salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-23-2016, 04:05 AM

As they shook hands, Amanda noticed that Ryuu's hand was surprisingly very warm. Considering that the outdoor temperatures were in the 60s, she wondered why Ryuu felt unusually hot.

Same could be said of my cheeks, she thought to herself, imagining how beet red they must be.

After extending the invitation to Levent and introducing herself to Ryuu (hiding the fact that she had known his name all along), Amanda listened with a smile as Levent and Ryuu engaged in a friendly banter about what to do about their photoshoot. She was surprised when Ryuu accepted the lunch invitation on Levent's behalf.

Ahhhhhh!!!!! she screamed internally.

But outwardly, she replied, "Sure, that sounds great!"

Amanda picked up her bag from the bench where she had been sitting and started leading the two guys in the direction of Aedes Hall, where she lived. She chatted with them about what ingredients she had in her fridge that they could use for making the sandwiches, apologized in advance if the room was a mess, then asked "So, what's this photoshoot for?"

While they walked and talked, she observed that both guys were much taller than she -- well, most people were -- and tried to sense whether they were human or magical beings.

While she had ogled Ryuu on several occasions from afar, it was usually in the context of the gym or soccer team practices. He was an upperclassman, and they had never had any classes together -- magic or otherwise -- so she wasn't sure. His surprisingly warm hand had caught her off-guard and made her secretly wonder -- and hope -- that he was magical.

Levent, on the other hand, was closer to her age. While they weren't super close, Amanda still considered him a friend, although they had mostly interacted in the context of school events, volunteering, and mutual friend groups. Amanda wasn't sure about Levent either -- he had these peridot orbs that she saw him meditating with often -- and she secretly hoped that Levent was magical too.

Although she had no dearth of friends, being a social butterfly and all, Amanda felt that she could be closer friends with someone who shared a magical background and with whom she could share all of her magical powers without hiding them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-23-2016, 11:01 PM

History of film got out early and Eaden walked down the path with a group of guys at his heels, all of them talking loud, looking a bit like they owned the path. Others avoided them or greeted them with the same enthusiasm. As far as popularity went, he liked to think of himself at the top of the ladder. Considering the eyes his group drew, it must be truth. Few men here could rival him though there was that bastard Ryuu and his pretty-boy friend. It didn't even make make sense! It had to be the eye patch. He bet if that guy took it off, all the girls would stop swooning like ninnies. They just had to love a mystery.

Despite the excited chatter around him, Eaden's thoughts put him in a sour mood, leaving his face marred with a scowl. "Yo, see you at dinner?" One friend asked, clapping Eaden on the back. He waved back, easily flipping on a smile.

"Of course. You're still paying right?"

"Shit...fine." With that, most of Eaden's group split ways. The few that still walked with him distracted themselves with their own conversations thought he still felt them at his back. He always did and too easily wore the role he'd been cast into. Just as he was about to turn into the parking lot, he spotted some kid sitting by a tree. He'd seen the guy before, probably snickered at him too. He was sitting alone reading and eating an apple. Which looked like a good idea, but somehow still pissed him off. This was the sort of guy most unlike him--okay being alone, openly artistic, the sort that popular mean kids could pick on and no one would stop. Because who cared about someone who was always alone in the first place?

Eaden stepped off the path and came to stand in front of the kid. "Oh, would you look at that," he whistled, looking down at the sketchpad he'd left out. "You some kind of artist?"

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 02-23-2016 at 11:08 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-23-2016, 11:18 PM

Alecross noted the shadow fall over him first, before the words were said. He didn't look up right away, as the male who had just come over commented on him being an artist. He paused where he was in his book. "Took you long to figure that out?" he said, before lifting his eyes to the other. He knew the male well, Eaden, one who liked to act like he ran the place. The type in many ways completely opposite to Alecross himself. One who easily rubbed him the wrong way. The male in front of him relished in making others squirm, teasing and picking at them. It was nothing new to Alecross, he had plenty of people who constantly tried to pick at him.

They each had their own area, either his art, personality, history, his race, whatever. He rarely allowed any of it to personally piss him off. If anything, he was one to piss them off more, often brushing them off, or retorting back. They didn't often like to be challenged, Alecross had been told plenty of times, that he had a mouth on him. Some said a few choice things on what they would prefer to do because of it. It was more of an annoyance than anything. He sighed slightly, snapping the book closed. It was obvious, that the other was not planning on simply walking away. He had obviously come here for confrontation, so ignoring him would do little. He wanted a rise out of him.

He watched the other in silence, waiting to see what it would be that he came up with as a response. If push came to shove, he didn't see the other as much of a physical assalent. Then again, it was hard to say. If it moved to something more, he could handle himself. He was not afraid of physical confrontation. Either way, for now he did not move, remaining against the tree. He lifts the apple back to his lips, taking another almost casual bite of it as he waited for the next step of their conversation. Blue eyes remaining on the man before him.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-24-2016, 02:10 AM

Eaden ground his teeth together at the retort he received. One of the friends who noticed him walk that way now snickered. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was being made fun of by his own friends. He had to fight back for that sake more than anything. This was to save face. He couldn't back down even if he wanted to.

In one swift move, he kicked the apple away from the other boy, then burst out laughing. "Oh boo hoo. Lost your little snackie?" he cooed before his face twisted. "Do you think a guy like you can challenge me? Your type pisses me off the most! You think the rest of us don't matter? All you do is get lost in your own little world. Artists." He spat the last as a wild grin split his face and maybe something a little deeper, a real anger behind his show.

This guy really did piss him off and he couldn't even say why. Maybe because in another world, he could have become the same kind of person.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 02-24-2016 at 02:17 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-24-2016, 03:22 AM

Alecross sat still, watching the other's reaction to his words. It wasn't hard to see that he was getting under his skin. A male who had been walking with the other laughed, which only seemed to piss him off more. The next move was to his apple, having it sent flying away. He sighed at the words that were coming out of the other's mouth, before tossing his book aside. He stood, his eyes on the man before him. "Does that make you feel better?" he asked, eyes on his.

"Instead of walking away, you throw a little fit because you didn't like what I said?" he gave a light dry chuckle, "yeah, I'm an artist, so what." He lent down, picking up his bag and the two books, along with the case that held his materials. "I'd rather be in my own world, than be in one with an egotistical pig who thinks he runs it" he said, before passing him. He brushed him off, placing the bag over his shoulder. Cassius who had been watching the scene stoped a laugh growing inside of him. He continued on his own way, avoiding the attention of the scene that was clearly being made between the two.

They had dominant personalities in many ways, which would keep either from backing down. On a normal day, it might have been interesting to watch. However, he would prefer to avoid getting in the middle of it all.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-24-2016, 06:05 PM

"It's for the school reporter," Lev said nonchalantly. "Ryuu's been MVP every game this year so the school paper is doing an article on him. I saw the memo that said 'need a photographer' and thought why not. Apparently a ton of people applied." He glanced at Ryuu. "And he ended up picking me." With a prideful grin on his face, he started to follow the woman back to her room.

Ryuu rolled his eyes at the comment before taking his gaze forward. In a very plain, lackluster voice, he rolled out his snarky response. "Maybe I should have picked someone else." Slowly, his eyes panned back to Lev. "Though out of all my opions, you were the obvious choice."

"It's because I'm a dude," he frowned, "isn't it."

"Pretty much," he smirked while moving so he now walked at Amanda's side. "So how do you two know each other?" Not knowing much about the woman, he added, "And what do you study?" Might as well make some small talk and get to know the lass. If someone dared to ask who she was or what she was like, he wanted to be able to respond.

As they walked and talked, Lev quick pipe up from time to time. That was until they happened past what sounded like a heated argument. The second they walked passed the scene, Lev fell gravely silent.

His knuckles turned white as his hands balled into fists. What was this guy's problem? He literally kicked an apple away from the other. He needed to see where this was going to go. Right now, the one--Alecross--was walking away. Would this end it? Or was it going to get worse before it got better?

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-24-2016, 11:08 PM

"I'm painting a garden and I guess I should. add some flowers in to the mix soon,class lets out at 2:30 any way." Flora say to Aza'zel in a happy sounding voice. she wonder if he knew about there assignment are not? she would be happy to help a fellow student out. if they where to ask for help in the first place. heck she was luck they never ask her be a living model. for a sculpting class she is really quit shy person.

She helps out with the school animals when she can. a few of the animals like her got a long with her just fine. horse's,cows and sheep seem to like her. as for birds it deepens on their own moods such picky animals. at times she had trouble with wild animals on campus. Flora would try show them off only to have the animal. get angry but once it had some food it would leave. skunks are one of the animals she can not stand. because of the smell they have. plus they like to steal food form other's way to often.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-25-2016, 12:42 AM

Eaden froze as the other guy brushed past him, not the least bit bothered it seemed. Most people backed down, afraid or anxious when a guy like him picked a fight. He started to regret bullying this guy. He wasn't good for it at all. They'd started to gather a crowd, leaving Eaden almost wanting to walk away. But there was a crowd, so he couldn't.

And just then, the guy hit him with those last words. Eaden's entire face went red. "What did you say, you little fucktard!?" He jabbed a finger toward Alecross, not about to let him walk away anymore. Not without understanding the consequences of making him an enemy. "If you walk away from me, I swear I will make the rest of your semester hell! I'm the one who has power here. Got it, kid?!" Either they fought it out here, one time, or Eaden branded the other boy as a public target for months--a personal punching bag. Because no one made a fool out of him.

-------

Why did it matter when class let out? Aza'zel couldn't really wrap his head around the fact that he missed half of it in the first place. It seemed really irrelevant of a fact. He took the painting class because he didn't quite know what he was supposed to be doing in college and just signed up for a random mix of classes his adviser suggested. It wasn't bad though. He had a knack for the paints if not the following of directions.

"Why would you paint a garden?" he asked, the question seeming innocent though a bit petulant as well. He still sat on his stool far too close for most people's taste. He pointed to a spot on Flora's canvas where a large space of green existed. "There. Put something there." Finally, he leaned back, his eyes shut as he made a whiny face. "Ah, but I don't like flowers at all! They're too alive. Hey, hey. What should I paint?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-25-2016, 12:52 AM

Alecross walked a few steps away, ignoring those who were looking at them. He had no interest in a crowd at all. The other clearly did not like his words, from the ones that followed behind him. It was more childish in Alecross' eyes. The other was throwing a tantrum, unable to get his way and the reaction he wanted out of the dark haired male. He paused, when the other yelled that he basically either stopped or his semester would be hell. The other had the power here? He turned his form a bit, eyes moving to the other.

"You have as much power as others allow" he says, "which as to why they would is a mystery. If anything, it's like letting a child rule the place." He turned to face him, "you believe it will be to your benefit to challenge me...make yourself look like some kind of badass? I have little interest in indulging your pathetic wishes...but if you make a move, I will defend myself." It was not a threat, merely a fact. He would not simply allow someone to physically abuse him. If the other sought confrontation to the point that he attempted to harm him, he would defend himself.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-25-2016, 01:16 AM

Amanda thought she heard angry voices in the distance as they walked in the direction of the residence hall.

"Hmm well, Levent and I definitely met at a community service event! We both volunteered together at a lot of them. I think we might have met while volunteering at a pet shelter," Amanda responded to Ryuu's questions. "And I am double majoring in biology and computer science! How about you?" Amanda realized that she did not, in fact, know what Ryuu was studying.

Eventually, they found out where the noises were coming from.

Amanda gasped as she saw two men confronting each other. She watched wide-eyed as one of them kicked an apple out of the other's hand. Ryuu was still in the middle of answering her question and didn't respond strongly to witnessing the conflict. On the other hand, Amanda could see Levent's hands ball into fists.

"I wonder what they're fighting about," Amanda commented after Ryuu had finished speaking. And, turning to Levent, she asked, "hey, are you okay, Levent?" She was so used to seeing him meditating calmly and peacefully with his peridot orbs by the koi pond and had never seen him angry before.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-25-2016, 02:29 AM

Eaden didn't move from his spot. Though he made a threat like that, he didn't expect the other boy to stop. Most would run and he'd have fun, torturing some poor sap for a semester. Which technically he would, and would probably have to, regardless. The tension turned thick though, both them far too much on a sharp edge. He glanced to the side, meeting the eyes of some guys from his group.

"You forget, I'm the one with friends here. People are power. Don't forget that." He'd barely blinked during the entire course of his speech, let alone move a finger. Though he didn't challenge the other boy any further, he didn't back down either. He had no intention of being the first to turn away; it would be a defeat. The kid still needed to pay for his humiliation. "You should have just gone home and cried while you had the chance. Jacob, Alex, show this kid what it means to challenge Eaden Carr." With a motion of his fingers, two tough looking guys separated themselves from the crowd, heading for Alecross. He wouldn't act unless he had all the upper hand. Though, this was actually a bit pitiable.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-25-2016, 02:44 AM

Alecross arched a brow at the comment. "Friends? You're nothing but a laugh for anyone at best...a tool" he said cooly. The other motioned for two people to 'get him'. The thought was almost laughable, none of these men had any idea what they were dealing with. He had plenty of what he needed, within the notebook or the palm of his hand. He knew it was not a good idea to fight, the students were not supposed to show their powers off, let alone use them against each other. He looks at the two men coming at him.

Sighing, he let his bag slip to the ground once more, before tossing the book and case on top of his bag. If it was a fighter they wanted, then he would do just what he said, defend himself. He was aware of the other people around, if it came down to it, they might be asked about what they saw. He did not know if they would defend this arrogant guy, but he really did not care at this point. He kept his eyes on their leader, the one who was attempting to show power over him. He wanted so bad for him to submit, to cower and back down it seemed. This man was a typical bully.

Feeding off of the attention, hated when someone stood against him. He would not be surprised if the guy was actually weak. If it came down to it, the two of them, that he would not be able to handle things. Alecross was not afraid of a challenge. He knew how to handle himself. He also kind of enjoyed this kind of thing at times, though he would not tell them that. Especially the man across from him. It was apparent, it would only be a tool for him to try and use for his gain.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-25-2016, 04:38 AM

While awaiting Levent's response to her concerned inquiry, Amanda watched as the scene unfolded. Ryuu, Levent, and Amanda were far away enough that they couldn't hear the actual conversation happening between the men (Eaden and Alecross). But, Amanda could see that the blonde man had made a motion with his fingers, and two of the students accompanying him started heading for the black-haired opponent.

"Wow, what is this," Amanda said, softly enough so that only Ryuu and Levent could hear. "He's having two of his so-called friends fight one guy. That's really unfair. He could really get hurt!"

and before Ryuu or Levent could stop her, Amanda ran forward and screamed "STOP IT! STOP IT NOW!!!"

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-25-2016, 05:02 AM

Amanda hadn’t taken the handshake that Nanami offered her. The petite blonde’s hand fell to her side as a quizzical look crossed her features. Had she said something wrong or been inadvertently rude? She hadn’t meant to do so. It’s just that she had plans to meet her friend so they could go to class together. It hurt a bit to think that she may have possibly upset Amanda. There was nothing she could do about it now as the charismatic girl had moved on and was now talked to Levent and Ryuu. She recognized Levent from earlier in the Zen garden.

Since her friend had yet to show up Nanami returned to where she left off in her reading. Even as she tried to refocus on her book, it was a little hard to ignore the conversations taking place around her. So Levent is a photographer, that’s cool she thought to herself. Of course Ryuu she also knew by reputation. It was hard not to. Many of the girls were infatuated with the athlete. The young woman would admit that the young man was attractive, but she wasn’t falling head over heels for him like some of her dorm mates. At the sight of how Amanda was acting towards Ryuu she chuckled to herself. Yup, just like the others. Little time passed as the group of three started to head off towards the dorms when loud talking disturbed Nanami’s reading.

From the bench she sat it appeared that two boys who she didn’t know were getting into an argument. The actions of Eaden appalled her. How rude to kick someone’s food from their hand. Nothing warranted such an action. Looking down at her book she once again tried to focus on her reading, but there was no use. The arguing continued between Eaden and Alecross and it was escalating. All of the talk between the two grew more and more distracting and annoying until it reached the point that Nanami nearly slamming the book down beside her. The thud it made going unnoticed by the group of people that were gather or the two boys.

With a sigh she stood. Things like this annoyed her. Seeing others fight, but especially try to bully others pissed her off. The woman might be petite, but she would never stand for such actions in her presence. Something that usually lead her to getting into trouble or hurt, but she always went into the situation knowing that there was that possibility. To help others one couldn’t expect to walk away with no scars from the battle.

No longer able to just sit by and watch Nanami made her way over to Eaden, Alecross, and the two boys who stepped forward. Weaving through the group of boys who had been with Eaden. Most of them not even noticing the short woman as she passed by. One of them near the front grabbed her arm to stop her. Her head turned to him, piercing teal eyes saying let go. His hand slipped form her arm as she gave him a gentle smile as if saying ‘Don’t worry’ crossed her features.

That gentleness was soon replaced by a serious air when she brushed past the two boys finally standing between Eaden, the boys and Alecross. “Haven’t you both made your point? Neither of you are going to back down. Fighting is pointless especially if one has to rely on others to do their fighting for them.”

Teal eyes moved to Eaden. “Also what gives you the right to disturb others when they are minding their own business? Would you like it if someone just came up to you while you were idling passing your time doing something you enjoy then ruined it by trying to argue or make fun of you? Probably not. You would give them the same kind of reaction he gave you. So what is the point?” The more she spoke the harsher her tone grew.

To those around them it was probably a sight to see such a short girl standing in the middle of this group of much taller guys. And not only was she standing there, but she was telling them not to fight and just leave things as they are. There were probably a few wondering if she was insane, stupid or brave. None of that matter to the petite girl as she made case. She just didn’t want there to be a fight and people to get hurt.

The entire time she spoke her fist was clinched. “And another thing. Not only are you disturbing him, but you are also disturbing others who are trying to relax or study around here. So enough already.” For someone who was normally quiet she had a lot to say. There was plenty more, but Nanami figured it was best not to press her luck too much. She had yet to see how both of these young men would react to her intervention.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-25-2016, 12:32 PM

The second Amanda rushed forward, Ryuu shot Lev a hesitant look. The raven hated confrontation, especially of this kind. If this were on the turf, it would be another story. On the playing greens, Ryuu held nothing back. He was aggressive and nasty as they came, but everyone knew this. It was how he came to fame. But here, on the path to the dorms, he didn't like the idea of getting himself into a fight.

Sighing lightly, he stepped forward. With a quick trick of the legs, he shooted Amanada behind his back and left his legs in a way that would prevent her from budging forward. She was a charismatic one. Crazy, yes. But also very nice. He saw no reason for her to get hurt, especially when it came to these two thugs.

Thankfully, another stepped to the plate. Again, it was a woman and Ryuu started to realize that it was hopeless for him to keep both women at bay. With Amanda under control, he let the other (Nanami) have her words.

She made some valid points, but the one-eyed man wasn't sure these two would care. Well, the one might as he was trying to leave, but the other definitely didn't seem like the kind of kid to just back down. Not to mention, he wasn't sure how he felt about her butting into their little brawl.

Shifting his golden orb from Alecross to Nanami to Eaden, the man clad in a suit turned curtly on his heels. As he did so, the position of his foot forced Amanda to pivot and face the other way too. It was actually a neat trick--one he definitely picked up from all those years of intense soccer.

"Rather than butting into a private conversation," he guided Amanda away, "why don't we mind our own business. Words have no use when spoken to deaf ears."

Lev finally relaxed his balled fists and realized Ryuu was right. If they didn't duke it out now, they would duke it out later. Yes, he couldn't stand bullying but there were already too many cooks in the kitchen.

"Yeah, you're right." He smirked. "Men will be men. And with all these women gathering, I'm sure it's just adding fuel to the fire." Taking a few steps over to him, the blonde laughed. "Fancy footing," he commented. "You've got Amanda all tripped up with your charms." He shot her a quick wink.

"I've what?"
He blinked, baffled by the statement. Not wanting to really understand Lev's cryptic conversation, the dragon-boy started to walk back toward the dorms. "So where do you live?" He tilted his head lightly to the side. It wasn't like he could walk her home; he had no idea where she was.

"Oh," he recalled her comment he never got to answer, "I'm a Chemistry major. Rest of the time, I'm in the gym or on the greens." He wasn't sure if she knew who he was. "I play soccer."

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-25-2016, 04:49 PM

Amanda had been so distracted by the arrival of Ryuu and Levent (especially Ryuu) that she had not noticed Nanami reach out her hand.

Now, she saw Nanami had come forward and walked right up to the group of men to try to stop the fight. Amanda had certainly liked Nanami -- she thought she was friendly -- and would love to know her better in the future. And she was extremely impressed to see that Nanami, who she had initially thought was super shy, also had the guts to speak up to this group of (perhaps dangerous) strangers.

But before she could see anything else, she was suddenly turned around by Ryuu. Whoa! How did that happen?! she thought. She looked up at Ryuu, who guided her away while advising her to mind their own business instead of trying to intervene. She blushed and hid a smile at Levent's punny remark as the three started to walk away from the site of confrontation.

Amanda started to look behind her to see what would happen next in the conflict but turned her head back around when she realized Ryuu was talking to her again.

"Oh yes," she responded. "I watch the soccer team practice sometimes from the windows of the Great Hallway in between classes." She didn't admit that she was oftentimes just watching him.

"And I live in Aedes Hall. It's right around the corner, actually. We'll get there in less than a minute."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-25-2016, 11:10 PM

The entire crowd seemed to go silent as the petite blonde girl stepped between the two fighters. Or was it just Eaden who suddenly couldn't hear the crowd anymore. Despite her size, she demanded his attention. Honestly, he just felt shocked. A cutie like this stepped in between them? The two friends of his paused, looking back at Eaden to see what he wanted, but he just stood there. Despite the crowd, his friends, an 'enemy' opposite him, he felt his face flush red. He told himself it was all anger.

"T-that's not...what...." He stammered before he managed to recover. This time for sure, his face flushed with anger despite how quickly this petite girl managed to cow him. "I don't need your cute words. Treat others like you want to be treated? Aren't you too old for that kind of naivety," he managed to say, staring right at her before turning his eyes to Alecross with the same hard stare. Really, it was just saving face though. He needed to stay composed, needed to.

"But this is getting boring. I have no intentions of fighting some girl, kay? Let's go guys." He waved his friends off and they hesitated, looking for a second like they didn't want to listen even if Nanami threw them off their game as well. Still, they backed down at Eaden's command in the end. He tossed a flippant sort of wave over his shoulder and walked away, doing his best to keep his pace even and unhurried. In his head though, his thoughts continued to buzz. The girl's words rung over and over, like some kind of curse. He couldn't get that image of her--so tiny next to them--standing up like that. It filled him with something like....awe.

Just who was that girl?

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-25-2016, 11:29 PM

Alecross could see the people around them. The group he had noticed before walking away. Probably considered themselves to high for such a thing. Honestly, it didn't phase him. If they wanted to go, he wouldn't feel hurt or anything. There was suddenly a girl in the way, his eyes turning to look at her as she....defended him? He arched a brow slightly, listening to her words. It was a bit odd to have someone stand up for him like that, let alone a girl. He half expected some kind of snide comment to come from the other man, but instead, he backed down. He brushed it off like he didn't care, but Alecross caught the word 'Cute' very clearly. He watched as he turned, walking away with his two goons following him. Alecross leaned down, slowly picking up his bag and other things.

He watched for a moment as the people began to dissipate, silent as they did. However, he sighed after a moment, taking a breath. "I suppose I should thank you..." he said to the female, "even if I had that handled..." He looked away for a moment, figuring that probably sounded a bit arrogant. He glanced back at her, "I'm sorry for disrupting your reading.." He never had intended as such, he would have been happy to be left alone to his own book as well. He gave her a light nod of thanks and acknowledgement, his eyes catching hers for a moment, before he turned. It would be better for him to not stand around there, with all the whispers and glances now. He also did not need someone coming back after the fact in order to finish things.

He headed across the yard, heading back towards the buildings. He should possibly just head back to his own room, or maybe to the library. At least there, he might get some peace. A slight part of him stirred, a bit annoyed and now on edge after the encounter. Perhaps it would have been better if he had been able to hit something, though it would not have solved much. He had an itch to do something, so it was best to turn it into something positive. That meant, he was most likely going to put the sketchpad to use. It was better than the alternatives. He thought back to the girl for a moment. She had helped him, though she had seemed a bit unsure about it all. From the other guy's reaction to, there was no doubting some kind of spark was there. Who felt what, he didn't know or care. He found himself sighing a bit, reaching a hand up to run through his hair.

--------------------------------------------

Cassius had been watching the scene. So many people, each doing different things. Some watched, while others walked away. He could understand staying out of it, more people meant that more problems could arise. Such problems could jeopardize many things within one's school life. It was surprising however, to see that the one who made the first move to get between the two guys, was a female. She was nowhere near their height, but got quite the reaction anyways. He chuckled a bit, crossing his arms as he listened to her. She had some points, but to actually voice them. This girl had some guts, no doubt about that.

The man known as Eaden backed down, finally walking away. Some let out breaths of relief, others seemed upset there was not going to be any action happening. Cassius turned himself, slipping out of the scene without being really noticed. He headed towards the dorm halls, he should be heading back to get some food himself. Especially after such an eventful walk here. He noted along the way, the two men and the girl he had seen before, heading to their shoot. He didn't bother them, continuing on his way past them and inside.

Last edited by Kiyoto; 02-25-2016 at 11:40 PM..

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-26-2016, 04:57 AM

This whole time she was trembling on the inside, not knowing how the others would react to her. She didn’t let her nervousness show as she stood there. It was Eaden who spoke first. It seemed she had surprised him as he stared at her stammering over his words at first. There was one of the many words she expected to hear, ‘naivety’. Maybe Nanami was being naïve, but treating others with the respect and curtesy that you want them to treat you with was the way she was raised.

Eaden did manage to surprise her a bit when he quickly backed down, claiming to be bored. “Maybe this world needs more of that kind of naivety as you call it. One most show respect to receive it.” Those were the words that the petite woman left the male with. Perhaps they were a bit arrogant, but it is what she believed. Her teal eyes watched the man as he left with his friends.

With them gone and the crowd starting to disperse Nanami relaxed a bit, her fist unballing. As those who were watching whispered she ignored their comments about how childish, naïve and stupid she was for stepping in like that. Some of their comments being even harsher. There were a few nicer ones that made her feel good about the decision she had made.

Since the other had left her attention turned to Alecross. Would he be as ‘nice’ about her intervention? The words that left the taller man’s lips didn’t surprise her, nor did they seem to faze her. Of course he would be unhappy with her for stepping in. Nanami frowned a bit, not because she was unhappy, but because there was no need for him to thank her. “There is no need for that. Also there is no need to be sorry. It wasn’t your fault.” The nod of thanks and acknowledgement made her a little happy though. The words she spoke where soft and would only be heard by him. “Sorry if my actions cause you any problems. Maybe if we meet again it will be on better terms.”

Left alone now it appeared that her burst of courage was starting to fade as she shifted, her shyness kicking back in. All the glances were starting to get to her. A few of the people that had been watching started to head her way. Before they could reach her she headed back to the bench where she had disguarded her book and bag earlier. Whether it was praise or reticule she didn’t want any part of it. Slinging her bag over her shoulder she quickly walked out of the garden area.

Still feeling like she was being followed by at least one of the bystanders from earlier Nanami did the only thing she could think of when she stopped a male student walking about a yard of her. Picking up her pace she caught up to him within a couple minutes. Once beside Cassius she slipped her arm around his while whispering. “Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you just play along for a bit. I’m being followed and well…I need to…” Nanami’s cheeks were flushed as she asked this complete stranger for help. And to boot the petite woman was stumbling over her words as she tried to explain making things more awkward and embarrassing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nearly an hour had passed since the lavender haired woman started to dance in the mirrored room. As the last song on the playlist ended she moved to the back of the room. By this point she was panting. Swallowing hard she leaned back against the mirror and slid down it. Kokuro sat on the floor breathing hard. Again she had pushed herself, but she had to train her body to deal with the heat and warmth of the environment she lived in here at the school and what she dealt with when on stage. Being a Yuki-onna meant that she was weak to the heat since it wasn’t something she dealt with while growing up in her snow covered homeland.

A few minutes passed before the woman forced herself to her feet. She was getting better and her body’s reaction was nowhere near as severe as it had been when she first arrived at the school. Kokuro walked over to the stereo, unplugging her MP3 player after wiping away her sweat with her towel. Grabbing her water she headed out of the room making sure to turn the lights off. Once she was in the changing room she took a quick cold shower to recuperate faster. The cool water felt so inviting and refreshing as it washed over her.

Kokuro left her hair tied in a long braid. Now that her workout was finished she headed off to her dorm to grab some food before heading to her afternoon class. The tall young woman took the long way to get to Aedes Hall. On her way she noticed that there must be something going on in the garden area, but ignored it. It wasn’t any of her business.

Once on her floor she headed to the small kitchen that was open to those who resided there. She left her bag abandoned in the dining area by one of the chairs. Kokuro began to rummage around in the fridge where she had left ingredients for the bentos she planned to make today. After she found all of it she got to work. First pulling out her rice cooker and a couple pans. With the rice cooking she sat her MP3 player on the counter to play some music while she prepared and cooked the eggs and octipi hotdogs. While those fried she cut some apples into the shape of rabbits.

“Hmm…I wonder if I should make regular onigiri this time or make the panda ones. And what else should I add?” At this point Kokuro was lost in her cooking and creating of bento boxes to notice much else.

Will you draw my OCs?

Last edited by blueblackrose; 02-26-2016 at 05:53 AM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-26-2016, 02:53 PM

They had finally arrived at the residence hall. Amanda opened the door of Aedes Hall and led Ryuu and Levent up the stairs to the second floor, where her room was. She was secretly glad that she had started working out at the gym, doing cardio, and was not out of breath once they had reached the top of the stairs. She heard music playing and was pleasantly surprised to see Kokuro there in the kitchen, with a few completed bento boxes beside her on the counter. Ah, she must be done with her workout! Amanda thought to herself, recalling that she had seen Kokuro at the gym earlier. Kokuro had just started making another bento box when Amanda chirped, "Hello, Kokuro!"

Amanda admired Kokuro's bento boxes from afar as she set her bag down on a chair at a nearby table, prompting Levent and Ryuu to do the same. Then, she walked over to Kokuro to join her at the kitchen counter to take a closer look at her creations.

"Wow, those are so cute!" Amanda said, admiring the hotdogs shaped like octopi and apple slices shaped like rabbits. Her stomach grumbled a little bit, reminding her that she was hungry for lunch. Aahhh I should really eat lunch soon, Amanda thought to herself, glancing at the clock. 45 minutes until class starts! But wanting to help Levent and Ryuu with their photoshoot, she turned to the two guys and brought up the idea of including Kokuro and the bento boxes in the photoshoot.

Last edited by salvete; 02-26-2016 at 02:56 PM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 02-26-2016, 03:52 PM

Cassius was not really paying attention, his mind on a few things as he walked. As the arm moved around his however, he turned his head to look at the girl stepped close to him. He recognized her, as the girl from before, the one who had gone over to stop that little scuffle going on. He hadn't really been expecting anyone, let alone her, to step up to him. He glanced back behind them for a moment, but he didn't really see anyone who was following. Mainly just those who might be heading in the same direction as them. However, as he looked at her he got the sudden sense of nerves mixed with fear. She was indeed worried, but it might have been more of the high of what had happened wearing off. He couldn't help but give a slight smile to the female before him.

"Be my guest" he said, not minding the company. "I don't know what use I'd be, but I am happy to help" it was a slight attempt to get her to smile, or at least relax a bit. He didn't want to scare her even more, so he kept his easy pace and made no move to pull back from her. He didn't feel any immediate danger, but he was not so cold as to tell an innocent person to screw off as a result. He was much more of a gentleman. Or at least, that was what he liked to believe. He lifted his eyes back to the path before them. "That was a brave thing you did" he says, "perhaps a bit foolish, but brave none the less." He chuckled, for a moment his mind went back a bit to why he himself had stuck around so long.

It was probably his doctor skills kicking in. He couldn't bring himself to leave with the potential of another getting hurt around. Even if he had thought it better not to immediately get involved. He wondered how far he would have allowed it to go, before he had stepped in as well. He frowned for a fraction of a second. People like that, those who simply used power to abuse others, they seriously rubbed him the wrong way. The frown was gone, replaced once more by his friendly and happy smile. "So which way are you heading?" he asked her, not minding taking her part of, or all of the way.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-26-2016, 04:05 PM

Amanda cheerily introduced the guys to her dormmate. "Kokuro, this is Levent and Ryuu," gesturing to each of the men respectively. "Ryuu is on the soccer team, and Levent is photographing him for the school newspaper. And this is Kokuro! She's a really awesome dancer!"

With introductions out of the way, Amanda wanted to get down to business as soon as possible so that she could make her afternoon class. "I know we were originally planning to photograph me and Ryuu making sandwiches together," Amanda said, facing Levent and Ryuu but close enough to Kokuro so that she could hear too. "But these bento boxes are so adorable! And I think they would look awesome in the school newspaper!"

Turning to Kokuro, she wanted to get her in the loop as to what was going on and also ask her if she would be okay with being part of the photoshoot.. "So Ryuu was selected for Most Valuable Player - MVP - of the soccer team, and Levent is photographing him for the school newspaper! In addition to photos of Ryuu by himself, we'd like to get group pictures too, of him hanging out with people or doing other things. Would you be okay with us joining you and helping you make some bento boxes? And having Levent photograph us doing it? I think it would be really awesome!"

Amanda smiled at Kokuro, hoping that she would agree.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-26-2016, 06:08 PM

Eaden stormed his way back to his car where he'd been heading from the start. He didn't say anything to his friends, ditching them even quicker than usual. Once alone, he hit his palm into the steering wheel. Damn it. He didn't want things to turn out this way. He just planned to cut through the grass so he could get to the parking lot faster and drive home. But he went and did it again, picking on people for no good reason. He couldn't even remember when his personality turned out this way or rather, his facade. That kid hadn't done anything wrong and he knew it, but saying those things made him happy at least at the time. Now, he just felt irritated as he turned out of the school entrance and onto the street toward his apartment. At least there, he could be alone and get his work done.

A fleeting feeling of elation passed through him as he remembered class. The old film noir still rung in his head and he analyzed the scenes as he drove, finally, trying to apply them to his personal project. Never mind on lunch. He needed to start working on that.

-----

Paige closed her textbook with a sigh. It seemed she'd been doing homework and studying for hours now. When she looked at her desk clock, she realized she had. How troublesome. It was easy to fall into that schedule though when no one disturbed her. She liked it that way though, even if her roommate didn't overly annoy her. The girl had a cold sort of exterior that made Paige's powers easier to deal with. Still, she had an hour until class and plans to eat lunch.

Grabbing her bag, she headed out and skirted through the halls to avoid most of the girls outside their rooms. Especially those in groups gave off too strong of vibes. Guys could be easier to deal with at times, but they turned out to be almost as emotional on the inside as girls, sometimes more so at time. Paige planned to eat at the campus cafeteria, or rather, grab some food from there and eat alone. The cafeteria was hell.

She was just veering toward the stairs when she saw a group gathered in the kitchen. Other than Kokuro, she didn't recognize any of them, though the strong emotions of the younger girl felt familiar somehow. Probably someone from this building she avoided precisely for that reason. After pausing a second, she continued on, hoping to reach the stairs without being noticed. Although, it did smell delicious in there.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-27-2016, 04:38 AM

As Amanda introduced Kokuro, Ryuu, and Levent and informed Kokuro about their photoshoot plans, she heard a door open and close. Out of the periphery of her eye, she saw a brunette carrying a bag. She recognized her as one of her floormates, Paige Summers, who was exiting her room and heading towards them in the kitchen.

Amanda knew all of her floormates by name because of the name tags on the doors, but she had never really interacted with Paige, who usually seemed to keep to herself. Amanda considered saying hi to Paige and inviting her to join them in the kitchen and photoshoot, but she noticed that Paige seemed to be avoiding eye contact with them. In fact, it seemed that the only reason Paige seemed to be going towards the kitchen was to reach the staircase that was next to the cabinet.

Hmm maybe she is heading somewhere to go to class or study, Amanda thought to herself, wondering if maybe Paige was busy. Just in case, Amanda flashed a smile at Paige while she listened to Kokuro, Levent, and Ryuu's responses. Amanda figured that a friendly smile would be inviting enough so that Paige could feel free to join them if she wanted, while at the same time not being intrusive in case Paige was busy or did not want to interact with them.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-29-2016, 04:23 AM

The tall lavender haired woman was well into her bento making when a trio, Amanda, Levent and Ryuu, entered into the kitchen area. Her attention was on the task at hand and the music playing as she sang along. With another bento box filled she sat it on top of the other three. “…Watashi wa inori tsuzukeru, Douka kono ko ni ai wo…” While she worked on filling the fifth box Kokuro was slightly startled by Amanda chirped ‘hello’. A little of the rice she was using to make panda onigiri fell to the counter. “Oh, hello Amanda.”

Kokuro smiled. “Thank you.” She continued making the onigiri as the other girl turn back to the others. She only half listened as Amanda spoke to Levent and Ryuu about photos and using the bento boxes. “What photoshoot? What are you talking about?” She looked over at them confused. Was the kitchen reserved or was she in the way or what exactly was going on?

Before she could continue to ask questions Amanda started introductions and explaining things. Taking photos wasn’t a big deal. Plus being in the paper was a plus for her. Might draw some new interest into the theater. “Nice to meet you Ryuu, Levent.” A sing song type laugh came from the lavender haired woman at her dorm mate calling her an awesome dancer. “I do dance, but she exaggerates.”

Finishing up another of the boxes she sat it with the others. Only three more left to make. “Hold it there. I don’t mind being in the photos if you want, but I’m not sure I want the bentos to be. I mean no one is going to really know what they are. You should stick to the sandwiches.” Kokuro argued. Her cheeks were very lightly blushed because Amanda kept calling the bento boxes she made cute and adorable.

As Amanda explained further she turned off the music and listened. “I see. But…I’m really not sure that the bentos would be appropriate.” Of course the woman continued to argue about not using the bentos in the photoshoot. This went on for a little while until Kokuro finally gave in and agreed to show them how to make the octopi hotdogs, bunny apples, regular onigiri, and panda onigiri and how to properly fill a bento box.

As they began to discuss how the shoot would go Kokuro spotted her roommate Paige heading for the stairs. She had meant to ask her earlier if she wanted some onigiri or a bento since she was making them for her theater group. “Excuse me.” The woman said, separating herself from the trio.

Walking down the hall she caught up with her roommate. “Hey Paige, did you want onigiri or a bento? I’m making some and have plenty if you do.” It wasn’t often she offered to do these kinds of things, but the two got along alright and they stayed out of each other’s way. For that Kokuro was appreciative so doing this kind of thing was a way for her to say thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her face was still red and she knew it. How embarrassing. I’m probably just being stupid because of that one time. She shook her head pushing away the unwanted memories. Calm yourself, he didn’t just turn you away so walk with him for a bit. As Nanami scolded herself she hardly heard what Cassius was saying to her. After a few moments she finally looked up at the man with a sheepish smile. “Thank you…it will help.” The petite woman’s gaze lowered as she looked at the ground almost as if she was ashamed. “I’ve had bad experience in the past. So it’s probably nothing.”

Taking a breath and regathering her thoughts she felt her nerves settling. She took a glance back, it seemed she had been wrong. Good. His comment and chuckle sent a new wave of heat over her face, her cheeks even redder than they had been. “Thank you I think. I know it was foolish, but it was also foolish for them to fight.” The look that formed on her face resembling one that a child would have when they are exasperated. It quickly faded. Teal orbs took in his features as they changed. It was always interesting to see how others expressions changed as they thought, they felt, or talked about different things.

“Me? Well I was supposed to meet a friend back there. They never showed up though so I guess their lab took longer than they expected it to.” Her stomached growled a bit reminding her she had yet to eat today. Thankfully it wasn’t audible. Nanami sighed lightly. “I should head to the cafeteria to grab something for lunch. What about you…?” They had walked for a while at this point and she hadn’t realized she never introduced herself.

The blonde chuckled lightly shaking her head. “I’m so sorry. Here you are going along with me and being nice and I never asked your name or gave you mine.” Unlinking their arms she moved to in front of him, turning to walk backwards. Nanami smiled, looking up at the taller Cassius. “I am Nanami Lueking. It’s nice to meet you.” She offered him her hand, doing her best to ignore the fact that her cheeks were probably still flushed. At least her nerves had calmed. “Also I apologize for my silly request and disturbing you. Thank you for just going along with it.”

Last edited by blueblackrose; 02-29-2016 at 05:21 AM..