Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 01-29-2016, 02:26 AM

Emma's noms have a very particular theme in mind xD

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-29-2016, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post

Exactly And right now she's trying to divorce her husband and they have a daughter so they're even more important - which is hard when you really enjoy the work you do! Granted she was basically the breadwinner anyways but having the added costs of rent etc. that they didn't have before, she wanted something a bit more to guarantee the support she needed

But she's enjoying her new work as well as it's rewarding in its own way, and she's still doing her work with the kids on a part-time basis, hoping they can increase their offer to her so that she can work more hours with them - but in the meantime she's finding the positives in her new job
oh wow yea that's a pretty drastic change. it's not quite so bad when one part of her life is going ok (the job i mean) because it's always better to not have every aspect be less than ideal :/

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-29-2016, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiki Nova View Post
Emma's noms have a very particular theme in mind xD
Bwahaha - yes, yes they do! ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
oh wow yea that's a pretty drastic change. it's not quite so bad when one part of her life is going ok (the job i mean) because it's always better to not have every aspect be less than ideal :/

For sure! And the divorce is actually a good thing, in my opinion - she's a lot happier now - plus from the day she got married I've always said she's going to wake up one day and regret it and get out - and now she's financially stable on her own and has finished college and can support herself and her daughter on her own so she's taking that step - it's a complicated marriage lol Basically he's a realty broker and he works when he wants to, which isn't very often

User
User = Linnea

Old 01-29-2016, 03:27 AM

Ok so I tallied the votes for this past round, so coding will be posted shortly. However, I did send Suona: her prize for the round before, so please check your trades!
Thanks for all the patience!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-29-2016, 03:30 AM

Quote:

For sure! And the divorce is actually a good thing, in my opinion - she's a lot happier now - plus from the day she got married I've always said she's going to wake up one day and regret it and get out - and now she's financially stable on her own and has finished college and can support herself and her daughter on her own so she's taking that step - it's a complicated marriage lol Basically he's a realty broker and he works when he wants to, which isn't very often
oh well then all the better! it does sound like a bit of an unfair situation and i know a think or two about that, which is also kind of sad :/ but yea, i'm a fan of people who can take charge and do what they have to even if it's hard. i admire people that strong

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-29-2016, 03:57 AM

I know what you mean -hugs- I know a thing or two about it two in different ways! Not with a spouse or partner, so in that way it's a little different. It definitely sucks no matter who the person is though. I 100% admire those who can take charge and overcome situations like that - they're certainly strong willed and strong minded! Personally I think it's a great quality to have - I wish I had more of it :/

On to happier topics though!!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-29-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:

Ahhh! Yayyy! I thought I recognized that! My brother was playing that game literally all December along with the other variations lol He was playing it in the living room while he was home on break so I felt like I actually played the game because I watched so much of the story mode since our living room is connected to our kitchen xD;

Speaking of Black Sails - do you watch the Starz show of that name at all? I'm literally obsessed with it and so glad it's back - Season 3 is already off to a crazy start!! I almost missed it with everything going on but I happened to catch a movie on Cinemeax I think promoting it and I'm like CRAP! Luckily it was online so I could watch it before the new episode came on

I think my brother and I have a bad obsession with Pirates xD;
Haha. Yeah, my boyfriend bought it and we've both been playing it. I really like it. I adore pirate anything, so I really like the story line.

You know, I saw that on TV the other day and was wondering what that was. I haven't heard of it before or seen any of it. It's really good?

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 01-29-2016, 04:49 AM

Quote:
They're pretty old saves, but I just loved how simple they were! Clock's reminds me of The Corpse Bride, lina's reminds me of Phantom of the Opera meets the Headless Horseman, and Vox's is like the herald (I think that's the right name) of death! For me the simplicity told a story with so few items - I loved it
Emma Corrin: thanks for the nom! that's actually one of my fav avi's I've ever done on here c:

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-29-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Haha. Yeah, my boyfriend bought it and we've both been playing it. I really like it. I adore pirate anything, so I really like the story line.

You know, I saw that on TV the other day and was wondering what that was. I haven't heard of it before or seen any of it. It's really good?
I'm with you there! :D

It's really good - there's a lot of sex in the first season but by season 3 it tones down a bit (or at least it has so far) - it's basically about this pirate island calls Nassau that originally was a British run island, but now it's a pirate port and the enemy of Britain - the whole show is about preserving Nassau, fighting Britain, fighting themselves, overthrowing people who run Nassau left and right - it has a lot of intrigue and action, and it's truly a pirate adventure - definitely recommend it! I'm pretty sure Starz has the entire show on their website right now so you should be able to catch up on Seasons 1 & 2! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockReject View Post
Emma Corrin: thanks for the nom! that's actually one of my fav avi's I've ever done on here c:
You're welcome! I'm glad I nommed one of your faves!! :D <3 I really love the simplicity of it - to me it feels like it belongs in The Corpse Bride during the scene where the Skeleton sings about how Emily came to be in her current situation Totally reminds me of him, just missing his top hat!!

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-29-2016, 07:46 PM

That sounds exactly like Black Flag the game. The main island is Nassau and they're fighting the British for it. Once I finish the game I should try to watch it. My boyfriend will probably not like it, though. He doesn't like shows that have much sex in them.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-29-2016, 09:07 PM

Oh hilarious - it's might just be based on that then!! When you watch you'll have to tell me if it is or not - would be so funny if it is

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 01-30-2016, 04:51 PM

It's quite possibly based on some historical accuracy

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-31-2016, 02:18 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if it's based on it and then the plot is a bit bent to work in the characters and development etc. - it's really compelling and has a lot of attention to detail

User
User = Linnea

Old 02-02-2016, 02:38 AM

~ Announcement Time! ~ For this past Wednesday, the 27th of January!

That week we had EIGHT voters
And with FIVE VOTES our winner is...

DivineHeart! Congrats!

Runner-ups:
Chexala - THREE votes!
KushyKissez - THREE votes!
Ferra - THREE votes!

DivineHeart: Please ping User when you've decided if you'd like a prize from the front page or 500g.

---------- Post added 02-01-2016 at 09:38 PM ----------

nominating can resume until midnight! (that's 1.5 hours!)

Last edited by Linnea; 02-27-2016 at 05:45 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-02-2016, 02:46 AM

Yayyy! Congrats DivineHeart!! :D <3

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-02-2016, 03:22 AM

I'M NOMINATING!...
Seiki Nova:

I'M NOMINATING!...
salvete:

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-02-2016, 03:26 AM

Aw thank you so much Kent for the nomination ^_^ and congratulations to DivineHeart with the lovely avatar!! <3

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 02-02-2016, 03:29 AM

You're welcome~

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-02-2016, 03:30 AM

Ooooo - nice noms Kent!! :D

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 02-02-2016, 03:37 AM

Thank you Emma Corrin! I agree, Seiki Nova's avatar is awesome too ^_^ <3

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-02-2016, 04:17 AM

You're welcome salvete! <3
That avi always reminds me of Rainbow Brite every time I see it!

User
User = Linnea

Old 02-02-2016, 04:19 AM

Because there is only five nominations for this round, I am making the executive decision to continue nominating, thus postponing the current level for another week. Let's get some nominations in!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 02-02-2016, 04:31 AM

Yayyy! More noms! -goes to upload more-

---------- Post added 02-01-2016 at 11:35 PM ----------

I'M NOMINATING!...
Lord Angel Newlifes:

I'M NOMINATING!...
M i r o:

I'M NOMINATING!...
Cardinal Biggles:

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-02-2016, 07:56 AM

Congrats DivineHeart. :D

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-02-2016, 02:39 PM

I'M NOMINATING!...
[Captain Howdy:]

I'M NOMINATING!...
[Clair Voyant:]

I'M NOMINATING!...
[Lavinia:]