Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 04-20-2012, 08:02 PM

I have about the same number of male and female RP characters, those I've used in the past and those I'd like to use sometime in the future. However, my preference would have to be male. Usually I base a character off my own personality or life, but there are certain instances where I'd rather use a female. So far I've got male characters, but I'm searching for an RP in which I'll be able to use one of my favored female characters.

VIEW FROM ABOVE
is currently looking for a good ...

Old 04-21-2012, 06:40 PM

I usually RP as a girl (considering I am one), but I'm perfectly capable of being boys too.

Lord_Vii
Fuzzy Space Captain
Send a message via ICQ to Lord_Vii Send a message via AIM to Lord_Vii Send a message via MSN to Lord_Vii Send a message via Yahoo to Lord_Vii

Old 05-29-2012, 07:12 AM

I have a bad bad tendency to not be able to write interesting females. I don't know what it is. x_x

You'd think. What with being a girl it would be easier than all that. But personally I don't have that strong a sense of gender-identity in the first place. In any case, I think I write much more interesting men. Which is all well and good because then I get to interact with ALL THE FANGIRLS! :D

As early as I can remember, when my friends would play house or like some Disney movie or somthing, they always made me play the boy. Maybe I just got used to it. xDD

But when I DO make a solid female character (It happens once in a while) they;re pretty dang cool >D

Irokei
Zelinka...

Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 PM

Male. It's no fun being a girl (sometimes :) )

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 06-18-2012, 08:11 PM

I can write either gender. It depends more on the type of RP presented and the current gender balance in characters. As is stands I think I have more male gendered characters just because they needed to be there for the group to balance. Although I feel like I can fit a more adventuring roll with male characters than with the females I write. The ladies I tend to write are either haughty and quick to judgement, or self-sufficient and more reserved (that also happens to be the character types I RP in table-top games, except for my one-armed cleric who had a giant albino bird-mount).

Dmitri Blair
The Avid, Slightly Crazy Kid.
Send a message via AIM to Dmitri Blair

Old 06-19-2012, 02:57 AM

I've recently dipped into playing some female characters, but I'm not good at it. Males, from experience, are easier for me. I wish to improve rping as a female in the future, though. It would open up a lot of possibility.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 06-23-2012, 02:32 PM

When I started RPing I was on a girls site and because i was new they never wanted to play the men so they made me play them, and then I got attached to playing males so now I suusally go for the male option even though i haev no idea what its like to be a man. HAHA. I think they're more fun to RP.

XunknownX
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 PM

I prefer being a female, since I am one. I HAVE tried to play a guy like maybe... twice? The RPs I was in to try them never really got off the ground and I was actually really thankful for that, because I was feeling awkward as heck already even though I didn't do much. *shrugs*

Ri'Staraa
Hunger makes a thief of any man.
Send a message via Yahoo to Ri'Staraa

Old 06-25-2012, 05:12 AM

Males, mostly. But it varies quite a bit.

kadensunstar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-10-2012, 01:39 AM

Most of my roleplaying characters are boys. I don't like roleplaying as a girl (I am one). Even my avatar is a boy LOL

CelesteStar
⊙ω⊙
Penpal

Old 11-07-2012, 11:19 AM

I play females because I am one. It's just more natural that way for me.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 11-07-2012, 11:20 AM

I prefer playing males. They're allowed to be just plain stupid and still be cool XD

Triquetra
I am the kinda person that runs ...

Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 AM

Its funny. In Role plays I normally play one girl, and then like a million boys. But for preference, don't really have one. I tend to play my girls like guys. Strong, independent, free. They don't need no man! And my men as similar. Except maybe more loving. Give or take. I hate playing with/ as weak girls. (Seriously, I am not Mario. I am not going to save you 3 billion times when you get your ass kidnapped. Buy a gun!) Sooooo... Yeah. Both!

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-14-2012, 03:08 PM

I'm a girl so i prefer to play, and reason being... theres no excuse to not be good at it. Plus it's more comfortable... but I will RP as a guy no poblem. For roleplays with real pictures, I RP a guy.

Stellar Delusion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 AM

I don't really have a preferred gender when roleplaying. I've got male characters, female characters...genderqueer characters, cisgender intersex characters, basically anything you can imagine, I have them.

Actually I think I prefer the non-binary characters just because hell, it's fun to play them and have people see that...they're normal people. Their genders actually DON'T define them.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 AM

I can play characters of both sexes. They reflect my tastes in aesthetics, with some predetermined personality that goes with such look. I have a wide range of looks I prefer on male characters, so I have more male characters. I am pickier with how girls look like and thus, my aesthetics for girls not as varied as males, thus lesser female characters. Sometimes they even end up looking too similar with one another. XD

In terms of gender preference... I find that they are either bisexual or play for the other team. Maybe because I grew up being a BL fan, most of my male characters are...bisexual males or all out gay. I only recently discovered femslash and have a growing brood of women for that story genre. I do not have a lot of straight characters, besides the ones I make out of convenience. I have been trying to branch out though, currently working on a bunch of original pieces that revolve around het couples.

I often find myself going for BL roleplays, mostly out of habit and that, finding anything else is just too trying for my patience. So I play mostly idealized pretty boys and men as such.

MaxxR
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 PM

I've always preferred playing as a boy. I'm not sure why, but it just feel more natural for me as a writer. It doesn't really make sense, since I'm a girl. In just about any scenario if I'm a boy I know exactly how he'd react, but playing a girl character I always get writer's block!

CheerioMornings
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-01-2013, 12:31 AM

I've always enjoyed playing men. I remember that people would always ask for people to play them because they wanted to be the girls, so I just sorta catered to them and it eventually just felt more natural.

It just seemed to flow better and I can play a wide variety of personalities with them. When it comes to women, it just seems almost forced? Because I try and think of what kind of girl I'd love to be and try to push it onto them and not just let them grow naturally? Maybe. I don't know.

Men are just more fun. A mean sarcastic pervert gets deemed funny and flirty and charming. The same personality for a woman and she tends to be dislikes.

Hikaru Akina
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-01-2013, 07:53 AM

I'm a girl in real life and most would assume that it's easier for me to write as a girl because of this. But in truth, I find it much more entertaining and more fun to write with male characters.

Female characters are fun too, but it comes down to personal preference in my case and I tend to prefer writing as a boy for reasons even I am not sure of. This being said, sometimes I get into mindsets and moods where I only want to write as a girl.

Hm. Perhaps this makes me strange.

keno_crazy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 AM

Honestly for being a girl I prefer to play guys. Not sure why though, maybe it's just interesting to see it from another gender's perspective.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 07-10-2013, 07:52 AM

I don't really mind. I'll write with either just as readily. The reservation i used to have when i was younger and knew less about men, was that i wasn't doing them any justice, but since getting to know them more intimately i feel i can write them more accurately.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-17-2013, 03:24 PM

I used to roleplay male characters more often than females (as I've noted that most roleplay sites are female character heavy / dominated by women who want to play women because it's easier for them to identify with their characters that way) and got quite good at them. Though, as of late, I'm evening out a bit more.

Strude Ros
The Infallible

Old 10-04-2013, 05:37 AM

ALL THE GENDERS!

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
I'm curious Menewsha - which gender do you prefer roleplaying? Or do you have a preference?

If you have a preference, do you know why you have one?

Tell me about the choices you make when selecting a gender for your roleplaying characters. :3
Hey guys! It's been almost year since I last replied here. My preferences have changed. Since there were so many girls. I could no longer be what I felt the most comfortable with, not mention the most confident with. I stopped roleplaying as girls and started roleplaying as a a guy. It wasn't weird anything since it's not the first time I've done it, it's just rare. But not it has become more common for me and I sometimes prefer it, but I do wish I can still be a girl. So in the end my preferences went from GIRL -> BOY -> WHATEVER IS NEEDED.

The "why?" to my preferences now... I don't really care either way as long as I get to be able to play so in a sense that's my why my preferences are neutral. It's not that I given up being a girl in RPs it's just I'm used to be a guy so it's whatevs.

Not sure what you mean by choices.. but what determines what role I'll be playing is what role is required. OR! Teeheee! If I'm lucky it's a thread with REAL pictures and not the Anime ones I'll most definitely be a guy. That way I can look at my adorable self and be like :3... lol

ClockworkLupine
Parchment, Ink, and Tea

Old 11-07-2013, 07:34 PM

Writing either gender can be fun for me, so I tend to go with either what is needed or figure it out as I write the character. It's led to some very interesting results to say the least. XD