Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:19 PM

The Winter Festival. Good times all around.

It seems my personality on this day is rather melancholy. As such, here on Christmas Eve Eve I have decided to kick open a thread on the hopes I'll be joined by friends.

I'm uncertain if I wish for roleplaying, or, well, whatever. For now, as a treat, I think I'll simply introduce the opening scene to an upcoming Roleplaying War being cooked up by myself, and real world friend of mine, the honorable Pope of Menewsha, Seraphim.

At any rate, enjoy. If you've criticism of the excerpt, please do so. I understand combat needs some work, but eh. -_-;

Kylie
The Original Angel - Member 620

Old 12-23-2007, 10:23 PM

*claimed because I'm spechieal*

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
The musicians began, the applause now silent. Four notes, then eight, the progression of Canon in D filled the grand ballroom with a melody of angels. Gentlemen took ladies in hand and took lead in a slow and majestic waltz about.

Ranks of noblemen and noblewomen lined the court, guests in a splendid banquet of honor, a celebration of past victories and future peace. Shy from the floor, the host of the night, Gabriel Der Engel, enjoyed his place atop the grand staircase, unable to hide a smile of pride and joy at the enjoyment of those around him. Clad in the pressed and spotless ivory suit of a Royal Officer under the Crown, he let out a silent sigh of relief and briefly closed his eyes as he dismissed the worries of the evening and allowed himself to be caught up in the majesty of the notes.

His trance ended near immediately as he felt a hand take his. He opened his eyes and met the gaze of a beautiful young woman, her small, slim hands now both holding his right as she looked upon him with strange eyes of crimson irises. He gazed down briefly, her slim magenta dress gracing her beautiful form all the more. Her ebony sleeve gloves in perfect contrast with his ivory. He smiled, true joy now finding him as he brought his left hand to her deep burgundy hair and brushed it from her eyes.

“Come, dance with me please?†she whispered, returning his smile with a soft one of her own.

“And here I was, under the belief you were too shy, my dear Kylie.†Gabriel replied gently, taking both of her hands in his.

“I would like a chance to try, even once…†she responded looking down and trailing off, disheartened.

“Kylie…†Gabriel brought one hand gently to her chin so that their eyes once more met, “I would be honored.â€

Her hand in his, the two slowly made their way down the grand staircase, garnering words of approval from friends and associates.

“‘Bout time, Gabe.†Joked Noah, a white haired officer, clad in similar dress.

“Perhaps, you should stop admiring us, and ask Lady Asuka to dance yourself, Brother.†Gabriel retorted quickly, shooting his younger brother with a smile met with a minute giggle from Kylie.

“You’re blushing Noah.†Kylie teased as they proceeded onward down the stairs to the floor.

At last they had set foot on the grand floor. Members of the crowd parted to allow the couple room. Joining the duets already on the floor, the two began a shaky waltz, a notion to their novelty to the dance. The quartet of musicians continued with the enchanting melody, as the patrons of the evening danced and conversed.

“You’re doing fine.†Gabriel said gently as he noticed Kylie struggling slightly, “You move far better than I do.â€

“I’m still so very nervous.†She replied quietly as she made an effort to time her steps with his.

“It is merely a dance, Kylie, do not worry so much.†Gabriel responded with an assuring smile.

“I’m not worried about the dance, Gabriel…†Kylie gazed away as her foot met his by mistake.

“Is it the talk of war?†Gabriel asked, understanding her uneasiness now.

“The assassinations are what I’m worried about.†She spoke, her voice nearly a whimper.

“You do not have to fear. Negotiations with the foreign ambassadors go well.â€

“But what about Tabris?â€

“What about Tabris?â€

“Wasn’t an attempt made on his life?â€

“For what we know, there is no evidence that any who we have been negotiating with are responsible. We cannot jump to conclusions.â€

“He is my brother, Gabriel.â€

“Not by blood. You know my feelings on Tabris.â€

“He is a good person.â€

“That is for time to tell.â€

The two became silent for a few moments, and became enthralled by the music as the quartet reached the peak of the melody.

“We do not need to fear…not tonight. We are safe here.†Gabriel spoke at last.

She did not reply, instead she moved closer to him offering an embrace.

“I give you my word…†He whispered as he returned her embrace.

“I trust you…I feel safe here.â€

“That is the greatest joy I may ever have then.â€

She gazed up into his eyes, the two moved slowly closer, and closer still as the quartet drew the final notes of the Canon. Applause erupted from the crowd as their lips met, and the moment seemed to freeze all of time.

A thunderous crash broke the moment, as the entire ballroom exploded in chaos. Screams and cries of horror joined the deafening clamor as Gabriel struggled to come to terms on what exactly was happening. Debris from the northern wall had been blown clean into the room, smoke and dust clouded the air as glass, wood, and marble still rained down. Wounded patrons cried out in pain as others pleaded with the corpses of others. Still stunned, Gabriel felt Kylie’s arms attempting to move him.

“It’s them it’s them!†She screamed frantically. “Gabriel run!â€

Snapping out of the daze the explosion had placed him in, Gabriel took her hands and spoke to her clearly and with a tone of command.

“Kylie. Go. Run. Move the guests out of here, get them away now.â€

“But…but…†she stammered with tears in her eyes.

“Go. NOW. Get them moving!†He commanded as officers and nobles alike began to flee.

She did not speak, but understood his order, and retreated back, calling out for people to follow her.

Rage gripped him. This was “His†work.

As the guests continued to flee, he slowly began to walk towards the still hazy site of the explosion. Unable to see his assailants, he was quickly joined by loyal security personal and able-bodied officers.

“Gabe!†Called Noah, as he joined the thin line of defense, drawing twin silver bladed swords.

“Noah, you should flee with the others.†Gabriel warned, knowing his words would fall on deaf ears. These men were soldiers, trained and bred, and were unwilling to retreat, regardless of odds.

Inspired and enflamed with rage, Gabriel spoke to the enemy that lurked.

“LOMEN! Thrice now you have disturbed my court! Twice I have treated you with courtesy and dignity deserving of a king! You now have declared war upon me, a Loyalist under the Royal Crown. You will not live to regret your actions!†Gabriel drew his own blade, a slim and lengthy blade of an albino metal.

They were upon the line within seconds, leaping from the haze of smoke, ebony clad assailants with blades of crimson. Fast and lethal, the assassins cut down a member of the security force before he could draw his blade. The line broke as the defense charged, their own weapons drawing enemy blood – but seemingly not nearly enough. They were outnumbered. An assailant was upon Gabriel within only a moment, charging with dual blades clamoring for a new coat. The attacker lunged forward, one blade meeting air, the second meeting albino. Albino then met flesh as Gabriel’s blade cleaved through the attacker’s torso in a diagonal downward slash. To his right, twin blades of silver and crimson flashed in the light of the now spreading fire. The pair struck home as another assailant fell.

“Too many of them! Retreat back!†Gabriel ordered over the snarls and clamor of the waltz of death.

“Noah! To your guard!†Gabriel called, as his brother spun to face another attacker.

“LORD GABRIEL! BEHIND YOU!†An officer’s desperate scream rang out as the world became dark.

Kylie

Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 PM

Writting are fun. :lol:

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:29 PM

Home CP >>> Laptop.

At least I have spell check. Stop being retarded. xD

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:29 PM

what is this about?

Kylie

Old 12-23-2007, 10:32 PM

Chidori, this is excerpt from something we wrote. Sometime in the future we'll be hosting a HUGE rolepaying game to end all roleplays. Mister Pope will be a big contributor because he's a masterful writer.

The expert thingy is just like a preview. I guess.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-23-2007, 10:32 PM

Hello my dears :)

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori
what is this about?

This would be an excerpt from an upcoming roleplaying game that is under development. It'll be hosted in the Roleplaying forum. This is not an official Menewsha roleplay.

Kylie

Old 12-23-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae
Hello my dears :)
*clings to Jelly*

You made it. ^_^

Koopess
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:35 PM

That's quite a massive dialogue post you got there Gabriel
Should be quite an awesome roleplay when it's finished!

Kylie

Old 12-23-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Koopess~
Youre welcome to join. We want more people in.

It'll be in the fashion of a great war, as you can see. Basically as in so many formats, there is the "good" the "bad" and the "third" powers.

Its not out yet but when we do post it we want lots of people involved.

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:38 PM

oh ok carry on

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:39 PM

Jelly, glad to see you.

The event must keep everyone very busy.

Koopess
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie
Quote:

It'll be in the fashion of a great war, as you can see. Basically as in so many formats, there is the "good" the "bad" and the "third" powers.

Epic Wars are always fun.
I would definitely be the bad if I joined, would it be medieval style or like futuristic? *Curious*

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would definitely be the bad if I joined, would it be medieval style or like futuristic? *Curious*
A great deal of inspiration came from the storyline of Final Fantasy Tactics. In a sense, its more of a medieval settings. Angels, Demons, or to tie Mene's setting in, Chaos and Law.

The passage hints at several powers being in play, a "Royal" Crown, which in truth is a disputed rule. Many different noble houses are attempting to claim the Crown. Gabriel and his subjects belong to a noble house that is in support of the current ruler.

Kylie

Old 12-23-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i think something we really wanted to do was make a game of sorts. There would be a huge main story to it, but freedom that would allow anyone who is part of the story interact. From time to time there would be big events that would allow them to take part in a serious battle, and that battle, or perhaps meeting would be something that would continue on the main story.

Everyone has to be under either the side of "Chaos" or "Law" as (both names are not set yet) Were not sure what to make of the Third power yet.

the neat thing though, is even though you're part of the "light" or "dark" you still can join any of the existing noble houses under the respective rulers, or even create your own noble house.

Kylie

Old 12-23-2007, 11:04 PM

*double posts because she knows someonew ill complain about it*

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 11:06 PM

Damn. Finally changed outfit, but I sold one of my favorite shirts. -_-

Edit...

Kylie don't double post.

Kylie

Old 12-23-2007, 11:08 PM

I like it. ^-^

You look like less of a mismatched Jack Frost and more like a mismatched person wearing red. Kinda like friday when we went to school.

Uberfailz.

I love being able to post like an exchanger. i dont have to be so nice to people. ^-^

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 11:11 PM

I was the KING OF CHRISTMAS.

Or the Archduke. Or the Noble.

Or the Marquis.

Or something cool.

The Hat and Mantle looked great with the Tuxedo. xD

Seraphim
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Seraphim

Old 12-23-2007, 11:12 PM

-The door flies off the hignes...revealing no one...odd....but then the window shattes!....still no one...the ceilling caves in form what weems a tremendous weight....only to reveal nothing but falling ruble and the like....ah ha the closet doors flies much like the first....but again nothing!
From the sky above Seraphim pops out of something, atoms all miscombalualtedand looking much like butters version of santa. falling fast he lands in the lake which steams from the energetic levels on him....THEN BRUSTS A FLAME ILLOGICALLY. running from the burning lake Seraphim screams and stops at the door way, picks up the door and adjsuts it....then smashes threw it burning it to cinders and falls on the floor, rolling around in the rubble to try and smother the flames in his failures form earlier.

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim
-The door flies off the hignes...revealing no one...odd....but then the window shattes!....still no one...the ceilling caves in form what weems a tremendous weight....only to reveal nothing but falling ruble and the like....ah ha the closet doors flies much like the first....but again nothing!
From the sky above Seraphim pops out of something, atoms all miscombalualtedand looking much like butters version of santa. falling fast he lands in the lake which steams from the energetic levels on him....THEN BRUSTS A FLAME ILLOGICALLY. running from the burning lake Seraphim screams and stops at the door way, picks up the door and adjsuts it....then smashes threw it burning it to cinders and falls on the floor, rolling around in the rubble to try and smother the flames in his failures form earlier.

. . . . .

*head/desk*

Typical Pope.

Kylie

Old 12-23-2007, 11:14 PM

Blind people are adorable. ^-^

Koopess
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 12-23-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i think something we really wanted to do was make a game of sorts. There would be a huge main story to it, but freedom that would allow anyone who is part of the story interact. From time to time there would be big events that would allow them to take part in a serious battle, and that battle, or perhaps meeting would be something that would continue on the main story.

Everyone has to be under either the side of "Chaos" or "Law" as (both names are not set yet) Were not sure what to make of the Third power yet.

the neat thing though, is even though you're part of the "light" or "dark" you still can join any of the existing noble houses under the respective rulers, or even create your own noble house.
[color=red]Ack, I lost this thread!
Sorry >_>

Sounds awesome, I loved FFTA for the GBA
I still play that game once in a while, the one with Marche in it xD

And I love the medieval theme too, I'm playing Fire Emblem right now, and it basicially takes place in Medieval Times

So would the Roleplay have characters dying for good, or just the lives of the characters and having obselete characters die?[
/color]