Meganu Bunny

Old 05-31-2007, 12:08 AM

I saw there was no topic for it, so I figured I might as well start one.

Does anyone watch/read this beside me, out of curiousity? It's a very cracked out series (and both the anime and manga are still running) but the storyline is heartwarming. I'm rather fond of it.

So um...any takers? I wouldn't mind a bit of discussion.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 06-02-2007, 09:47 AM

I started reading the manga at a convention and thought it was hilarious. My mother collects frogs, so I really like the little green guys. I get my mom a Sgt. Frog toy at every anime con I go to.

Anyway, I have the anime around here somewhere and I keep meaning to watch it, but I have yet to do so. I hear the anime was fluffed out a little to make it more kid friendly and that dear Sgt. Frog was dumbed down a little. I'll still watch it though. Some day I hope I can collect the manga as well, but I already have so many other manga that I'm collecting :shock:

Meganu Bunny

Old 06-06-2007, 12:28 AM

It's very hilarious, and I'd be lying if I said the toys weren't fun to collect. I have a lot of them myself, actually.

The anime was significantly toned down as far as graphic content and innuendo goes, but they still make up for it with a large mass of humor. It's like...the same, only different, I suppose? It's still worth watching though, for certain. Personally though, I prefer the manga over the anime. They style is a lot nicer and...well, I like the perverted jokes they occassionally toss in there.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 06-06-2007, 06:00 AM

Yeah, I will watch it. I want to watch those little frogs in action! However, most manga are better than the anime, just as most books are better than their movies (except for those weird instances when the anime/movie came first, then the book, those tend to suck). After all, books have more room for details and I do so love my details <3