Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 06-29-2007, 04:23 AM

Well after the fourth movie of the series known as Harry Potter I was deeply disappointed and it's made me wonder whether I should go to the fifth movie in theaters or wait till it hits dvd and rent it...

But after seeing the previews it does look substantially better than the fourth so I might just go see it in theaters just because I seen the last four in theaters as well. What do you expect from it?

Think it'll skip around like the fourth, since the fifth book was longer than the fourth? Or do you think the director will do a better job?

I'm not sure if a new director is making this one or not.. I hope so...

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 06-29-2007, 04:41 PM

• I too, didn't enjoy the fourth Harry Potter movie. I really wish that the director of the first and second movie hadn't died (or did he just leave from directing?) He was great.

I really do hope that the Order of the Pheonix is a great one. I had to re-read the book. Cause it's been forever since I'm read it. I completely forgot about some parts. Lol.

Anyways; that's my input. : )

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 06-29-2007, 04:47 PM

The first director made the first three didn't he? But no he didn't die... the man who played Dumbledore had died.

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 06-29-2007, 04:49 PM

• No, he just made the first two I believe. I'll go look it up in a minute. And I know the guy that played dumbledore died, but I wasn't sure why the director left.

EDIT; Chris Columbus directed the first two movies. Alfonso Cuaron directed the thirdl; and Mike Newell directed the fourth. David Yates directed the fifth and will be directing the sixth.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 06-29-2007, 06:56 PM

Ah okay, makes sense then... thank god it's a different Director directing the fifth. I have more hopes for it now.

Plum

Old 06-29-2007, 09:00 PM

I'm really really hoping that Ootp is better than GoF.
I seen so many previews for it, so far they look awesome!
I really also can't wait to see "Snape's Worst Nightmare" scene.
Hes my fave character. :)

Plus bella is just so scary! o_0 She scares me more than Voldemort..
I also can't wait to see Luna! Shes an awesome character in the book!

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 06-29-2007, 11:21 PM

I dont know to be honest, the films have been good visually but the storyline has been hacked to pieces in each film so far..I'll probably see it but I dont have high hopes of it being a fantastic movie.
Movie adaptations of books just always seem to lack something.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 06-30-2007, 03:06 AM

Sayuri - I agree none of them are as good as the books, but the first three were fantastic compared to the fourth which was horrible.

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to IshokuOsero Send a message via MSN to IshokuOsero Send a message via Yahoo to IshokuOsero

Old 06-30-2007, 05:15 AM

I definitely didn't like the way they made the fourth movie, and to be honest the only part of the fifth movie that I'm actually looking forward to is Fred and George's departure, since I saw that in the previews. It got me absolutely stoked, since my friend Rachel and I had said previously that if that part wasn't in the fifth movie, we'd get a mob of people and picket outside the studio that made the movie. xD

I do think though, that since it is the longest book (and yeah, the most boring, or at least I thought so D: ), that it may skip around a ton like the fourth one did. Hopefully they won't leave out a Christmas scene though, because the movies before the fourth one had Christmas scenes and I was severely disappointed that the fourth one didn't get a scene like that put in, because it's something I look forward to every movie (don't ask why, because I honestly don't know, haha). I hope that this director knows what he's doing though. I'm so, so very glad it's not the same director as the fourth movie was, because so far that's the only one of the movies that I haven't gone out and bought yet. All the others I bought right when they came out, but when GoF came out on dvd, I just kinda stood there in front of the new sellers rack and was iffy about it, and then went and bought something else instead. I still haven't gotten around to buying it, and frankly, I'm not sure if I actually ever will. It just wasn't .... well, wasn't good enough, but there was something really lacking from it.

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 06-30-2007, 09:18 AM

*nods*
The fourth one was by far the worst adaptation I will agree there. It's been a while since I've seen them all really, I think I found the first one to be the best (that I can remember)
I'd rewatch them all but I twitch and say stuff everytime something is wrong lol

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-30-2007, 01:59 PM

After reading the books I did not realy liked the movies THAT MUCH anymore,
but I will still go see this movie in the theaters, I can't wait though!!

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to IshokuOsero Send a message via MSN to IshokuOsero Send a message via Yahoo to IshokuOsero

Old 06-30-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayuri_nitta
*nods*
The fourth one was by far the worst adaptation I will agree there. It's been a while since I've seen them all really, I think I found the first one to be the best (that I can remember)
I'd rewatch them all but I twitch and say stuff everytime something is wrong lol
Yeah, they do have some wrong lines and such in the movies. I remember slightly specifically that during the lesson where Ron and Harry were really bored (the one with the crystal ball on the table), I believe that Ron said a line that, in the book, Harry said. Either that or the other way around. It's been a while since I've seen the movies too, but I believe this was in the third one. It's sad that I can't even remember what movies were what and such. Maybe that means I should re-read the books and re-watch the movies before I see the next movie, haha.

oasis
Banned

Old 06-30-2007, 08:00 PM

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Cant wait

bleedthedream

Old 06-30-2007, 10:51 PM

The movie... I'm excited but apprehensive. I don't really want it to be like the Goblet of Fire.

In my opinion, the first movie was the best, and after that it sort of downgraded as it went along. :?

Blah. I remember when the first movie came out. I was SO excited. I was so upset that I couldn't watch it on the day it came out. I watched it two days after the release though, so. -sweatdrop- XD

The books are much better than the movies, anyways. (In my opinion.)

I am much more excited for the 7th book than the 5th movie. Ahahaha. XD

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 06-30-2007, 11:18 PM

I'm not at all excited for the seventh book.. actually I'm only getting it to have all seven.... I didn't like the sixth at all I think Rowling is getting tired of writing HP.

IshokuOsero
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale Dragonheart
I'm not at all excited for the seventh book.. actually I'm only getting it to have all seven.... I didn't like the sixth at all I think Rowling is getting tired of writing HP.
I feel the same way. Ever since the middle of the fourth book, it feels like things have been going downhill with the series while only once in a while offering comic relief (like Fred and George's departure during the fifth). I don't even know if I'm going to buy the seventh book... I might just rent it out from where I work to read it and then be done with the entire thing.

xUsagix
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to xUsagix Send a message via MSN to xUsagix

Old 07-01-2007, 02:21 AM

To tell the truth, I am afraid that the fifth Harry Potter Movie is going to be a let down, though now hearing that it is directed by someone else, maybe i don't have to worry. Though the books to me have been a bit of a let down as well. I am not sure; sometimes I wonder if people need to know when to have a series end ah well. I am sure things will work out; I hope, though I don't think I will be going off on opening day to see the movie, might wait a while and hear what other people think of it before going off and spending my money.

Tease
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Tease

Old 07-04-2007, 03:41 AM

I agree with xUsagix, I thought the fifth BOOK was a let down so I can't see how the movie will be interesting. I can't wait for the sixth movie. THAT one will be awesome. The sixth book was such a quick read. I'm waiting for the movie as well. I don't even feel the urge to buy tickets for opening day. Not even that excited. I'm more excited for the book coming out a week later lol.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-04-2007, 06:50 AM

I didn't mind the fifth book.. the sixth was HORRIBLE.

And Usagi, I know what you mean when a series should end but Rowling signed a contract to write seven books.. though I think she should know when to take a break.

iGeek
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to iGeek Send a message via MSN to iGeek

Old 07-04-2007, 08:11 AM

• offtopic ,but...
    sayuri_nitta is a Memoirs of a Geisha fan, si?

Anyways, Potterverse.
    I'll have to say that despite the films' visual appeal, they've been dissappointing. I hope this director lives up to the glory of the book and doesn't do a mediocre job.

I'm way excited for the Deathly Hallows, though. xP

Tease
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2007, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale Dragonheart
I didn't mind the fifth book.. the sixth was HORRIBLE.
You thought the 6th was horrible?!!?!? HOW. I thought it was way better than the fifth. The fifth was all filler information. I felt like nothing happened all that important.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 07-05-2007, 01:29 AM

• The fifth was a bit filler, but JKR's books have been going downhill since the fourth. I think actually that she's getting tired of writing HP so that's why OOTP was filler and the sixth well... was complete opposite with no character development but all basically skipping around a bit.. something similar to the fourth movie...

I think JKR is just getting tired of writing and should have taken a bit of a break and written later when she had better ideas for both books.

Tease
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2007, 02:31 AM

Yeah, I wasn't even a huge fan of the forth either... Lol. The third was my favorite and even though they butchered the movie I still enjoy it a lot more than the others.

The fifth and sixth book should have been combined since the fifth is all filler and character development and the sixth is none. Haha. Poor JKR. She said she had the seventh book's last three chapters written before she had the fifth book done... which means she probably was sick of writing them.

Haha not saying I have as much skill as JKR but when I write stuff to post on fictionpress or whatever, the stories I mean, I have the completely written before I post the first chapter since I tend not to finish stuff if I get bored or annoyed. That way I don't disappoint people by not continuing or rushing the ending, which I've done before.

ronneh
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2007, 07:24 AM

ugh. you have no idea how much i hope the upcoming movie is better than goblet of fire.

[i'm actually going to a midnight showing of the movie and meeting the twins. GAHCAN'TWAIT. DDDDDDDx]

otherwise i probably would just wait to rent it/download the dvd rip.

though the previews do make it out to be very good, previews don't always tell you the quality of the movie. i mean, goblet of fire's previews looked fantastic. i think that order of the phoenix is actually going to lose a lot of money on opening night due to the fact that goblet of fire kind of sucked.

there's a different/new director..?

@tease

i can understand the feeling the need to rush once you get bored with something.
i have the feeling that she is getting sick of writing about them too. hopefully she doesn't take her revenge out on harry and kill him when the series ends like so many fans are expecting. :'<

i think she also knows that no matter what she does after she's finished with this, it won't live up to the fame of the harry potter books. something like that would depress me. D:

Tori
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2007, 12:03 AM

I think in my opinion, I'm really excited for this movie. I think they are becoming much more dark, and much more exciting. I think maybe it's because of the age level that I find it more thrilling than the rest. I can't say I was really that dissappointed with movie 4, I think it was still pretty good. I think they are doing a really good job making all the movies. I mean, of course the books will be more accurate and have more things to them, but the movies are so good it doesn't matter, haha. But of course, I'm very excited for this movie, and am really interested in seeing it, and comparing it to the rest. :]]
Can't wait, woo!