madamelsie
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-30-2009, 09:53 PM

Is anyone planning to start writing at midnight on Nov. 1? I haven't decided if I'll stay up to start writing or not. Since the time change is this weekend, I guess if you want to start writing at midnight, you'll actually be writing an hour later than usual since we fall back an hour.

kitsuneneo
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2009, 04:35 AM

Im doing it. This'll be my first year. :D I'm actually going to write about one of my RP characters.

madamelsie
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2009, 10:34 PM

This is it! It's pretty cool that NaNoWriMo Eve falls on Halloween every year. This way we can party with costumes and eat tons of candy and then be all sugared-up for midnight on Nov. 1. Good Luck to everybody!! And Happy Halloween!

Ponta
One is never too early to monolo...

Old 11-01-2009, 02:21 AM

I think it might be a good time for me to get my account set up now so I can start working on my story tonight.

Edit:
Yay, I managed to find my old account.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/258907

Last edited by Ponta; 11-01-2009 at 02:54 AM..

Chronos Mephistopheles
Blood and Earth, not theory and ...

Old 11-03-2009, 03:15 AM

Hey, I've been trying to register for NaNoWriMo and no matter what I do it isn't working. And there isn't anywhere to ask for help. I'm only seeing FAQs. Anyone know how I can get a hold of them?

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 11-03-2009, 05:14 PM

I have 10k words down. Hopefully I won't peter out like I did last year. I try to write as much as I can in the first week to take some of the strain off for the last couple of weeks.

Where is everyone else at this point?

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-03-2009, 06:01 PM

Wow, Moxie it is incredible that you made it to 10k words already. I'm not participating this year but my sister is, I think she's around 3k. I'm not sure.

Good luck everyone! You can do it just keep writing!!

madamelsie
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 10:01 PM

Sorry, Chronos. I'm not sure how to get in touch with anyone on the site. Hope it starts working for you. I think the site was down for a little maintenance lately, so maybe they'll have things worked out for you by now.

As far as my word count, I'm a little behind the scheduled number of words that I should be at by this time, but I'm not worried. It tends to take me a little while to get started in the beginning but once things pick up in the story and it gets a little more exciting, I'm sure the words will be flowing.

If anyone has plot questions or would like suggestions, etc., feel free to post them on here. I'm sure we'd all love to help you out.

Ponta

Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 PM

I wrote 660 words the first day and haven't gotten a chance to write anymore sense. So yeah, I'm behind xD

I think I'll try to get some home work done and grab some dinner, then spend the rest of the night trying to catch up to my word count.

And Moxie - you are amazing @.@ 10k already? I bow down to you and your fingers that must have been typing like crazy.

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 11-03-2009, 10:35 PM

I didn't do anything on Sunday except write and piddle about on the internet a bit. I have a goal to finish 25k words by the end of the week so I can slow down my pace for the final three weeks of November. I also had an outline finished before I started.

madamelsie
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I didn't do anything on Sunday except write and piddle about on the internet a bit. I have a goal to finish 25k words by the end of the week so I can slow down my pace for the final three weeks of November. I also had an outline finished before I started.
Wow, what initiative! I wish I could set goals for myself like that, but I have too much of a tendency to procrastinate. I'll probably be forcing myself to write about 10k words the last few hours before I have to validate on Nov. 31.

mwahhaha
Jesus is super rad

Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 PM

:( I only wrote 440 words so far. I need to kick up my pace! Do you guys have any good writer's block techniques? (It seems nanowrimo related to me.)
I go for a walk when I've got writer's block. Or I play Fallout 3 as my character, lol. How about you guys?

madamelsie
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 PM

I don't really have any "techniques", per se, to combat writer's block, but I think I manage to stay more motivated when I'm listening to really great music. Actually, I think it helps when I get off my computer and play a couple of rounds of guitar hero. video games are great ways to relieve stress.

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:52 AM

Write or Die website

This is my anti-writer's block. =P Seriously, check it out.

-rabid-carl-on-the-loose-
-rabid-carl-on-the-loose-

Old 11-07-2009, 04:03 AM

Hey fellow writers! I'm kinda new here so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum group thingy...
Well back on track! I wanted to know if anyone else here is participating in NaNoWriMo. For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) It's where you're challenged to write a novel in a month and it's actually pretty fun. I'm trying my best to do it but somehow i get the feeling that I won't be able to... Probably because I'm a procrastinator... Well to all those of you who are doing it I wish you luck on your novel writing journey of wonder.
And for those of you writers who are interested even though it is 7 days into the month here is a link.
http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2009, 04:28 AM

Hey, just wanted to redirect you to the already existing Nanowrimo thread here: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/art/li...mo-2009-a.html

Good luck on your novel. :3

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2009, 04:15 PM

I've gone ahead and merged our NaNoWriMo threads together. :yes:

madamelsie
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-07-2009, 09:41 PM

@-rabid: good luck on your novel as well. and I totally understand the procrastination thing. I'm already behind on my word count but trying really hard to catch up over the weekend.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 11-08-2009, 12:44 AM

Hello fellow NaNo-ers!
I have a little NaNo thread going in the event forum, but I thought I'd come over and join everyone here as well.
How are the word counts coming?

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 11-08-2009, 05:16 AM

Hello!

I'm doing NaNoWriMo for the first time this year. I've been chatting on the thread in the event forum, but since the event is almost over I thought I'd start chatting here as well.

I'm a little behind already since I had a ton of work to do this past week, but I've been working on catch up today. I have 4708 words so far (2691 words written today and counting) but I think I can be back on track in a few days.

How is everyone else doing?

Ponta

Old 11-09-2009, 03:29 AM

I am so behind! I only have 660 words ;-;

I'm hoping that after I put on my pajamas and settle down, I can get to typing. I don't think I'll be able to 10k words tonight though xD

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 11-09-2009, 05:40 AM

Ponta - don't give up, but don't feel like you have to write 10,000 words in one sitting. Try for around 2000 or so, then do the same thing tomorrow. Give yourself some time to get into it. You are not out of the running yet. It will get easier as you move farther into your story and get into the habit of writing.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2009, 07:38 PM

Here's another wish of good luck to all the NaNoers. You guys can still make it, and even if you can't, at least try to write as much as you possibly can. Don't stop just because you don't think you can make it to 50k, keep writing until the end of the month and you will have nothing to be ashamed off.

:squee: :squee: :squee: <- Cheerleading team. (they're not the most graceful, but maybe they'll help.)

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:00 PM

I now have six days of word count goals to catch up on. D8 I will rise to challenge! I will conquer and prevail!!

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Maiden View Post
Write or Die website

This is my anti-writer's block. =P Seriously, check it out.
Hehe I'm glad someone else posted it. I'd meant to ages ago, but forgot till now.

:) I'm not writing this year, but good luck to everyone that is!