Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 06-20-2011, 01:56 PM

When the man left Scarlett knew he only did not wish to be friendly with her because of her position in things. She let out a long sigh and took another bite from her apple. Since the man had told Philip to leave as well, she knew she'd be alone quicker than she wanted to. If only there was someone on the ship that knew her problems, that wanted to help her. When she finished her apple she threw it away in the small barrel in the cell before finishing her cup of water as well.

"Well, Revoir Philip. Thank you for visiting me." She said, biting her lip and sinking down onto the floor beside her bunk on the wall. Tears instantly filled her emerald eyes, reminding her how much she hated being alone, being here, and thinking of all the possible ways they would kill her. "You know, the ending of that song is that her poor sailor boy is killed, so she kills herself as well." She whispered, looking out the porthole. Hopefully another visitor would come and see her so she wouldn't have to be in the quickening darkness alone.

Marquet gently led the ship the ways she needed to go in order to set sail for their destination, but as it got darker he then nodded to the men to put the anchor in. Once the boat was stopped he smiled to all of them. "Nice first day, you'll be up before sunrise tomorrow so you might wish to go to sleep now." He said, heading down the stairs from the poop deck and turning to the left to reveal the door to his quarters. Once he entered he gently shut the door behind him and went over to his bed, sitting down. He could vaguely hear Scarlett's voice, but he put his hands over his ears to drown her out. He laid back in his rather nice bed and closed his eyes, trying to sleep to the movements of the ocean.

((Ooooh, you should (: ))

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 06-20-2011, 04:36 PM

Saoirse trembled visibly as she scurried along. That man—he was a fierce one. Nothing she wasn’t used to, but, he was certainly an unpleasant standout from the others aboard. Toddling to the crew’s quarters, the brunette found herself shivering. The strong, dewy gusts of saltwater-laden wind that washed aboard the ship were far cold—or atleast, she wasn’t nearly wearing enough clothing on her back.

Teeth chattering together as she willed the Goosebumps on her skin away with a few rubs of her frigid hands, Saoirse quicken her pace. The faster she got to bed, the quicker she would warm up. Bowing her head to avoid being spotted by anyone, the brunette let her feet carry her to her new place of residence. “Blasted Captain…” She muttered when she took in the sight of men, and women, sprawled out amongst uncomfortable looking cots.

Approaching one of the unoccupied beds, Saoirse found herself rubbing the old, grimy duvet that was haphazardly thrown atop it. “Disgusting... this doesn't even look clean enough for Chummy to wipe his feet on.” Smoothing the coarse, soiled fabric beneath her fingertips, the brunette sighed. “Inutile, Capitaine gourmand...” Wiping her hands on her skirt, she carefully debated whether to say in the room and admit defeat; or to make a blasphemous complaint to Marquet. Though, he seemed to be an agreeable person, he wasn’t obligated to listen to her—or anyone’s ridiculous verbiage.

Swimming in her ponderings, the brunette made her way to the corner of the hall; where a lone, tattered knapsack sat, stuffed-to-the-brim with miscellaneous objects. Crouching over the bag, the brunette gently unclasped the latch on it, and opened it quietly to retrieve a few items from it; said items being a book and some fabrics. Glancing around the room to insure she wasn’t being watched, Saoirse hastily shrugged out of her current attire.

Bare as the day she was born, the brunette slipped into a pair of black trousers, though, given the size difference between herself and the man she stole the slacks from; they hung low on her pronounced hips. “I am definitely my mother’s daughter.” She joked to herself, while pulling on a long posh-looking, billowy white chemise to cover her exposed skin. Stepping back into her boots, Saoirse gathered her discarded clothes together and stuffed them back into the bag.

Redressed, she relocated the book and snuck out of the room. Making a beeline to the makeshift prison; where Saoirse decided to drop of the novelette. “If not for that man… I would not be making clandestine visits.” She bitterly regarded Fenris in her thoughts, as she huddled the book flush against her chest.

Trekking back into the holding area, Saoirse checked for any other visitors before creeping towards the girl. She couldn’t tell if she was asleep, or wallowing in despair, so she spoke up. “Mon ami…” Saoirse whispered. “I don’t know if anyone else is going to pay you a visit, so I can’t stay long…” Slipping the item in question through the bars, she turned to depart once more. “S'il vous plaît, lisez-le dans votre temps libre.” She requested for the girl to read the hardcover in her leisure time. “It kept my spirits high in my darkest hours. I hope it does the same for you.” With that, she left for the final time.

Chewing her lip as she scampered along, Saoirse was buzzing confidence—or atleast enough to nag the captain for better bedding. Letting her legs carry her quickly to Marquet’s lodging, the brunette smothered the embers of anxiety. Coming to a stop once she reached the door, Saoirse released a shaky breath, before raising her hand to knock on the door. Her knuckles scraped against the door—one, two, three times before letting her arm drop to her side.

(I think I like Scarlett a little too much. :))

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM

Alona made no noise as Fenris yanked them together, listening intently. A dark look flitted through her eyes, but she blinked and it was suddenly gone. "As you wish," she whispered in a seemingly surrendering tone, stepping back and putting her arms up in mock defeat as he walked by. however when Laiden passed, she returned the grin he gave her and chuckled to herself.

"Lovely making your acquaintance too," she said to herself with a hint of sarcasm invading her soprano voice, shaking her head and letting out a small sigh. Leaning against the banister wrapping around the deck of the ship, Alona's eyes narrowed as she thought about the strange, dark man. Frustration wrapped around her thoughts and she harshly banged her hand on the side of the ship.

Shaking his head as the two females teased him about his name, Philip rolled his large green eyes. "I hope you both know how to keep it a secret," he said and chuckled. Though he was completely serious in his remark. He didn't want anyone, and he meant anyone, to know of his identity as Davy Jones's grandson.

Glaring at the new man, Philip backed up. "Captain's orders, mate," he grumbled at him. Walking away, he chose two cots and threw a small bag belonging to him over one, and Alona's bag on the other over top of his. They were close to the exit of the hold, something Alona would want, but also in good range of Scarlett's cell.

Putting his hands behind his hand and closing his eyes, he focused on listening to the dark skinned man talk to the prisoner. He couldn't have too many ship mates getting close to her, it would get in the way of his plans. But was he himself getting too close as well? He had already revealed his name to her, as well as the other female crew member. They didn't seem much of a threat though.

As the dark skinned male walked away, Philip got up and made his way to the exit of the hold to get Alona. Knowing her, she would stay out there all night and through the next day. Passing the cell, his eyes lingered on Scarlett and he slowed his pace. "Well I've heard a few different endings to the song," he whispered to her, frowning as he saw her cry. "Please don't cry, hermoso," he pleaded in a velvet tone, using the Spanish word for beautiful woman, or just beautiful. He knew Spanish, as well as German thanks to Alona. "One of these nights, maybe tonight, I'll be back for you. I give you my word," he promised and winked at her.

Stepping back on deck, his eyes instantly spotted Alona, secluded to one section of the ship. Strolling to her at a leisurely pace, he reached her side and poked her. "Looks like someone's not a happy pirate," he teased.

The brunette jumped as her side was poked and she veered around, ready to attack any filthy scum of the ship. She rolled her eyes when she saw Philip. She punched him hard in the chest, not using near all of her strength, but enough to knock the wind out of him. "We may have a problem or two," she said in secretive regards to her plan, raising an eyebrow and sighing, running her fingers through her wind tousled locks of caramel.

"There is one male, dark skinned, who is a bit tougher and more fierce than the rest. But the boy..." She smiled thinking about the little boy. In truth, he reminded her much of her own brother. Before she was taken by Davy Jones, she had been an orphan in the streets of Germany. She had a little brother, who would have been in his teens now, who she protected with all her might. Philip had been roaming the streets as well, and saved her when a group of drunken, hardened pirates ganged up on her and her brother. He had dragged her away, but her brother didn't make it. She'd never known what happened to him, and every night she would be up, unable to sleep, blaming herself for not going back for him.

Clearing her throat, she began to make her way to the body of the ship. "We'll talk in the morning," she ended the conversation, thoughts of her brother no longer making her in the mood to speak. She passed the cell the prisoner was in and gave her a slight bow, meaning to show the girl she didn't think any less of her. Though one way or another, Alona would have her treasure. Afterwords, she'd go back to Germany and find those devilish pirates who possibly killed or captured her brother.

Grabbing her bag which was atop her claimed cot, thanks to Philip, Alona walked to the darkest, most isolated corner of the room. Slipping out of her clothes so she was in her birthday suit, she made sure she wasn't being watched. Pulling on a comfortable, cottony dress, she stood back up. It was what she would be sleeping in, but she didn't want to make her way to her cot like that. Light coming in through cracks of the ship's boards, as well as light from candlelight, shown on Alona's golden skin, lighting it up like a crystal. She slipped on a pair of dark, loose trousers which hung off the end of her hips, almost too big to even do that.

Retiring to her cot, her former clothes now shoved in the messenger bag she had stole from a lazy Spanish soldier, Alona expertly climbed a rope like ladder to her top bunk, her long body stretching across the shabby cot. At night, when the others were asleep, she would sneak up to the main deck, just for a peek of the night sea. It was one of her habits, and she often danced across the deck or gently sang, the soft thrum of crashing waves relaxing her so that when she went back to her cot, it was easier for sleep to lull her in to its gentle caress.

Philip followed Alona back down, shrugging as her walls closed up. When she was reminded of her brother, her guard came back up instantly. He was used to it, and a felt a twinge of pity for her. Of course he wouldn't let her know that, the female pirate despised when people felt bad for her.

Trudging back to the hold, he watched as Alona bowed to the prisoner. He nodded to her and made the gesture of tipping a hat he didn't have, smiling in hopes of lifting her moods just a bit. He passed Saorise, now in night attire, and smiled at her as well. She looked tired and a tad stressed, and Philip shook his head sympathetically.

In a brief moment, the dirty blond was on his cot, exhaustion taking over. He had had a long day, preparing the ship and getting his plans together with Alona. Sluggishly pulling off his shirt, Philip tossed it to the ground, hands behind his head as the gentle movement of the ship pulled him into a deep sleep.

((Sorry it's so long! There was so much to respond to and so much I wanted to put. And Esmee, I love your character! So fun to post to!))

Last edited by musikfreakx; 06-20-2011 at 05:00 PM..

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-20-2011, 05:22 PM

Scarlett nodded to Philip. "You may of heard other endings, but this ones the ending of my story." She said softly, meaning her death would come eventually. Either by her own hands or by the hands of one of those pirates. Her eyes lit up at his words, but she didn't want to be given false hope. When Saoirse came again she smiled, standing up to take the book from her. "Merci de me donner l'espoir (Thank you for giving me hope)" She said softly.

When the woman left again her tears continued. Now that the hold was dark from no one lighting candles for her, the only light coming in was from the porthole. She stood up and beat at the bars that kept her from escaping through the porthole and then sank back to the floor, sobbing and wallowing in her sadness. She often didn't cry, but being alone on a journey in which your about to die wasn't something she took kindly too. "Oh mother, If you could see me now from wherever you are." She whispered. "You'd be saying that I brought this on myself.." She said, running her hand through her dark wavy hair. She tucked the book under her dress in fear of someone taking the book from her.

Marquet sighed and sat up when he heard the knocking. He stood and went to his door, opening it for the beautiful woman. At first he was about to ask her harshly why she was here, but why turn a beautiful woman away from his bedroom? He then shook his thoughts away, clearing his throat. "What'd you come here for miss?" He asked softly. "You can come in if you like, a storms brewing on the sea." He said softly, looking out his large captains window. His room was elegantly styled with the best of what the French government had to offer. "Whats your troubles?" He asked, glancing back at her.

musikfreakx

Old 06-20-2011, 07:32 PM

((I may not be able to post for a few days. I'm going to my friend's, but at the latest I'll be back on Thursday and able to post! I can try posting while I'm at her house, but I don't know yet!))

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 06-20-2011, 08:29 PM

Saoirse had turned to leave when the door slid open, revealing the tall ravenette. Jumping at the sight of him, the brunette could see the exasperation bleeding into his fatigued expression; though, it was quickly dispelled with a shake of his head. Watching how his messy obsidian-colored tangles swayed, she felt her throat go dry. “I—uh—came to check on you? Make sure didn’t get into any trouble…” Wishing she could take back her joke as soon as it spilled from her lips, Saoirse debated whether she should have made this trek in the first place.

Accepting the captain’s invitation, she slipped inside the room quickly to avoid being seen by anyone lurking around. The last thing she wanted was for people to think she was bedding down with Marquet—not that she wouldn’t, if the given circumstances were different; she would definitely—“A storm…?” She parroted, stepping inside the spacious bedchamber. It was set up like any other high-class bedroom she had seen in her lifetime; a large bed with silky sheets and comfy-looking pillows, a finely crafted desk with matching chairs, and a large bureau that anchored to the floor to keep it from sliding around as they rode the waves…

Whomever he acquired this vessel from had great taste in furniture, Saoirse mused as she crept around the room. ‘He was asleep…’ She presumed, staring at the rumpled duvet. Glancing back to the captain, Saoirse let her shoulders sag. “I see that you’re saving the best for yourself…” Gesturing at the many expensive fixtures that decorated the room, the brunette put a hand on her hip. “I don’t know how you got everyone else to agree to this; but, when I signed on to be a part of your crew; you didn’t exactly tell me that we had a prisoner aboard!”

A frown painted was painted on her face, as she advanced on the Captain. “She’s just a child, and you’re just gonna kill her for fame? Are you daft, Marquet!? This is not what I agreed to!” Coming to a stop a few feet from the ravenette, Saoirse only then realized what she had said. What originally was going to be a little compliant about the crew’s quarters turned into a impassioned discussion about her contract—was she possessed!?

((=3 Have fun. *crosses fingers* And come back soon!))

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 06-21-2011, 06:05 AM

((Haha, Alona sneaking out to see the ocean. ;) Sweet. I will make sure she runs in to Laiden. L likes his company. :yes:

As for him meeting up with Scarlett: that might have to wait until the next night. Or . . . *thinks until she comes up with a solution* Let's change that up a bit.))

Fenris headed for his bunk in silence. He glared at the crewman who'd caused trouble earlier before sitting on his "bed." He didn't put much effort into stripping off his shirt and tucking it under his pillow. Allowing his guard to lower as he straightened out on his cot and breathed a short sigh. Sleep, Fenris. You need your energy. He promptly tuned out the other crew members as they started to come down to their shared quarters. It was going to be a loud night.
Fenris looked up to where Laiden was sleeping, listening to the youth's steady breathing for a long while before the sound lulled him to sleep. The broad-shouldered male was out before the anchor ever hit the bottom of the sea.

-

Laiden slowly rolled over and peered over the edge of his cot. Fenris was asleep. A boyish smile spread over the teen's face as he sat up and gathered his blanket about him. Somehow his decent was completely silent. Boots discarded on the floor, he ignored them as he passed by. His dark hair flit in the light breeze that came from the top deck - where he headed immediately. Wrapping his blanket about his shoulders, Joseph beamed quietly as the moon startled him. It was beautiful. Blue eyes full of wonder, he padded his way to the railing to look down at the dark waters that surrounded them.
Sea foam sprayed up and dampened his features, but the boy seemed to enjoy it. Licking the salt from his lips, Laiden leaned over the railing a bit more to see the chain that led to the anchor far below. With wide eyes he backed away and moved to the bow of the ship. It was moments before the wiry male was clutching the rigging loosely. Curled up amongst the ropes, he yawned and watched the light waves as they steadily grew larger.
He shivered as a thick cloud moved over the moon's light. Darkness chased away his happy thoughts to leave behind horrid memories.

"Joseph! Go!"
Struggling to his feet, the boy tried to run. Really, he did. He scrambled up, clawing his way back to the wagon. He didn't see the pirates that gathered there. There was blood. Pain. Sorrow. A flash of blades.
Something struck the back of his head and everything went black.

The pirates had just made port and were looking for easy prey. Sadly, they found it.
Laiden remembered one of the ugly men growling at him, and he raced toward his parents again. There was a scuffle: lots of blood, shouting, screaming. His mother's face drawn back in fear; father's gaze wide with pain. And more blood. Laiden was grabbed by the back of the shirt. He couldn't get away - he watched as a blade sprouted from his mother's chest. Her cry seared its way into his memory forever that night.
Shivering, Laiden blinked away a tear that threatened to slip down his cheek. He wiped it away before linking his arm amidst the rigging and burying his face in the blanket he'd brought with him. It was threadbare and worn, torn and stitched: it was his last bit of home. He could still remember it.

Laiden struggled his way back to the deck shakily, a bit startled after nearly being tossed from the rigging by a particularly large wave. His blue eyes were wide as he made his way back to the hold. But I don't want to be down there. Instead of turning into the crew's quarters, he kept going. He'd followed Fenris to Scarlett's cell earlier, though he didn't allow himself to be seen. He knew there was someone in there.
Silently moving to the first doorway he peered in. Not even his clothing seemed to rustle as he slowly inched his way into the darkness. She can't see me. It was far too dark. He "sat" a few feet from the bars and listened for a few moments. Rocking back on his heels, the blanketed youth swallowed. Maybe he was wrong. Perhaps the prisoner had been moved.

There. Movement. Just a small shifting of position. Laiden reached a pale hand out until he felt the metal bars. Inching forward once again, he sat cross-legged just before the cage. A brief flickering of moonlight through the cloudy sky offered a glimpse of the woman inside. Tilting his head in a dog-like fashion, he left his hand on the bars and rested his forehead against them.

((:XD Oh, goodness. These posts are just so huge! Hahah, I'm glad you like my characters. :heart: I like them alot, too. ^_^' I love the dynamic everyone has in this rp. SO HAPPY TO BE IN THIS ONE!!))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-22-2011, 02:21 PM

Marquet was surprised by the womans words. "I don't care if she's a child, I need this and so does most of the crew." He said, slightly coldly. "I'm sorry if it angers you miss, but some people have nothing what so ever. I may not look like i'm in financial need, but I need gold now. And so does a lot of other people on this ship.. and if it means killing some pretty faced girl then so be it." He sighed. "And she's not a child, most girls her age are already married and bearing kids." He said, rolling his eyes.

"The luxurious items are only up here because the governor couldn't afford to buy you all the same. He highly respects me from being one of the greatest pirates on the sea." He said, looking towards the mirror in his room. "I'm sorry miss, but if you've just come to yell about the girl then I have to ask you to leave." He said, running a hand through his hair again before biting his lip. He went over to the door and opened it gently for her. So much for her wanting to sleep with him. She just came to complain. Marquet rolled his brown eyes.

Scarlett sobbed quietly when she heard something brush up against the bars. "Hello?" She asked softly, glancing to the bars and seeing what looked like a face. She quickly wiped her tear stained eyes and crawled closer to the bars until the chains on her wrists and ankles no longer let her move. "Who are you?" She asked softly, her emerald eyes looking to the boy that looked about her age. She waited until the moonlight fell upon the boys face. "You look sad.." She said softly, glancing around the dark hold they were in. "Why aren't you asleep like the rest?" She asked, her eyes looking to him again.

Scarlett was hoping he hadn't heard her sorrow and sobs, knowing that if he did he would probably pity her. Pity was the last thing she wanted on this ship. If she was going to be killed then she'd be killed as a strong woman, not some weak girl crying and sobbing for them to not kill her. No, her fate was already set in stone. About a week after they reach Puerto Principe she'd be killed.

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 06-23-2011, 12:01 AM

Saoirse wasn’t in the least it surprised by Marquet’s reaction, nor was she surprised by his following statements. “Wait—I’m sorry.” She murmured, chewing timidly on her bottom lip, as she watched the ravenette open the door. “Truthfully, I didn’t come here to tell you that—I couldn’t hold my tongue.” Gently bowing her head, the brunette started towards the door; though, it was obvious that it wasn’t her intention to leave. Putting her hand atop the captain’s, she gently guided the door closed.

Once she was sure it was shut, Saoirse leaned her body against it. “I can’t...” She started to confess, as she fixed her gaze to the floor; staring at the wooden boards as if they held the secret to the universe, the brunette let out a sigh. She was tired as a dog, and wanted nothing more than to sleep. Fancy bed or not, she knew it wouldn't be enough.

“—I can’t sleep knowing that I’m a boat.” She said, lifting her gaze to meet the captain’s. Unable to read the emotion in his eyes, she let her body sag with exhaustion. “I wanted you—to talk to me… tell me how you’re so used to this?” Grasping Marquet’s hand tightly in her own, Saoirse gave him a beseeching look. “Please? Just this one time... I promise, I won't bother you like this, again.”

(Oh, Writer's Block--why must you shorten the length of my post? :illgetu:)

Last edited by Apricot; 06-23-2011 at 12:05 AM..

Esmme

Old 06-23-2011, 01:24 AM

"Hello?"
Laiden didn't move. It wasn't long before he caught a brief flash of the girl in shackles. Her hair was dark - like his. Instead of responding to her inquiry, the youth kept silent. This must be the one they were sacrificing: the Blackbeard. His blue eyes met her green ones without blinking. She had inched forward until her bonds kept her from moving. Laiden's features were still and peaceful as he watched her lips move.

"L," he whispered. He never spoke: this was something he never did. Laiden whispered because his voice was so unused it would be hoarse. It had been years since he truly spoke.
"You look sad."
Laiden's eyes blinked rapidly for a moment, and he smiled sadly. You do, too. He never spoke, but his expression conveyed it. The teen shifted until he was at the point where he could reach Scarlett from where he sat. There was a moment of silence in which the waves were the only sound. The boy watched Scarlett as she watched him. Marveling at how the darkness seemed to cling to the both of them, Laiden offered a friendly smile.
"Can't sleep," he whispered. Slowly he reached a pale hand out from the blanket wrapped about him.
His cold fingertips just barely reached the shackles. Brushing them, Laiden frowned.
"Cold?" He coughed lightly. He hadn't used his voice in so long that the rasping feel was more than uncomfortable. Letting his fingertips touch the metal about Scarlett's wrist again, he fell silent and still as the darkness about them.

((:squee: L and Scarlett are talking! :lol: Well . . . talking as much as Laiden can. :sarcasm:))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-23-2011, 01:52 AM

Scarlett stared at the boys blue eyes and could tell by the expression that he was saying she looked just as sad as him. "It's nice to meet you L, I'm Scarlett." She whispered softly, nodding a little. "Yeah, it's pretty cold." She said, her gaze not leaving his. "Tis' a shame you can't sleep, I can't either." She said, her eyes slightly red from sobbing. That's when she thought of an idea. "L, theres keys behind you.. on the wall. Could you possibly get me out of these chains and cell?" She asked, her voice a tad pleading. "I promise I won't run or anything.. I just wish to go to the deck for a little while." She said, the passion in her voice returning from earlier. "I'd like to see the stars, the sea, and the blurred view of that beautiful city in the darkness." She said, noticing how the boys hair was as dark as hers.

When he touched the chains around her wrist she moved her other hand to touch his. It was a nice, warm feeling. For a moment she was happy, but then she let her hand drop. "I'm sorry.." She said, looking down at her chains. She could tell by his hoarse voice that he didn't talk much, which she was fine with. All she wanted was to have someone to listen to her sorrows.

Marquets eyes softened, and he gently picked the girl up with his slightly muscular arms and carried her to his bed. He sat her down on it and put the red silk covers over her and then pulled up a fancy arm chair next to the bed. He quickly sat down. "I'm used to it because i'm not used to the land. The stillness and quietness of it kills me, yet at sea theres the crashing of the waves and the songs of the sailors." He said, looking out the captains window to the sea as if in a trance. "And then theres those pretty mermaids. Hell, they sing so lovely. Almost like that girl below deck, but they only wish to kill." He said, clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry about the girl, but I need this money. And the girl.. it's not like she had much ahead of her, when I found her all she had was a dinky ship a small crew, and no money." He said, biting his lip. "How about you sleep here for the night, and i'll sleep in this chair." He said, noticing how tired she was.

Esmme

Old 06-23-2011, 02:13 AM

When she spoke again, he lowered his gaze. "Scarlett," Laiden mouthed her name while staring at her chains. It was a pretty name . . . and his mother's favorite color. Eying the shackles as she mentioned the keys, his face pulled into the darkness once again. He was unreadable for a moment: without his expression to speak for him, there was nothing that Laiden could say.
Looking to where the keys were hanging, Joseph licked his lips in hesitation. The moonlight shifted so they could see one another again. Scarlett sounded so forlorn: she wanted to see the ocean from the deck. He wasn't a fool . . . Laiden knew that there would be trouble if he was found releasing the prisoner. This girl was the most valuable thing on the ship. Blue eyes locking on Scarlett's gaze for many unblinking moments, he slowly pulled his hand away. The touch that she'd left there made his hand burn from the brief caress.
She wanted to see the night sky, just as Laiden had ached to see it. At first he shook his head. Was he denying her help, or perhaps fighting with himself? Joseph gazed at the girl's eyes for a few more moments before he pulled his hand back. Withdrawing from the cage, he brought himself to stand. He never so much as looked at the keys.

"Shouldn't," he whispered. The ship tossed a bit with a large wave, making him stumble toward the door.
"I promise I won't run or anything."
Laiden's dark hair fell into his features to hide his expression of inner turmoil. Darkeness crept over them as the moon sank behind another thick cloud. By the time moonlight fell on the wooden floor once again, he was gone. There was no sound of footsteps or movement. Somehow Joseph kept his blanket as silent as the rest of him.

((Hehe.))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-23-2011, 02:19 AM

Scarlett let out a long sigh, she once again was denied to see the beauty of the sea. She crawled back to her wooden bunk and stood up to lay down on it, her heart aching. If only they had put her cell up on the deck. Of course she couldn't blame the boy, for what she had asked was something that could've gotten him killed. But she had just had to try.. this cell was hell for her, and all she wanted was to be free again. She had taken her life for granite until being captured, now if she ever got free she'd love every bit of life.

Esmme

Old 06-23-2011, 02:32 AM

((Hehehe. You think I'm just gonna walk away? ;)
Laiden: *mumbles something and blushes darkly*))

There was no sound save the waves for a long while. The ship creaked a bit . . . and then there was the sound of a key releasing the stubborn lock. Laiden swallowed thickly, looking equally guilty and pleased. The blanket had been folded neatly on the boxes near the hook for the keys, but his loose clothing still made no sound.
Cold fingers wrapped about Scarlett's wrist as the keys went to work on the metal bindings. He didn't meet Scarlett's gaze until he managed to get everything off of her. The soft smile that entered his features was eager. Laiden stood at the edge of the girl's bunk until she moved to stand.
"No trouble," he rasped above the sound of a vicious wave. Tilting his head to watch as the young woman moved, the youth pushed the keys into the pocket of his dark pants.
He couldn't help but feel as though he was doing something absolutely right . . . and terribly wrong. If anyone else happened to see that the Blackbeard was on deck . . . there would be more trouble than necessary. Completely forgetting about what the danger was for a moment, Laiden stepped out of the cell and waited for Scarlett to do the same. He beckoned (in an odd way) for her to follow him up to the deck. Fresh air would do her good.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-23-2011, 02:47 AM

Scarlett was surprised to see the boy again and eagerly stood up to join him. "Oh thank you!" She whispered, hugging him and kissing the side of his face. She knew it was a bit forward, but he was giving her freedom! Even if it would be for only a few minutes. She followed him up to the deck and instantly glided over to the side of the ship, looking out at the waves and what could be seen of Tortuga. She then looked up at the sky and the stars, and everything there was to see. Quickly she took as much fresh air into her lungs as she could before twirling and smiling at L. "This is wonderful." She said quietly, her voice being kept quiet from the crashing waves from the approaching storm. She took the boys hands for a moment, obviously beaming with happiness from all of this and then glancing to the captains quarters. The lights were dimmed, which meant he was probably asleep.

Scarlett gently released his hands. "Sorry, again.." She blushed, looking away from L. Why did all the men on this ship have to be so handsome? And finally there was a boy her age that was helping her! She looked back up at L and gave a weak smile before glancing back at the ocean. "Beautiful isn't?"

Esmme

Old 06-23-2011, 03:04 AM

Laiden's face was burning brightly as they left the lower quarters. The kiss he'd received on his cheek seemed to burn for a while. Following the girl toward the deck, he couldn't keep his hand from touching the spot. His bare feet came to a halt when they both stood at the railing and looked out over the sea.
Forcing himself to shake off his surprise, Joseph licked his lips and felt the elation from his companion filtering through the air. It was exhilerating: all of a sudden there was excitment and happiness. He was glad he'd let her out of the cell. He was just about to climb up and settle himself on the edge of the railing when Scarlett's warm fingers clasped his hands. The touch brought an immediate smile to Laiden's pale features, and he nodded as he met the girl's gaze.
When she looked toward the captain's quarters, he blinked away his silly smile. Scarlett released his hands gently, and Laiden immediately moved to sit on the railing. With the rigging to keep him in place, the bare-footed teen felt a bit more comfortable. Despite the waves, he had company. He wasn't worried about his balance: he was worried about his memories. He didn't want to hear his mother's scream or feel the sticky blood on his fingers. With Scarlett here, she seemed to chase all that away. Joseph enjoyed her company.
Her mumbled apology and blush were quite endearing: he loved them. From where he sat, Laiden returned her weak smile with one of his own. He hummed in agreement when she mentioned the beauty of the sea, letting his eyes turn back to the turning waters. Soon they would need to head back inside. He didn't want to risk being seen . . . and there was obviously a storm brewing swiftly. It would hit within the next hour at the latest.
"Hungry?" L withdrew the candy he'd been given by Alona and offered it to Scarlett silently.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-23-2011, 03:17 AM

Scarlett sat up on the railing beside him, there arms touching from how close she was. "Oh, no thank you. You don't find candy that easily when your at sea, you should eat it." She smiled, his smile brightening her mood. "I don't know how i'll ever repay you for this, it's so amazing." She said, her hand resting on his for a moment. "If I wasn't a prisoner this would be the greatest journey of my life.." She said, her green eyes lighting up a little.

Her eyes went to the captains cabin, and despite wanting to stay up on deck forever, she bit her lip. "I think we should be getting back though, I don't want you to get in trouble." She said, her voice full of worry and in a caring tone. Since he helped her she considered him a friend, and a night in shining armor (Though she'd never tell him that).

Esmme

Old 06-23-2011, 03:52 AM

L tucked the candy back into his pocket when she graciously declined it. He nodded knowingly before smiling as their hands touched. She confessed that it would be the greatest journey of her life with that soft voice of hers . . . and Laiden was glad to have their arms brushing. The moment was so peaceful . . . he really did enjoy the gentle way they bumped elbows as the ship tossed lightly.
There was a bit of a frightening moment when L reached out to steady Scarlett: a wave rocked the ship mightily, making the rigging creak with their combined weight. Joseph didn't think much about it, but he found himself suddenly steadying Scarlett by keeping himself close to her. She was nestled just against him, and he couldn't help but think that her hair smelled faintly of the soaps he's smelled in Tortuga.

"M'kay," L watched Scarlett tease her bottom lip before easing himself back to the deck. His hand swiftly sought hers to help her get down as well. He was eager for the contact - he didn't get much of it around Fenris. Fenris never was the fathering type; he was a guardian with an expression that scared away most trouble.

As they headed back toward the hall, L kept his hand loosely linked with Scarlett's.
"Still cold?" he asked, coughing to the side before glancing toward the captain's quarters. The dim lighting meant that they weren't being watched . . . hopefully. His anxiety suddenly rose, and he pulled Scarlett toward the hold a bit more quickly than he had been earlier.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-23-2011, 04:04 AM

Scarlett had clung to him when she almost fell and then took his hand, jumping down from the railing and following him to the hold. "A little, though i'll get used to it once were in the hold." She said, shivering softly. She laced their fingers, making them holding hands a meaningful thing. When they were back down to the hold she led him into her cell and sat on her bunk. "Whenever you want to go you can chain me back up again." She said, patting the spot next to her on the bunk. "Thank you so much for letting me out.. it was so exhilerating." She said, looking back over and blushing a little. He was rather cute..

She shook her thoughts away and looked down at the chains on the floor, sighing at the thought of being back in them.

Esmme

Old 06-23-2011, 05:29 PM

With a breathy chuckle, L nodded. Of course she'd be cold here. There was no comfort for the prisoner with her wooden bunk and harsh metal bonds. The youth noticed her shiver, which made him frown lightly. He was glad that they were sheltered from the wind when they went quietly back down to the hold. Laiden kept his eyes on their linked hands as they entered her cell, and blinked in an innocent manner when she patted the bunk beside her. He sat beside Scarlett, pulling one leg up so he could lean against his knee.

"Welcome," he whispered, looking over in time to catch her endearing blush. The way it brightened her features and made her look flushed was adorable. L continued to stare at the girl as she turned her gaze to the chains below them. He obviously either wasn't thinking or had no practice with social graces. First: he was staring. Second: his pale hand reached up to touch her cheek as though feeling how warm it was. His fingertips moved over her cheek and then slowly moved to circle Scarlett's ear. "Pretty," L whispered, a blush creeping up to his face to match Scarlett's. Despite his darkening face he didn't drop his hand. Instead, he toyed with a few of her loose curls gently, watching how the dim light seemed to glide over their curve.

musikfreakx

Old 06-24-2011, 12:26 AM

Ever so slowly, Alona's hazel eyes blinked open. Glancing around, she made a slight, half asleep, sigh like noise in her throat. Straining her ears, she heard barely audible voices by the prisoner's cell. Debating what to do, she swung her legs over the edge of the cot and onto the the ropes.

Being as silent as death, the brunette gingerly climbed down the rope like ladder and shivered as her bare feet touched the cold, wooden planks of the boat. Gliding across the floor, much like a ghost, Alona wrapped her blanket around her. Passing the prisoner's cell, she saw the small boy from earlier leading the prisoner back into the cell. They stared at her and she slowly opened her mouth. Putting her finger over her lips, she let out a soft "Shhh." Smiling, she walked away.

Climbing out onto the deck, the female pirate scanned the main area of the ship to look for anyone out there. Seeing no one, she padded out onto the deck and gently dropped the blanket, feeling the light breeze whip around her. Her skin was exposed in the cottony dress. It was thin strapped and light, the color of pure innocence (white) a contrast to the darkness of the night.

Alona Marie closed her eyes and smiled, feeling perfectly at peace for the first time in a while. Humming a light ballroom waltz, the young female began dancing across the deck. Keeping her toes pointed, like all dances are trained to do, she floated across the ship, humming and grinning, oblivious to her surroundings.

((Philip is still asleep here))

Last edited by musikfreakx; 06-24-2011 at 01:19 AM..

Apricot
Lizard's Mommy Zellony ♥

Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 AM

Saoirse yelped, genuinely surprised when she was momentarily airborne. Marquet definitely was strong; she had to give credit where it was due. Her arms wrapped around him like vines, as she was afraid that she would fall. Relaxing when she was laid upon the bed and secured under the soft, opulent duvet, the brunette felt her lids begin to droop—it’s been a while since she’s slept on a bed like this. Struggling half-heartedly to stay awake, Saoirse listened intently to her captain’s words.

“The sailors around here have the worst singing voices…” She joked before a yawn fit for a lion, tore through her throat, the sound chasing the anxiety from her mind. Observing Marquet as he settled into the chair and gazed out the window, Saoirse begrudgingly sat upright. Painting a look on her face that read—‘you’ve got to be kidding me’, the girl felt the corner of her mouth quirk downward when he brought up the likes of Mermaids. ‘Wretched Sirens...’ She thought bitterly, bringing her knees to her chest.

“You don’t have to apologize to me…” She grumbled, waving him off. Letting her legs fall back onto the bed, Saoirse regarded Marquet with rueful dark, olive green eyes. “This whole circumstance is just making me recall things I would rather forget… stirring up bitter emotions, in me. I didn’t mean to barge in; hollering at you.” Reaching her hand out, she grasped for the captain’s arm. “No… I don’t want to keep you from getting a night’s rest.” Letting her arm fall back to her side, she patted the empty place beside her.

“I was raised to be a lot of things, but selfish isn’t of those things, Captain.” Smoothing her hands out on the silky sheets beneath her legs, Saoirse settled into the pillows behind her; she was clinging to consciousness the best she could, but she knew her efforts were in vain. Yawning again, the brunette covered her mouth delicately. "If you promise to keep your hands to yourself, I promise not to put my cold feet on you." Smiling through her fatigue, Saoirse snuggled into the cushions.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-24-2011, 05:10 PM

Scarlett looked at him when he put his hand on her face, caressing it almost and her blush deepened. She leaned over and gave him a light, quick kiss on the lips as most french women did in Tortuga when saying thank you. "For helping me." She said softly, then watched as Alona walked past, happy that she wasn't going to tell the Captain. "You should probably get some rest now.. will I see you again tomorrow?" She asked, her green eyes looking into his. "You have a long day ahead of you..." She said, knowing Marquet would make them do a lot of work tomorrow to get the ship up to speed.

Marquet nodded and laid down beside her. "Fair enough deal." He said, extinguishing the flame in the lamp beside him. He laid back his head into the pillows and turned on his side to face the door. "Goodnight." He said softly, closing his eyes and letting his breathing go slower. Soon enough he was asleep.

((Okay everyone start heading to sleep so we can have the next day <3 Sorry my posts have been short! My internet is being a jerkfish and going in and out tons x.x plus I had a party (: ))

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 06-25-2011 at 12:20 AM..

Esmme

Old 06-25-2011, 03:03 AM

((Haha, parties are good! :boogie:))

Laiden pulled back in surprise when Scarlett kissed him swiftly. Her soft, warm lips brought a darker blush to his face that was quite visable in the darkness. Ducking his head, he slid off the bunk. He would go to sleep . . . but only because it was late and the girl suggested it. He reached over to help secure the clasps about her wrists before backing away slowly. Without saying a word, he disappeared . . . only to appear again with his blanket in hand. Unfolding it, he draped it over Scarlett with his blush still just as dark.
" 'night," he whispered, waving his hand lightly before backing out and making sure the door was locked. When the key was back on the hook, he sent a glance back to her . . . and then flickered away into the darkness. He never answered her question about seeing her again: it almost looked like he didn't know what she'd said. In that last glance, though, the answer was written: of course.
Laiden stepped back out onto deck just in time to see Alona dance for a few moments. Standing in the shadows, he watched . . . and then slid back into the hold. It was nice to see that the woman was so . . . nice. Slipping back up into the cot above his guardian, Laiden leaned over and watched the man sleep for a few moments before pulling himself up onto the cot. Curling up in a ball, he sighed lightly and closed his eyes.
That night dreams of Scarlett flit through his mind as he slept. Joseph was certainly peaceful thoughout his night of rest.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 06-25-2011, 03:27 AM

((Is everyone asleep?))

Scarlett smiled at his blush. "Goodnight." She said, watching him leave, only to return with a blanket. "Thank you." She said, her eyes looking at his blue ones to express her thanks. He draped it over her as she laid down on the uncomfortable bunk and then she again watched him leave. For a teen that barely spoke he knew just the right words to say to make her feel better. Though his glances were more comforting than his words. She looked at the darkness that he walked into and longed to be part of the crew and go with him. Being alone killed her more than the cold and the chains. Especially since it was dark, and that was one of her worst fears.

Scarlett looked up at the porthole as the moons light started to light up the room. She closed her eyes, yawning as she curled up under the blanket. Tomorrow she would start to read the book the kind woman gave her, and then she would hope to see L again. Now that there was a little more light in the room she felt at ease resting herself for the big day tomorrow.

Unlike Philip who said he might let her out, L gave her hope and actually trusted her to be out of the bars. She then fell into her dreams where she was part of the crew instead of their sacrifice. She curled into a ball and pulled the blanket over her head, at peace with the ocean waves, but still cold from the metal chains on her skin. Though she still slept, her dreams good and happy for once.

Last edited by Katie Scarlett Divine; 06-25-2011 at 03:46 AM..