Rie Frails
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-04-2008, 01:27 AM

Welcome to Besnik(meilin)'s journal for Jia MingZhu. Please do not post with meilin's permission, thank you.

Jia MingZhu comes from Tales of the Middle Country, a breedable/changing pet shop. To visit the main shop go here.

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 01:42 AM

..:: Table of Contents ::..
01 :: Rei's Post
02 :: Table of Contents
03 :: Rules
04 :: History
05 :: Profiles
06 :: Stages
07 :: Family Ties
08 :: Relationships
09 :: Role Playing Log
10 :: Photo Gallery
11 :: Inventory
12 :: Point Tally
13 :: Reserved
14 :: Reserved
15 :: Reserved

Last edited by meilin; 06-01-2008 at 06:19 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 01:44 AM

..:: Rules of the Journal ::..
1 :: Do not post here unless you have been given permission to post.

2 :: If given permission to post, posts should be kept relevant to the shop. I would prefer that there be little to no OOC posts in my journal.

3 :: Do not steal or borrow any of the images. Tales of the Middle Country official images belong to Tooaya, the owner. All other artwork belongs to the artist that drew it.

4 :: Rules are subject to change at any point if I feel it necessary.

Last edited by meilin; 06-01-2008 at 06:20 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 01:56 AM

..:: History ::..
05.03.08 :: Artifact received from shop.
05.05.08 :: Wrote a random self-RP. [link]
05.18.08 :: Wrote a random self-RP. [link]
06.06.08 :: Jia MingZhu grew to her enhanced stage.
06.07.08 :: Wrote a self-RP [link]
06.21.08 :: Started an RP with Charles. [link]
08.01.08 :: Started an RP with Min [link]
(( Basically a time line of events in the artifact's life. ))

Last edited by meilin; 08-02-2008 at 06:11 AM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:02 AM

..:: Profiles ::..

Besnik Rosenford

Brief Bio
Besnik lives with his father. His mother died when he was little, and he doesn't remember much about her. From time to time, he recalls little glimpses of his mother, but it's usually just a feeling and nothing more.

Appearance
He has short dark hair that's usually in a disheveled state from running around a lot. He stays pretty lean from all the running. He has tanned skin because he likes to sit around outside a lot. His eyes are brown with flecks of gold in them.

(( This is my OC who buys Jia Mingzhu. I shall be slowly updating the information about him as I think it up. ))
Jia Mingzhu
Stage :: Enhanced

Brief Bio
Jia is the spirit of a young maiden who received the fan from her mother before she died. Jia treasured the gift as her last memory of her late mother.

Personality
She is a fairly shy spirit and often hides her blushes behind her fan. She is soft spoken, finding it hard to speak her mind most of the time. Despite her shy nature, she is rather curious about all sorts of things. Her curiosity sometimes overrides her shyness when she stumbles upon something she find interesting.

Artifact Background
Fans were used throughout society in China and were also part of the social status for the Chinese people. Specific types of fans were used by individuals of specific status and gender. Folding fans came to fashion in China during the Ming dynasty. The slats made of ivory, bone, mica, mother of pearl, sandalwood, or tortoise shell were carved and covered with paper or fabric. The management of the fan became a highly regarded feminine art. The fan was even used as a weapon known as the iron fan, or tie shan in Chinese. Even today, the fan continues to be an important cultural symbol and popular tourist souvenir.

(( Information on bone folding fans taken from wikipedia.com. ))

Last edited by meilin; 08-01-2008 at 11:28 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:08 AM

..:: Stages ::..

[imgleft]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb108/kazuzak/totmc/tjmA.png[/imgleft] -==Artifact==-
The magical experience begins by obtaining an artifact from the shop. Some will look very old and outdated, while the others might look more modern. Whichever is the case, the artifacts are dormant at this stage. You have the choice to either sell it to an antique dealer or keep it...
[imgleft]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb108/kazuzak/totmc/tjmB.png[/imgleft] -==Enhanced==-
For whatever reason you have kept the artifact with you, and one day you find that smokes are coming out of the artifact! No, no water...it's not on fire, don't worry. But at this point, surely you'd want to take this thing back to Kirin and return it because it creeps you out, right? No??
-==Sprite==-
So somehow you managed to not throw this haunted artifact away... Well what about now? Waking up today you find a little creature sitting next to/on top of/around/within your artifact! And WTF it talks! Although really...all it can say is Chinese...you might want a translator for it, or choose to throw the thing away. Oh but wait! Why is this thing still here?? You were sure that you had buried it somewhere far away! Looks like this little thing is stuck on you...Maybe it would be helpful to ask Kirin what to do.
-==Spirit==-
At this stage your little artifact creature has grown to the point that it is able to go around without carrying the artifact. Depending on your decision, it might speak a little English...but that's not for sure. Oh well, at least you have a companion in your life? You still can't touch them though...
-==???==-
If you really are attached to your spirit, then perhaps you should consult Kirin to preform a mortalization on your artifact. Who knows what happens afterwards...
(( Stages information taken from Tales of the Middle Country shop's front page. ))

Last edited by meilin; 06-07-2008 at 05:47 AM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:10 AM

..:: Family Ties ::..

Nadya Rosenford
Relation :: Mother

Brief Bio
A pretty woman when she was alive, Nayda married young and gave birth to a son. She collected lots of little knick-knacks, her most precious one being a bone folding fan. She died shortly after her son's birth from a tumor in her brain. Even after being diagnosed, she didn't let it faze her and spent the rest of her days happily caring for her son.
Jonathan Rosenford
Relation :: Father

Brief Bio
Jonathan met his wife in college. It was one of those love-at-first-sight moments. Their courtship was quick and they married before graduating from college. He became a rather successful business man. He loves his son a great deal. But he misses his wife. Her death nearly tore him apart. If not for their son, he might have lost himself in sorrow. He acts rather overprotective of his son, who resembles his late wife far more than himself. That resemblance sometimes makes it hard for him to get close to his son because it hurts to see his wife in his son.

Last edited by meilin; 06-07-2008 at 10:47 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:13 AM

..:: Relationships ::..

Charles :: A fellow high school student that he met one day when they bumped into each other. They get along well, and Charles has agreed to tutor him in poetry.

Last edited by meilin; 06-26-2008 at 07:04 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:14 AM

..:: Role Playing Log ::..
[link] :: Besnik stumbles upon the shop and finds a bone folding fan that he decides to purchase. (Obtainment self-RP)
[link] :: Besnik returns home after buying the fan and manages to avoid a grounding from his father. (Self-RP)
[link] :: Besnik talks with his father during dinner. (Self-RP)
[link] :: Besnik seeks out his father's help with homework, but he notices something odd about the fan. (Enhancement self-RP)
[link] :: Besnik receives a low mark on his poetry assignment and ponders getting a tutor. (RP with Charles)
[link] :: Besnik runs into Min one gloomy, rainy morning.

Last edited by meilin; 08-02-2008 at 06:13 AM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:16 AM

..:: Photo Gallery ::..

Last edited by meilin; 06-01-2008 at 06:31 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:18 AM

..:: Inventory ::..
A collection of items that Besnik has acquired.

Last edited by meilin; 06-01-2008 at 06:33 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:21 AM

..:: Point Tally ::..
1 :: Completing the journal .. 0 (x10)
2 :: Post in the shop thread .. 35 (x1)
3 :: A journal entry .. 1 (x5)
4 :: An ORP post .. 0 (x2)
5 :: Completion of a private RP .. 1 (x10)
6 :: Participation in an RP event .. 0 (x10)

Total :: 050
-==Point System==-
[X] Artifact => Enhanced : 20 points
[X] Enhanced => Sprite: 50 points
[_] Sprite => Spirit: 200 points (+ self-RP + PRP with Kirin)
[_] Spirit => ??? : a lot pf points...

Last edited by meilin; 06-26-2008 at 07:03 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:22 AM

..:: Reserved ::..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:23 AM

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:25 AM

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-04-2008, 02:28 AM

..:: Accidental Discovery ::..
"Get back here!"

The shout only made him run faster down the street, weaving through the crowd. The older boys couldn't keep up with him. They fell behind, getting stopped by people in their way. He rushed into the first open store that he could find. Ducking behind the display shelves, he took the moment to catch his breath.

Why do they always chase after me? Besnik wondered, risking a peek around the shelves to glance out the window. He didn't see the older boys. I didn't even do anything. His lower lip jutted out in a pout. Stupid bullies. They think just because I'm smaller that they can pick on me. A silly grin plastered itself on his face. At least I'm faster than they are.

After some time had passed, Besnik climbed back to his feet. By now, the older boys had to have given up the search for him. He sighed and paused when something caught his eyes. He made his way over to a shelf lining the wall and stared at the fan with slates of carved white bone. A faint memory tried to wiggle its way to the front, but as soon as he thought he had a hold of it, the memory vanished. He frowned, fingers ghosting over the edge of the fan.

I thought I almost remembered her, he thought sadly. But I bet Father will like it. He picked up the fan and carefully slid the slats closed. Looking around, he spied someone in the back of the store. He headed over to the person to inquire about purchasing the fan.

Last edited by meilin; 06-01-2008 at 06:34 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-06-2008, 02:44 AM

..:: A Late Gift ::..
Besnik slipped into his house, trying to be as quiet as possible. He was late again, and he knew if his father caught him sneaking in that he would be in trouble. Carefully, he closed the door behind him. He felt the angry glare before noticing the shadow looming over him.

"Besnik!" his father shouted, making the teenager tense up. "Where have you been? You were supposed to be home hours ago. It shouldn't take you this long to walk home from school."

"Sorry, Papa," Besnik mumbled as he dropped his gaze to the floor. "I didn't mean to be so late." He shifted nervously from foot to foot. "It's just..." He trailed off, feeling silly for what he had been about to say.

"It's just what?" His father folded his arms as he waited for the explanation.

"It's just that, well-" Besnik sighed as he unslung his book bag from his shoulder. He certainly wasn't going to tell his father about any of the bullies at school. Unzipping the book bag, he reached in and retrieved the item that he had purchased. "I saw it, and it made me think of Mama." He unfolded the fan, showing off the delicately carved bone slats of the fan.

His father sighed when he saw the fan. It looked almost exactly like the one that his wife used to own. But his wife's fan had been broken many years ago. He patted his son on the head. "I'll let it slide this time, but I don't want you making a habit out of coming home late. Now hurry up and wash up for dinner."

With a nod and a smile, Besnik trotted down the hallway to the bathroom. He paused as he passed the living room. They kept a little shrine there to remember his mother. He walked over to it and placed the new fan beside the old one.

"Happy birthday, Mama," he whispered softly.

Last edited by meilin; 06-01-2008 at 06:34 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 05-19-2008, 02:52 AM

..:: Dinner Talks ::..
Besnik poked around at the food on his plate, glancing up from under his unruly bangs. Sitting across from him, his father seemed not to notice the quick looks. Eventually, Besnik sighed as he set his fork down and pushed the plate aside. "Dad," he said, breaking the silence as he folded his arms on the table top.

His father finally looked away from the newspaper that he was reading and turned his attention onto his son. "You haven't finished your dinner," he said with a frown. "If you want to grow taller, you should eat your vegetables."

Besnik made a face. He didn't like eating the vegetables that his father made because they always ended up slightly burnt. "Don't you think it's time I get my license?"

His father sighed and rested his head in his hand. "I can't afford to buy you a car right now."

"And that means I can't get my license?" Besnik frowned as his brow creased. "You don't drive your car all the time. I can use that from time to time. And I can put some of my own money aside to save up for a car." He gave his father a hopeful look.

"I'll have to think it over," his father replied. He folded up the newspaper to picked up his plate. "Finish up your dinner-"

"Then clean the dishes and do my homework," Besnik answered with a roll of his eyes. "I know." He sighed and drew the plate toward him again. Picking up the fork, he stabbed it into one of the burnt asparagus. He wrinkled his nose at it before eating it and cringing at the taste.

His father carried his plate over to the sink. After a glance back at his son, he left the kitchen to get some work done.

When his father was gone, Besnik glanced into the other room. He could just see the table where they kept the shrine to his mother with the broken fan, that belonged to his mother, and the new fan, that he had bought at that shop as a present, sitting side by side. He tried to remember his mother, what lift was like make then, but not even a glimmer of memory sparked in his mind. Sighing, he turned back to his dinner and finished off the last of the vegetables.

Last edited by meilin; 06-01-2008 at 06:35 PM..

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 06-07-2008, 11:24 PM

..:: Smoke Signals ::..
Besnik sighed as he left his room. He glanced down at the book in his hands and sighed again. He was supposed to analyze a bunch of poems and write a summary of what he though the poet was trying to say for an English assignment. Unfortunately, poetry was his worst subject. No matter how many times that he read over the poems, they still sounded like gibberish to him.

"Papa?" Besnik called out as he looked into his father's study, but the man wasn't there. Frowning, he went to search the rest of the house. His father wasn't in his bedroom or the kitchen either. When he entered the living room, he found his father sitting on the couch as he read the newspaper. "Ah, here you are, Papa," he said as he plopped down onto the couch.

"Did you need something?" Jonathan asked as he folded the newspaper and set it aside. "I hope this isn't about getting your license. I already told you that I was thinking about it. And even if I say yes, I don't want you to start taking driving lessons until summer. I don't want it to distract you from your school work."

Besnik rolled his eyes before he let another sigh. "It's not about that," he said as he opened his book. "Do you know how to analyze poems? Because none of this makes any sense to me."

"Let me take a look." Jonathan plucked the book from his son's hands. He knew he wasn't the best at understanding poetry, that was more of something his wife would have excelled at. A frown settled on his face at that memory.

Besnik's brow wrinkled when he caught the look on his father's face. He knew what that look meant. His father was thinking about his late mother. Besnik glanced over at the shrine across the room. He started to turn back to his father when he did a double take.

His eyes grew wider as Besnik jumped to his feet. "Papa, it's on fire!" he shouted in alarm as he pointed to the shrine.

Jonathan glanced over to it, and his brow wrinkled. "That's just the incense," he said and patted the seat next to him for Besnik to sit again.

"No, Papa," Besnik started to argue but stopped and frowned. He stared at the shrine where a cloud of smoke loomed over the bone folding fans. Looking at it again, he realized that there was no fire anywhere to explain why there was any smoke beyond the thin swirling wisps rising from the incense sticks.

Am I seeing things? he wondered, slowly taking his seat again. He rubbed at his eyes with the heels of his palms. But when he looked again, the cloud of smoke remained. What's going on? Why can I see that smoke but Papa can't? There had to be some sort of explanation. Sighing, he leaned back against the couch and listened as his father tried to explain what the poem meant.