Chicory Pirate
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-03-2013, 05:01 AM

Those owls are AMAZING!!! :D The Blue Green and White one is my FAVORITE!! (three of my FAVORITE colors and its belly is SO CUTE!!!) The Blue one is a close second with the brown one coming in third. I like all of them though! =] They're really great! I wish I could crochet! It'd be easier for me to shop because they have a lot of different yarns at my local walmart.

Hey can I join the challenge? :D

I sculpt

(although I'm trying not to right now because I only have polymer clay and the stuff that's in it and the stuff that's released during baking makes me very uncomfortable as someone that cares about the environment and my family's health)

I sew

(mainly hand-sewing right now but I'm starting to learn how to use my sewing machine this week)

And I attempt to paint on occasion

(but that never turns out well so we'll see how that goes)

The crafts you could expect would be mainly plushies, odds and ends DIY stuff (possibly involving soda cans and their parts), phone charms, and possibly wire wrapping stuff using copper if I can find the wire my friend gave me. =]

You can definitely expect two plushies before the end of July as I need to make and give one as a present and I just need to clothe and define the first one I made that I've left alone for a few days.

The plushies will most likely be human plushies unless I decide to do like keychains or something late this year. Then I might do an assortment of animals but most likely owls and cats. =]

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-03-2013, 01:56 PM

Thanks Chicory! We'd love to have you join us. :)

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 07-04-2013, 01:49 AM

Chicory Pirate: We'd love for you to join! Be sure to let me know when you set up your list. :)

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 07-13-2013, 03:54 AM

How is every one doing on their crafts?

I've still got some that are midway in the process. I'm hoping to get a couple of them done this weekend. (That's my goal in fact) So hopefully, I can get them out of the way, and work on others that I haven't even started on yet.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-30-2013, 02:14 AM

Thought I'd update. I've been consumed with the crocheted block quilt I've been working on for the ground cover project. I'm getting close to being done finally, which is great because I've got a lot of other things I want to make! I discovered a thriving JoAnn Fabrics nearby, which is really fantastic for inspiration - the town I moved from had long since lost their craft stores except for a Micheal's which was hanging on by a thread.. no pun intended. xD

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 08-01-2013, 03:05 AM

We just had a JoAnn's open up fairly recently. I've forbidden myself from going in again, since the last time I did...

lol, but anyway, I found a pattern for an afghan that I can't wait to start on, but I've got a couple (couple? more like a bunch) of other small projects that I simply have to get done first. Hopefully, I can get them done quick so I can start working on it.

Once I do, I'll take a quick picture, and post on here.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-02-2013, 07:28 PM

*pokes the thread* I'll come back later tonight with my update. xD This looks interesting.

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 08-03-2013, 11:41 PM

And we'll be glad to have you, Seito. Let me know when you get your posting in so I can add you to the list.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-04-2013, 10:40 AM

owo b I believe I'm doing this right? I picked 10 but really I have to be doing much more than that to make next year's con...

Seito's 10 Craft Challenge

Medium: 3D Origami

1. Keyblade
2. Shark
3. Minions
4. Some My Little Pony Character
5. Bulbasaur
6. Charmander

Medium: Pixels
7. Complete All Current Orders in Pixel Shop
8. A new Neku and Sora Fusion Scene

Medium: Drawing (Any)
9. Anything. OTL Just... Anything.

Medium: Sewing
10. Neku Plushie

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 12:32 AM

Hey, welcome to the challenge Seito!

I haven't updated my own list in ages, although I have been working on a few things.
I'm still chugging away at my paper cranes. I think I'm down to around 300 cranes left.
I also made my first embroidery sampler! I have pics to upload soon.
I made a pair of felt and rice pocket warmers for a friend's birthday. All of the pocket warmers I make are star-shaped, but this time I embroidered some eyes onto them to make them into Mario stars. :3
Oh yeah, and I made a crochet produce bag ages ago too and have a second one in progress that is almost done. I'll try to get some pictures of those up soon too.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-13-2013, 05:49 PM

I need to update mine too. I even have pictures!

Roxxi Shiagami: I'm wondering if you'd like me to move this thread into the shiny new crafting forum? It's not required but it might get us more eyeballs and limbs! :D

P.S. I'm excited to see your sampler, Chexala! That's definitely on my list of "things to try soonish" :) I'm also interested in your pocket warmers, seems like a neat gift idea.

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 09-15-2013, 11:24 PM

Yeah! That'd be great, Belly. I'd really appreciate it. :)

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-16-2013, 12:03 AM

Okay, I shall do it! :3

I dropped off my quilt today. Bittersweet moment, first thing of that size I've crocheted and I was more attached to it than I expected. But, now I'm freed up to work on other things, so that's good. :) Took pictures & will upload them soon.

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 09-16-2013, 03:23 AM

Can't wait to see them.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 09-22-2013, 09:37 PM

I come bearing pictures!

Here is the embroidery sampler I made:

And in more detail (and focus):

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it now that I've made it. For now, my only idea is to put it in a cheap frame from a thrift shop or dollar store. Thoughts?

Here are the pocket warmers I make. These are the sets that I made for my family for Christmas:

The pair I made recently were yellow stars like this, but with black embroidered eyes like a Mario star.

And here is a special embroidered Totoro one that I made for a friend. I plan on making a Snorlax one to match it. :D

The pocket warmers are all made with cheap acrylic felt and stuffed with brown rice.

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 09-22-2013, 11:09 PM

Chexala, they are good! I really like your embroidery! I can't do it myself. Never turns out well.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 AM

You're quite talented, Chexala! I like that you've made your sampler mandala-like, looks very pretty. :3 Framing is a good idea. I'd be tempted to quilt it into a table mat thingie, but it'd probably get ruined quickly at my place if I did that. It'd make a lovely pillow front if you had use of a little round pillow.

The felt stars are so warm and happy feeling. Are the edges machine-sewn?

Your Totoro is fab! Very cute!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 09-23-2013, 03:25 AM

Thanks guys! ^__^

All the pocket warmers were hand stitched. They're too small for me to manage on a sewing machine, and I think the hand-stitching is nice for gifts like that. It takes me about an hour and a half to make a pair, or the space of two tv episodes. :)

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 10-12-2013, 01:27 AM

It's been a while. How's everyone doing on their crafts?

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2013, 05:27 PM

I'm terrible at uploading pics. Just when I had a break in craft obligations & time to get back to my other projects, I agreed to make a 2nd backup blanket for the Ground Cover Project. So, I'm doing that again! The new one is more maroon/red than the last. Got 5 squares done, only 23 to go!

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 10-15-2013, 02:17 AM

Awesome! I haven't had much luck in getting to my craft projects this year. It's just been crazy busy, working full time and taking some classes as well. Hopefully, I can get a little bit done on Thursday, when I just have my class.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 10-20-2013, 12:42 AM

I finished my paper cranes!!

Last edited by Chexala; 10-20-2013 at 02:09 AM..

Roxxi Shiagami
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 10-20-2013, 02:07 AM

Oh wow!!! They look good! So cute!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 10-20-2013, 02:12 AM

Thanks Roxxi. :) I felt kinda sad when I finished the last one, so I think I may make another thousand.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 AM

Wow! You're a folding machine!

They look beautiful. :)