colorful set
poupou
Send a message via AIM to colorful set Send a message via MSN to colorful set

Old 08-19-2009, 10:21 PM

so i just finished this the other day for say-i-love-you, and i have two more commissions in the works that are the same style, however, i need some opinions/guidance on how to bring more definition in.

full view please.

i also hate using solid black and solid white, but other colors i was trying didn't seem to give it that punch it needed.

anyways, halp.

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 AM

Just dry using darker or lighter versions of the colors you already used. For example, for the hair, use a very dark or light orange, and put them in the areas where shading and lighting is needed; the roots of the hair need to be darker, for example.

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 08-20-2009, 03:51 PM

It's very pretty.. Add highlights that are close to white for the hair, and shadows for the hair as well..

I basically agree with link. the eyes can use more lighting in it as well...the ears and eyebrows need a bit more detail as well I think. Good luck ^^

colorful set
poupou
Send a message via AIM to colorful set Send a message via MSN to colorful set

Old 08-20-2009, 08:11 PM

Thanks. I'll take your advice into consideration and will darken the roots of the hair and the whites of the eyes and add a couple more points of detail in the other areas you mentioned.

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 PM

I think you need more red/pink in her face.
I think that'd be a good colour to shade with.