Kirsch
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Are there any Orphen Fan Here?
Have you seen the Anime? and what dou like more ? Manga or Anima

I have never seen the anime, becase i has not released in my country. But I like the manga and it was the first Manga I have ever read.

This is what Orphen is about:
Azalie, Orphen's best friend who had helped him get through the prestigious magic school, Tower of Fang, has some connection with the beastly dragon, the Bloody August. In order to uphold the magic school's reputation, it must destroy the dragon - but Orphen isn't about to let that happen so easily, for this beastly dragon is Azalie; she had been transformed, due to tampering with something that she shouldn't have been tampering with. People who Orphen thought were his friends suddenly seem as though they are enemies, in the race to get to Azalie first. Orphen leaves the school, furious with the fact that they want to destroy his best friend. He sets out on a journey to find and save her with his apprentice, Majic, and a woman who holds one of the key items in her house, Cleo.

Saganu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Saganu

Old 05-01-2007, 01:31 PM

I got pretty disappointed by the manga...
I knew about the serie many time ago in a manga magazine and it looked really good, i even managed to get first volume in japanese.
Then, 2 or 3 years ago the anime got licensed in my country and i saw it and LOVED it to bites!!! But when the manga went on sale, i bought up to volume 5 and couldn't bare it anymore, i really disliked it. Characters seemed much more better developed in the anime, manga was all senseless...
It also could be the translation wasn't good, but well... i sold those manga, but if i was able i'd love to get the anime.

It's the first time ilike more an anime than the manga that isnpired it :shock:

Kirsch
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-01-2007, 07:50 PM

Wow, I guess the problem is that i never saw the anime so i can't realy complain. But I'm looking forward to buy it on Ebay or so. A friend totald me that I'd get it there.

Xunlyn
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Xunlyn Send a message via MSN to Xunlyn Send a message via Yahoo to Xunlyn

Old 05-06-2007, 10:12 AM

Fun name XD

I've heard of it; it sounds good and it's on my intending to watch list :P

oi_pinoy
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-15-2007, 09:27 AM

I haven't read the manga yet but I've already watched the first season. :)
It's old but very fun and nice to watch ^w^
(I miss the old animes ;A;)

I only watched a few episodes of Orphen Revenge because it was shown locally here (as well as the first season) but I have classes and wasn't able to follow through it D:
But I promised myself to buy the complete dvds~

Emily Sargent
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 05-15-2007, 02:46 PM

I've watched both of them in their entirety, but because of the darn edits that the TV stations do (i.e. nude scene cuts/blocks, commercial space increasing and all that jazz), I'm left clueless about certain scenes.

I'll always have a soft spot for Majic though. Orphen is way too introverted and Cleo is way too loud.