Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 09-20-2007, 07:05 PM

Mostly a thread for Orson Welles's movies, specifically the ones that he directed, etc. Citizen Kane is widely acknowledged as the best movie ever (I agree, but I know that a lot of people don't--that's why I'm saying it's widely acknowledged, not specifically a fact)... I think that Lady from Shanghai has a more enjoyable plot....

Discuss, please?

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 09-21-2007, 12:53 AM

We were suppose to watch Citizen Kane last year in my Critical Viewing class but we didn't get a chance D: I need to rent it or something...
Dae <3's movies ^^

Allucard
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2007, 03:14 AM

Citizen Kane rocks.
I wish Welles had made a movie out of Atlas Shrugged.
Oh well, I guess I'll have to do it instead.

This is relevant because it's about Welles.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 09-24-2007, 03:53 AM

That would've been AWESOME! :o Because he would've done it perfectly!!

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 09-26-2007, 08:39 PM

• Citizen Kane is by far my favourite movie. I need to buy it, because I only saw it in a film class and then the teacher would always pause it to point out things, and of course one class wasn't long enough to watch all of it, etc.

Such a great movie.

Out of his other films, I've only seen The third man, that one was so great! Surprising plot, beautiful black/white, great acting, so awesome! I also have The stranger, but I haven't watched it yet.
    I really want to hear his radio reading of War of the worlds, too. If not only to hear how convincing he really was since people actually believed him.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 09-29-2007, 01:50 PM

Yeah; our teacher kept doing that, too. XD

I'd actually love to see a copy of his theater performances of Macbeth and Julius Caesar. I've got a copy of "The Stranger", but I haven't watched it yet.... XD I just reread your post, and you've got the same thing.

Jadiesama
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Jadiesama

Old 09-29-2007, 08:32 PM

i've only seen two movies involving Orson Welles, Citizen Kane, and the old 1986 Transformers Movie. I gotta say, Welles as Unicron is really amazing. And yeah, Citizen Kane was brilliant. I really can't say anything else about it that hasn't already been said.

I really need to netflix a touch of evil. the opening shot is really neat. The whole opening is done in one shot, no cut aways. It's just a continuous shot of two characters and their car going down a street. i think that was what it was. IT wouldn't be that interesting if the shot wasn't around 5 minutes.

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 AM

• Long, whole, continuous shots are so bloody awesome. o.o

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal

Old 10-02-2007, 11:23 PM

That's more or less what it was--it traced someone planting a bomb all the way to its explosion. They had to film that so many times..... XD