Ryouku-chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-16-2007, 10:57 PM

I never used to sign, it didn't mean anything to me. Lately though I've been signing my Traditional art, but I'm still forgetting to sign my digital Art. I sign basically becuase I want to. |D

420bunni
Send a message via AIM to 420bunni

Old 12-16-2007, 11:16 PM

I only sign if I remember XD I ususally just initial it and put '07. It's cool to kinda hide it in the picture :D

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 12-16-2007, 11:22 PM

Winggodess and i have the same last name hi5!

i sign my natural media work on the back with the date it was completed. for digital work, i type

©margarita ramirez, 2007
http://magaly.deviantart.com

just that. i think large signatures or names in chinese/japanese letters are tacky.

when it comes to my breedables shop, i don't sign certs at all. it seems useless since i am credited in my shop and am the only artist there anyway.

Tetsumiro
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Tetsumiro

Old 12-17-2007, 12:06 PM

I sign :3 Usually a small signature on the bottom edge of the drawing--or something within the drawing itself. I try to camouflage it in certain works (mostly coloured) so people can't take it out if for some reason they feel compelled to steal it xD

I also try to at least add the year in there as well. It's always good to keep a timeline of your art for future reference xD Don't be bad like me and not do it for a long time, then dig through all your art looking for art from a certain year--it's horrible. I had to compare styles xD Luckily my art changed A LOT over the past decade xD;

^--I put the signature on the corner of my sketches.

My signature varies between two signs, both mean the same thing. My mother thinks I should incorporate some kanji but I don't know if I want to re-write kanji every time I draw soemthing xD My squiggle of an M is fun :3

My name is Mika, btw. So my signature is usually that--or M, circled because of the A and slashed because of the I :3 I'm to lazy for a K xD and the year attatched to it all: 07 :3

Fox
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 PM

Sometimes I sign my art, and sometimes I don't ._.;;; I know I probably should to avoid confusion, but sometimes I forget xD;; Dating the art is important as well, I guess just for personal record if nothing else, but I usually forget to do that too. Whoops. For my paintings, I usually just sign in the corner. I find it hard to sign my oil paintings though, because the brushes are too big and the tips are soft so they smudge DX So whenever I sign my oil paintings, my signature ends up being really big and ugly u_u; I don't know how to avoid that though >: Otherwise for digital stuff, I try to keep it relatively small yet still readable and usually stick it somewhere along the image, so that it integrates itself into the picture.
As for what my signature looks like... I think it needs a bit of work ;o;! I'm not too happy with how my signature looks but eh, I guess that's just the way I sign things.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 PM

I always sign small in one of the corners or someplace where it fits in the picture and it isn't even noticed unless pointed out. Sometimes if i use writing in the art like in my signature - i'll forget to sign it because it already has my writing and it's proof enough. Unless it's art I post online - then I'll watermark it with my screen name on the bottom enough so if anyone ever tried cutting it out people would be able to tell that a signature WAS there before. Either way - I think it's a good idea to sign your pictures - it lets people know that you drew it and and it helps prevent art theft which is so common these days

Renchan
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-18-2007, 09:03 PM

I do sign, but only that it's by me. So that my art can't be claimed by someone else.
I am afraid of that, though I'm not that good of an artist. Just. In case.

Raining Skittles
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2007, 11:20 PM

I sign my art most of the time. I know people won't steal it, but if they want to get more art from me (avi art and such) they know hwo to look for. I usually do a small typed thing in the bottem corner that says either "R.S." or "Raining.Skittles.sheezyart.com" depending on what it is. If it's a colored line art, I always make the artists signature bigger then mine. I usually write "Colored by R.S." in the bottem corner in small font, and the artists signature is bigger. On pencil sketches and such, I do this thing where the R curves and there's a line from the R under 'aining' and the same with the S, so there's a line under 'kittles'. I think it makes it look cute ^.^ Then I write the date next to it. If it's something big, or something I took a LONG time on, I'll put a watermark on the face, or the body somewhere, so it won't get taken :3

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 12-24-2007, 07:27 AM

I don't sign my signature normally, I use to sign some alias, but due to the issues of being at school, they don't want us to sign anything so I end up forgetting to sign stuff at time. sometimes i wish I had a signature on some of my pieces that are online, but then again i feel like i don't draw well enough to actually be stolen. But I try to remember to sign at times so people can't because it isn't fair to the artist.

maxiekun
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2007, 09:52 AM

I don't put my name on the work I do, but I have an artistic signature.

A i
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-25-2007, 06:38 PM

at first, i do..i even put the dates ( and the exact time o.<; ) ...
then i got bored, and quite sick of repeating the same thing , so now i seldomly sign my art ;P

Professor Lily
Building Funds for my Charity

Old 12-25-2007, 08:26 PM

Yes, I sign my art because I like people to know it is my work and I have always signed my work.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 12-25-2007, 09:49 PM

I do not sign my art unless I am drawing it for someone else. I do put dates on my art though.

DeviChiyoko
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2007, 05:25 AM

I always sign my art.
I do that because I want to let the person know that it was done by me and I hate art thief's.. =p

Clavietika Tres Ojos
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-26-2007, 05:33 AM

I always sign my stuff. It's a bit of a habit. I sign with a little butterfly that's formed with my initials. On things I draw by hand I usually include the date, sometimes even the time if it's a drawing I particularly like. I add date and time to my poems and the habit kinda got pushed into my drawings. --;
If I'm making a quick sketch for someone or drawing with my tablet I just include my initials though.

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 12-26-2007, 07:15 PM

I always sign with the date, my penname (which I post my art under), and my real initials. That way people can always tell it's me and prevents art thieves. In addition to that, it makes me feel professional-ish. ^_^;

Urboros
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-26-2007, 08:17 PM

I sign most of my art, unless its commissioned then I put my logo wich is a triangle with wings. Though some of my colored art is not siged because I know nobody will steal it.

*looks pointedly at siggie*

aonith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2007, 10:47 PM

I used to sign my art always few years ago. Now I feel too lazy to do that. Not all art is signed.
I must admit, that my signature looks pretty funny, just like a chicken xD

RyaLee
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to RyaLee

Old 12-27-2007, 06:27 AM

My signature is big and floofy.
I'm lazy so I usually make a brush for my signature

it used to be a canary with a star on it's chest and I'd hide it somewhere in the picture but with this I just grab the pink and slap it on there lol.

Satomi
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Satomi Send a message via Yahoo to Satomi

Old 12-27-2007, 08:14 AM

Hmm... I tried to sign some of my pixel dolls once. It had a circle with an H in it, the first letter of my Gaian name. But after a while it got tiresome because I was making too many pictures and lots of scraps and such.

hate

Old 12-30-2007, 08:19 AM

i usually sign my art

but it feels weird to, like an arrogance thing

plus it does usually detract from the picture

augi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to augi Send a message via MSN to augi

Old 12-30-2007, 08:48 PM

XD I sign all my complete drawings and finished sketches, I guess. Or at least, I don't remember not signing them.

I don't sign my sketchbook sketches for some reason, cause it's more of a doodle for me and not a finished piece of work.

I sign augi on it and not my real name cause that's my nickname/online alias. Plus, it looks better and is easier to sign.

My sign is in this http://augipaw.deviantart.com/art/Theo-72974275

XD; I actually don't think my sign actually takes away from the pic. Alone, it's just like this:

Er... the reason I sign my art? Er.. dunno. But seriously, it's retarded when people claim you've stolen something you've drawn. Though, it sounds kinda like an insult yet compliment at the same time. =__=;; That's actually never happened to me.

Abiogenecist
Send a message via MSN to Abiogenecist Send a message via Yahoo to Abiogenecist

Old 12-31-2007, 02:03 AM

I never sign any of my completed drawings. I've always thought of signing as a sign of arrogance and over-confidence of the certain piece.
I never felt my drawings were that good to be signed. Maybe someday when I know I am already a gawdly artist then I will sign.

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 01-01-2008, 09:14 PM

I sign most of my artwork, although sometimes when I am lazy I don't sign it. Anything that I spent a lot of time on I will sign though. I usually make my signature very small and put it in the bottom right hand corner. I don't think signatures take away from the art though.

Karoukoo
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Karoukoo Send a message via Yahoo to Karoukoo

Old 01-05-2008, 01:00 AM

So do you sign? Yes infact i sign all of my paintings and drawings unless its a doodle on loose leaf paper.

Why? I sign my things as a proof that i did something, to show others that i was the creator of the drawing so nobody can steal it.

What does your sign look like? i would put down an image of my signature but i dont currently have one because my camera is at my moms but i write in script, first letters big then smaller.