Shakey
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Shakey

Old 07-31-2007, 01:46 PM

Part two:

I heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I say after a few seconds, hoping the person would have already left, but the knocking continued. As I was about to open my mouth to shout out "Mum! Get the door!" I remembered, mum's not here. I slowly made my way down the wooden stairs and put on my fluffy purple slippers which were placed at the end of the steps.

When I opened the door, my jaw drooped down to the floor! It was Bruno! I smiled, before realising it wasn't him. Just someone who looked uncannily similar to him. I sighed. Everywhere I went, things I saw reminded me of him. Even Corbin Bleu off the Disney channel movie! They had the same hair, the same smile. Except when Corbin Bleu smiled, I didnt feel as though I was in heaven.

"Can I help you?" I asked the guy at the door politely.
"Er, yeah. Is there a currently living under this roof?" He looked down on a peice of paper he was holding.
"Yep, that would be me. What is it?" I say, also looking down at his hands.
"You have a parcel, sent from Brazil. Can you sign for it?" He thrust the paper at me as my eyes opened in shock. Brazil! It's Bruno! I thought, yep, that was right! He went to Brazil, it must be himm!
"Thanks SO much! Um..." I say, wondering what to call him.
"It's Thaun." He smiled.

Last edited by Shakey; 12-16-2012 at 05:45 PM..

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-31-2007, 02:01 PM

Part three:

As soon as I got to my room, I tore open the little package the guy at the door had given me. It was a golden bracelet with my name engraved on it in a little box with a letter attached to it.

To my Dear friend,

I am just writing to tell you what it is like here. In Brazil ofcourse. I am enjoy it very much to be with my familys and my other freinds. I dont think I ever be will going back to Inglaterra ever agen.

I have met somebody here and she is very like you, much. Her name is Grazzielle. She very nice. You and her maybe be friends.

I maybe writing more letter to you, but I want to say that I do still lofe you, but not how I use to.

I am hoping you will gat oveh me, since we not seaing eachother anymore.

Yours sincerely,

Bruno

The first thing I had noticed about his letter is the fact that it was in English. He and I use to speak Spanish to eachother. Why was he writing in English?

The second thing I had noticed was the bad grammer. I wasn't a grammer snob but I knew Bruno wasn't that bad...But that was probably since I wasn't very use to seeing him use English.

When I read the second paragraph, my knees gave way and I fell into a heap on the floor. Why would he do this to me?

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-31-2007, 02:21 PM

Part four:

"La, why aren't you eating your green beans? You like your green beans." Mother asked me.

It was exactly four hours and fifty three minutes since I had read that letter. The word "why" lingered in my thoughts. At that current moment I loathed him. I guess my mum was right about fourteen year olds being incapable of falling in love. If that was true, what was the feeling I had for Bruno called? Adoration?

Whatever it was called. It disapeared. The only feelings I felt for him now was hatred, hurt, and many other things. Who was this Grazzielle girl? And what did he mean she was alot like me? Why are boys so difficult? I couldn't help thinking.

"I'm just not hungry mum, I think I might be coming down with something." I replied, pushing my green beans around my plate. I loved green beans! Why did I feel like throwing it out and smashing the plate into smithereans?

"Really? Should I take you to the doctors tommorow morning? Your little sister is going for her checkup anyway. I could book you an appointment around the same time!" My mum was so fussy.

"No. I dont need the doctors. I just want to go and sleep." What would the doctor diagnose me with anyway? A broken heart? I got off my chair and went upto my room. I locked the door and hid under my blanket. I was so happy that all my brothers and sisters were out somewhere, either at their friends houses or whatever. I could have the whole room which I shared with my two sisters, all to myself, and no one to bother me.

I dont know how long it was till I found myself dreaming about Thaun, the boy that gave me the parcel. Why the heck did he look so much like Bruno? Or was it just me? Or maybe it was a sign...Something about his face intrigued me deeply.

I wanted to find out more about him.

I NEEDED to find out more about him.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-31-2007, 02:50 PM

I wont be continuing this story yet, I need to think of more ideas first xD But so far, I think it was alright especially since I had no time to plan etc xP

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2007, 11:19 AM

Hehe, my little sister just told me this joke which she got from a Sydney Sheldon book! xDD (I just copied the kind of idea, but wrote it in my own way :3)

There were three men that were hiking up a mountain, and they were suddenly stopped by a very beautiful woman with blue hair and purple eyes. She said "I am Genova, the Genie of this mountain. I shall grant you each a wish" The three men glanced at eachother hesitantly.

Genova turned to the first man. "What is your wish?" She asked.
"Um...I would like to be 25% smarter." He said. The genie danced a little dance and all of a sudden the man yelled "I feel smarter!" So Genova turned to the second man and asked the same question. "I wish I was 50% smarter." He replied. Still a bit sceptic about the whole thing. The genie did her crazy little dance again and he also yelled "I feel smarter!"

The genie finally turned to the third man. "What is your wish?" The man gave it some thought, then said "I want to be 100% smarter!" Genova did her dance and instead of the man shouting out, he turned into a woman!

HAHA! Do you guys get it?! I love that joke xD Sorry if I offended anyone Dx
================================================

I dont think I'll be continuing the story "I miss you" anytime soon. For starters, it's getting boring xD And besides, I need to plan it out more. It IS based on MY life, but not everything there is real xP

So whilest I'm planning that story, I'm going to introduce you guys to another one of my short stories. It's called "Charm bracelet" Again. I'm going to be making this one up as I go along, but I have the basic idea of it in my head :3

It'll be about another...girl and boy xD Or should I say man and woman xP

This story is NOT based on real life, I just thought of this idea and I didnt want to forget about it xD

It'll be parted into two posts :3 First part and second x3

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-01-2007, 11:54 AM

Part one:

"Aww! Jackson! Thanks so much. I love it! I love you!" Anamarie squealed, heaving herself into her boyfriends arms. She let go of him and eyed the charmed bracelet he had just given her. It was so pretty, she thought. Solid gold with a six charms hanging off of it.

The first charm was shaped as a box of chocolates. Jackson knew how much she loved her little chocolates. The second charm was a bouquette of roses. Everytime she looked at it, she liked to think they were blood red roses, she had always thought they were romantic. The third charm was a bottle of wine. She only drank wine on special occasions, but she enjoyed drinking it anyway. The fourth charm was the symbol of a bed. Haha, she thought, this is getting weird. This is SO like Jackson. The last charm was a dagger. Jackson is such a FREAK! She smiled.

"Hello, how may I help you?" Anamarie was doing her shift at the Electrical help studio. She was getting pretty tired of this job, it bored her to no end. "Have you checked that your fridge is actually plugged in?" She asked the person on the phone. Some people that called in were so stupid. I mean, the woman calling now was asking if they could help with her new fridge which supposedly didn't work, but the problem was...She hadn't actually plugged it in! Ugh! People these days get on my nerves! She said to herself. She snickered quietly to herself.

"Is there an Anamarie Johansson in the hizhouse?!" Said a familiar voice. It was Tyrell, the delivary boy. She always noticed him, but he never had any parcels for her.

"Um, I'm an Anamarie Johansson." She said.
"Oh, you've recieved a package, can you sign for it please?" Tyrell said shoving an order paper under her nose.
"Yes, I'll sign for it. Thanks." She mumbled, grabbing a pen from her desk. The minute Tyrell left, she ripped open the parcel as if she was a hungry dog and the parcel was a peice of meat.

It was a box of chocolate. I wonder who this is from. She grinned to herself, knowing full well who it was from. She opened the box and frowned. The box was empty apart from one of the chocolates that she hated with all her might.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2007, 12:26 PM

That night when she saw her boyfriend, she confronted him instantly about chocolate from hell. He responded with a mysterious smirk and one word. "Whoops".

The next day was a Saturday, no more work! She thought to herself. She decided that that day she would go shopping. When she walked down her stairs, she heard a knock. On the door. "Delivery!" The shrill voice on the other side shrieked.

Opening the door unsurely, Anamarie peeped out. It was a girl, about her age holding a big bouquette of deep red roses. She gasped out in surprise. They were beautiful! But then as she took a closer look she saw that half of the bunch had their heads cut off. Ew, what kind of a freak would do that? One word. Jackson. She laughed to herself saying that Jackson was just messing around.

When she went back upstairs to her room, she saw her window open and on the bed was a bottle of wine. White wine to be exact. I'll just have a bit now. She nodded opening the bottle. She had four and a half glasses and yawned. "Better get to sleep" she slurred, "the next charm IS a bed!"

Her sleep was interupted by a sudden ring of her phone. "Hello?" She answere groggily "Is this Anamarie?! Your mother's fallen off a ladder at work! We need you to come here with a few of her things!" The voice at the other end exclaimed.

Quickly, Anamarie put together a bag of toilettries, clothes, all that kind of stuff and jumped into her car and drove off. She knew she was drunk, but was determined to get to the hospital. She saw a car infront of her...too close. And she swerved. Swerved straight into a broken down tree trunk. She could feel herself fading out.

When she woke up, she was in a hospital, on one of those uncomfortable hospital beds. There were people around her with their heads in their hands, walking around the room nervously. "She-she's awake!" A voice squeeled. Hugs and kisses were coming towards her and she blacked out again.

This time when she woke up, there was no one in the room besides...Jackson! "Jackson! I'm so glad to see you! What happened to me?" She yelled. Jackson smiled unnervely and brought his hands out infront of him showing a dagger. "This."

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Ok, my story is about a mother and daughter who dont communicate much with each other especially after a death in the family.

Throughout the story, there will be the Daughters point of view, then the mothers, then a narrator. The Mothers point of view will be in red, the daughter's in green and narrator (who only comes up once near the end) will be in indigo.

The story is pretty boring at the beginning and it's near the end where it starts to get interesting.

Oh, and before I forget, the story is said out as the mother and daughters thoughts :3

<3 Ok, enjoy!

This is an entry for a contest I entered :3

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2007, 12:29 PM

Saturday 24th July 2001

Whoever said that you should always love and cherish your mother is an idiot that must’ve been dropped on the head as a baby. Yeah, sure they brought you into this damned world, but did we ask to be brought here? No, in fact, I’d prefer it if I was non-existent, then I wouldn’t have to put up with shit. Life is a bitch, no actually scratch that. Teenage life is a bitch, and it doesn’t exactly help that my mum is the principle of my bloody school, a school for mentally deranged ghetto wannabes. I’m not disturbed up there, but my mum gets paid ton loads to be the principle and says it would be easier if I went there too. What a caring mother eh?

Saturday 24th July 2001

I don’t know what I’ve done wrong. Maybe fed her the wrong food? Bought her the wrong clothes? Whatever it is, I can’t take it any more. She wasn’t always like this. Only after He died. She was always such a happy child but after that accident five years ago, poor lad, was only five years of age. I cant take anymore of this crap. I have to put an end to it…

Sunday 25th July 2001

Let’s just set one thing straight. I don’t hate my mum. She’s the only one I have left. Especially after Joel died. I guess he was the heart and soul of this weird family. He was only five when he died, poor little boy. Ever since he…went…things haven’t been the same. Mother accepted the job at the School of the Demented. She’s completely changed, she use to be a calm, organised secretary, but after the accident, she ditched her job and now she’s a neurotic cow who stays up till midnight pacing about in the kitchen. She blames me for the death of Joel, God knows why. It’s 12:30am now and I can hear my mum walking around the kitchen banging things and muttering. See what I mean by neurotic?

Monday 26th July 2001

School was hell today. My idiotic friends decided to go on a pissup at lunchtime and walked out of school to go buy ciggies at the corner shop. No, my friends don’t fit under the “mentally deranged” category, but they come swiftly under the “ghetto wannabes” section. Rumours spread and GUESS who comes to the “rescue” no other but my dearest mother. You should’ve seen it. She came down to our hideout, all guns a-blazing and shouting at us as if we were pieces of gum underneath her new stilettos. I was dead embarrassed! My friends already hated her for snitching to their parents after finding them bunking off school in the shopping centres! This time was even worse. My friends won’t stand for it this time…

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-12-2007, 12:30 PM

Monday 27th July 2001

Ugh, Juliana and her little mates are really doing my head in. I caught them bunking at lunchtime, and wait for it. Not only were they bunking, they were smoking and drinking as well! I didn’t actually see Juliana herself smoking etc, but maybe she was just about to. Maybe she’s been smoking/drinking from ages ago. Maybe she has cancer? I don’t even want to think of it. She’s lost hope she is.

Tuesday 28th July 2001

Oh no. Fuck no, this day is the worst day ever. Why you ask? My so called friends are making me choose between committing suicide, or…Killing my mother. I knew her catching us skipping school really pissed them off, but I didn’t think it would come to this. As I’m writing this entry, tears are spilling all over the place since I’m scared. Scared and annoyed. They’re meant to be my friends, yet they’re making me choose between my own life, or the only person I have left in my life. But…I don’t want to die…

I know what I have to do…

Tuesday 28th July 2001

This is my 8th cup of coffee. I look at the clock, it’s 1:27am. Yet I am as fired up as a rabbit with a firework shoved up it’s arse. I hate sleep. Sleep leads to nightmares. Nightmares of the accident. In the dreams, Juliana is shouting and shrieking at me “You killed Joel! It’s your fault you stupid bitch! You never do anything right!” I know she blames me. She doesn’t exactly say as much about it but I know she’s thinking about it in that head of hers. No, it wasn’t my fault was it? No it wasn’t. Yes it was. Oh, there’s Juliana now, coming down the stairs. I’m just about to open my mouth and tell her to go back to sleep, but I see what she has in her hand. It’s shiny and sharp. Holy fuck, it’s a knife…

The brown haired daughter takes steady steps towards the mother. Her eyes are gleaming and you can tell she has been crying a lot. She’s just plain annoyed now. The mother takes a step back and has a shocked look on her face. She’s mumbling. You cant quite tell what exactly she’s saying but it sounds like a plead. I’m sorry mother, but this deed has to be done, the daughter says. A milli-second later, the knife goes in, the daughter screams, the mother screams. Blood goes everywhere.

I gasp at the pain and groan, why the fuck didn’t I stab myself in the heart? It would’ve been easier. I can heard my mum screeching “Juliana! What have you done?!” She’s crying now. This is so typical of her. Making it harder than it should be. I can feel myself fading away. Yes. I decided to set my differences apart with my mum and pick her life over mine. If I didn’t kill her, my “friends” would’ve gotten rid of me instead. I’m going. This sensation feels so weird…It’s as if I can feel my brain shutting off, it’s shutting down…I’m feeling myself disappear…

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:03 PM

Woww! I haven't written any of my stories here for ages O:

So my next story is something I did for my coursework...It is called a "travel through fairytales" :3 Haha, lameee xD

It's basically about a Granny telling her children about an adventure she had when she was younger :3

I have two versions! Please tell me which one is better :3 Version one will be written in green and second will be written in red :3 <33

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 PM

“THUD, THUD, THUD,” the sound of my tennis ball bouncing on the wall reassured me that I was still alive. Nowadays, it was really hard to tell since the days just droned on and on. That’s why I hated summer holidays so much, I had rather be in school, and that’s saying something!
“THUD, THUD, THUD, THUD…SPLASH!” The change in rhythm shocked me. Puzzled, I look behind me and saw that the ball had bounced from the wall in front of me, all the way to the fish tank behind me.
I crouch down so I am on the same level as the fish in the fish tank, and I swear to you, the damn fish winked at me! Deciding that I was hallucinating, I shook my head, told myself to get with it, and looked for my tennis ball in the gigantic fish tank. It was completely hidden in the green murky muck that I called water.
“Geez!” I say out loud, “how in the world can I get it back now?” I ask myself. The thought of sticking my hand in all that junk disgusted me to no end. When was the last time I cleaned the thing? I thought to my self, holding my breath so I didn’t have to breathe in the toxic waste that my goldfish lived in.
“Oi! Toots!” I scratchy voice yelled out. “I’ll scratch your scales if you scratch mine!” I looked around me, thinking that I had finally cracked and gone crazy. My head turned around the whole of my room until it settled on the fish tank. The fish…Was talking to me!
“What? You’re not talking to me! I must be imagining this…” I said, half to myself, and half to the fish.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:13 PM

“My name is Goldy McGoldCod and I once use to be a famous tennis player,” the fish started. “When I was preparing for the “Goldball tournament, my evil rival somehow turned me into a goldfish because he was jealous.” He continued. Every second I spent in the same room as it, the crazier I felt.
“So what do you want me to do about that?” I say, an eyebrow raised.
“Just a kiss…If you kiss me, I’ll turn back into a human, and I will give you your tennis ball back. In fact, I’ll give you a truckload of them!” The goldfish replied to me. The more I thought about my situation, the more it reminded me about a certain fairytale, involving a certain frog and a certain princess. Well what happened to the princess? I think to myself, struggling to remember. She ended up marrying the prince didn’t she? I personally thought I was a little too young for marriage, but the truckload of tennis balls sounded good.
“Ok, you can have a kiss. But only a little cheek action.” I sigh. How bad could it be? The fish was talking to me! The worst that could happen would be that he had bad breath.
“Here goes nothing then…” I muttered leaning into the fish tank. I couldn’t believe I was actually putting my face anywhere near the emerald water. Two seconds later, I realised that my lips had touched the scaly side of Goldy. The texture irritated my lips and I yanked my head back in repugnance. It just occurred to me that what I was doing was repulsive.
I stood back, expecting to see an amazing transformation, but instead, all had gotten was a smirking goldfish swimming in front of me.
“So what happened to my truckload of tennis balls?” I exclaimed out in frustration.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:14 PM

“There was never going to be a truckload of tennis balls, toots. Look at me, all alone in an immensely huge fish tank like this.” He grinned, “I was lonely.” The last sentence he said was the last few words I heard till I felt myself getting drowsy and falling to the ground.
What felt like years after, I woke up. Gazing around at my surroundings, I realised I was not at home anymore. Heck, I didn’t know where I was, but wherever it was, the place needed some air freshener
When I jumped up to my feet, I was aware of the fact that I was not alone. I could see seven pairs of eyes staring down at me. As my eyes adjusted to the dark, I could see seven gigantic figures all surrounded around me.
“Who are you people?” I asked, although in my mind, I was thinking; WHAT are you people? A second after I asked the question, one of the massive figures stepped towards me and introduced himself as Doc. I just remember thinking to myself what kind of name is DOC? But of course, I didn’t say anything in fear of being squished by one of these beings.
Slowly, the other six figures strode up and introduced themselves to me.
After a while, I found out that they’re names were; Happy, Dopey, Helpful, Sneezy, Grumpy and Sleepy.
Happy was the most corpulent out of the seven, Dopey looked the youngest, what also helped bring the youthful image was the fact that he was the only one out of the seven that had no facial hair; Helpful was the shyest looking one since a lot of the time, he had his hands clasped behind his back and was always blushing. Sneezy was the most suited to his name since every five seconds that passed, you would feel an enormous shake and you’d know he had sneezed. Grumpy was always red-faced and looked like he wanted to punch or shout someone. And last but not least, Sleepy had a heavy-lidded look. He carried around a giant blanket with him.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:15 PM

“Are you lost?” Doc booms down at me.
“Kind of, I don’t know where I am, one minute I was in my room, then the next, I find myself here in this cave.” I responded, reluctant to talk to the giant. I hear various comments from the other giants.
“We will take you to our castle, and we’ll show you how to get home from there.” Doc says. I follow the seven “men” to the outside and realise that the cave was placed right next to a looming castle. I guess it had to be big, considering it was lived in by seven unusually, enormous beings.
“Welcome to our humble abode,” Grumpy says sarcastically. What was with that guy anyway? I thought.
Helpful made us all some tea and we all sat around a toasty fire. “So you’re a human?” Dopey asked me with a puzzled look on his face.
“Yes, I’m human,” I replied. That had been the fifth time he asked me the same question. The more time I had spent in this place, the more I started to feel as if I was in a fairytale myself. I mean, where else would you find seven giants that live in a castle?
After I had swigged the last drop of the weird tasting tea, I suddenly felt sleepy…I had felt this feeling before, right after I had kissed the fleecing fish. Before I knew it, I felt my head drooping forward, my hands unwinding around my mug of tea and my eyes suddenly weighing the weight of an elephant.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:16 PM

I was awakened by a shake of my shoulders and as I slowly open my eyes, I saw myself staring up at Dopey.
“I’m not meant to tell you but the others are planning on eating you for supper and I thought you should know because nobody likes to get eaten without being told so.” He stops, shudders as he realises his mistake, and continues; “I wasn’t meant to tell you…”
Of course, at hearing the plan of eating me, I stumbled to my feet and ran. I didn’t know where I was running to but I didn’t care, as long as I was far away from the cannibal giants.
“BUMP!” I noticed that I had bumped into something. What was it? A door? The affect it had on my poor head suggested that whatever it was, was made of metal. When I looked to see what it was that made me drop to my feet, I saw Helpful looking down at me.
“I know Dopey told you! I’ll help you escape from here! I promise to you that you’ll be safe!” He exclaimed, taking up a superman pose. Naturally, I didn’t know whether I should trust this vivacious giant or not, but figuring I didn’t have much to lose, I followed him. He stayed true to his word, and before I know it, I was outside in the fresh air.
“Follow the yellow brick road and you’ll find your way home eventually.” He pointed, just before turning back toward his dishevelled home. Seeing as he had followed through with his promise, I decided that I could trust him. So I followed the yellow brick road. Now where had I heard of that? The Lizard of Oz of course! I remembered.
Hours seemed to past, and I found myself at the end of the yellow brick road, in a forest of some sort. In front of me, I saw something that looked like a couch which had been dropped in a tub of disaster dye. As I squinted, I saw it had eyes. Since when did couches have eyes? And a tail. No, it wasn’t a couch, it was a giant lizard! Like in the Lizard of Oz!

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:16 PM

“Excuse me sir,” I whispered nervously. “Can you tell me how to get home?”
“Turn around, on the floor you will find a leaf with directions on it.” He says elusively. I do what he tells me to do, and pick up the oddly shaped leaf on the ground.
“What?” I thought out loud “These directions make no sense!” When I turn around, puff the magic dragon went poof. Angrily, I shoved the leaf in my back pocket and carried on my journey home. If I just follow this stream, I’ll find myself at a town or village of some sort! I thought to myself. I follow my plan, and walk down. Breaking the silence, a familiar scratchy voice yells out; “Toots! I’ve been lookin’ all over for you!” His voice annoys me immensely, seeing as if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have been in that place. I reach in the stream and grab a hold of the tiny fish.
“Tell me how to get home or I’ll pull your fins off!” I exclaimed.
“Ok, ok! Cool your pretty self, I’ll tell you how to get home.” He replies, with another wink. Before this day, I didn’t even know it was physically possible for a fish to do anything with it’s eyes. “Drink two handfuls of this stream water and chant “I want to go home, I want to go home, I want to go home.”
I did what the fish told me and found myself back at home. In my bed. Just awoken. “Wow, what a dream.” I sigh, I was exasperated from dreaming that much adventure! I feel something scratching at my bottom and reach into my back pocket. It was a badly drawn leaf map.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:18 PM

Lol, ok. That was version one :3 I honestly LOVED writing that for my coursework! I got a B for that :3 It was my first draft xD Then the teacher gave me some comments to help me with it, but I truely didn't understand her and wrote another version :3 I haven't handed it in yet, but I want to see which one you guys think is the best :3 <33

So now here is the second version, written in red xDD (J'adore writing with colours xD)

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:24 PM

Ehm, added on to the last post, I am going to post half a page on Microsoft Word, into one post on here :3 If you understand what I mean xD It's easier for me that way :3

I can feel the scorching warmness on my back coming from the halogen electrical heater. In the chilly winter, the feeling was soothing next to the bitter coldness. The only missing thing from this sumptuousness would be a story from an experienced person. I peep around at my younger siblings. None of us has lived long enough to be experienced in anything. The only elder person crouched down by the heater was our dear grandma; but I highly doubt that she had much to tell. She worked as a librarian for a children’s library from the age of sixteen all the way till she retired. The most exhilarating life experience she had would probably be that someone returned a book overdue. Slowly, I gaze around at my surroundings. Uninterestedly. the dull red walls seemed as if they would close up on each other and take me with them; to be honest, at that point in time, I wouldn’t have minded.
“Do you children want to hear a story?” Finally, someone spoke, after what seemed like hours. It was grandma, a chorus of “yes please!” and “Please do” rang out. I guess my siblings were as bored as me. “I’ll tell you a story of an adventure.” She whispered, trying to sound exciting. “It’s one of my own experiences,” she continued sensing that I wasn’t interested. “To do with fairytales.” She probed my face, looking for any change in expression. My ears had perked up at the sound of the word “fairytale”. I was definitely interested now. My grandmother knew about my fascination with fairytales.
“Yes! Please tell us!” I exclaimed. Would this be the end to my boredom?
Satisfied, grandmother began her story. “Ella, when I was about your age, I was just sitting in my room, as bored as you children are now, bouncing my

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:25 PM

favourite tennis ball on the wall opposite to me.” She began, referring to me, Ella. “Thud, thud, thud. I had to hear the ball bouncing on the wall for me to remember that I was still alive. That is how bored I was at the time.” I guess she was as impatient as me at times. “Thud, thud, thud. Then there was a change in rhythm. Instead of another presumed thud, there was a splash. Before I even had to turn, I knew what had happened. My most valued item had dropped into my super-sized fish tank. I had a feeling that I wouldn’t get it back. Unless I could stick my hand into that gunk that my lonesome goldfish lived in. No thank you! I thought at the time.
“Oi! Toots!” A scratchy voice called out. I turned around, and frantically looked around me, wondering where the voice came from. I was home alone at the time, and the nearest neighbours to us were one hundred metres away. I looked at my fish tank. Nah, it can’t be. I thought. But I was wrong. I squinted my eyes at the adorable goldfish that swam within the emerald muck and I swear to you children, the fish winked at me!” The thought of anybody winking at my old, wrinkly grandma, made me shudder with revulsion.
“Of course by then, I realized that it was the fish after all, but I was in shock. Who in their right mind wouldn’t be? “Who are you?” I asked him, raising an eyebrow.” I didn’t even know my grandma was capable of doing anything with her eyebrows. ““I’ll scratch your scales if you scratch mine!” The scratchy voice persisted. Sensing my bemusement, he introduced himself

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:25 PM

“My name is Goldy McGoldCod and I once use to be a famous tennis player,” the fish started. “When I was preparing for the “Goldball tournament, my evil rival somehow turned me into a goldfish because he was jealous.” He continued. Every second that I had spent in that room, the crazier I felt.
“So what do you want me to do about that?” I enquired, my eyebrow still raised.
“Just a kiss…If you kiss me, I’ll turn back into a human, and I will give you your tennis ball back. In fact, I’ll give you a truckload of them!” The goldfish replied to me. The more I thought about the outlandish situation I was in, the more it reminded me of a certain fairytale, involving a certain princess and a certain frog. What happened to the princess? I struggled to remember. She ended up marrying the prince didn’t she? I personally thought I was a little too young for marriage, but the truckload of tennis balls sounded good. Plus, how bad could it be? I couldn’t imagine that my life would get any shoddier than this. I was bored in my room, a fish was talking to me, and the worst that could have happened is that the fish had bad breath.
“I’ll give you a little peck on the cheek, but that’s as far as it can go,” I agreed. I didn’t even know fish had cheeks, but I was willing to try.
“Here goes nothing then…” I muttered leaning into the fish tank. I couldn’t believe I was actually putting my face anywhere near the emerald water. Two seconds later, I realised that my lips had touched the scaly side of Goldy. The texture irritated my lips and I yanked my head back in repugnance. It just occurred to me that what I was doing was repulsive.
I stood back, expecting to see an amazing transformation, but instead, all had gotten was a smirking goldfish swimming in front of me.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:26 PM

“So what happened to my truckload of tennis balls?” I exclaimed out in frustration.” The mere idea of my grandma having any mouth contact with any type of reptile nauseated me. This was the woman that gave birth to my mother for God’s sake!
“At that point, I was furious! The fish had just practically told me that I kissed him for nothing. “There was never going to be a truckload of tennis balls, toots. Look at me, all alone in an immensely huge fish tank like this.” He grinned, “I was lonely.” That last sentence that he spoke were the last words I heard until I started to feel drowsy, and fell to the ground.
What felt like years after, I woke up. Gazing around at my surroundings, I realised I was not at home anymore. Heck, I didn’t know where I was, but wherever it was, the place needed some air freshener. As I looked around, everything looked so surreal I almost thought I was asleep. In the distance, I could hear crows crowing, rats squeaking and the sound that an ice pick makes once it comes in contact with a rocky surface.
When I jumped up to my feet, I was aware of the fact that I was not alone. I could see seven pairs of eyes staring down at me. As my eyes adjusted to the dark, I could see seven gigantic figures all surrounded around me.
“Who are you people?” I asked, although in my mind, I was thinking; WHAT are you people? A second after I asked the question, one of the massive figures stepped towards me and introduced himself as Doc. I just remember thinking to myself what kind of name is DOC? But of course, I didn’t say anything in fear of being squished by one of these beings,” Doc? Wasn’t that one of the seven dwarves? I thought silently.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:27 PM

“Slowly, the other six figures strode up and introduced themselves to me.
After a while, I had found out that they’re names were; Happy, Dopey, Helpful, Sneezy, Grumpy and Sleepy.
Happy was the most corpulent out of the seven, Dopey looked the youngest, what also helped bring the youthful image was the fact that he was the only one out of the seven that had no facial hair; Helpful was the shyest looking one since a lot of the time, he had his hands clasped behind his back and was always blushing. Sneezy was the most suited to his name since every five seconds that passed, you would feel an enormous shake and you’d know he had sneezed. Grumpy was always red-faced and looked like he wanted to punch or shout someone. And last but not least, Sleepy had a heavy-lidded look. He carried around a giant blanket with him. So far, they looked like friendly “people”.” So far the story was getting interesting. I could feel fingers furling, than unfurling. The very idea that all of this had happened to my grandma was exciting enough.
““Are you lost?” Doc boomed down at me.
“Kind of, I don’t know where I am, one minute I was in my room, then the next, I find myself here in this cave.” I responded, reluctant to talk to the giant. I hear various comments from the other giants.
“We will take you to our castle, and we’ll show you how to get home from there.” Doc says. I followed the seven “men” to the outside and realised that the cave was placed right next to a looming castle. I guess it had to be big, considering it was lived in by seven unusually, enormous beings.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:28 PM

Oh children, I don’t even know how to describe it! Just a glance at the castle was enough to fill me with dread. The windows were all boarded up; it looked as if they couldn’t afford windows. I could see seven crows hunched up on the roof. Seven crows meant bad luck.
“Welcome to our humble abode,” Grumpy says sarcastically. What was with that guy anyway? I thought.
Helpful made us all some tea and we all sat around a toasty fire. “So you’re a human?” Dopey asked me with a puzzled look on his face.
“Yes, I’m human,” I replied. That had been the fifth time he asked me the same question. Children, the more time I had spent in this place, the more I started to feel as if I was in a fairytale myself. Where else would you find seven giants that live in a castle?” Ha, ha! I thought. Grandmother and the seven giants! It would remind someone of a fairytale just by looking at the title!
After I had swigged the last drop of the weird tasting tea, I suddenly felt sleepy…I had felt this feeling before, right after I had kissed the fleecing fish. Before I knew it, I felt my head drooping forward, my hands unwinding around my mug of tea and my eyes suddenly weighing the weight of an elephant.
I was awakened by a frantic shake of my shoulders and as I slowly open my eyes, I saw myself staring up at Dopey.
“I’m not meant to tell you but the others are planning on eating you for supper and I thought you should know because nobody likes to get eaten without being told so.” He stops, shudders as he realises his mistake, and continues; “I wasn’t meant to tell you…”

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2007, 07:29 PM

Of course, at hearing the plan of eating me, I stumbled to my feet and ran. I didn’t know where I was running to but I didn’t care, as long as I was far away from the cannibal giants.
“BUMP!” I dropped to the ground after having run into something. What was it? A door? The affect it had on my poor head suggested that whatever it was, was made of metal. When I looked to see what it was that made me drop to my feet, I saw Helpful looking down at me.” I think by this time, my teeth were shaking with excitement. The way she was telling the story hooked me on.
“I know Dopey told you! I’ll help you escape from here! I promise to you that you’ll be safe!” He exclaimed, taking up a superman pose. Naturally, I didn’t know whether I should trust this vivacious giant or not, but figuring I didn’t have much to lose, I followed him. He stayed true to his word, and before I know it, I was outside in the fresh air.
“Follow the yellow brick road and you’ll find your way home eventually.” He pointed, just before turning back toward his dishevelled home. Seeing as he had followed through with his promise, I decided that I could trust him. So I followed the yellow brick road. Now where had I heard of that? The Lizard of Oz of course! I remembered.” I was pretty sure it was the WIZARD of Oz, but nonetheless, I let her continue.
“Hours seemed to past, and I found myself at the end of the yellow brick road, in a forest of some sort. I peered around the atmosphere, thoughts were buzzing through my head.