did well, didn't give him the right to screw it over for the rest of them. "Even Keeran here has found a way to make himself useful." She said without thinking, then realizing how that sounded turned to him looking embarrassed "I didn't mean that how it sounded..." She started quickly.

Kee had watched the exchange between the two girl and Reece with a small sigh. He wasn't much for conflict, even among his own family it seemed like he was forever the peacemaker. Well that or forgotten and it seemed like they had all done that too.

Kee laughed a little at the look on Lucy's face "It's okay." He said in his typical soft tone, "I know what you meant anyway, no harm done." he brushed off then looked to Sophia to answer her question "I don't really have much to say." He shrugged "And I was concentrating on the map to get it right." He said as he pushed it more towards the table for everyone to see, it was a pretty close replica of the little map considering what he had to work from. "It tuned out okay."

"Now," He said turning his attention on everyone hoping to defuse the situation with Reece a little "I know I'm tired and hungry and I'm sure everyone else is as well, but we really don't have all that much left to do. I'm sure if we all work at it we could get it done pretty quickly." He said as he gave everyone a neutral smile and hoped they would all shut the hell up and stop fighting so they could get this stupid project done and he could go home to his computer.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM

Sophia couldn't help but smile at what Lucy had said. The look of embarrassment on her face was priceless, because everyone knew what she had meant, but she still thought she'd offended Keeran. When he said that he didn't have much to say, Sophia frowned a little. Surely everyone has something to say! she thought to herself. However, when she got a better look at the map he'd been slaving on, her jaw dropped. "Wow! That is absolutely amazing! It's practically identical!" she gushed, completely awe stricken but how much detail Keeran had managed to put into it, considering he only had cheap school markers.

Sophia had been gazing at the map when a thought had hit her. It was like a lead weight in her mind and she couldn't shake it. She wondered if she should mention it to the others, but then she decided that it would just sound like a paranoid posh girl.

There had been stories roaming around the school corridors for years and years; about what happens when the sun goes down. The rumors were all horrific, and all involved parallel worlds where the dead could walk the Earth. Apparently, there had been a boy who'd gotten trapped inside the school and when they found him the next day, he'd been torn apart limb from limb. Shuddering, Sophia sat down in her seat. A sick feeling came over her but she swallowed it back down again. Come on Sophie! Your a sensible, realistic girl, you know the rumors aren't true! she tried to tell herself, but still the feeling of dread stayed.

"Come on guys, we need to get finished before night fall. If we all work together, like Keeran says, we should be done in an hour" she smiled softly at Keeran. It was sweet that he was so keen to diffuse the awkward situation, even though he probably didn't like any of them very much.

Reece sat down with a huff. Why were they all so keen to make him stay!? It's not like he was going to do anything. When Lucy started putting her two cents worth in, he just laughed at her. "Pull my weight? I could pull your weight, Sophia's weight and that dork's weight combined, that doesn't mean I want to! You said it yourself, I'd have to help you, and I don't like any of you enough to help!" he smirked as he said it. It was all an act of course, he did actually like the three he'd been paired with, and he decided that if he wasn't so closed off to the idea of anything new, that he could quite happily make friends with them all. But that wasn't going to happen, simply because he was such an actor. If he let anyone see the better side of him, they'd all think less of him, and no one would respect (or fear) him anymore.

Looking at the map that Keeran had drawn, he was very impressed. "Not bad for a computer nerd" he chuckled and then looked away to hide the fact that he grimaced at himself for being such an arse. "Right then, I don't want to be here, you don't want to be here and they'll be locking the school soon, so if we're going to get this done, we might as well get a hurry on" he frowned at how nerdy he sounded.

Reaching over the table, he grabbed some of the card and a blue pen that Lucy had thrown at him and started to write out different facts. He cut them up and then looked up at the rest of them and said "Anyone have any blue tack?" with a smile. When he caught Sophia staring at him with a smirk on her face, he coughed a little and then added "Because if nobody finds me some, I'm going to staple these fact cards to your heads and turn you into the presentation!". He hoped it would throw Sophia off his true colors, but she continued to look at him with a satisfied look in her eyes. "What?" he mouthed at her, without actually saying it out loud. As soon as he did, she looked away.

Last edited by OriginalSin; 04-18-2012 at 09:24 PM..

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-22-2012, 03:25 AM

Lucy looked relieved that Keeran hadn't taken offense to her thoughtless comment, she had been sure he would get mad at her, since she'd lost a lot of friends to her inability to watch her mouth when she was getting tired. "I'm still sorry though." She said still slightly embarrassed. I have this really bad habit of speaking before I think.

Sophia and Reece's commented on the map brought Lucy's attention to it and her eyes went wide in amazement "Oh wow." She said as she looked it over. "That's really well done."

When Reece mentioned getting locked in the school how ever her mood dropped again. "It would be absolutely terrifying to get locked in here. I think I'd have a heart attack or something if we did." The awful stories her grandmother had told her about demons and curses and black magic played out in her mind for a few minutes. They'd been fascinating at the time, but now that she was sitting in the empty school and the sun was going down fast they seemed a lot less fun.

Kee blushed at everyone's reaction to the map. "I just copied the little one. It's no big deal." He shrugged. And just so you can get your insults right next time, it's art geek not computer nerd. I'm an good artist, but only passable with computers." He said as he shot Reece a grin he knew he shouldn't. It was likely to just set the other boy off again but it was the only form of payback he was likely going to get for the insults and snubs he'd be on the receiving end of so far today.

What's the big deal about getting out of her before dark anyway?" He asked as he pulled a package of blue tack out of his back pack and tossed it on the desk for Reece. He noticed that both girls especially seemed to want to get out of here asap, he was starting to think he was missing something. "I mean wouldn't they check the school before locking up? And even if they didn't we all have cell phones we could call someone to let us out. It would suck a bit to have to wait that long but it's not really that huge of a deal is it? Why is that such a scary thought?"

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-27-2012, 11:18 PM

The surprise on Sophia's face as Reece started to actually get on with some work was priceless. She looked like a child who had just began to understand the meaning of Santa Clause.

A shiver ran down Sophia's spine as she watched the light outside dimming more. When she heared Lucy saying that she might have a heart attack if they got locked in the school, she froze a little. The actual idea was terrifying. "I don't know what I'd do if we got locked in here, but I know it wouldn't be pretty" she almost whispered. There was a creak of a floor board outside of the classroom and Sophia froze. "Did anyone else hear that?" she asked the group before realizing that she sounded really silly and paranoid and decided just to shake it off.

When Kee started to ask questions about why they couldn't get locked in the school, Sophia almost laughed. "Are you serious? You don't know about the stories and legends and rumors about this place? Do you actually live in a cave?" she asked. It wasn't supposed to sound quite as mean as it did, so Sophia decided to answer a few of his questions seriously. "Kee, I didn't mean to sound rude, but I have an answer as to why they wont check to make sure nobody is in here at night. They're all too scared to go past the gates, let alone into the actual school. And about the calling for help thing; check your cell. I'm betting all my money on the fact that you, nor anyone else in here, will actually have signal anymore" she said more serious this time. Pulling her cell out of her expensive leather bag, she unlocked the screen and held it up. Sure enough, the screen read 'No Signal Detected'.

See, as soon as the light of day starts to fade outside, the whole area around the school becomes a dead spot. No cell or television signal could be received. That was why there were no houses surrounding the local area.

"Lucy? Reece? Have you checked recently? And more importantly, does anyone want to tell Kee about the school history? Because I literally can't say it without freaking out and shaking all over" she said as the thought struck her that since the signal reception had died, they probably had about half an hour before the gates were locked and the school was closed off for the night.

"Alright smart arse! Your an art geek, not a computer nerd" Reece said with a chuckled. For the first time that night, he actually felt happy. Like he was having fun. Which was a very rare occurrence. Usually, he just moped around pretending to like being alone, after all, people did think he was a rebel, and not many people wanted to ruin their futures just to be his friend, so he mainly went solo.

Reece was more focused on the work in front of him (for once in his life) than the conversation going on around him, so he didn't hear Kee asking about the school. However, when Sophia asked if he lived in a cave, Reece laughed aloud once more. Then he realized why she was asking such silly questions and his mood altered. How can anyone live in this town and go to this school without having heared all the stories? he thought to himself. When Sophia started talking about the cell reception, Reece pulled his phone out of his pocked and showed the screen to Kee. "She's right. We wont get any coverage from now until morning, and I sure as hell don't want to be sticking around until my signal comes back" he frowned.

Looking over at Lucy and Sophia, Reece realized that they were both terrified. "Okay Kee, here's the deal. This place, it's messed up. As soon as it goes dark outside, all kinds of really awful things go on in here. I'm not entirely sure what exactly, all I know is, some poor kid got locked in here, and by the time they found him in the morning, he'd been ripped to shreds. It took forty men, five hours to find all the pieces of him. It was like someone had been playing a game of 'find the body part'" he shuddered as the thought of all that gore and blood and horror filled his mind. "So I ask you, would you want to stick around to find out?" he asked, and then looked over at the girls as he gave an apologetic smile for being so crude.

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-28-2012, 12:37 AM

Kee looked slightly insulted as Sophia picked on him about not knowing the stories "I only just moved here at the start of the year." He reminded her "And I don't exactly have many to hang out with and find out this stuff from. He didn't mean it to sound as bitter as it did, it just sort of slipped out that way.
Not wanting the others to dwell too much on what was said he pulled out his cell and checked it for a signal as well and after pressing a few buttons he laid it down on the table, it to clearly reading no signal. "That's seriously messed up though. I mean what could cause our phones to loose signal like that, and mangle somebody that badly." He was more curious then afraid, because the stories sounded pretty far fetched to him. He was sure they were probably over exaggerated.

Lucy hadn't even bother pulling out her phone she already knew she'd have no reception if the others didn't. She wished she'd realized what time it was earlier, she would have been out of here by now, project or not. She didn't care if they called her a chicken.
She was quick to answer Kee's question though. "My grandma always told me it was demons." She said rubbing her arms as if she was cold. "She told me this story once, I don't know if it's true or not." She shrugged a bit as she continued "She told me about this kid that went to school here. He was a kinda weird, into magic and tarot cards and stuff like that, so no one, not even the teacher wanted anything to do with him. Since the teachers didn't care some the the kids started bulling him. Then one evening just before Christmas break, a lot of people, parents, teachers, students, were here for some sort of Christmas fair or pageant or something like that. A bunch of the guys cornered the kid, beat him up pretty bad and locked him in the basement as a joke. I guess the joke was on them," She said with poor humor "Because the kid really did know magic and somehow managed to summon a demon or maybe it was become a demon himself, my grandma wasn't sure on that part. Anyway the demon went through the school, killing and mangling anyone it came across, a lot of people died, the few that managed to escape tried to tell everyone about it but no one believed them, the official story was it was a pack of wild dogs or something that got into the school and went after everyone. The kid was never found, they say he's still in the school with the demon and that's what kills everyone after dark." Lucy, looking a little pale now, forced a small laugh and looked at Sophia, "I'm sorry, I probably just made things worse with that story."

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-28-2012, 01:18 AM

In a way, Sophia was upset that Kee's phone also had no coverage. Even though she knew that it wouldn't, every part of her had hoped that something might be different and that he would be able to get reception. The look on his face showed that he was slightly insulted by her, but she decided to ignore it and carry on. There were far more important things going on right now, and she hoped that he understood that she hadn't meant to offend him.

As Sophia sat and listened to Lucy's telling of her grandmother's story, her body began to shake. She was getting more and more afraid as every second went by, and by now, she was as pale as a sheet and she had little bumps all over her skin showing her fear quite clearly to the rest of the group. "Look guys, I know we have this project to finish, but maybe we could all go back to my place and finish it off? I don't have many supplies, but it's a damn sight safer than hanging around here?" she said, and it came out very shaky and quite. Clearing her throat, Sophia stood up and grabbed her bag off the floor. She stood and waited for the others to answer, but just as she thought they might get out of here before the caretaker came to lock up, she heard it. A very loud, very distinctive noise. And as she realized what it was, her whole body froze.

Click, click, click... "No. This cannot be happening!" she almost shouted as she looked around for the expressions of the others. He was locking the doors! That stupid old man who cleaned the floors and toilets of the school was locking the large, solid wood doors; their only way out.

Quickly, and very purposefully, Sophia walked over and locked the door to the classroom. As she did, she looked at the clock on the wall above it. The time was 8.35PM. "Guys, what do we do now?" she whispered in a very hushed tone.

Reece had been listening to Lucy tell the story of what happened in the school, and the hair was raised on the back of his neck. True, he was very scarcely frightened of anyone or anything, but he had heared pretty much the same story from his grandmother as Lucy had. Hearing it said out loud, he realized how scared he actually was.

"Yeah, my grandma told me the exact same story. Though she did tell me something else as well. She said that all the people who died became sort of like slaves to the demon guy. She said that as soon as he woke up, they all woke up too and the school was overrun by dead zombie like folk, looking for revenge in any way they could. I think that's what freaked me out the most about it to be honest, the fact that so many people died, and every single one of them comes back to life at night" he said, as it was obvious by the look on his face that he was trying to act cool and calm about it. It was just a shame that he wasn't doing a very good job at it, and the fear was seeping through every attempt to look cool.

When Sophia mentioned them all going back to her place, Reece felt quite annoyed. Why the hell didn't she mention that BEFORE we almost got locked in? he fumed to himself. But just as quickly as the thought came, it was snatched away by the distinctive sound of the doors being locked. The color drained from his face and suddenly he was on his feet. "What the hell?" he shouted and looked around at the others for confirmation that he actually heared it.

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-28-2012, 01:43 AM

"I've never heard that part but I'd believe it." Lucy said a bit shakily "My grandma took me here once at night, we didn't get out of the car, or anything but you could hear all kinds of weird sounds and see strange shadows. I had nightmares for weeks." She admitted.
When Sophia suggested they head to her place Lucy nodded eagerly "That sounds like a great idea. She said, as she grabbed her backpack. She'd completely frighted herself with the memories and wanted to get out of the school more then anything now. "I'm sure we can make due with whatever you..." She trailed off as she heard the tell tale sounds of the locks. "Was that... the doors being locked?" She asked shakily, already knowing the answer but hoping that someone would tell her it wasn't.

Kee didn't look all that impressed with the stories. As the other three started to panic he remained calm. "Demons and zombies aren't real." He scoffed "You're grandmothers just told you that stuff to scare you. What we should do is finish off our project, and maybe check the cafeteria and see if they have any food. If we don't come home soon I'm sure someone will come looking for us. Our parents will miss us eventually." In his opinion most towns had some kind of story like that meant to scar people away from places they shouldn't be anyway.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-28-2012, 02:12 AM

Sophia looked back to Lucy as she asked the question that she herself had been dying to ask. Very shakily, she began to nod her head in answer to it, and she noticed the look of fear on both Lucy and Reece's face. "Yes. Yes it was" she said, and he eyes filled with tears. "Wh-what do we do now?" she asked, hoping, praying that someone had an answer for her.

Kee's ignorance completely sent her off the rails. "Are you crazy? Even when our parents do realize we're gone, I can promise you now that none of them love us enough to come into this school and save our arses! And no matter what they try to do; get the police involved, or anything, nobody else is going to come in here for us! And even if they wanted to, they'd have a very hard job of getting through the three, not one, or two, but THREE triple bolted cast iron gates. Then there's the doors! Steel enforced and bolted solid wood doors! YOU TRY BREAKING US OUT OF HERE! They'll be scraping us off the floors come sunrise!" she was almost screaming in hysterics by the end of her rant.

Sophia had not been in America for a massive amount of time. Four years to be exact. And before this, she lived in Yorkshire in England in a huge country mansion. She knew everything there was to know about locking mechanism and bolts and how extremely impossible they were to break into; or break out of as the case was right now. Even though she hadn't been in the country all her life, Sophia knew the stories and she knew that they were true. She's spent hours upon hours searching the Internet for any kind of truth to the legends when she had first found out about them, and needless to say, there was more than enough proof.

"Shut the hell up Kee. I'm serious. I know I've been a particular arse to you, but come on! You said it yourself, you haven't been here very long. You have no idea what's going on in here at night. I'm really sorry, and I know I'm being horrible, but you really ought to be more afraid than that" Reece shot the remark at Kee, not actually minding that it was horrible, and not particularly caring that both himself and Sophia were attacking him.

Reece was watching the others very closely. He had no idea what to do, and he would be the first to admit it too. Behind his 'bad boy' facade, he was just a normal guy. And he was scared silly.

The screams started one by one. Very quite at first, then louder and louder as the seconds ticked by. Soon enough, the whole school was racked with about forty different pitches and tones of voices, all screaming out for salvation. The noise was unbearable, and Reece and Sophia were covering their ears. Sophia was crying, wildly and uncontrollably. Mainly because she was scared, but also because she felt helpless, and then there was her family. She was the first to admit that their relationship was on and off, and most of the time, it was off, as her parents were usually out of town on bussiness... But still, she loved them.

"EXPLAIN THAT KEE!" she had to really strain her voice over the top of all the screaming, but she knew he had heared her. Looking to Lucy, Sophia hoped that she had some kind of idea. Her grandmother had told her so many stories about this place, maybe one of them was on how to escape, or how to survive. All she could do was hope.

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-30-2012, 05:56 PM

Lucy paid no attention as both Sophia and Reece yelled at Keeran, he was being stupid and deserved it anyway. Did he really think they'd all be this afraid of a fairy tale? She was too busy running stories through her head trying to figure out what they should do now.

She knew without a doubt that Sophia was right and no one would come for them, she was very close to her grandmother and she had bluntly told Lucy if she ever got locked in the school she was on her own.

When the screaming started Lucy's head jerked up from the desk she'd been staring at. She was pale and shaking, her breathing coming in frightened gasps as noise grew louder and louder."Oh god, what do I do, what do I do..." Her thoughts ran in frightened circles.

Kee sat passively as Sophia and then Reece yelled at him. He'd expected something of the sort actually. They were pretty scared, and were just taking it out on him because he wasn't.

He waited until they had finished their rants then started to speak "I know you guys think..." Whatever he was going to say was lost to the first screams. As they grew louder and louder Kee looked more and more frighted until he was practically cowering in his chair with his hands over his ears.

In all honesty Kee considered himself something of a coward. He didn't watch horror movies, didn't like scary video games and the thought of anything supernatural left him shaking so this was nearly more then he could handle.

He heard Sophia's dig at him but he barely registered it as he looked at the other three desperately wishing one of the would somehow make it stop.

As the others looked at her Lucy froze for a second, with a deer in headlights sort of look. Suddenly she jumped to her feet with enough force to knock her chair over "The lights..." She gasped running over to the switch and shutting them off.

She pressed her back to the wall as she turned around and looked at the three teens through the growing darkness of the room "It won't stop them from finding us," She said shakily "But it'll buy us some time till we can figure out what else to do.

OriginalSin
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2012, 09:26 AM

By the time Lucy took it into her hands and made the first move, Sophia had taken to the floor and was now clutching her knees in front of her as she rocked back and forth and tried to forget the screaming all around her. She had noticed the look of terror on Kee's face and had instantly felt bad for being such a bitch to him, but there was no time for apologies.

When the lights were flicked off, Sophia began to struggle for breath. She hated the dark, ever since she was a little girl. It was her mother and fathers faults more than anyone else's, as they used to send her up to bed and turn out the lights without so much as a "Goodnight"... And then they'd start arguing. Shouting and hurling profanities at one and other until the sun came up.

Struggling to regain a solid breathing pattern, Sophia looked to the others for some kind of reassurance, but the looks on their faces all said the same thing... The darkness of the room would buy them time, but they would be found eventually, and when they were, not one of them would make it out alive.

"Barricade the doors, chairs and tables, and this desk must weight more than all of us combined, it's solid wood, my dad has one just like it, and it took 6 men just to lift it" Sophia whispered; it was hardly audible over the screaming, but she knew they had heard her because as soon as she said it, Reece stood up and started moving all the tables and chairs quickly, but quietly, across the room and putting them in front of the door.

Reece had been sitting staring out of the windows for about 5 minutes before Lucy turned out the lights. He'd never minded the dark much, but this was a whole different ball game. This was no ordinary darkness. They were trapped in a haunted school, within which they all knew they would probably meet their fate. As soon as the lights went out, Reece went into survival mode, and before Sophia even said they should move all the furniture to block the door, he had been thinking it. It just took that extra boost of her saying it to make him stand up and start to haul tables and chairs into a position in front of the only entrance or exit to the room.

Noticing Kee, sitting looking very very afraid, Reece decided he should probably help the poor lad. He stopped what he was doing, walked over and placed his hand protectively on Kee's shoulder. "You okay pal? You look a little pale" he said, trying to make it humerous, because in actual fact, they were all a little too pale. "Trust me when I say, that if we stick together and really think this through, we'll make it home tomorrow morning" he smiled, and tried to hide the dread in his mind from the others.

Reece looked over to Lucy. He knew that she was probably the best equipped to handle this situation, as her grandmother had obviously been very into the stories of this place. "You need to tell us everything you know Lucy. We have a better chance of surviving this if we know all there is to know about the legends" he whispered to her. Well, it was louder than a whisper, but a lot more quiet than actually talking outloud.

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-17-2012, 07:34 AM

Kee, who had been lost in his own fear, jumped badly as he felt the touch on his shoulder. He looked up at Reece, his eyes wide with fear, not even catching the joke in the other boy's words. "Can we really do that? Make it out of here I mean?" He asked then looked to Lucy when Reece did with a desperate sort of hope that she would tell them something good.

Lucy struggled to remember anything she'd ever been told about this place and the creatures that lived in it, but it was so hard to concentrate around the screaming and her own fear.

"I can't think." She snapped, placing shaking hands over her ears "I wish this damn screaming would just stop..." Then almost as if her words were a command all sounds stopped and for a few moments there was a silence that was worse then the screaming had been.

"Well I guess that helps a little." She laughed weakly, her voice shaking as she spoke just loud enough to be heard. "I can't remember much... but I'll try. The zombies it's not like in the video games, taking out the head does nothing... if you fight them, try to break bones, legs, arms, backs, anything that might slow them down, and you're not gonna turn into one, well unless they kill you in here I guess."

She hugged herself as she spoke, she didn't want to think of this, didn't want to remember the awful stories, but if they were gonna get out of here she knew she had no choice. "If a place gets cold, like really cold then there's a ghost around. They can't actually hurt you but they can mess with your head, make you think you see things and hear things, make you turn against everyone, make you too afraid to move. If one of them shows up you need to get out of there because something worse is going to be right behind it." She stopped to think for a minute the silence becoming heavy.

When she realized this she continued quickly "If you ever smell sulfur or hear growling then run as fast as you can because that means the demon itself is around and you can't hide from him, he will find you." Lucy's eyes were closed as she tried to remember everything they could use to help themselves. "Don't completely lock yourself in anywhere, you need to be able to run if it comes to that, always have a second way out, or keep on the move... and above all stay out of the basement because that's where the demon's power is."

Lucy opened her eyes and looked around at the others "T... that's all I can remember right now, I hope it's enough." She moved to drop her arms to her sides and stopped as her hand slid over her wrist, she stared down at the beaded bracelet there for a second then pulled it off and headed over to the desk where Kee still sat and Reece stood. She picked up the scissors they had been using earlier and cut the string on the bracelet and carefully pulled the black and white beads off it making four piles. "I don't know if it'll help much, but these beads are made of Onyx and Quartz, my grandma said that they'll protect against evil." She pushed a pile each towards Reece and Kee, shoved another pile in her pocket and took the last pile and went to Lucy and crouched in front of her holding the beads out "It's OK." Lucy said to her "We'll be alright, others have made it out of here before and so will we."

Lucy's words did little to comfort him as he took the beads she'd left for him and clutched them tightly in his hand. With the screaming gone though he was able to pull himself together a little "I'll be OK now." He said partly to Reece and partly to convince himself.

He vowed to himself he wouldn't freeze like that again, everyone else was dealing with this and he could to. "So what should we do?" He asked looking to Reece, since he seemed to be the most in charge. Kee knew he himself wasn't much of a leader and in this situation he didn't even want to try to be.