MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 06:20 AM

Right now this Master Chief is desperately trying to talk her brains out and try to not be annoying at the same time. ><;
At the moment I am questing for the beautiful Halloween gown up in the Special event store and it happens to be the most expensive item in there. The catch is it'll be even more expensive when this whole thing is over. So I'm doing the best I can to earn some money and try not to get on people's nerves. XD

So, are you guys desperately questing for something and if so what is it?! Do you have a good strategy? XD

Also if I can get to my goal sometime soon because of discussing with one of you I shall do freebie art for the person that helps me rant along the way. XD This may fail but I hope all ya'll have something you're questing for. XD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2007, 06:51 AM

I'm happy to chat. :3

I think I want another of those gowns... I should have looked at more avatars before I spent all my money! D: I ended up buying a hat I didn't actually like as much as the one I'm wearing. XD;; I wouldn't have bought it if I'd taken the time to see it on an avatar first. XD; (It's not ugly or anything - so no insult is meant to the artist - honestly. It just isn't something I like on my avatar. XD; For a different avatar it would work!)

I had over 4,000 gold before I came home from work tonight and I've spent it all on items. :c

I would also like some more stripey stockings - just in case I want to funk up my wardrobe. :3 (And I do mean "funk" as in "funky".)

angelofdarkness6669
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to angelofdarkness6669

Old 10-29-2007, 06:55 AM

I just started but I so want the Sweet Witch set. It looks so cute.

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 06:56 AM

Yays!
Yeah, the gowns are really pretty and I haven't made enough money to get to that price before but it's something to save for. If I could sell my broken heart dress and shoes I'd probably have enough money right now. ><; But I know what you mean about buying something and then it not looking right for your avi. I wish I'd know the dress didn't look good for my avatar before I bought it. ><;
I'm going to get the socks and whatnot later because I want to get the most expensive thing first since it's harder to save up for than something that's 300g. ><;
I hope you're doing well in saving though.

*to Angel* Yeah, I've been wanting the witch set as well but I need to get the gown first since it'll be 4k instead of 2k once this whole thing is over. ><; The witch set won't be so hard.

angelofdarkness6669
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to angelofdarkness6669

Old 10-29-2007, 06:59 AM

I hope not as long as I stay up all night posting it should be rather easy to get.

`realiize
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-29-2007, 07:00 AM

• Awee good luck on your quest!
    I want one of those gowns but they're way to expensive for me, even when they're half price.. xD =[

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 07:02 AM

I'll probably post until I am really close or have all the money I need for the gown. XD Pretty much I made this thread so people can rant as much as they want *I'll read them all and respond of course* about what they want so it helps them and myself in getting that certain thing we want.

So Angel and CK what are your plans for Halloween? If any.

*to `realiize* I remember you. <3 You posted in muh thread once. >w< Thank you for wishing me luck and the gowns aren't too bad. It's steep but doable..better than 4k anyway. XD Thank you again.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2007, 07:36 AM

XD;;;; Sorry - I sort of lost track of this thread. >_> I'll be back in and out. :Ooo

I'll probably buy my second dress first too. :3 That way if I lolly-gag too much, at least I won't have to work up over four thousand to get the second dress after. XD Simple math, yes. :3

And I doubt I'll rack up enough gold before the seven days are over to buy a third dress, so I'll spend the rest of my money on hosiery. X3 Hhaa. :3

I'd probably have more gold now if I weren't trying to art. @_@;;;;

As for my plans for Halloween offline........ >_> Er... Work 1-5pm (Central), come home, dress up in my Eurasian-Lolli costume (mixtures of Japanese costuming and Victorian costuming - Goth Lolli but not quite) and spend the rest of the evening sitting at the computer, chatting/rpging/drawing/posting here and watching Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi Channel. XD

I'm not too crazy this year. XD

I'd meant to have a pirate-themed Halloween party this year, but we haven't got the new house finished yet. We'd hoped to move in mid-September, but it's looking more like mid-November. :/ So we'll have a pirate-themed costume party maybe December 1st. (Upon suggestion by a friend who likes the Nightmare Before Christmas. XD )

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
XD;;;; Sorry - I sort of lost track of this thread. >_> I'll be back in and out. :Ooo

I'll probably buy my second dress first too. :3 That way if I lolly-gag too much, at least I won't have to work up over four thousand to get the second dress after. XD Simple math, yes. :3

And I doubt I'll rack up enough gold before the seven days are over to buy a third dress, so I'll spend the rest of my money on hosiery. X3 Hhaa. :3

I'd probably have more gold now if I weren't trying to art. @_@;;;;

As for my plans for Halloween offline........ >_> Er... Work 1-5pm (Central), come home, dress up in my Eurasian-Lolli costume (mixtures of Japanese costuming and Victorian costuming - Goth Lolli but not quite) and spend the rest of the evening sitting at the computer, chatting/rpging/drawing/posting here and watching Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi Channel. XD

I'm not too crazy this year. XD

I'd meant to have a pirate-themed Halloween party this year, but we haven't got the new house finished yet. We'd hoped to move in mid-September, but it's looking more like mid-November. :/ So we'll have a pirate-themed costume party maybe December 1st. (Upon suggestion by a friend who likes the Nightmare Before Christmas. XD )
No problem. XD I've been getting lost as well. *sigh*
Dang so you already have a dress? I'm still stuck on getting the one. XD Sounds pretty cool and if I could get another dress I think I'd faint. XD So you draw as well? I think everyone must draw on here. XD So you're dressing up Lolita like? Man, I want a Lolita costume so bad it's not even funny. XD I'm going to be Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist so that'll be fun too. So your family is building a new house?
I love the idea of a costume party in December! My birthday is the 31st of December so I think for my birthday I'm going to have people dress up. >w<
I hope to hear more from ya this week. <3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 AM

XD I'm a multi-tasker by nature. But even I'm having trouble keeping up with things tonight. LOL. SO much going on! It's awesome. :3 I'm supposed to be going to bed in seven minutes, but... EH. I'll stint myself on a little sleep, no problem. >_>

Yeah - I have one of the dresses. XD I had just over four thousand gold saved up because the only thing I'd bought on the site was the white shirt I'm wearing now. I only bought anything otherwise today. XD So I had all the gold I'd earned in the last few weeks plus the 2.5k from the fishing glitch 'reward' thing to spend. XDD

I don't know if everyone on Menewsha draws... but a lot of us try to. XD It's an acceptable sort of 'easy' way (in quotes! quotes people!!!) of earning gold. :3 So I think most people try to learn and offer their skills for that reason. XD

My Lolita costume was only about seventy dollars... I bought it from Bodyline when I visited Tokyo in April.

Oh - that's an awesome costume. XD Did you make the costume yourself? Or get help? Or buy it/commission it? :o

Yeah - we've been saving for forever to buy a pre-made house, but nothing in our area is really up to what we want (or is way, way too expensive. D: ) so we finally decided to build. XD; I'm committed to living at home at least another year to help out with paying off the house - but I'm looking forward to it. XD

You should definitely have a costume party for your birthday! :D Dressing in costume's far too fun to limit it to once a year. I'll probably host a "murder mystery" dinner-theatre type party around New Years. :V I think it'd be fun. XD

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 09:11 AM

Well it is pretty fast paced tonight since everyone is trying to get the clue and the event item. <3
Yeah, I barely sleep anymore as well and this site has me too excited. I don't think I'm going to sleep until after Halloween is over. XD
I haven't bought anything since this outfit I'm currently wearing as well and me fangs. >w< I wish I had kept the majority of gold I got from the glitch but silly me I spent it. XD Not all of it though. XD
Yeah, I think in every thread I've run into an artist of some nature and being one it's really cool to see so many different styles all the time. >w< I've heard it's easier to get money if you do art but that depends on how good you are. ><;;;
That's not a bad price for a Lolita costume though. O.o I need to save money and no, I bought my Edward costume but I would be more than tickled pink to learn how to sew and whatnot. But if I could make outfits I'd make every outfit I could think of. XD
Houses cost so much recently, it's pretty depressing. But it'll be cool once you can move into your new home. <333
Indeed! That's why I go to anime conventions! I love to dress up and if I can find an excuse to do it more than twice or three times a year by God I'll do it. XD Murder dinner party? Clue much? XD Love it!

Abis
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Ooh. You're so close to getting the gown! Congrats. xD

I'm questing for the Wicked sets... I love the neon green and black combination. I'm hoping to be able to afford a good chunk of the event commons by the end of the week, though... I do so love playing with new items.

-sarawong-
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-29-2007, 09:20 AM

o____O

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 AM

I dunno... I'm decent. :D I've seen people who were less good rake in the 'cash' because they're prompt. XD I'm a procrastinator, so I don't really do well on selling my art to the degree some artists do. XD

The Lolita costume was on sale. XD I think they were clearing their store inventory, so I just lucked out. XD

I'd *love* to be able to sew. XD I 'learned' back in middle school, but it didn't really 'take'. I think I thought it was "too girlie" and I was in my rebellious stage. (Rebellious... against PINK. :OOOOO)

XD What conventions do you go to? I've been to San Diego Comicon a few times, Anime-Expo once (so far), and Dragon*Con (once as well). :3

I LOVE CLUE. (I say vehemently with the delirious slur on the end that speaks with need for sleep. XD; ) But, anyway, yes. XD There are dinner-theatre sets you can buy with scripts and even a dinner menu suggestion. XD They look awesome!

` Mashi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-29-2007, 10:54 AM

I want one of the dresses too. ^^
I have enough, but I'm just looking for a seller. (:

Titenya
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-29-2007, 11:15 AM

I so want the blue moon dress and necklace ^_^ all my gold after i finished my last quest was donated to newbies or used for fishing... so I'm broke.,.. and we get a really cool 2k+ item... so not fair *sighs* heh I'll get it though, questing is fun.

Syaoran_Li
Friends of the mules.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:19 AM

Questing is hard and does take alot of work. Well I wish you good luck and the other questers too!

KeyKey
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-29-2007, 11:21 AM

I too want one of the growns, but I can't desied wich one I'm going to buy. The Gown of the Bloody Moon or the Gown of the Golden Moon

wich one do you want to have??

Gwendolyr
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-29-2007, 02:28 PM

You're almost there. I bet you'll be able to buy one before the event is over. :D

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2007, 05:26 PM

I have the "Bloody Moon" one. I also like the blue one (I'm not sure which that one is called) - so that's the one I want second-most. :3

If that helps any. XD;

Popping in here to make sure this makes its way to the top for a bit!

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 07:59 PM

Holy fudge nuggets Batman!
I didn't think anyone would respond while I was away...I'll make my replies short but I like to respond to everyone so here goes. XD
*to CK* Yeah, I'm decent as well and tend to procrastinate too. ><; But I'm trying to be faster with art and whatnot, I hate making ppl wait even if they don't mind. And you were lucky to get it on sale *le sigh* XD I learned how to sew in middle school too but not having a sewing machine bites. I'm rebellious against pink as well. XD Clue is awesome. I've been to Anime Iowa, Anime Wichita, Nakakon *Kansas City*, and I went to Anime Expo last year, I hope to go back next year. >w<
*sarahwong* O3o
*Abis* I knows! ><; I'm working my best and the witch sets are awesome too but affordable even at full price. ><;;;; New items fun <333
*to Mashi* I'm just gonna buy it from the store. XD
*to Phedre* The blue one looks really pretty but I want the red moon one most. Fishing is too risky for me. O.o
*to Sharon_Lee* Indeed it's hard work but good work and thank you! <3 Luck to you too
*to Keykey* Blood moon Blood moon! <3 XD
*to Gwendolyr* I knowz! The Chief is a workin to do so! Thank you <3

Thank you CK for trying to keep this up. ^w^ And thanks to everybody who posts in here. >w<

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 PM

You're welcome for keeping it as close to the top as I could. XD; It's difficult! The threads in the Halloween forum move quickly. @_@;

Aw... And I didn't go to Anime Expo last year! I went to the one the year before. XD

Have you tried eBay for Lolita costumes? Even really good ones are around the $100 range, more or less depending on the amount of fabric...

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-30-2007, 02:56 AM

I know and I don't expect you to try and keep it at the top since everything is a lot more active than this thread but you are a big help to me so you're definitely getting avi art if that's alright with you. <333
Aw, well are you going to go to Anime Expo next year? If we stick together on here maybe we can meet up. >w< Do you live in Cali or just travel to the Expo? O.o
I...Will look at eBay later since I need to save up money before I look at any more dresses. XD They're so pretty and all I want is either a red/black or purple/black lolita dress. ><;;; It's probably the only dress in the world I'd ever wear voluntarily. XD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-30-2007, 04:02 AM

XD I do my best to get the thread bumped. But since there's a no-double-posting rule, it's difficult. XD Bah!

I would love some avatar art. :3 But please don't feel obligated. X3 I'm just happy you want to. :3 (It's nearly as good as actually getting it - LOL. :3 I appreciate the thought, is what I mean. XD )

Oh no - I don't live in California... I live in Alabama. XD I just travel to conventions since Alabama has nothing really to speak of. D: I'm not sure if I'll be going to Anime-Expo or not next year. Probably not since I'm visiting Australia in February for Chinese New Year (Melbourne has a fairly big Chinese population and my best friend lives in Melbourne) and then I'm meant to be going to Germany sometime around October... So I need to save up. @_@; But if the Germany plans fall through, I'll probably go to Anime-Expo. :D

Yeah - it's best not to look at eBay unless you have money to spend. Otherwise, it just gets disappointing. :c

I'm not huge on dresses either... Though all week (for Halloween) my costumes have had skirts/dresses. XD So now I'm rethinking my position on them. At least as long as it's cool enough to wear tights and short-shorts underneath. I'm not so sure about going bare-legged. :' And with the short-shorts on, I don't have to worry if the skirt is in place or not. LOL. (I mean, don't get me wrong... I'm a lady and everything, but between bursts of wind, getting caught on something, and the possibility of stairs/glass elevators, it's a bit nerve-wracking for me. XD;

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Salright, you dun have to feel like you need to bump this up but getting to talk to people and have a discussion is good for me. <3 And yays! Once I can get the clue and some time I'll do avatar art for you and I said I would so don't worry bout it. ^ ^
Oooooooo! Alabama! Go Crimson Tide! *dance* I have an uncle down there and he's muh favorite, so you have to travel just as far...if not further to Cali as I do. O.o Yeah, Alabama doesn't have a lot because if it did it would be a good excuse to see my uncle. ^ ^ Dang, you're going to Aussie?! That's awesome, I want to go. XD Germany too? Sweet. ^ ^ But if not Germany then Cali. <3
Indeed, eBay too tempted and feels taunting at times.
Since I'm Ed I won't be needing a dress. XD Don't go bare legged! O.o Halloween can be one of the coldest nights of the year so play it safe. And yeah, I think skirts can be far too revealing sometimes. ><;