Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 02:37 PM

Ugh, bringing your kid to work every day isn't exactly the responsible thing to do. Yikes. I do wonder about people sometimes. Like seriously, where is your head at that you think that is all right? It should bug a normal person that the SO is doing that. At least you get Joe back a bit earlier than originally planned.

Had no idea that co-op preschools were a thing. Wonder if they have them here in Arizona. There are charter schools, so I imagine they have co-op schools as well. However, you're right, the price for starting is ridiculous. They should give you a two to three week trial to see how you like there. You pay a reduced price and if you like it there, you are charged a deposit that helps make up for the reduced price you paid prior and then you start paying the regular amount going forward.

Kind of sad and ridiculous that everything depends on money now. No bartering for goods back forth with your neighbor or grocer, it's all currency.

How are things going with the mommy play date crew you and Evee were seeing a couple of days a week? Have they started including you in more stuff, or is it still the cold shoulder?

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-14-2016, 03:47 PM

Not only is it unprofessional, but its an ARMORY. At any given time there is usually at least one gun laying around because its being cleaned or repaired. Sure the ammo is locked away, but there should be safety concerns with having an unsupervised minor around. Supposedly they had signed the kid up for summer camp and it fell through. This SO just transferred here about a month ago, so I was understanding at first because PCSing is such a hectic time. But then I found out that the family has been here for 5+ years! The SO was in the middle east, so they stayed here, and then he was priority 1 and came back. So really there is no excuse for the kid not being in summer camp. Except they are being cheap.

I had never heard of co-op schools before either. I don't know if its a new fad or what. I mean, its not really necessary but I figured Evee would enjoy the social aspect of it. As it is when we are out at a store, if she sees another kid she goes running up to them and wants to play. Its very sweet.

I haven't seen the play group in a while. They just added another mom so we have 2 boys in the group now. I went raspberry picking with one mom a couple of weeks ago, but thats about it. The summer months are a bit harder since there is so much going on, and people are going on trips or having family visit. I've gotten to point now where I don't really care. It was just hard to get that reality check that your friendship wasn't as valued as you thought it was.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 05:10 PM

Straight up a safety concern. Sheesh. No going around the SO to report the issue to someone higher up? Or would that label Joe as a trouble maker and hurt any further advancements? You'd think that gun safety is priority number one these days with all the bullshit going down in the world.

Living here, when we finally do spawn, charter schools is the route we'll be taking for education. Got some of the best charter schools here and they are relatively cheap to attend. There is an initial $350 deposit that you get back at the end of the four years, you do have to pay for books, but that's a small expense to pay when the kid will be taking almost exclusively college prep and AP classes their entire time they attend. Not that the public schools here aren't just as good, in fact, if your student fails a core class there is a charge for them to take summer school. Summer school is not free here in Arizona. They do this to make the parents more active in the student's life and ensure they pass their classes the first time. Certain classes can cost $125 for summer school.

Hurts when friendship is not reciprocated to the same level that you have put into it. Had a few of those here. Hopefully you will find some worthwhile people to hang out with soon. If I lived closer, we could totally hang.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-14-2016, 07:34 PM

Dude, if you lived closer we would constantly be in trouble. LOL!

I haven't even looked into higher schooling yet. Just the preschool level seemed overwhelming. Plus I don't want to waste time researching when we may be living in a different state when Evee starts school. But we should be back in Washington for the serious schooling.

Ugh... Apparently I've caught a head cold. I feel terrible, and can barely think straight even without any meds. At least Joe should be home tonight, but I have absolutely no energy to clean up right now.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-14-2016, 08:08 PM

Probably true! Give us a couple of Starbucks and the shenanigans would definitely take over. Do miss living close to you though. Perhaps someday in the future.

Higher schooling seems rather far off right now, need to worry about it just yet. I only mentioned the charter schools because they are so plentiful out here. They have charter preschools.

Head cold in the summer...no bueno. Hope you get some relief soon and when you aren't feeling good, you don't have to be mom of the year clean. It'll be there when you have the energy to tackle it.

Just curious...what do you think of my outfit right now? Would that be a place you'd want to sip champagne at and watch the sun go down and the moon come up?

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-16-2016, 04:01 AM

This cold is kicking my butt. Thankfully since I wasn't the only adult in the house last night I was able to take some Nyquil and really pass out. But any good that did was probably negated by getting dragged out in public to catch Pokemon. Seriously, I'm tired, sick, and now I'm standing in the hot sun with a 25 lb toddler on my back and you wonder why I'm getting bitchy?

I like it. The whole no body avatar thing is kind of weird to me, but yours does look nice. Just need a nice chaise to lounge on. And maybe a few more bottles. ;D OOH! Bongo drums! HA!!!! Remember that game? Freakin classic...

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-18-2016, 02:38 PM

Can't imagine why'd you be crabby...nothing like hauling twenty five pounds around on your back. Was it you and Joe out there collecting the Pokemon?

Not sure we have any chaise lounge chairs here on Menewsha, could look for one. And yes! I still talk about that game! Hell, that whole weekend! One of the best birthdays ever!!!!!

Never letting Joe live down his performance.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-19-2016, 01:52 AM

Yeah, we both play the game, but he is way more into it and further along than me. Case in point, we went to a park last night and he disappears to go stand near a gym for like 20 minutes. Totally phone in face not paying attention to anything else. Meanwhile I'm catching the occasional pokemon while watching Evee and keeping up with her. We actually went off down a trail and he had no idea we had left. Its sad really. But its not the games fault. Its something we've had issues with for a while.

I have a feeling we will be reminiscing about that weekend even when we are in wheelchairs! Totally legendary.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-19-2016, 02:56 PM

Wow. I didn't realize that he would disappear into the games that badly. Hopefully he doesn't do that with her when they are alone...Toddlers can do a whole lot of damage in just two minutes of unsupervised time. Not sure how, but they do.

Maybe having the kiddo will help him realize that disappearing down into a game, losing track of time and space isn't possible anymore. Or you don't see that happening anytime soon? Kind of set in his ways?

When we're old and senile, sitting in the nursing home together, I have no doubt that you and will try to re-enact that weekend on almost daily. One of the greatest memories to have...here's to hoping that the Alzheimer disease doesn't eat that brain cell.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-19-2016, 03:46 PM

Yeah, we've had it out before about it. There was one point (before Pokemon go came out) that he would come home just before dinner, phone in his face. He would eat dinner with is phone still in hand, and then either disappear upstairs, or sit on the couch and continue to use his phone and ignore everything else. I let it go for a bit, but one night I asked him a question only to be totally ignored. I tried again a little later desperate to have some sort of adult conversation for the day. Again I was ignored. So I decided to head to bed early. I asked him if he could take care of the dog, and I'm ignored. I asked again, and got a grunt. So I asked him for more confirmation than a grunt, and he looks up totally clueless and asks me "what?" That was the final straw. I lost it. The next day he made a point of not looking at his phone until after Evee went to bed, but that only lasted a couple of days.
Thankfully, the one thing that has stuck is that there are no phones allowed at the dinner table. Its not much, but its better than it was.

I would hope that if he was alone in public with Evee he would make her a priority. But him taking her out alone pretty much never happens. If she goes out I'm with her. There have been a few times I've run out alone, but they are always at home which is pretty much the safest place she could be. Back in April I worked a consignment sale for 4 hours, and he watched her. When I left he was in his pjs on the couch, and when I got back he was still there pjs and all.

Oh well, he leaves again Sunday.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-19-2016, 05:26 PM

That still sucks. Pretty much makes you a single parent because the other one can't leave his damn cell phone alone. I will say this about Rodd, for not working, he doesn't disappear into his video games and it's only been recently that he has a cell phone again and he doesn't disappear into that. I would be seriously tempted to rip the phone from his hands and chuck it at the hardest surfaces near by. It's call human interaction for a reason. Yikes. Do you enforce the "no cell phone at the table rule" if you are out eating in a restaurant?

Truly I get that men don't get more active in their kid's lives until they can do more things on their own, but this seems over the top. He's not punishing you because you wanted to have a kiddo is he? Seems rather passive aggressive if that is his intent.

I was looking at ticket prices to see what it would cost to fly up there, about $300 for round trip. Not terrible. Don't have the vacation time like I used to have with the bank. Darn. Might to wait until the next Holiday rolls around and see what I can do then. Not sure what the next holiday I get is...

Sounds like you could use a friend...will do my best to come up for a weekend. We can get in trouble then and afterwards, blame it on the toddler.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-19-2016, 07:46 PM

Hahaha! That would be great. I think all the stress of this lawsuit against the former tenant is really effecting me too. I will be very happy to have a court order and be done with it. She is such a toxic person.

Joe's excuse is that its his way of unwinding after working all day. Aside from the Pokemon game he's now on the majority of his phone time is spent talking on forums, in Slack (which is like messanger but for large groups, and reading articles. We rarely eat out, but when we do I try to keep him off the phone. Leading up to the big fight about phone use we were at a restaurant that is attached to a game shop. They actually had a lending library and encouraged diners to borrow or learn a new game while eating. I was pretty excited when he suggested it because we never play games together anymore. Well, he spent the entire time on his phone and I sat there feeling miserable while looking around seeing every other table smiling and laughing while playing games and eating. It was a pretty low point for sure.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-20-2016, 03:35 PM

I guess every couple has its issues, but his disconnect from you two as a couple seems pretty hurtful to you. I totally understand about wanting to unwind from a day at work, usually that's the twenty minute car ride for me. Allows me a chance to shed the work skin and come home with a clear mind, ready to interact with my spouse.

Sorry to hear he ruined one of your rare trips out. To bad you can't hit him upside the head with a two by four...domestic violence laws these days are just so strict.

Shenanigans will definitely happen. Just have to sit down and look at bills and money. Being an adult sucks.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-21-2016, 02:17 AM

Yeah the whole dealing with bills thing stinks.

Today was pretty fun. Evee and I met the play group at a new park, ran a few errands. And then we broke in our "new to us" pool. Its one of the large heavy plastic pools that is actually meant to go under a slide. Its so big for a kiddie pool! (Like almost 6 ft long) Of course Evee loved it. The water was a little cool, but I couldn't get her out of it. We took a break and Joe actually came home early so we all ended up back in the pool. Then after dinner Joe pulled up the first episode of Pokemon. Evee LOVED it. Pikachu gets really hurt in the episode and she was literally on the brink of tears! Now she keeps asking for a "chi-chu" toy. lol

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-21-2016, 02:26 PM

I saw your picture of her in the pool on Facebook. She looked so cute with her hat! Wow, never heard of a kiddie pool being that large, but hey, all the more room to play and have fun in. Cold water is not going to stop a kiddo from jumping in and having a good time. Never stopped me anyways.

Hooray! Perhaps this is where Joe starts seeing the potential for him to share and bond with Evee. Might help pull him back to the here and now. Granted she is a little young to learn the finer points of playing a game, however, ya gotta start somewhere. Expose her now to the stuff you two enjoy and she'll follow suit, like a good nerd in training. I say that with all the love for the both of you.

Hmm, I think I have some money left on an Amazon gift card...there could be a "chi-chu" toy on the way for her...

Update: This should be arriving on Saturday: https://www.amazon.com/Pikachu-20-In...=pikachu+plush

You're welcome. It's almost as big as she is...should be interesting.

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 07-21-2016 at 02:36 PM..

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-21-2016, 03:24 PM

Aww, thank you <3 I'm sure she will love it. I'll make sure to take some pics and post them on Facebook when she gets it.

He has his good moments for sure. Like they love playing Legos together. Either him helping her with her Duplo, or he will be doing one of his sets at the table and she will insist on sitting at the table with him and building alongside with her Duplo blocks. Its so adorable. But we will have moments like that when I have so much hope, and then suddenly he turns super selfish. I don't know what triggers it.

I know, I was so surprised when I saw how large it was! I bought it off of a local mom through our Facebook group for only $10. Because of the size her husband ended up delivering it too. I was so grateful. The community here is pretty amazing.

---------- Post added 07-21-2016 at 08:58 AM ----------

Woohoo! Romantic Valentine and Birthday Celebration can be checked off the list!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-21-2016, 05:40 PM

Not that I am comparing your husband to a toddler, but let's be honest...men has giant children at the best of times, he could be learning that he does have to share and suddenly he doesn't want to share anymore, hence the selfish spurts. I dunno. Not excusing his behavior, trying to find a rational explanation for it.

There are times when I worry that Rodd will do messed up stuff to our future kids because it's funny. Not that he wants to be mean to the kiddo, just that watching them get hit by a big ball is hilarious. And I am even more afraid I will laugh out loud instead of getting upset at him for doing it.

Well that was cool the husband delivered it to your house. Most people say you have to come get it. That's how it happened when Lindsay bought Collin a plastic playhouse thing. Thankfully I had the truck and could get it for her. Otherwise we would have had to borrow her husband's truck and Joey can get possessive of his truck. Men and their toys, oi.

Sweet! I should look at your front page and see what you are going after. Terrible of me to have not really looked at your quest items. Derp.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-22-2016, 04:03 PM

I think thats pretty valid thinking. Thinking back to pre-baby years I realized that I catered to him A LOT. Which is bad because then I feel like its my fault for spoiling him in a way. But its not my fault.

I wouldn't worry too much. After spending so much time caring for and keeping them alive you tend to not do things that can harm them.

I think the lady took pity on me a bit since I showed up alone with the idea that I would strap the pool to the top of Joe's suv. It also helped that I live near the highway out of town, so it wasn't too far out of the way. We played in the pool a bit more yesterday after being out all day, and then I grilled some steaks, corn and cherry tomatoes for dinner. Usually Joe does the grilling, but he had a late day so I tackled it. I could have cooked the corn a bit more, but nothing was charcoal so I call it a success. lol

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-24-2016, 06:36 PM

Seeing as how it is only Rodd right now, I can see how catering to your husband happens and how that dynamic could definitely with the introduction of a small screaming being.

Very true, sometimes you do just sit back and watch them do stupid stuff so they can learn for themselves. Especially when they have absolutely no spacial awareness. It kills me. Collin bounced off the hallway wall yesterday and since he was naked, when he skid across the hardwood floor it made this wet skin noise. Funniest damn thing I have ever seen in my life. Naturally he is fine until mom asks what happened and he starts crying. Such a booger.

The kindness of random people never ceases to amaze me sometimes.

Cooking on the grill has always been a bit intimidating to me. Got over that real quick when we were up at the cabin, crash course in learning.

Non-charcoal food is a good thing. Mmmm, grilled corn sounds good...

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-25-2016, 03:54 AM

Oh yeah, I am totally the mom that cheers and claps when a kid falls down. I get looked at like I'm a psychopath, but when my kid falls down she just brushes the dirt off and goes back to playing. Unlike on of the other kids in our playgroup who acts like the world is ending. Not only does she cry, but she does that silent wind up for a really long time. Her face is damn near purple by the time any sound comes out.

Dropped Joe off at the airport this morning. Wasn't too bad until I went to pull away and Evee started balling and calling for him. Its pretty heartbreaking. But she had "Chi-Chu" to keep her company in the car. ;)

Like the new look. Is the hair an item?

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-25-2016, 02:13 PM

One of the things I have done with Collin when he fell was to ask him, are you bleeding? If the answer was no, I told him to keep on doing what he was doing. Worked most of the time. Honestly, he never had any blood incidents with me. There was a couple of times when he was still littler and learning how to walk that he took a nice tumble and domed himself on the hardwood floor. Those times he was beet red and screaming. Naturally mom was there so I am sure the crying was more for her than him. Lindsay is such a wimp when it comes to that stuff. Plus he is a boy, bumps, scraps and scratches are cool.

Poor kiddo, glad she had her stuffed friend to make the separation easier. How does she do when you drop her off at your parent's house for a visit and you two leave?

The hair is an item, comes in two other shades, grey and reddish grey color (best way to describe it) I believe. The item it comes from is Indra's Storm.

I love the backgrounds from Squishy Space Protector and they so rarely get used by people.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-26-2016, 02:36 AM

Yeah, they definatley take their ques from Mom. After dropping Joe off at the airport we went to the mall nearby and I let her play in the play center they have. There was a very obvious new mom who came in with an 8 month old that she was trying to make walk. Then when Evee took a little tumble the lady flipped out like it was her own kid. Meanwhile, I'm clapping and telling her good job. ^^; Oh yeah, great mom right here. LOL.

She does well with my parents. Granted we've only left her with them like 3 times. But she knows that they are her grandparents and dote on her so much that she loves every minute with them. I actually just called my mom to see if they will be home this weekend so we can see them. For once, they will be home, but she told me I can't bring Coco to their house. So I don't know what I'm going to do. She's getting too old for me to leave her at home for a super long time, and the last time I dropped her off at a boarder she was so stressed she got really sick.

I'm getting really annoyed with FedEx now. I called the customer service number and opened a claim regarding the missing package. The girl told me that they would send it to the local office and call the driver who delivered it. I was supposed to get a phone call with some sort of update within 2 hours or less. Well, its been 7.5 hours and my phone never rang. I was home all day Thursday and Friday. The doorbell never rang and no one knocked on the door. So I'm 99% sure they delivered it to the wrong house.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-26-2016, 03:09 PM

At least you distracted her enough to forget that daddy left. It's what I did with Collin when Lindsay would leave in the morning. After the first week I didn't even have to distract him, he'd just wave and say bye.

That mom probably thought you were on crack or something, clapping and telling your child it's all right that she fell down. Toddlers have big heads and not very good balance, it's inevitable that they will take a tumble or two. Pure scientific fact right there.

Why doesn't your mom want Coco over at the house? Does she not play nice with the other dogs? No way to leave her outside? Or does she bark the entire time she is alone?

Fucking FedEx. Hopefully they get back to you soon, if not, let me know. I'll give them a call and see if I can't get them moving since I am the sender and they are suppose to ensure that my delivery arrives to the correct destination. There are enough pitfalls in this world without FedEx not delivering to the correct address.

And what does that say about your neighbors? One of them received a package that was clearly not for them and they didn't take back to FedEx or bring it to you. I say you go around looking at your neighbor's cars to see who is sporting a new Disneyland 60th Anniversary license plate frame.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-26-2016, 04:14 PM

Well to be fair, the package that was delivered incorrectly before (by USPS) appeared on my doorstep with a note. They had opened it, but everything was still there and sealed.

I called FedEx again this morning since I never heard from anyone else yesterday. The corporate person put me in touch with the local office worker who is investigating my case. Talk about totally unprofessional. She gets on the phone and doesn't introduce herself, just asks 'What do you want?" So I explain that I never received the package and I'm following up since I was never called yesterday. Her replay was " Well, a lot of drivers have Monday off. I didn't call you because I didn't have an answer." Really? If your policy is to call someone within a certain time period, you should do it. Even if you don't have an answer, it would have been nice to at least know that someone is working on it. But I bit my tongue, and just let her continue trying to excuse her laziness. Supposedly she was going to find the driver and have him describe where he left the package. Whatever good that will do. Before getting off the phone I asked for her name, because you know damn well I'm keeping track of everyone I've talked to. But this is what irks me. I asked for a number to call her or the office directly instead of going through the corporate service center. She refused! She said she wouldn't give it to me, and if I needed to call again to jump through the same hoops. $10 says I don't get a call back from her today.

My mom doesn't have a problem with Coco. Apparently this is Bear's decision. Of course, it doesn't help that Sadie is in heat and so they are dealing with that. I would feel bad for them, but it was their choice to have a large dog, not spay her, and then live in a house with white carpets. I could tell on the phone that my mom was not happy to tell me Coco wasn't welcome. We've stayed over a couple of times and they settle down just fine. If anything Sadie is the biggest problem because she's so big and jumps on everyone. She's knocked Evee over several times, and pounced on Coco's back once that earned her a nip. It just sucks because I would love to spend the night there instead of traveling the 2 hours back home the same day.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-26-2016, 05:22 PM

I love your mom and Bear, but sometimes I look at them like a dog looks at you when they've heard a strange noise...head tilted to the side with the silent "what the hell" look on my face. Do they want to breed Sadie and that is why they haven't had her fixed? Or they just don't want to get her fixed? So confused.

And the jumping...most people don't want to be jumped by a large dog when coming into someone's house, you'd think Bear would squash that behavior real quick. Especially when there are smaller human beings around, a hyper dog can do some stuff to a kiddo they don't mean to do.

Royally sucks making that trip by yourself there and back in the same day. Almost makes you rethink going, yet I know you want to see the parental units and give Evee time with them as well.

See! Rude people in customer service positions should be immediately reprimanded for their shit attitudes. If you get the chance to fill out a survey after this whole encounter definitely point out the failings of this individual. Perhaps better training and a talking to will adjust their attitude and how they deal with customers. Granted we all have bad days, that's no excuse to drag your crap attitude to work with you, especially when answering customer questions and complaints. In this case FedEx is obviously in the wrong. They lost the package, just own up to the mistake and tell us how you are going to make it right. Don't care about the other stuff, just want the solution.

People at work today are being super pushy and it has me about ready to lash out at them. The other Assistant in Apache Junction e-mailed me to print some checks for her file because they don't have a check printer installed yet. No big deal, except I wasn't able to print them right away and she just called to make sure I got her e-mail and printed the checks. Calm down, the phones have been crazy and other issues rolling in, printing checks wasn't high on the priority list. And I did respond to her e-mail about the checks saying I would get them printed shortly. Impatience at its best.