wish

Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 AM

Yusssh wish is addicted to shoujo. mainly because they would make good live action dramas. XD i didn't used to be though!

I love Kare First Love. xD as well as other manga, but i bought this series and its just so darn live action drama like. LOL. But I really didn't enjoy the ending. it wasn't even really an ending I thought. It was more like... they just ended it at the end of that day and there could be more books after.. but they said "NOPE ALL DONE." ><

anyway, have you read it? :d

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:04 AM

I first got into it as it was coming out in Sho-Comi. I was kinda mad that they actually licensed it and put it in english, because I was collecting the japanese tankobans! Ugh, so frustrating XD

I really like the series though, great stuff! (even bought it all in english too, I'm such a sucker!)

wish

Old 03-12-2007, 09:07 AM

you can still buy it in japanese. :P
Besides it's way cheaper in japanese anyway. xD you can probably get the entire thing for like 20-30 bucks instead of.. 100 bucks. ;__;

what'd you think of the ending? :|

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish
you can still buy it in japanese. :P
Besides it's way cheaper in japanese anyway. xD you can probably get the entire thing for like 20-30 bucks instead of.. 100 bucks. ;__;

what'd you think of the ending? :|
I can't remember the ending at the moment, it's been awhile.

But I have all of it in japanese and english XD

wish

Old 03-12-2007, 09:17 AM

LOL it was weird. before all the companies had the license to turn a lot of the manga into english, i went to a japanese bookstore near my old house and i bought a buncha manga to learn how to draw from and i realize that they turned most of the ones i picked into english. xD

it wasn't that they didn't have a variety either, there were walls of them, floor to ceiling and aisles too. ;__; the place was pretty huge.

and oh. XD aw i wanted to discuss the ending. ;-;

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:26 AM

If you tell me about it, I may remember! I just keep most of my manga at home so I won't be tempted to read it whilst doing homework! (I'm living at my apartment presently)

I just remember this being such a cute, cute series <3

wish

Old 03-12-2007, 10:28 AM

They go to the cabin where kiriya's teacher is and they live at his house for a bit and karin gets creeped out cause the house reminds her of a horror movie area. LOL.

uhm... kiriya goes out and takes photos and she gets lonely and pissed off that he's not spending his time with her while they're up there. :[

and then kiriya shows her his brother's grave and they talk and he shows her what's he's been working on the entire time they've been at this guy's home. annnnd it's a room where he pinned all these stars on the ceiling because he's been out documenting the night sky for her. and then he tells her to look closer at one of the stars and then she finds a ringgg. :D

and he proposes to her and they get married. xD

THAT was such an abrupt ending. >< i didn't like it much it was so out of the blue. LOL. i wish they continued on with it a bit to see what happens with his job and her job and stuff... since she's been getting into modeling and acting. :d

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 03-12-2007, 10:36 AM

Oh yeeeah...

Awwwwwww I love Kiriya! He's so awesome!

As for abrupt ending, I guess the mangaka just didn't want to make it unnecessarily long. I'm sure she had a certain amount of pages she had to dish out, and maybe she was rushed?

But some artists do this, but for me it's ok. I just know they'll live happily ever after, and it feeds that "awwwwwww" feeling in my heart. XD

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 03-12-2007, 03:20 PM

I LOVE KARE FIRST LOVEE! <33
Its such a super cute story.
I've read up to Volume 6-8, I'm not sure exactly which volume, I ended up at.
How many volumes are there in the whole series?

wish

Old 03-12-2007, 08:37 PM

there's 10 volumes i believe.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 08:40 PM

I've read up to four so far. I like it but it's not my big favourite.

wish

Old 03-13-2007, 12:37 AM

lillah isn't into romaaance? :[

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-19-2007, 03:18 AM

I own the english version and find it adorable.

I thought the ending seemed really rushed but I wasn't upset with it.
xD

wish

Old 03-19-2007, 10:49 PM

yeaah it was rushed. ;_; it seemed like it could have dragged on a volume or two longer. ><

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-20-2007, 02:57 AM

I wanted it to carry over to one more volume. Then have her going home and telling her parents and such. There'd have been enough there with a couple things thrown in to make one more volume. Then I might have been happier with the ending. Though as I said, I wasn't upset with it.
> o<

` Toxic Whispers
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-20-2007, 05:30 AM

• It's an awesome manga. >w<
    I've so far read up to 9 and currently waiting for 10. Kiriya always takes the BEST pictures of Karin. xD

wish

Old 04-05-2007, 08:59 AM

XD Kiriya seems to have that talent huh? Haha.

I think they didn't really go in depth with Karin's "model" looks much. I mean she was casted in a movie + she modeled but in the end I would've liked to see how she deals with it and how Kiriya deals with her fame since everyone was like "OMFG KARIN ROCKS" xD

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-06-2007, 02:33 AM

• Yeah, I wish they had the wedding take place in a separate volume followed by a look at what happens later.
    ; o;