halfbreedfox
Watch My Eyes

Old 04-09-2010, 07:37 PM

"It is a pleasure to meet you again, Miss Thorn." He bowed before her, long silver hair slipping across his shoulders. He caught the slight whine in her tone, but decided not to comment on it. Instead, he gave a friendly smile (or as friendly a dragon's smile could get), understanding that in his own youth, he didn't enjoy the paperwork that he did when he was in the Dragon Council. Oh, how time flies.

"I'm sure you know I need some documents from you. They're a tad late." As soon as Ynyr had finished his sentence, he noticed the flitting color of Rose race somewhere up stairs and back down again. He stifled a chuckle of amusement as he saw the lady vampire hand over some parchments to her superior. He stepped closer to Alicia Thorn, hands outstretched to receive the papers. "And I see you have finished them perfectly."

The dragon's attention was quickly stolen away with the entrance of a boisterous human male. He narrowed his eyes and his pupils turned to thin black slits for a second. How the man entered and presented himself was quite rude, without so much as an introduction or greeting, other than the very informal call to Dr. Burk. He listened to Dr. Del and her comments, always the woman trying to amuse others, and then listened to Dr. Burk's introduction of the man called Sheridan Tote.

"I agree with Dr. Burk. Anything can be accomplished with the correct paperwork." Ynyr's tone was academic, if perhaps a bit cold. "So, Dr.Grivear, submit a hypothesis, some modes of experimentation and resources, and I will see what can be done." Needless to say, the elder silver dragon didn't take too kindly to the strange human Sheridan.

Gitana Nova
Gitana
Send a message via AIM to Gitana Nova

Old 04-09-2010, 09:02 PM

Oh the smile that graced Alicia's lips was a happy one indeed. She may not be close to even being as successful as her predecessors, but she tried. Alicia was probably the only one, as of far, that actually wanted their council to have a bit of fun while doing work. And usually, fun did not include doing paperwork. "I owe you one." She gave her a small, grateful wink. Up until now, one couldn't really here the small accent when she spoke in the English language, but the blasted tone always came out at the most random of times, preferably when she felt grateful about something.

As she handed the papers to Ynyr, a quite irritable sigh passed her lips as another human walked into the room, in a manner that seemed to cause almost everyone in the room to become slightly disturbed or irritated.
"Mister Tote is it possible for you to knock first before entering a room?" The vampire asked, merely glancing at the human with an uncaring expression. Alicia was a mother of five who had to raise her kin around her werewolf brother and his pack, this woman was all too used to having men burst into rooms unannounced. She turned her attention back to the Dragon, a delicate smile on her lips. "Don't mind him, Wasylidrac. And please, excuse me for not turning in the work on time." Well, it seemed the woman had a bit of a habit on calling people by their last names. She handed the pile of papers over to him that, yes, were written by hand. Honestly, the last time Alicia tried to use any technology it was flown out the window by the irritated vampire. Cellphones was probably the only thing she knew how to successfully use, but after being separated by most of her family, she never touches the small device that was currently sitting, collecting dust, on an end table beside her bed.

She turned her attention to the werewolf, having caught the question about the third in command, the smile still on her lips. "I'm afraid I do not know where he is. The last time I spoke, he was off to France on some mission. But I do have your paperwork, he actually finished them before he left, he just never turned it in." Sound familiar? Alicia walked over to a cabinet in the room and opened up a drawer, taking out some official looking papers that seemed to have collected a small amount of dust. She blew and wiped the dust off before handing the papers to the doll on her shoulder. The doll from the woman's shoulder and landed on top of the table, it walked without any trouble, even with the sheets of paper on its hands.
"Madame." It spoke as it walked up to Dellius.

When the human Reginald's eyes narrowed and were directed to Rose and herself, Alicia fought back the urge to roll her eyes. Rose was the main culprit, council-wise, when dead humans were found, drained of their blood. Alicia had taken an oath as to never drink the blood of a human, or even bite a human, unless she was giving them the gift, or curse, of immortal life. Eden was the last person she had bitten, and now the girl seemed to live in a much more happier lifestyle, compared as to how she use to live anyways. The woman would have said something against Sidel's clear accusation, but she not mutter a word, merely casting him a look that he was looking at the wrong people.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 04-09-2010, 10:39 PM

Sheridan tensed as he realized who was at this meeting. Looking around, he recognized the First in command of the High Council and cringed. He glared at the werewolf and her suggested words, then at who he thought was the First in Command of the Vampire Council, his glower deepening. Guess I am at the wrong party....But like hell if I'll let these... snobs know. He looked over to Reggie, a name he used on the doctor as a teasing demeanor and frowned- something he did a lot of apparently- and then back to the head Vampire chick.

"Why would I knock on a door that is open... for a meeting that hasn't started?"
Sheridan looked around, taking his feet off the table and pushing his glasses back over his eyes, as better to stare at these people. He usually did business with the lower downs, secondary members and such. But obviously he was now stuck in the presence of the beings most wanted dead from his various employers. Not like he'd dirty his hands with that kind of business. Sighing, he leaned back, enduring the inevitable, so to say. "And don't call me Mr. Tote...."

Gitana Nova
Gitana

Old 04-09-2010, 11:23 PM

Was that a hiss that passed the lovely woman's lips? Oh yes, yes it was. Humans this century just seemed to irritate her, or was it just humans that knew of the councils? Probably the latter. Running a hand through her hair, she took a moment to calm herself before speaking. She probably would have snapped at him in her mother tongue. "The meeting may not have commenced as of yet, but that gives you no right to just burst into the room like you did, Mr. Tote?" Well, the woman was clearly not happy, especially since her accent thickened as she spoke. Maybe Alicia needed a drink, or she was just irritable after walking from a nap? Who really knew? Sometimes, women were just women. Not one singular person could really understand them. The doll on the table merely sighed, almost knowing for a fact that something bad was going to happen that night. Whether it involved Alicia or not, something was to happen, and she did not like the feeling.

Last edited by Gitana Nova; 04-10-2010 at 01:08 AM..

PhoenixIllusion
The Shadow King

Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 AM

"Aw, paperwork... Well, I have nothing against it and I'm pretty good, so okay~!" She giggled, smiling wickedly at Sheridan's glare. "Well then, MR. TOTE," She said his last name just to piss him off, and emphasized such. "Nice to meet you."

Her expression returned to it's business like one when the papers were presented. "Thanks, hun. But why France? Oddly particular." She looked as if she were about to say more before she was interrupted by a high pitched squeal.

"DRAAAAAAAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGOOOOOOGOOOOOOONNNNN NNNY YIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYIIIIINNNNNNN~~~!!!!!!!!"

Oh god, was that Ynyr's unfortunate pet name? Yes, yes it was, as a boy who barely qualified as an adult burst through the doors, only to stop feet from the High Councilor, utter a loud "Oops!" and dash back out, closing the door and knocking this time. After a moment, he repeated his war cry and dashed towards the dragon, attempting a flying glomp, as he called it. However, since the dragon had warning and practice in advance, would easily be able to side step it.

Another knock followed after the strange man, and a woman who put Rose to shame when it came to beauty and grace glided in, amber eyes set in a softly rounded face half lidded, long lashes smudging against her cheeks every time she blinked. Her short purple hair was pulled up in a small bun on the right side of her head, loose locks braided and pinned around it in an artful manner. She was only about half an inch taller than Rose without her gold heels, and was dressed in a gold silk blouse and white pencil skirt with a brown denim jacket that had white fur lining. She looked extremely irritated with the man who caused such a ruckus, and rolled her eyes gently.

The man, on the other hand, had wispy green hair that reached the base of his neck, with pale skin and bright, playful pale green hues alight with mischief. He wore a white shirt unbuttoned at the top and a light blue suit jacket open, black baggy jeans hiding all but the tips of his green converses. He grinned widely, looking for all the world like a very bad case of ADD. One would hardly believe that this was the High Council's second in command, Gabriel Ios Arcengeal. The woman, however, was more believable as the Council's Third, Lady Levi Ath Hann.

"I'm sorry, Lord Ynyr. He insisted on coming and then pulled rank on me when I refused." Levi said, soft naturally red lips pursed in irritation as she gracefully placed down a black briefcase on the table. "I decided that, while I was dragged along anyway, to get business done as well so the entire venture would not be COMPLETELY pointless." And so she opened the case, revealing...

More paperwork for Alice to do. Levi looked at Alice with a raised brow.

"This would be so much easier on you, Lady Alice, if you used a computer."

Last edited by PhoenixIllusion; 04-10-2010 at 01:14 AM..

Rising_Violet
Intrinsically Meek
Send a message via AIM to Rising_Violet

Old 04-10-2010, 01:20 AM

Hearing verification from Alicia that the third in command was indeed missing caused Reggie to worry just a bit. It wasn't unusual to lose track of a vampire on occasion, but it just didn't seem to settle right with him. He saw Sheridan's body posture and expression change when the other human realized just who he was in the room with and shook his head, pushing the glasses further up his own nose. Go figure the only two humans both wore glasses, a sign of their mortality. Burk chanced a glance back at Alicia just as she gave him that look that he had the wrong people and merely shrugged with an apologetic smile.

Oh and then Alicia had to challenge Sheridan. Time for Reginald to do what he did best and try to redirect the conversation, so he leaned his elbows onto the table and jumped into the conversation before Sheridan could pitch a fit about Alicia's choice in pronouns. "Miss Thorn, seeing as it seems that the paperwork situation as been sorted out, I was wondering if we could sit and talk for a bit. Of course I will end up bringing up several 'unexplained' murder cases as usual.. But I would rather not argue over the levels of respect one shows merely for addressing someone by the name they prefer. " Another tired smile, "Perhaps I should take Miss Whitmore's offer of a drink, but rather buy a few bottles for all of us around the table to help everyone relax." Since when did Reggie get outspoken? When 29 years felt like 60. Also, it was fun to tease.

But that didn't work out so well, Mr. Burk heard an awful shriek come from the hallway and sighed heavily, pulling his face into the palm of his hand. Yes, the unpredictable always happened whenever he arrived at any of the Councils. However, he was glad that it seemed he wouldn't have to run from one council to another all night, this time they all decided to come to him. He still wasn't happy. So with a heavy sigh, he crossed his arms over the table and laid his chin on his forearms. Tired, sky-blue eyes watched the proceedings, waiting to see when they would take note of the weak human once again. He was also hoping that Syn wasn't going to get into a fight with anyone, namely Dellius.

~~~~~~~

Now in a house quite a ways away from the Vampire Council building was a rather young looking girl who suddenly gave a start and sat up in bed. Well it was more than a simple start, she sat up screaming and holding her head. Until she realized she was awake, she shut her mouth quickly and looked around the room in bewilderment before taking a deep breath and stepping out of bed. She was wearing a dark purple nightie that was surely designed by Alicia, seeing as it was just barely long enough to be considered modest. "Miss Rosa?" She was greeted with silence and glanced out of her window to see the moon shining through it. How picturesque. "...She must be with Mama Alice.." She took a deep breath before leaving her bedroom to walk down the hallway to another bedroom not so far away, she hesitated before knocking on Evelyn's door. "She could be busy, Eden, you should go sit in the kitchen instead if you can not sleep." The girl shook her head and hugged her shoulders, trying to silence one of the many voices in her mind. They didn't speak to her as much as they used to, but they were still unnerving. "It was just a stupid dream." Again Eden shook her head, and closed her green eyes tightly. "No it wasn't!" She covered her mouth as soon as she blurted out loud, how long had it been since she responded out loud to one of them? "...Evelyn..? ..Are you awake?"

Even though Eden had been a vampire for several years now, sometimes it was hard to get out of the habit of sleeping at night, especially when there was more to do during the day.

Gitana Nova
Gitana

Old 04-10-2010, 02:27 AM

Alicia covered her ears when the painfully loud squeal broke through the room, her green eyes narrowed in anger. She said nothing as her ears finished ringing, using the table for a bit of support. The woman's patience was slowly running thin. She glanced over at the two that had now entered the room, clearly forcing a smile on her lips as she eyed the green-haired man. "Hello Mr. Arcengeal." Her smile became less forced when she turned to the woman. "And a good evening to you, Miss Hann." Alicia looked away and leaned against a chair as her pale hands delicately rubbed her temples, the voices of both Reginald and Levi were muffled as she tried to concentrate on something other than the people in the room. The ball-jointed walked back to her creator, a concerned look on its painted face. The woman said nothing as she took quiet breaths, but that didn't stop the doll. "Master Reginald, I think it's going to take more than a few drinks to help Mama Alice." The toy gave a soft giggle, which caused Alicia to sigh loudly. She took a moment to collect herself, knowing if this continued, she would probably go into hysteria. She hated paperwork that much. "You're not the first one to tell me that, Levi." She responded to the third in command of the High council, her spirit quiet dampened. Alicia took a seat in the chair she had leaned on and did indeed took notice of the human, laying her forehead on the end of the table, muttering quietly in German.

- - - - -

Evelyn was looking out her opened window, seated on the sill, when she heard a scream emit from Eden's room. Normally, one would jumped up and run to her room to see if she was alright, but this vampire knew why the scream occurred. "Sounds like another bad dream." She muttered as she glanced at the direction the woman's bedroom would be. She heard someone scoff, which made her eyes narrow. "I don't see why we still keep her around..." An angered ball-jointed doll spoke. The green eyed woman glared at the red-headed toy, standing up. "And I still don't understand why Mother keeps you around." She snapped back, but quieted down when she heard a knock on her door. Evelyn stood up and began to walk towards her door, hearing once again the girl blurt aloud, probably responding to one of the voices. The vampire opened the door at the question if she was awake, her smile was a soft one as her eyes feel upon the other brunette. "Yes, I'm awake. Couldn't sleep?" She asked in a quiet manner as she opened her door wider, "Come on in." Evelyn cast a glanced at Raven, who said in irritation and disappeared into the shadows, into a different part of the house.

Last edited by Gitana Nova; 04-10-2010 at 05:13 AM..

Azu-nyan
I am hiding in your closet...

Old 04-10-2010, 02:36 AM

The slightest narrowing of her eyes was all that showed of the annoyance that Rose was feeling. Stifling the urge to roll her eyes at the circus that this council meeting had become, she leaned closer to Alice until her lips were almost touching the woman's ear.
"No, at the moment we don't have a Third in Command, anymore." One of Rose's talents was her ability to sense humans and other species around her, as soon as she had entered the mansion, she had known the Third in Command was dead. She didn't really have any feelings worth revealing about this news, as she hadn't really known him but she was interested in who they were going to bring in to replace the unfortunate bastard. Settling back, she clasped her hands in front of her, watching the shenanigans with amusement glittering in her eyes. She thought the little fallen angel was cute, however, she could not same the same of the demon.

"Oh, I almost forgot."
Pulling a stack of folded papers from her bodice, she walked towards Ynyr. "This is for you Ynyr." She smiled at the dragon, smoothing her skirt into place, looking the ever presentable lady. "I believe this should put all my recent....meals, in order."

Last edited by Azu-nyan; 04-10-2010 at 02:43 AM..

halfbreedfox
Watch My Eyes

Old 04-10-2010, 05:06 AM

Ynyr tensed like a cat about to be thrown into water when he heard an unmistakable cry of glee. He thanked his own mentors when he was young, instilling manners in himself, and as a result, into Gabriel, for he forgot to knock. The kind boy corrected himself, and ran back to the door. The second run around, the dragon took a clever side step right as the angel was flying into the air. He felt a little bad when he heard the loud thud, but decided that it was what the boy should have expected; as a bonus, he saved his papers. He smiled playfully at Gabriel, and then turned his attention to the Third in Command, Levi.

"It is all right, Miss Hann. This will be a good learning experience for Mister Arcengeal." He cocked his head to the side at the case full of even more parchments. He was now beginning to feel pity for the female vampire; and here he thought she had finally caught up with everything. Business is never really over, he supposed.

Ynyr was taken aback a bit when Rose came up to him. He raised one silver eyebrow at here, and then understood as soon as she spoke. "Thank you, Miss Whitmore. I wasn't expecting this from you for a while longer." He gratefully took the folded paper from her, and placed it on top of what he already had. "Your hunger is quite strong, is it not?" The dragon wasn't expecting an answer, knowing that is was a bit more personal than was proper. So he turned on his heel and approached his Third in Command. "Could you keep a hold of these for me, Miss Hann? I didn't plan on actually receiving work when I arrived."

Finally getting all the immediate and urgent business taken care of, Ynyr could finally respond to Reginald's proposition. "You have a wonderful idea Dr. Burkowitz." He felt how tense the air was, knowing that he added to it, and wishing to just ease the good doctor's mind and soul, joined in supporting the man. Dr. Burk only wanted to do good, after all. "Did you bring some refreshments with you, sir?"

PhoenixIllusion
The Shadow King

Old 04-10-2010, 05:29 AM

"OOMPH! Owie~!!" The cry was almost heart breaking, but no one was moved by its sound. He quickly got himself up, though, and waved to the others. Dellius rose a brow but smirked lightly, waving back before standing. "I heard that, Rosie." He expression was deadly serious. "The Third is dead? This is important, hun. Well, in OUR council it is. I'm not sure how you run things."

Levi, on the other hand, while interested in the case of the Vampire Third's apparent death, took the papers from Rose and began reading through them. She paused at a particular one.

"Lady... Ah, whatever your name is. Was it Lily? Regardless... These 'meals' you had drained- I believe it was widely agreed that vampires are forbidden to drain humans dry. Despite your claim of them attacking you and draining him in retaliation... Countless times you have broken this law, ma'am." She stated, eyes cold as she stared into Rose's. She did not break the gaze, and if one were to be between the two women they would feel as if they were in a frozen tundra.

"Did I not warn you that this would come with consequences, innocent or no? Unless someone was lying about her figure, just a couple of pints would have been able to sate you. Clearly, action must be taken now. Lady Alice," She turned to the dark lady, finally breaking eye contact with Rose and looking almost apologetic. "I'm afraid I will have to bring in more paperwork on this tomorrow."

Dellius was snickering now, if not silently. Gabriel looked rather lost, so instead decided to brighten up the room. "Heeey! Why are your dolls so creepy and how do they work? Cause dolls I thought are, yunknow, soulless and stuff!"

Rising_Violet
Intrinsically Meek

Old 04-10-2010, 05:51 AM

He glanced up when Rosa addressed him, smiling slightly. He always found the ball-jointed dolls a curiosity, for he didn't see them as simply living dolls but as intellectual individuals. For too long he had pondered the science about all of the creatures currently in the room with him, but eventually he gave up trying to find any scientific reasoning to it. In the end Reginald supposed that all of these beings were beyond science, after all at least vampires had some sort of metabolism. The doll, Rosa, right in front of him not only lacked a heartbeat or need to breath but he also lacked a metabolism.. at least the blasted vampires had a metabolism. "It might break the bank to help Alicia." He sat up again, looking at the woman that looked like she was on the verge of a stress-induced breakdown. "Is that old German that you're speaking? I'm afraid I don't recognize the dialect.." But of course Reggie would know German just to annoy Alice even further. Actually he had taken several languages, finding Latin particularly useful for his job at times.

Then he caught the tail-end of Rose's sentence and adopted a very cross expression as he looked at Ynyr and the paperwork that was was being transferred from his hand to the hands of Miss Hann. He would have opened his mouth but first Ynyr brought up Reginald's offer about the drinks, which caught him off guard. "It was a jest in truth, but I may have a few bottles hidden away in my jeep.." Why would he have them in his jeep? Well he wasn't going to tell the troup that he confiscated them from his more disobedient son, he still preferred to keep his family affairs a secret. Then Miss Hann spoke up, drawing Reginald's attention to his suspicions.

However instead of looking angry he merely leaned his elbow on the table and rested his cheek on it, eyebrows raised as he listened to the account and Hann's opinion on the matter. "It was also my impression that the death of humans, even for the sake of satiating vampiric thirst, was agreed to be illegal. This was my initial reason for coming here tonight, there has been a rise in missing youth, and while the homeless are generally paid no attention to.. There is a problem, several people are starting to notice that the homeless are missing these days and have not been found in any sort of shelter or program that would benefit them." He turned to the doll Rosa, his tone changing from business-like to friendly. "You have permission to go into my jeep to find those bottles of liquor if you like... However I'm not telling you or asking you to do that, just merely stating.." He smiled at her, he rather liked the dolls.. or at least this one.

And then Gabriel spoke up, in his energetic and child-like manner. Mr Burk looked at the High Council member and blinked. "I think I've just lost my train of thought..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eden actually gave a start when the door opened to reveal Evelyn, but she smiled, albiet in a most bashful and apologetic manner. She opened her mouth to speak, but was welcomed inside, so instead she hesitated before walking over the threshhold of the door. Once she was in the safety of Evelyn's room, Eden actually turned around seeming quite frustrated. "The dreams keep me awake, Evelyn! I'm afraid to sleep and it's always a different dream but I'm always being chased.. Sometimes it's him and sometimes it's no one I know.." The girl had been pacing and now her eyes started to tear up as she looked up at whom was essentially her sister. "This time Alice and Andrew were going to kill me!"

On the verge of break into tears, Eden was doing her best not to break into hysteria. She knew that the dream couldn't possibly be real, her fears that Alice would one day turn against her had been long assuaged. And she knew that Andrew, her brother, couldn't kill a soul. Yet it was rare that she ever talked about Andrew, he was no big secret but he also wasn't someone she took particular notice in. He grew up with her angelic father just because he showed more promise as an Angel than Eden had. Not only that but his face and first name always changed whenever he was reincarnated.

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 04-10-2010, 06:12 AM

Growling softly at the cursed bickering and complaining that most Council members had a knack of constantly referring to in conversation, Syn sighed at 'Dr. Burks' suggestion of some drinks that would loosen everyone up. He personally didn't need any, having a flask stuck safely on the inside of his coal-gray overcoat. Ignoring the taunts from the vampire and werewolf both, he moved his thoughts to the supply list that Sik had text to him. He wasn't sure how to get a hold of the titanium cylinder piece, but it was definitely needed...

Hearing a metallic tap on a nearby window, Syn looked over to see the recently mentioned mecha perched in the window, looking very haughtily and imploringly at him. His frown deepened as he pulled out his ever-so-handy iPhone and sent a message to the bot. "Please get out of the damn window before someone sees you, you lump of worthless metal." Adding an evil smiley face at the end, Syn pressed send and smirked leaning back in the chair as Sik disappeared into the bushes. Glancing around, it seemed that everyone was still in conversation he could care less about. Too bad he couldn't leave, but he though it would be specifically rude to walk out, and had endured most of the testy attitude of the Council, so he would stay put.

Albeit he did forget what his ring-tone was set to and glowered at the beastly piece of metal as it sang out a Bob Dylan tune. He set the ringer to vibrate, sighing as he read Sik's text. "You know, a little respect goes a long way, Sheridan. And tell me a again why I have to hide?" Syn rolled his eyes at the completely pointless message and rubbed his temple. "I honestly wouldn't want to share the brilliance of your intricate design, O Great Sik. Now what did you fly your little metal ass over here for?" Leaning back, he closed his eyes, wishing he could pull out his flask, but decided to wait to see if it would be provided for him via Burk's mysterious supply.

Gitana Nova
Gitana

Old 04-10-2010, 08:45 PM

Ah that's right, the Third in command. Alicia almost forgot about that subject, and quite honestly, she still wished she did. Listening closely as to who Rose spoke her sentence, the First in command sighed. "That bloody bastard got himself killed...?" The question wasn't thrown to anyone in particular. "Great... just great." She continued to murmur in an irritated tone as she lifted her head, running her fingers through her different colored locks. Looks like they would have to appoint a new council member soon, having no Third would just mean even more paperwork for Rose and herself, and right now, Alicia did not want anymore paperwork. How was it she was able to juggle council work and the clothing line? Easily. The clothing line was run by Eden, her dolls, and even her daughter while she was absent. When she heard the High council member begin to speak to Rose about the paperwork she had just turned in, Alicia cringed, preparing for the worse. When those amber eyes were turned to her, she nearly shrunk in her seat, almost cursing when she was told more paperwork was to come her way. "Thanks Rose." Her tone was a clear sign she was both annoyed and sarcastic about the thanks.

When she heard the over energetic Gabriel spoke, Alicia's sarcasm seemed to have continued. But mind you, she really didn't mean what she was about to say; Paperwork always brought out her ugly, but yet still pleasant, side. "My dolls? Oh that's an easy answer. I made a deal with the devil, so now every doll I own gets a life of its own." Heavy, heavy sarcasm. The doll that was actually in the room, Rosa, looked at her mother with a solemn expression, knowing that she was probably going to get in trouble for saying that, but a small smile was spread across the toys' painted lips. "That's one way of explaining why Raven is around." Was that suppose to be a joke? Yes, but only a joke that Alicia and anyone who had met the angry, red-headed doll would find amusing. The doll looked back at the gray haired human, the smile still on her lips, as she heard him say she had permission to go into his jeep to get the bottles. "I will be right back then." The toy spoke politely before walking over to her creator and jumping off the table. Now, she would have landed on the woman's shadow, but instead, she fell into the shadow like as if it was a hole on the floor, disappearing in the darkness. Where did she go?

Well, Alicia would have answered that question, but Miss Rosa soon returned, as quickly as she had left, with what seemed a case of bottles. The doll had used the door this time, the case almost seemed like it was floating, but if one payed close attention, one could see streaks of light here and there from the near invisible threads that held the case for the fragile toy. The box settled on the table as the doll climbed her creator's lap, causing Alicia to smile at her, but there was a slight hint of concern. Maybe she should have made Arachne come with her instead, there was an odd feeling in her unbeating heart that the little angel she called a daughter was up and probably looking for the green-eyed doll.

- - - - -

Evelyn saw the slight hesitation in the girl's body before she stepped into her room, closing the door quietly behind the frustrated hybrid. She stood standing, watching Eden speak and pace as she explained what was keeping her up and why. Noticing the tears, the vampire woman walked up to the near-hysterical girl, placing her hands on each side of her face. "Eden, calm yourself. Don't get too worked up about them." She wiped the tears the had fallen. "They won't leave you alone if you get worked up like that. Now." Motioning for her to sit in a chair she had in her room beside a small tea table, Miss Arachne appeared with a silver tray that held an old-fashioned kettle, cups, coasters, and a small sugar bowl filled with sugar cubes. "Have a cup of tea." Evelyn watched as the doll prepared the tea as she took a seat across from the other chair, crossing her legs and appearing as if she was deep in thought, which she was. The dreams heavily bothered both Alicia and herself as well, seeing as the ability of premonition seemed to run in the family. Though her mother's wasn't as strong as hers, she wasn't going to tell her that for the last couple of days, Evelyn has felt an almost ominous presence. The vampire couldn't tell as of yet if it was a harmful or harmless being, but nonetheless, it seemed like it was after Eden. Noticing she had yet to say something, the brunette looked up at the other woman. "You know very well that Mama and Andie would never hurt you, Eden." A sincere smile spread across her lips for a moment before it was replaced by an emotionless demeanor. "But I won't lie to you. I believe we best be on our guard the next couple of days. Something about or someone in the council is making my ability go off more than usual. I haven't talked to Mom about it yet, but seeing as you keep having these dreams of someone killing you, I think it's best to tell her and even contact your brother. Maybe he could help us explain what's going on... Or what's going to happen." The woman took the cup the blue-eyed doll was handing her and took a small sip from the hot liquid. It was scary when one thought about how carefree the woman use to be as a child, having grown into a very serious person. Of course, it all came with her choice of staying a Rogue. Staying a Rogue meant she could keep an eye on Eden while her mother was with the council, which seemed to be more frequent nowadays.

Azu-nyan

Old 04-11-2010, 02:19 AM

Rose clucked her tongue as accusations were thrown her way. Her eyes growing darker by the second, she raised her head, first speaking to Ynyr. "If you thought to check those you will notice that I tend to do my paperwork monthly, which you, Ynyr, have always received punctually and filled out completely."

She turned to the demon. raising her eyebrows slightly. "And I would not have you come into my house and insult me. I rarely drain my victims dry, and I drink only small amounts twice a week. I would try less but unfortunately I cannot not drink blood at the moment. Whatever your name is, bring whatever paperwork you must and I will fill it out." She glared at Burk at the end. "Whatever has to do with those disappearances has nothing to do with me. I am not the only vampire who drinks blood in this city. And I would not be so stupid or so obvious. I would prefer it if next time you entered this house, Burk, you would not throw accusations at me, simply because I am a vampire. This is a joke of a Council meeting, I think I will go have that drink now. You're welcome to join me, Sheridan." She threw a smirk at the other human, before striding out, heels clicking on the stone floor.

Azu-nyan

Old 04-11-2010, 03:59 AM

Rose strode to her room, quickly undressing, pulling off her silk lace dress and heels, as well as her gloves. Searching through the clothes in her dresser, she grabbed a pair of black denim jeans, slipping them on. She also got out a grey shirt with black vest and pulled it over her head. Tugging on mid-calf length black boots, she also grabbed her black leather jacket from her closet and sunglasses from her dresser.

Before she left, she retrieved the head and body of the Third in Command from his room. Now outside, she put the head in Dellius' Lexus on the driver's seat, while leaving his body sprawled on the hood of her car, not really knowing yet that she had left it on the car of the person who had actually killed him.

Rose walked round to the back of the mansion, and rolled her black Ninja motorbike from the shed. She could walk to the bar called 'The Bleeding Valentine' much quicker but she always loved the speed and hum of her bike. Swinging her leg over, she kick-started the bike and grinned when it roared to life.

Rising_Violet
Intrinsically Meek

Old 04-11-2010, 04:16 AM

Reggie watched as both Alice and Rose got worked up. He sighed, it was rather bound to happen, he just wished it hadn't happened so soon. The sound of a Bob Dylan tune became just as distracting as the living dolls, the grey-haired man looked over at Sheridan, raising an eyebrow. He opened his mouth to say something but sshut it again. Rose was rather upset, and who could blame her? What proof had anyone that she was the cause of the missing humans in the city, or that she was draining her victims. With a heavy sigh he cast a glance at Sheridan one that almost said "stay put", but that was merely a habit of raising two sons. Sheridan could go as he pleased, "Excuse me Alice, I seem to have upset your second.. I'll be back in a moment." And with a rather deep breath he scurried after Rose, leaving the room. "Excuse me! Miss Whitmore, if you'll wait a moment!" He was jogging, but he wasn't going to run.. that would get his blood flowing a tad too much for his own liking. However he was met with an empty hallway, and sighed as he usually did. "Vampires..." With that he headed back into the council room, "I actually think that a lady vampire's ability to disappear is rather unfair." Is what he decided to announce to the room.

~~~~~~~~~

Eden felt the cool hands on her cheeks, and took a deep breath and relaxed. Just a few years ago she would have flinched and kept Evelyn from touching her. How much they had both changed in a few years was quite amazing. She let the breath out when Eve motioned at the chair, and sat down, looking down at her lap as she fidgeted. The appearance of Arachne didn't bother the girl, she had grown accustomed to the dolls a long time ago. With a soft sigh, Eden decided not to say anything about the tea, she didn't feel like drinking any but at the same time she didn't want to say that. Surely Evelyn would insist that it would help calm her, or something like that. Yet Arachne handed Eden the tea, and the girl dutifully took the cup, muttering a soft thanks before catching Evelyn's eyes. She dropped her gaze down to the steaming tea. "Yes I know.. But it still makes the dream that much more terrifying.. She looked up to see that the smile was gone and listened attentively, it was hard to imagine that Eden had met Eve as a young child. "You're ability with seeing the future?" Premonitions Eden.." She ignored the masculine voice, and looked down at her tea again. "But.. I don't like to contact Andrew.. Normally he just shows up when he needs to.." The rest of the sentence finally seemed into her thoughts and Eden stood up, setting the tea-cup down with a clatter. "I don't want anything to happen, Evelyn! I would rather it be D'mon come back to terrify me than something from the future!" Eden bit her lip and took a deep breath, trying to calm herself but ended up shaking her head and leaving the table, walking out of Eve's room. Where was she headed in such a hurry? The kitchen, there was much more room to pace and fidget there.

PhoenixIllusion
The Shadow King

Old 04-11-2010, 05:35 AM

Levi raised a brow. "I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that she's lying through her teeth or the fact that she expects someone to be terribly sorry for her. Gabriel doesn't count." She sighed. "We have her on tape from earlier tonight, draining a human homeless child dry. Someone needs to reign her in, or we may need to do a sealing if it has to come to that."

Gabriel, who was oddly silent and staring into space, suddenly spoke up.

"Dellius, I believe she left a 'present' in your car."

"Present, what present!?" She looked like she was about to tear a head off, but Gabriel raised a hand, suddenly serious- Frighteningly so.

"I suggest you don't go look. Mr. Tote, I suggest you take your leave." The way he said it was more of a command, a command that literally warned him to get the fuck out unless he WANTED to die. Apparently he was going to breech some sensitive subjects. As soon as Syn was gone, did a silence spell around the area, keeping those outside and things inside he didn't want to hear anything out. He didn't trust that Syn person. But still, he continued, looking to Alice.

"Lady Alice, she is going completely out of control, not how a council member should conduct herself even IF she's in a petty vindictive rage. I know our councils are less than... Well, we have quite the personality at our meetings, but there is a difference between friendly idiocy and outright abuse of position. She's acting as a turbulent child. Lady Rose must be dealt with, hopefully by yourself and no other council member. And I believe she owes Dellius a new car as well."

He waved a hand and small fairies the size of dolls materialized from the light, hovering around a bit before obeying the silent order to clean up the mess the Second made. He turned to Dellius. "I believe she put the body of the Vampire Third in your car, in a manner that is completely shameful and disgusting to treat the dead," He turned back to Alice. "I can NOT allow this. Pray I do not get involved beyond warnings, my Lady, lest I find myself washing my hands of her blood myself. Disgracing the dead is beyond unforgivable if I find her doing so twice."

At times like this, one was reminded why Gabriel was the high council second. But a threat like that... He was serious. Everyone knew Gabriel avoided violence, but disrespect of the dead was one of the few things that sent him into a cold, calculating rage. Levi was frowning, but said nothing, obviously agreeing with him- Well, perhaps not the disrespect of the dead bit. Then again, she had to act her part as non-demon, right?

"I agree with Gabriel, although I would not be so quick to violence. She is clearly either losing humanity or out right disregarding laws, and we do know what happens to vampires who do so, even if the law was broken once. They are marked for imprisonment or death by the council. At being at the age and position she is in, even if this was the first time she drained a human dry, she can not get off scot free."

"Hold on." At this point, Dellius spoke up. "I'm against the sealing thing. If we sealed her, she would be effectively a prisoner in her own body, not only are her urges and instincts confined but also most of her powers. And not only that, the powers and instincts are often said to create a separate personality every time the seal is undone. Ignoring the fact that she is immortal and will still have the physical assets of a vampire, she will become effectively human. So yeah, no. Besides, she IS the Vampire Second."

"Think of it as a light punishment compared to what we could do." Gabriel stated, eyes half lidded and glaring at the spot Rose was. He looked up and frowned. "And here is the body of the Vampire Third." The doors were opened and the fairies were carrying a coffin, where the corpse lay. "If there are any respects to pay, pay them now and if you must look, do so. I'd like to return his body to earth as soon as possible."

Last edited by PhoenixIllusion; 04-11-2010 at 07:48 AM..

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 04-11-2010, 08:09 AM

Syn rolled his eyes as the drama unfolded. This is why he didn't get involved with council members. They overreacted way too much. And compared to what he'd lived through and done, whatever drama was unfolding now was quite petty to his ears. Grimly smiling, he took his leave as some person he didn't know (not like he knew anyone but Burk from this group) ordered him to leave. He was happy to take that 'request.'

As he reached the door, he saw the Vampire Second leave on her smooth lined beauty of a bike. Sighing, he decided to 'help out' the situation a bit and jumped on his bike, whistling for Sik. "Come on, dufus. We got a biter biker to catch up with." As the metal bird attached himself to Syn's faithful backpack, he kick-started his silver baby and sped off after the vamp, not sure what his intentions were. "Are you crazy?!" Syn could hear the metallic clinging voice in his helmet headset and sighed, gunning the bike to 90 as he sped down the city roads.

"Probably..."

Azu-nyan

Old 04-11-2010, 08:45 AM

Rose rode her bike through the streets, distracted by the thoughts running through her head. She shook her head, anger seething through her body. She was just as embaressed by the scene she had probably created. She breathed deeply, enjoying the fresh night hair as it tangled through her loose hair. She imagined it blowing all the anger from her body and pictured it disappearing in the darkness. This was how she had stopped herself from going completely mad, nearly 150 years ago.

Pulling up to the bar known to locals as The Bloody Valentine. Parking her bike, she ran her fingers through her long black hair, fixing her wind blown locks. Pulling off her glasses, she slipped them into her jacket pocket and strode in.

She surveyed the scene before her eyes, noting the usual few siting in the dark corners. Despite it's dank exterior, the bar was quite popular and welcome to all species, and offered protection to all. Those who came here understand that if they tried attacking anyone, the bartender Cid would kick them out on their asses, with a few hurts of their own. Rose took a seat down the end of the bar, nodding to a few acquaintances. Cid strode over to her, wiping down a glass. "How you doin', darling? You don't look so hot if you don't mind me sayin'."
Rose shrugged. "I'm probably in trouble again, I need to learn to keep my mouth shut and stay calm." She grimaced. "Listen, Cid, have you heard anymore about those disappearances around town? The head of the human council is now looking at me, because I still have the need to drink, and I could really use a lead or something."
"Hm I know there was some suspicious folk in here the other night, but you know me, I don't like askin' questions. I prefer to keep my nose in my own business." Cid replied thoughtfully. "You could always be a barmaid for me." He winked at Rose saucily when she poked her tongue at him.

((Yes I know, I'm lame for using Cid from Final Fantasy but I thought he would be good as a slightly grumpy bartender ^^))

Rising_Violet
Intrinsically Meek

Old 04-11-2010, 07:30 PM

How lucky Reginald was to walk in just as Levi pointed out that they already had a tape of Rose draining a human victim. For a moment, the human's face flushed, then it lost color. But he kept silent, watching the preceedings as he thought about all of the information tha the was being given. As Sheridan left, Reggie nodded to him, and even gave a sly smile. "Don't do anything stupid." When the fairies appeared out of no where, Mr. Burk's expression didn't change, but he also wished that he could have taken a picture for his son Kacie.. If Burky had regained his color, he lost it now at the image he had of a dead vampire sitting behind the wheel of a car.

Death was a part of life as a Council member, but Reginald still couldn't get over the ideals of the human society he lived in where even the life of a rabbit in a lab was important. He opened his mouth to argue about the fact that they were marked for death, yet he just hadn't the chance to get a word in edgewise until Gabriel stated that they would have to pay words of respect. Glancing at Ynyr, who had seemed quiet this whole time, Reginald took a step further into the room. "Wait a minute.. I think that it should be up to Alice and Rose what to do with the body.. or even his family if he has any...." He looked from the coffin, his rather puzzled expression changing as he looked at the unusually serious Gabriel. "I understand your respect for the dead, but I believe that the ladies of the Vampire council would be most suited for dealing with one of their own..." He trailed off, looking at the coffin again. "Where in all of the world did you get that from?!" He had long given up on 'where in the hell' and 'how on earth' around these people.

He had more to say, but he was going to wait, standing there holding his elbows. Well, except for one other thought that popped into mind. "...I've never been able to dispell the myth as to how a vampire is killed.. You said his body was found in the car?" Ah, and here comes his scientific curiosity. There was a spark in his icy-blue eyes, he definitely wanted to take a few samples and test them to see how it was that a nearly immortal being had been killed.

PhoenixIllusion
The Shadow King

Old 04-11-2010, 08:40 PM

Gabriel shook his head. "No, Lady Rose PUT it in there. His body was in the room upstairs originally. And I simply put it in the coffin to keep people from gawking at it- Hopefully funeral arrangements or however vampires proceed with these things will be taken care of soon."

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, looking mildly irate but calming. "The head was severed from the body, if you are so curious. And as for the coffin itself... Well, I'm not quite sure. Faeries do like to keep their secrets." He gave a wry grin at that.

Gitana Nova
Gitana

Old 04-11-2010, 10:08 PM

Ah, the temper of a woman. It was a lovely thing in Alicia's mind, for it always brought hell to many of the male council members and occasionally the women. She watched with an unfazed expression as the dark-haired vampire walked, or stormed, out of the room. The clicking of heels brought back memories of when she herself use to storm out of rooms, when things didn't go her way. It was the change of position that had made the woman more serious about her work, unless it involved paperwork. A small smirk spread across her lips when Reginald tried to scurry after the angered vampires, only to return moments later, fruitless. What he announced as he reentered the room almost made her chuckle, but she never lifted her head to glance at anyone as she stayed staring at her doll. The First in command payed barely any attention to what the high council members had to say, an odd shiver running up her spine as a silence spell was placed around the area; Magic always brought an odd feeling to her skin, and unwelcome memories. When her name was called, the woman looked up at them with dark green eyes.

She took a moment to take everything in, everything that was being spoken. Death, imprisonment, disrespect for the dead, breaking of laws, and lies. Was this the same kind of conversation the council members from before had gotten into when she first arrived at the Vampire council? Alicia was once in between the line of being an Unmarked and Marked Rogue, having the choice of joining the council or die. Well, back then, death seemed the easier solution for the woman. But her odd ability was the reason she was alive now. Honestly, doll manipulators were rare in the vampire race, so she was their toy.
"I will speak to her. Miss Rose does not break any of the rules given to her unless she has a good reason to do so, and seeing as she is one of the few members that actually turn in their paperwork..." She eyed the papers that Levi had glanced at before continuing. "I will speak to my council. I believe a few of our turned Rogues have yet to learn the rules properly." Standing up from her seat, she placed the doll on her shoulder before walking over to an opened window. "I know how to deal with vampires her age, mind you, I had no humanity her age." Was that a smirk that flickered against her pale lips? Oh dear.

Well, the once calm expression and strange smirk that dared break it were gone as soon as the coffin was brought into the room.
"Mr. Arcengeal, I completely respect your decision to bury the fool, but you seem to be forgetting one major detail." Fool? Yes, it seemed vampires that were killed had no more use for their names. She raised her hands, motioning towards herself, the coffin, and piratically the entire building. "We're already dead." The look the spread across her face was one that questioned the high member's vision. "Our respects were long since disregarded. His body will not be buried, but burned." She lowered her hands, placing one on her hip as the other hung loosely at her side. Of course, Alicia rolled her eyes as Reginald spoke, shaking her head lightly. "Vampires can be killed, Reginald. Chop off their head, rip out their heart, even enough blood loose can kill us. It's the same with almost every creature out there." At the word there, she motioned to the outside, meaning the world.

- - - - -

A smile seemed to spread across her lips when Eden set the tea cup down with a clatter, before walking out of the room. "She's getting better." She murmured as Arachne nodded, a pleased look on the doll's face. Evelyn finished her cup and set it down on the tray and followed after the girl, though her steps were slow and graceful, taking her time to get to the kitchen. Her visions would hit her at random, and seeing as was feeling uneasy, she had to be careful. Her premonitions usually caused her body to automatically stop whatever it was doing, so if she would have been walking down the stairs or jumping over the railing to get to the first floor, she would have gotten herself hurt and not just that, but freak out the sensitive girl. But so far, nothing, which both relieved and worried the vampire. Entering the kitchen, Evelyn stayed by the door, leaning against the wall beside it.
"We can't control these events... but we can find ways to alter them."

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 04-12-2010, 01:08 AM

Syn slowed down in front of a pretty rundown building, an 'Open' sign flickering in a slightly cruddy factory sized window. He pulled up beside the Vampire's sleek bike and slid off, pretty graceful and predatory for a human. Smirking he laid the helmet on the seat. "Watch the outside, Sik."

"Oh yeah. And you get to have all the fun. What a slave I am..." The mecha grumbled as Syn checked his wrist knives and the gun at his back. He glared at the metal bird then turned, his long light tan jacket swinging out around him. Looking around, he sighed. 'Like I want to go in there...' Pushing his glasses further on his nose, he flipped them to sunglasses to shade his eyes from view. He'd designed the glasses himself, a better source than the ultraviolet sensitive ones out on the market. His were quickly adaptable and could be changed back and forth from clear to shaded with a touch of the finger. Very useful for after night 'parties' and helped his slightly sun-sensitive eyes.

Pushing his thoughts back to his 'mission' of sorts, he walked to the door and stepped inside. The room was a bit full, all species wandering about, only a few very slimy looking humans present. He stood in the doorway, smirking at the song playing on the stereo. He never did like the country shit. Not like there was anything wrong with them... but that was another issue. Itching his nose, he looked around the room for the Vampire he was seeking. Didn't know her name though... or much what she looked like. 'Fuck....'

Rising_Violet
Intrinsically Meek

Old 04-12-2010, 01:26 AM

Reginald took in Gabriel's words thoughtfully, however there was another question nagging at his mind, if only Alice hadn't decided to come out of her quiet demeanor. However as Alicia chose to speak, Mr. Burk unbuttoned the top of his long jacket and reached into the breast pocket, pulling out a palm-sized notebook and a pen which he started writing in immediately. He actually chuckled when Miss Thorn pointed out that Vampires were already 'dead'. The man had given up on understanding that paradox a while ago too. His head jerked up when Alicia said his name and gave a sheepish grin. "I know that they can be killed, I merely thought that you buggers had a nasty habit of coming back from.. whatever if you weren't thoroughly burned first.." He shrugged with an innocent smile, " 'almost every' is the key phrase I look at, Miss Thorn."

Now he turned back to Gabriel, a concerned expression back on his face. "How do you know all of this stuff, Gabriel? Please excuse me for being nosey but I find it unusual, Alice has an uncanny ability to know what's going on away from her thanks to her dolls... He glanced to Ynyr, and pushed up his glasses with the pen in his hand. "I'm sorry if I'm being irritating with all of these questions.." He smiled knowingly, "Humans live only so long, and I like to keep a record of what I learn for the rest of the council that will follow me." Still ignoring the dead body in the coffin that was sitting between him and everyone else. Just have to love the life on a Council.

~~~~~~

Eden had time to pace around the kitchen a few times before Evelyn showed up, though she was pacing in a state of mild-hysteria. Whimpering and running her hand through her hair after moving to hold her head between them. The dreams terrified her, and she didn't like the idea that they meant something would actually happen. To her, to Evelyn, to Alice.. None of it. Also she was fighting the will of the voices in her head. Usually they took over when the girl became upset, but she didn't need them to protect her anymore, and she had the will power to keep them from taking over. She took a deep breath and was sitting on the counter when Evelyn appeared in the doorway, chewing on her fingernails. Green eyes settled on her sister and she sighed, wincing at a black spark that flew from her mouth.

At Evelyn's words, the girl made a face, a mixture between frustration and confusion. "If.. we can't control it.. how can we change it?" "Eden!" A cross expression filled her face for a split second, then disappeared as she sighed, rubbing her left temple. "It's a valid question.." She murmured to herself, or rather, to the voice named Edgar in her head.

Azu-nyan

Old 04-12-2010, 05:08 AM

Silas crossed the street, bored with the night already. The current Council members were up at the vampire's mansion, so there were no jobs at the moment. He was thinking about going to the local tavern or something, maybe get a little drunk and pick up one of the barmaids who were oh so adorable..

Rounding the corner on which The Bloody Valentine was located, he noticed the two motorbikes out front. The black Ninja made him grin. He knew exactly who that motorbike belonged to. Looks like the night wasn't going to be so boring after all..

Pushing the doors of the bar open he nearly ran into the human, Sheridan. "Syn! How goes it? Come for a drink?" He smiled warmly at the man, clapping him on the back. Silas and Sheridan had done jobs together in the past and Silas considered the man to be alright.

Grinning as he spotted Rose by the bar, he decided to wait before he walked over to her.