View Poll Results: Should Alex stay in the thread? (yes, Alex gets to vote :P)
Alex should be banned immediately, because he openly supports Greed. 4 15.38%
Forbid him from discussing pro-Greed topics on the thread, and ban him should he not comply. 6 23.08%
Eh, keep him. He's entertaining when he monologues. 17 65.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Mingnon
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Mingnon Send a message via MSN to Mingnon Send a message via Yahoo to Mingnon

Old 12-30-2008, 04:15 AM

I will soon enough put together an organization that will be dedicated to battling Greed, and others like him for this event and possibly others.

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2008, 04:24 AM

I'll gladly join your organization, Mingnon. I had nightmares bad enough when I was watching FMA. In other words, I've had bad enough experiences with sin-creatures without interacting with them. XD

So...count me as one of, if not your first member. :yes:

Mingnon
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Mingnon Send a message via MSN to Mingnon Send a message via Yahoo to Mingnon

Old 12-30-2008, 04:40 AM

Great! Hopefully, this crusade will get off the ground! : D

Here is the link to my organization.

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 12-30-2008, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Hee. I wish that the comic update had happened earlier in the event. Then there would have been less, "But why should I bother?" from some people.

I won't say that Greed winning means Menewsha is destroyed, but it will certainly affect the way the storyline develops. ;)

Oooh, I wish I could think that it would turn around some of the people who are actively working for Greed, too. :(

Maybe it will get some of the apathetic group up and moving, though.

Hey everyone! I'm back online for a fairly long haul. I'll be saving up chump change to donate to Lillith's herculean effort, as well as posting about the place.

@Mignon: Would it be alright with you if I linked your thread to the front page? I think the team of the Light should band together in one great, powerful barricade of butt-kicking-yarn-donation. :P

@ Amani: Would you recommend me going ahead and watching Full Metal Alchemist? I'm trying to avoid manga/anime, because I know that they are an expensive and consuming addiction. My friends are being struck, one by one. :lol:

If you think I'd like it, I'll go ahead and watch it. And probably pull a Rocky Horror "boo" fest for whichever character reminds you of Greed. Just out of spite, right now. :sweat:

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2008, 07:18 AM

I'd recommend the series very highly...it's by far my favorite. I personally prefer the anime to the manga...but both are pretty awesome, and I have to say, Mene is reminding me very much of it at the moment.

Just a warning though, it gets pretty sad. I always end up crying over it, and I've seen it...about 10 times through now at least.

But yeah, it's really awesome. It starts off with a good mix of funny and serious...gets a lot darker as the series progresses though, and really makes one think a lot.
Plus, given the situation with California and all, I think the little organized religion bit in the beginning is something you'll likely be able to appreciate. |D It's a bit exaggerated when compared to our modern world...but it sure does make one think about how corrupt religion can become once organized.

...and of course, there's that "sins" bit that I know we'll all be able to relate to Menewsha at some point or another as the storyline progresses. XDD;;;

Mingnon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2008, 07:24 AM

Aislin - I sure as heck wouldn't mind. If anything, that would hopefully help get more people aware of my cause ^.^

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2008, 07:29 AM

Just wanted to mention that I, at least, haven't read Full Metal Alchemist (or watched it either). I know that Seito has. I'm not sure about Ferra... So our Seven Deadly Sins are unlikely to be like those found in FMA, I hope. XD; (Other than the obvious ways, of course. :rofl: )

I'm holding off on FMA until after this storyline arc is completed. ._. Which is pretty sad as I hear it's grand. XD;

Mingnon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2008, 07:35 AM

And even if the Deadly Sins WERE based off of those from FMA, it'd still be kind of lame to not be able to fight them... I mean as in action-y kind of fighting.. They're threatening to destroy Mene for crying out loud! I mean, it's like having cake without a knife to cut it.. >.<

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2008, 07:40 AM

Yes, I'm well aware of the fact that they wouldn't be based off those ones; that'd just be wrong...not to mention it'd be very difficult to pull off. But every time I think of fighting humanoid embodiments of the Seven Deadly Sins...that's where my mind goes. Which just goes to prove I loved the series way too much. XD

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 12-30-2008, 08:53 AM

Ooh, I hate when people think the Deadly Sins came from FMA. x_x People think Alchemy came from FMA, too. I'm like, "No, you idiot! FMA based theirs on the original concepts!"
It's funny when people think the Deadly Sins are from the Bible, too. *laughs*

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-30-2008, 11:39 AM

is doing more than half principle now...

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 PM

LOL.

Here's something for you. The double principle. Want something? Buy it with yarn. MAKE THAT TWO OF THEM, since you can always sell the other one later. MWAHAHAHAHHAH! XDDDDD

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox

Old 12-30-2008, 12:18 PM

Alex, question...is your screen name based off of Gambino on Gaia? Because if so, you do a marvelous job of staying in character.
If not...well...I just made myself look like an even bigger nerd than I really am. *laughs*

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Staying in Character? Not even trying. This is my real personality. But yes, the surname DOES come from him.

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox

Old 12-30-2008, 12:37 PM

XD Oh, so by nature you are a greedy money hoarder? Interesting.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-30-2008, 12:40 PM

Yes. I AM my school's IRL Greed. I'm not kidding. I even own several fur jackets... Faux fur jackets because I'm deathly allergic to real fur.

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox

Old 12-30-2008, 12:45 PM

D< It had better be faux fur! They do terrible things to those animals!
You should use that money for something more useful. >>

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-30-2008, 12:52 PM

Yes. Like getting more stuff for myself. Also, read this thread.

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...ml#post4503431

Edit: Oh, I'd totally get real fur if I weren't allergic.

Last edited by Alexandrus Gambino; 12-30-2008 at 12:55 PM..

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishielurfer View Post
Ooh, I hate when people think the Deadly Sins came from FMA. x_x People think Alchemy came from FMA, too. I'm like, "No, you idiot! FMA based theirs on the original concepts!"
It's funny when people think the Deadly Sins are from the Bible, too. *laughs*
...it's funny, because despite the fact that that's the first thing I THINK of with the Sins (at least in cases like this where there are humanoid embodiments of them, like I said), it...makes me want to hit someone when they think that's where it CAME from.

Same with alchemy. Pick up a history book, for the love of Minerva. >.<;

...*ahem* I'm okay. |D;

wasashu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-30-2008, 06:16 PM

what a great concept @_@ i havent realized that before.

Mingnon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2008, 08:27 PM

Continuing with the FMA talk:

And honestly.. the concept of whatever kind of exchange.. 'In order to gain, something of equal value must be given'...? What kind of stuff is that? >.<

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 PM

Honestly, that is something I've always believed to an extent...just sometimes it's not really obvious how it applies, and sometimes the value isn't entirely the same, and not everyone can get the same thing out of everyone...thank Minerva I don't know any kids young enough to take it 100% to heart who would watch FMA (or even be allowed to).

I do strongly believe there's no such thing as a free lunch, but really, "value" is relative...and I'm well aware that whatever I get out of anything I do may easily prove all but worthless to me.

It only applies really 100% literally to chemistry and the like (conservation of mass and whatnot)...and I highly doubt that anyone who knows the first thing about science doesn't know that already.

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 PM

Hello Aislin~

Aislin
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasashu View Post
what a great concept @_@ i havent realized that before.
Thank you!

@Alexandrus: You're a sweetheart and you brighten my day. :cry:
I'm glad you at least go for the faux fur.
Do you have any animals, in real life? Just curious.
And how ya been?

@Bishie, Amani, Mignon, Thothy and Hiriyuu: I missed you guys! I'm absolutely certain to be at home today, so I'll keep Mene on while I clean like a crazed obsessive. :yes:

@Thoth: Hello, luv! Are you still about?

Last edited by Aislin; 12-31-2008 at 12:38 AM..

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-31-2008, 12:29 AM

hello again...