M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 08:42 PM

Oops. I put "non-fiction" instead of "fiction" for my favorite books.
The books that are my FAVORITE are all FICTION. (I don't think I've read anything non-fiction, rofl)

---------- Post added 04-22-2014 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
I'm in Menewsha Nation unless pinged elsewhere when there's no event going on.
Do you have your own hangout thread? Or do you stay in the RAK?

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2014, 08:44 PM

Same here, really. LOL. I love young adult fantasy full of clichés~ I barely notice.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 08:48 PM

blueblackrose:
Hadsvich:
Kent:
R a n d e h:
Roachi:
Suona:

Would you like to play?

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2014, 08:50 PM

A batch o' summons!

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Same here, really. LOL. I love young adult fantasy full of clichés~ I barely notice.
yay! Well... I do like some movies based on true stories but I can't stand RL stories. The books I read do reference RL history, though. But in an interesting way ~

Do you have a favorite young adult fantasy book?

---------- Post added 04-22-2014 at 03:50 PM ----------

Yesss! a rare summons >8D

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2014, 08:53 PM

Picking a favorite is too hard. XD Because of friends, I might end up reading The Mortal Instruments. It's a long series, it seems. o3o And I like long. I'm a fast reader.

Hadsvich
Maneki Neko Beckons

Penpal

Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM

Oh, thanks for pinging me~
I saw this thread yesterday but forgot about it today.
x'3
I totally want to try this~ * ^*

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2014, 09:00 PM

Hi, person I am 99.9% sure I have never seen!

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 09:00 PM

True ~

The book saga over the movie? ewh. XD I like the Clockwork series more; I have the trilogy
Oh, welcome to the club!!! I'm a fast reader too! So much so... that I'm a devourer of books D|

But the instruments thing--did you ever watch the movie? I haven't. Although, I've read some reviews that said it was poop.

---------- Post added 04-22-2014 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadsvich View Post
Oh, thanks for pinging me~
I saw this thread yesterday but forgot about it today.
x'3
I totally want to try this~ * ^*
yay! I'm glad you do > w <

I wonder where you've been. I haven't seen you posting here yet xD
The forum, that is.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2014, 09:04 PM

I have not. I saw the Clockwork series recommended by a well-read, trusted person and thought that was all there was. Now that I know it happened before this "The Mortal Instruments" series, I'm glad I read it first. I don't like reading one thing and then going back to something that happened before it.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 09:09 PM

Oh, fiddlesticks. I would've considered watching it if you did. xD
Online reviewers are more analytical or at least they try to be when dissecting a movie based on its plot/animation.

I understand. I researched the authors series before I became interested in her stories.
I don't know why but it seems the books based on the movies are never good or worth their weight in gold.

I also read the free online previews, that helps the most when deciding if you like a book or not.

Hadsvich
Maneki Neko Beckons

Penpal

Old 04-22-2014, 09:09 PM

@Amane: Really? o 3o I'm pretty sure I've seen you around~
Though I guess I don't post much, so I can understand why you haven't seen me. lol
I'm more of a lurker.
x'3
But, well, hello there~ o uo

@Miro: I'm interested in seeing how many of these I'll get correct. x'3

The only thread I posted in so far is the Bowling for Bunnies thread just to play the game.
Haven't really gotten the time to chat in any threads till now.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 09:24 PM

fufufu! I'm interested* too - for everyone's answers ~
Plus, I think the scavenging around mene may help, lul

Ohs. Well, that is a fun game! Although, I wish I could roll high numbers all the time T A T;;
How have your dice rolls been going?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 PM

you don't earn goldie lurking, Hadsie

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 PM

Squirrel's got the right idea. I'm getting goldies to cover my spending because I have spending issues. Getting this gold took me forever, and it goes down so fast after buying something it makes me sad. </3

@Miro: I skim the synopsis because I want to know whether or not I want to read it, but I also want go into the book knowing as little as possible. I like being surprised. As long as the ending is favorable!

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-22-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
you don't earn goldie lurking, Hadsie
Playing the mene games can make you stay a lurker.

Though, I don't play them anymore unless I'm bored.
I want a game like Bejeweled desperately!

Quote:
Squirrel's got the right idea. I'm getting goldies to cover my spending because I have spending issues. Getting this gold took me forever, and it goes down so fast after buying something it makes me sad. </3

@Miro: I skim the synopsis because I want to know whether or not I want to read it, but I also want go into the book knowing as little as possible. I like being surprised. As long as the ending is favorable!
Oooph! Hoarding gold is hard. I get upset after I've saved up so much for a certain item to see it all go away. @ . @;

Not even if it doesn't necessarily give you all the specifics of the story? Usually if the book is successfully written, the first couple of pages is enough to draw you in without reading the rest. The online previews only show the 1st chapter, which I think is nice.

I do it solely because I don't want someone or myself to feel like I wasted money purchasing a book that I won't even like/read.

Haha! 90% of the time the endings are never favorable XD
They never end the way you want them to.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2014, 10:08 PM

I know that feel. Buying CIs is terrible.

Again, I like being surprised. I don't want to know specifcally how it begins until I have the book in my hands. I wish I could know, however, if the ending is one I wouldn't like or something I wouldn't want to read happens (which has yet to happen, but still). I like when I know it's going to be okay and the point of reading is finding out
how it becomes okay.

It's tough for me to not like something. Even if I don't like the ending, that doesn't mean it was a horrible story and I wasted my time. I've only read one book I can say I did not like. I found it in the library at the high school I went to and would read it while waiting for my mom to pick me up. The story was my kind of thing. Happy ending for everyone except the bad character, who had a horrible ending. It wasn't fantasy, but still. It was just a poorly-written story. When I read it, it wasn't bad, but looking back now that I'm older, it was really weird and today if I found myself reading such a book, I would only keep reading to have a good laugh.

That is correct! I've had it happen after I lost hope for a good ending, though. Once.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 04-23-2014, 07:46 AM

Too many questions for roachi's preggers brainzzzzz lol.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-23-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
I know that feel. Buying CIs is terrible.

Again, I like being surprised. I don't want to know specifcally how it begins until I have the book in my hands. I wish I could know, however, if the ending is one I wouldn't like or something I wouldn't want to read happens (which has yet to happen, but still). I like when I know it's going to be okay and the point of reading is finding out
how it becomes okay.

It's tough for me to not like something. Even if I don't like the ending, that doesn't mean it was a horrible story and I wasted my time. I've only read one book I can say I did not like. I found it in the library at the high school I went to and would read it while waiting for my mom to pick me up. The story was my kind of thing. Happy ending for everyone except the bad character, who had a horrible ending. It wasn't fantasy, but still. It was just a poorly-written story. When I read it, it wasn't bad, but looking back now that I'm older, it was really weird and today if I found myself reading such a book, I would only keep reading to have a good laugh.

That is correct! I've had it happen after I lost hope for a good ending, though. Once.
Yes. The prices for CIs are going UP and UP. xDD I only sell CIs at 2.5-3k and that's about it.
I never sell higher than that unless it's a mega rare (which I've never had). So, *shruggles*

Alright, I won't persuade you on reading ahead of time

Ah, well, I don't mean that the ending will make it seem like you've wasted your time. It's just so aggravating when it doesn't end the way you thought it would based on what had happened in the story. Instead, those kind of endings make me want to RE-READ the series all over again because there's certain characters that I wish wouldn't have died at the very end.

Hahahaa! High School libraries never really have anything worth reading. Mostly because it's supposed to have research materials... bleh. There is one book that I remember reading back in HS too. I'm hoping someday somebody can figure what the title is for me.

I think it said Devils Cupcake on the front with a horns on top and a devil tail? I'm not sure. It was about a girl who ate a cupcake or something and the devil liked this girl until she got fed up with it or something. It's been bothering me for a couple of years now. xDD

Was it from one of your fav books that it had happened to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Too many questions for roachi's preggers brainzzzzz lol.
awwwh I'm sowwies

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-23-2014, 03:30 PM

aw i should have scavangered hunted for answers

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-23-2014, 03:53 PM

you still can xDD
Its not Thursday yet. I haven't gotten PMs so far.

I did get a log of pings but that's from selling stuffuu in the marketplace.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-23-2014, 04:08 PM

oops I posted mine I'll edit it right now

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-23-2014, 04:29 PM

You did? I must've missed it

---------- Post added 04-23-2014 at 12:31 PM ----------

Or did you accidentally post it right then? XD
I don't think anyone saw, so, it's okedokey.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2014, 07:22 PM

@Miro: Bless you, my child. I'm especially hesitant to buy a CI for 4k or more, but that's usually the price they go up for.

The bit about wasting my time was me just saying. I didn't mean I thought you meant anything to do with that statement. I just live in denial when the ending is unfavorable. Create an imaginary ideal ending. Haha.

I found one of my favorite series at the same high school library, though. There were lots of good books. That one wasn't, though. LOL.

Yes, it was!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-23-2014, 09:01 PM

Miro don't forget to come into RAK and post for your feedback and game advertisments, sweetie