comotized
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to comotized Send a message via MSN to comotized Send a message via Yahoo to comotized

Old 05-25-2008, 07:23 AM

Just something I drew in illustrator when I was bored. I dont have a tablet and can't use the pen tool to save my life so my lines are no where near straight, but other than crooked lines what doya think?

Note: click the image to view it full size. It's a little big so I didn't wanna put the full version in the boards. Also note that if you're using internet explorer the background will look dark or some weird unknown color, that's because ie doesn't like png images, it can't be helped *shrugs*

Teko-chi
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-01-2008, 03:57 AM

:/ Eh. 2/5

comotized
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to comotized Send a message via MSN to comotized Send a message via Yahoo to comotized

Old 06-01-2008, 04:04 AM

instead of leaving a random negative remark it might be helpful if you explained why you gave it the negative marking to begin with.

it's rude to leave remarks like the one you just made and there's no discussion in it what-so-ever.

give me reasons you don't like it, cunstructive criticism, not blatant meanness is the best policy and I'm sure other artists on here would agree with me.

Jenn_heart
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Jenn_heart

Old 06-01-2008, 04:19 PM

I like the color and the design, but the facial expression is kind of...sadenning. it looks sad to me for some reason.possibly because of the eyebrows.

comotized
*^_^*

Old 06-02-2008, 02:34 AM

all of my suns look sad or at best dreamy in facial expression.

I don't think it's the eyebrows though, I think it's the mouth that creates that effect and sometimes the eyes. Not quite sure how or why it happens but it always does, and my moons always look mean

Kalliste
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Kalliste

Old 06-02-2008, 03:04 AM

Quote:
:/ Eh. 2/5
Well, that's constructive! If you're going to provide feedback at least be constructive about it... what is so 'eh' about it? What would you change?
Buh, what a waste of time. They probably got .05 gold for that post. Loser!

Quote:
I don't think it's the eyebrows though, I think it's the mouth that creates that effect and sometimes the eyes.
I'd say the eyes... they're what looks sad to me. This actually reminds me of an oil burner I used to have... more colourful though :)

comotized
*^_^*

Old 06-02-2008, 04:24 AM

maybe i added too much detail to them? I dunno.

And yay for oil burners, i adore oil burners!

Haruko
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-08-2008, 12:20 PM

eh its great!
awesome work
its a bit different, isnt it?
bit i like it
its no manga or something...
it looks...a bit...i dont know...
like from another age or something
but i like it...its really interesting x3

comotized
*^_^*

Old 06-09-2008, 05:10 AM

I wouldn't say that it's different but it definately not anime or manga which seems to be the majority of artworks located on Menewsha.

It's actually my trademark. I'm most known (around here) for my sun, moon and other celestial paintings. My suns seem to always take the cake though and one of them will more than likely end up being my sole tattoo - albeit a tiny version ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for commenting on it! :D

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 06-10-2008, 02:33 AM

Ooh, I like it.
It's very Mexico/Aztec-y. >>;
Eer.
But that's a good thing!

How did you make it, may I ask?
If you didn't use the pen tool?

I think the crooked lines add a nice effect.
I think it sort of emphasizes the heat radiating from it.
You know how when it's really hot, sometimes the heat makes some things look warped?
Eer... -hopes that made sense- ^^;

comotized
*^_^*

Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 AM

I drew it freehand with the pencil tool and of course used the circle tool for his main 'body'

I know what you mean about the warped effect though I rarely get to look at the sun like that because my eyes are super-sensitive and it'd burn them out of my head :P hehe

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 AM

Wow, freehand? Really? That's pretty impressive. O:
-draws squiggles with mouse- xD;;

How'd you make the squiggly/curly things on the outside? O:

xD
Me neither. I don't even have sunglasses. .__. ;
-fails at eye protection- >>;

comotized
*^_^*

Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 AM

lol with the pencil tool, you just draw a random squiggle then go over it again to close the line

Penny
*^_^*

Old 06-10-2008, 11:01 PM

The sadness you all are seeing is in the brows. Sadness is pretty much defined by the lift in the inner point of the eyebrows. The lines on the forehead emphasize that, and give it a sort of age. The mouth has little to nothing to do with creating the feeling, as you can cover it up and the sadness is still there. The fact that it's open however, does give the sense that the feeling is a new one, since open mouths are associated with surprise. Since the eyes are not widened, we can assume that the surprise is minor and likewise, because the angle of the brows has not affected the shape of the eye we can assume the sadness is not particularly intense either.
So... I'd say the expression is either shock, or worry, or mild horror.

comotized
*^_^*

Old 06-11-2008, 03:40 AM

i don't think my sun is shocked, worried or afraid of anything. Sad i can agree to but none of those things work for me *shrugs*

Penny
*^_^*

Old 06-11-2008, 09:57 PM

Then you succeeded as far as expression goes. :)

Kinrara
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Kinrara

Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 PM

=O its pretty~ it reminds me of what would have been drawn in medival times...

LeaSmith
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 06:23 PM

Why the wrinkles? It looks somewhat sad. >.> But the painting itself is very good. :3

Otaku
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 08:46 PM

T'is cool but I have to agree that it looks pretty sad :/ but it's very good considering you didn't use a tablet ^^

tattered wings
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-09-2008, 11:43 PM

Its so sparkly and colourful. I like it :D

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 08-13-2008, 05:41 PM

I like it. It does look rather depressed, but not in a bad way i think.