Café
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-15-2009, 03:06 AM

Hi there, everyone! I’m Café aaaand this is where I’ll be keeping my drabbles. =3

Most of these are going to be stuff from a book I’m trying to write, in hopes that these little exercises can help me work past some of my writer’s block. Some of it is written in first person and some is written in third person - whatever strikes me at the time, I guess. ^^; As the Muse strikes.

Anywho, I’ve picked out 50 songs from my music library (yay shuffle!) and pulled a few lyrics I liked from each one to use as inspiration for the various drabbles. I’ll be randomly re-formatting the list as I start getting things written and posted. I’ve only done 50 for the moment, just because I wanted to give myself a fighting chance at actually completing something. As I go along, if it looks like I need to, I’ll add more songs and lyrics.

In the meantime, please feel free to stop in and chat! ^_^

Thanks for reading!
*showers the thread with cookies!*

Last edited by Café; 03-15-2009 at 03:11 AM..

Café
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-15-2009, 03:06 AM

The List ~ Café’s Craziness

1) “I tried to give you up, but I’m addicted.” - Time is Running Out, Muse
2) “Have you forgotten how we used to dream?” - Become, Goo Goo Dolls
3) “In walks the villain of this tale.” - True Love, ThouShaltNot
4) “I’m turning my cell off just to breathe.” - Coffee Break, Forever The Sickest Kids
5) “There’s no light at the end of the tunnel tonight.” - Gone, Kelly Clarkson
6) “I’ve opened up these skies.” - Bleed It Out, Linkin Park
7) “Almost heading for a fall.” - Heavily Broken, The Veronicas
8) “Let me stay where the wind will whisper to me.” - Imaginary, Evanescence
9) “I’m alright in bed, but I’m better with the pen.” - Fame < Infamy, FOB
10) “I love you so much more when you’re not here.” - Leave me Alone (I’m Lonely), Pink
11) “They say you’ve got a hold on me.” - I Won’t Disagree, Katie Voegele
12) “No one understands me quite like you do.” - Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop, Landon Pigg
13) “I love him, hate him, kiss him, diss him.” - Labels or Love, Fergie
14) “And I am flawed, but I am cleaning up so well.” - Vindicated, Dashboard Confessional
15) “I'm tired of looking up into those starry eyes.” - C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips, OK GO
16) “You gotta take a bow and do it your way.” - Pony (It's OK), Erin McCarley
17) “Admit it now, your information sucks.” - Everybody Out of the Water, The Wallflowers
18) “Just take a hold of the hand that breaks the fall.” - Superman, Lazlo Bane
19) “The underdog in a modern world.” - The Art Of Losing, American Hi-Fi
20) “I lose myself in all these fights.” - It’s Not Over, Secondhand Serenade
21) “And though this journey’s over, I’d go back if you asked me to.” - I’m Not Dead, Pink
22) “I know that I am haunted to be wanted.” - In The Shadows, The Rasmus
23) “It can creep up inside you and consume you.: - Disturbia, Rihanna
24) “My pictures you stole.” - Voodoo Child, Rogue Traders
25) “I should know that you're no good for me.” - Hot N’ Cold, Katy Perry
26) “So smile, 'cause you'll go out in style.” - Fences, Paramore
27) “Girl you can pick a field full of daisies, but he'd still be my baby.” - He Loves You Not, Dream
28) “You've still got me to hold you up and I will never let you down.” - Untouched, The Veronicas
29) “You had this look, that of an angel. It was such a bad disguise.” - Somewhere in the Middle, Dishwalla
30) “I've met the blessed, I've met the damned.” - Love Don’t Roam, Murray Gold
31) “You mean well, but you make this hard on me.” - Love Song, Sara Bareilles
32) “Kill me romantically.” - Love Me Dead, Ludo
33) “Only when I stop to think about it.” - I Hate Everything About You, Three Days Grace
34) “Would you choose water over wine....hold the wheel and drive?” - Drive, Incubus
35) “And I saw God cry in the reflection of my enemies.” - Golden, FOB
36) “I like my coffee black - just like my metal.” - Shut Me Up, MSI
37) “If you gonna be a square, you ain't a gonna go nowhere.” - Hey Mambo, Dean Martin
38) “You once thought of me as a white knight on a steed.” - Daydream Believer, Monkees
39) “Love is not a victory march. It’s a cold and it’s a broken hallelujah.” - Hallelujah, John Cale
40) “As she kisses these traitors she sings them a last serenade.” - Madame Guillotine, The Scarlet Pimpernel OST
41) “When you got a job to do, you gotta do it well.” - Live And Let Die, Guns and Roses
42) “Big black boots and too much caffeine” - Don’t Wanna, I Nine
43) “My road of good intentions led where such roads always lead.” - No Good Deed, Wicked OST
44) “Why'd you have to be so cute? It's impossible to ignore you.” - Goodnight and Go, Imogen Heap
45) “I stood on the edge and saw that you held my hand.” - Don’t, Jewel
46) “In that same way, I swear I'll make them pay.” - The Sequel (The Vampire Strikes Back), A Kiss Could Be Deadly
47) “Nothing in my life is free...” - Freak on a Leash, Korn
48) “What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems?” - I’m Not Okay, My Chemical Romance
49) “Well, contempt loves the silence, it thrives in the dark with fine winding tendrils that strangle the heart.” - My Skin, Natalie Merchant
50) “You can watch the world devoured in it's pain.” - The End Is the Beginning Is the End, Smashing Pumpkins

Last edited by Café; 03-15-2009 at 06:46 PM..

Café
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-15-2009, 03:21 AM

#46 - “In that same way, I swear I'll make them pay.” - The Sequel (The Vampire Strikes Back), A Kiss Could Be Deadly

"It is not -in- here," he said softly, trailing fingertips gently over the cinder block wall, his expression unreadable. For a moment, he stared blankly ahead, presumably at the wall. Then, he turned the intensity of his gaze to me. "It is -thru- here."

Despite the lack of emotional display, it was all too clear that the whole predicament had him deeply rattled. I was willing to bet just about anything that there was more to this mess than he was letting on. Would he tell me what was up? Not likely. Would he expect me to just jump in and help his pretenatural arse anyway? Probably. He seemed to forget that for all my weird talents, I was still very much an ordinary human being. To those creepy critters in there, I wasn’t a threat; I was -crunchy- and tasted good with ketchup. Maybe it was a common thing with vampires, to let such important facts slip the mind. I wouldn’t know, given that Samael was the first and only one I’d ever met.

I nodded my understanding solemnly, but I didn't like where this was headed. So far as anyone knew, there was only one such Being in either of our employ who could flounce through dimensions like breathing and to be perfectly honest, I wasn’t comfortable offering up his services to Mr. Several-Centuries-Old over there. Still, I didn’t see a way around it. The creepy critters had his family. What, was I going to tell a guy who could bench press a tank that I wasn’t in the mood to be helpful? Yeah, no.

Clenching my teeth against a snarky retort, I dug around in my bag until I landed upon the proper gem. I knew it by shape; I knew it by power. Just one of those things that comes with the whole “invoker” territory. Just as your summons knew who you were to the very depths of their souls, you in turn, knew them. All it took was one word from me and I had my friends at my side, facing whatever challenges cropped up with me. With them, I was never alone. Just one word...

"Acertii."

Here’s hoping Rendez-Vous didn’t kill Mr. Vampy-Pants on sight. With the mood the lot of us were in, I wasn’t counting on it.

Café
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-15-2009, 06:43 PM

#3 - “In walks the villain of this tale.” - True Love, ThouShaltNot

Darkness descended upon the peaceful little hollow, deepening the already ominous shadows far below the thick, leafy canopy. Despite the high winds, the trees had held fiercely to their brightly hued coverings, as though not trusting themselves to be left so defenseless in such a place. Although, perhaps it was not the location at all, but rather the company which had the wood on her guard?

Azure eyes, colder and more bitter than the most frigid winter, watched the faint swaying of the towering trees with seemingly unwarranted interest. The man belonging to the gaze of ice was as startlingly pale as the ivory suit and coat he sported, contrasting almost painfully with the longer crimson red tresses that streaked over his face, seeming more like bloody slashes than locks of hair at all. His long, white trenchcoat trimmed in snow white fur caught a fierce gust of wind suddenly, sending the garment flying out around him wildly. Unwavering, the man waited, his arms crossed over his chest in a pose of impatience, yet no such emotion disturbed his face, so like a mask in its apathy.

“Well?” he inquired of the starless night, the tone filled with enough venom to make an ordinary person flinch.

The being who ultimately answered his question, however, was neither a person, nor ordinary. Sickly green in hue and several times the man’s size, the lesser demon lowered himself to a low squat behind the man, just out of sight. Its long, sharp talons opened and closed again in little spurts of anxiety. If the man noticed, he made no comment.

“The Keeper... he does not cooperate,” it ground out, its voice falling somewhere between a gravely groan and a pained hiss. The sickly scent of rotted flesh hung in the air around the lesser creature. It had only just regenerated its skin from a most unfortunate encounter with the being in question and was not yet entirely recovered. If it was sympathy the creature wanted, he certainly wasn’t going to get it from the man before him.

White-gloved fingers tapped against a white-clad arm lightly, but rapidly. The tiniest frown had finally crept onto his lips, though even displeasure didn’t seem able to make the journey to his eyes. A dead zone, they were. After a moment’s consideration, he turned that detached gaze of his to the depths of the wood, focusing intently upon a clearing he knew to exist, in spite of no longer being able to see it. Tricks of the eye, he noted silently, dropping his arms slowly to his sides. That The Keeper was capable of such deception was indeed promising. Now then, how to lure him to their side...?