Nolori
Everyone's Favorite Imaginary Fr...

Old 09-12-2009, 12:28 AM

Oh man that would drive me crazy. I have a hard enough time looking through all my notebooks for notes and maps of places. I can't imagine having to sift through it all for actual content. You're amazing.

We can have a trash rummaging party! -parties-

Hayzel
[MiniMee]
Send a message via AIM to Hayzel Send a message via MSN to Hayzel

Old 09-12-2009, 06:47 AM

Not amazing. Just organized. And it's far from perfect. It has to be a pretty darn good story for me to go back and actually look through all of my journals. I also note in the contents whether or not it's the absolute first content written on that idea. Helps me to not go back too far.

*parties* C'mon For-Chan!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 AM

Most of my writing takes place at the computer. Even my notes are on notepad files.

I dunno if I wanna party in the trash O_o

Hayzel
[MiniMee]

Old 09-12-2009, 07:11 PM

I do some on the computer, but mostly just copying from my notebooks.

*throws leftover apple pie at For-Chan* too late, you're covered in it, you might as well party in it!

Nolori

Old 09-12-2009, 11:35 PM

My notebooks are so haphazardly thrown together that I can't sift through stuff. I write practically all of my stories on the computer lest I lose them.

Trash parties make everything better!

Hayzel
[MiniMee]

Old 09-12-2009, 11:54 PM

I love my notebooks. I would never be able to part with them. I should put them in a fire safe box...

*takes notes in the For-Chan journal* What? Stalkers have to take notes too!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 09-13-2009, 12:49 AM

I think you might miss them less than you think. Besides, putting them aside would give you a fresh start instead of always relying on things you did in the past. Just seems that it would be that way anyway.

Hayzel
[MiniMee]

Old 09-13-2009, 07:01 PM

Well as I said before, I fill about 3 a month. It just keeps me writig a lot. =D

Again, I only go through the books if I'm looking for a specific story that I've been developing for a long while which doesn't happen too often. But seeing my bookshelf full of those journals is nice.

Nolori

Old 09-14-2009, 02:04 AM

I would miss my journals dearly. Not so much for the individual stories (which are more often than not terrible), but because all of my stories take place in a world I have been building for the last six or seven years. My notebooks have a lot of random details that never made it to the computer because I never though to type them up (I'm trying to be better about that) or because they are drawings.

A firesafe box might not be a bad idea.

Hayzel
[MiniMee]

Old 09-14-2009, 03:09 AM

yes. Firesafe box should be invented. And it should be stretchy so it can grow with my journal collections cause you know how expensive it would be to buy more than one?!

Nolori

Old 09-14-2009, 03:42 PM

We have two in my house, but it's more for passports and things of that nature. Hn. Are they really expensive? D=

I have all of mine in a big drawer right now. The idea is that when fire season comes around (we have them a lot around here) is so I can just dump that drawer in a bag and run out with it.
You know. Hopefully.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 PM

My plan is to never burn my house down. I think it's a good plan. :D

Nolori

Old 09-16-2009, 02:58 PM

That is a VERY good plan!

Unfortunately I live in a very wild-fire prone area. Nature Hates Me. D=

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 09-17-2009, 12:37 AM

Personally, I live in a place where hurricanes are my biggest threat. Should disaster strike, my computer and my dog are my main concerns. My computer has all my photos and writing so into the car it goes.

Nolori

Old 09-17-2009, 01:49 AM

So you don't really get 'surprise' hurricanes? -doesn't know anything about hurricanes-

They're essentially really, really horrible storms, right?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 09-17-2009, 07:50 AM

No. There's no such thing as a surprise hurricane. They come in off the gulf. The trick of them is, is it powerful enough that you should evacuate or not? That was the big issue with Katrina, a lot of people didn't evacuate when they should have. The thing is, a lot of mild hurricanes lowered everyone's fear of hurricanes and now suddenly, everyone is hyper-aware of them. Mother nature is scary.

And a hurricane is sort of like a massive tornado with rain. It's a giant funnel shaped storm with a calm eye, plus lots of clouds and rain.

Nolori

Old 09-17-2009, 03:55 PM

Hoh man that sounds terrifying. Do they move rapidly across land like torandoes do? Or just when they're on the sea?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 09-17-2009, 04:22 PM

It depends. Each storm is different. Some are like really bad rain storms and others will blow down houses and rip up trees.

Nolori

Old 09-17-2009, 04:24 PM

Wow. I've never been thankful for fires before. I mean, at least when one pops up we always know what to expect. I can't imagine sitting there and wondering how bad it's going to get. =[

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 09-17-2009, 04:29 PM

I've always thought that hurricanes were better than fires. It's not like you know when a fire is going to start. You could wake up in the middle of the night and your house is burning down. And the fire itself can toast you alive.

With hurricanes, I think of it more as the potential loss of property. I'd like to think I'm smart enough to evacuate should a big one decide to crash through the neighborhood D:

Nolori

Old 09-17-2009, 04:46 PM

Fires are unlikely to roast you right as you wake up. You smell it pretty clearly. (Also fire alarms are really loud and painful to listen to.)
That is the main concern though, not knowing when they'll start. Mostly we have a 'fire season' though, so it's a pretty good bet as to when they'll come through.

Maybe it just depends on what you're used to. Wonderingwhen to evacuate seems a better thing than wondering whether you should and then drowing or something.
(Granted, I am a terrible swimmer, so that may also be part of it.)

Hayzel
[MiniMee]

Old 09-22-2009, 03:22 PM

Fires and Hurricanes follow patterns and you can usually see them coming ahead of time. I live in an area with Tornados which don't do either. I had one Tornado take down a house on my road and knock over trees on 3 sides of my house without actually touching my house. It was insane. It also stole our trash can. -.-

Nolori

Old 09-23-2009, 03:07 PM

I have to disagree about the fires. I mean, you can guess, but there's very little warning. That and everytime we have bad fires we seem to have firebugs living out near the cayon. =\

But holy crap that's scary. So those things really just move around with any rhyme or reason, huh? I'm glad your house was okay though. Was anyone on the street hurt?

Hayzel
[MiniMee]

Old 09-25-2009, 02:11 AM

That tornado happened when I was four, and the neighbor who's house was taken down was killed. Unfortunetly I saw him get picked up by the tornado and thrown into his own house but yeah. Everyone else was okay.