ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 05-17-2008, 10:40 PM

Cherry, haha, yeah. Although I know what it means - The Still-born of Zeus, or something like that. I'm wondering where it comes from. :3

Edit: Totgeburt, oh okay. It sounds so lyrical, like from a song or something. Or like it has a connection to a myth, so that's why I was wondering. It's very pretty. : )

nescia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-17-2008, 10:41 PM

@Cleocatra- Mene's new layout is a big improvement in my opinion.
Though, I do miss a few of the old features.

Cleocatra
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2008, 10:43 PM

Thank you Zeus.

^w^

I'm not the most fond of pink, but I think your avatar is lovely!

Does anyone here ever play Audiosurf?

Last edited by nescia; 05-17-2008 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: Double post :[

DieTotgeburtDesZeus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via ICQ to DieTotgeburtDesZeus Send a message via AIM to DieTotgeburtDesZeus

Old 05-17-2008, 10:47 PM

@cleo: thank you^^ i don'r wear much pink in real life, but i also do not need a pixel copy of myself XD but please prevent double posting, it's against mene's rules :/
what is audiosurf?

@pat: yeah, i love the sound of my nick as well. the combination of letters is kinda comfortable to speak XD i'm a linguistics nerd.

nescia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-17-2008, 10:50 PM

-goes to merge Cleocatra's posts-

I've never heard of audiosurf.

Pudin Cute
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Pudin Cute Send a message via Yahoo to Pudin Cute

Old 05-17-2008, 10:50 PM

:] This is really nice.
What's up? :3

DieTotgeburtDesZeus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via ICQ to DieTotgeburtDesZeus Send a message via AIM to DieTotgeburtDesZeus

Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 PM

i just made myself some salad... i realized i hadn't had any vegetables today .___. but i was nummy :3

ljosberinn

Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 PM

Totgeburt; I agree! It has a nice flow to it. I'm a language fan myself, although not as big as I used to be. Mainly because I'm more interested in other things that take up more of my time. But I still enjoy learning and using other languages. I just don't do too much of it, sadly.

Cleocatra
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2008, 10:54 PM

Man, I always forget other forums don't allow double posting @_@;;

Audiosurf is an awesome game by *checks steam* "BestGameEver" I think.

It's awesome. $9.99, which is awesome cheap, and I feel like an advert. Hahaha.

Well. You put in music that you have, it generates some sort of algorhythm, and then you ride it. You have to collect block things, there are loads of different modes and usually I just go on easy level mono, which is really relaxing.

But I've found it really exciting to put some jamiroquai on a medium level game, and then use eraser or something, and blast the hell outta the game. It's really fun ^^!

I recommend it, seriously. There are leaderboards where you can try to beat people on your favourite songs XD. And I don't know when they put it on, but there are a few achievements you can unlock.

My kitten is sniffing round the back of my computer XD.

He's a good boy though.

nescia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-17-2008, 10:55 PM

Salads are tasty.
I'm going to have one with dinner in a little bit.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-17-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieTotgeburtDesZeus View Post
yeah, my name is german (because i live in germany, ha! XD)... it means "the stillbirth of zeus" and i was a rather random idea XD it kinda fits me, so i decided to keep it^^

i know, it's a pity with the peach stuff... soooo pretty colours TT3TT but they do not even match any other of the event item colours... and i really couldn't find a pic of the orchid wings when worn... i'm sure they are the prettiest *__*

edit: cleo, i luff your dream avi XD
Ohhh. That's sort of... morbid. XD

They don't? There are some peachish event items. I thought they'd match them.
Like the arm and leg wrap thingies.

DieTotgeburtDesZeus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-17-2008, 10:58 PM

@ pat: yeah, i love language, too... my love for it is blooming since i started university . i study british english and chinese :3 i always wanted to learn an asian language (no matter what country) and it's amazing XD and i also really enjoy linguistics... it makes me feel elaborated XD

@cherry: it's oki, it happens at times ;) my favourite game of all time is morrowind *___* i never had a similar experience when playing a game... so fascinating and full of awesome XD
and i also like lucas arts' monkey island - part 2 the best. part 1&2 are old DOS games and have amazing pixel art *____* and the are about pirates :3

edit: @cherry: yeah... i meant besides the event items XD

Cleocatra
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2008, 10:59 PM

It's almost midnight here. I've not really had dinner. I had a bit of soup and some prawn crackers though ^^

Our shopping is arriving tomorrow. So then we'll have lots of food!

@Zeus

Linguistics are fun! Etymology really helps on the high levels of http://www.freerice.com =3

Hee hee, En guard, touché.

ljosberinn

Old 05-17-2008, 11:00 PM

I'm feeling peckish, watching you all talking about food. I'm going to venture downstairs and see if I find something good. Be back in a bit!

DieTotgeburtDesZeus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-17-2008, 11:03 PM

yeah .___. my salad wasn't very filling XD but still yummy, green salad sprinkled with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper... nomnom!

but i decided to cook myself an egg XD even though i might regret when i go to bed soon XD it's after midnight around here already ._.

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 05-17-2008, 11:04 PM

nifty giveaway! :D

DieTotgeburtDesZeus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-17-2008, 11:05 PM

thanks :3 i've collected 42 buds so far... maybe i really can give out some wings at the end of the event ^^ that would be cool

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-17-2008, 11:07 PM

Totgeburt - Ohhh. I see now.
Yeah, I don't think there are many outside of the event commons.
Though there are the cream suede things. Cream suede boots, gloves, scarf, pea coat, and Jackie O coat.

EDIT: Your salad sounds yummy. o_o
I've never attempted putting anything on my salad other than just salad dressings. I know they're bad for you, though. I need to try other things.
I do like vinegar. About how much of it would you put on a salad? I imagine not too much, or it'd overpower the whole thing.

Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 05-17-2008, 11:08 PM

wingies would take quite a bit! :O

nescia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-17-2008, 11:12 PM

I'm not having much luck finding the buds and orchids at all.
I get many more of the pop-up thingies during past events for some reason.

DieTotgeburtDesZeus
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-17-2008, 11:13 PM

@cherry: it's totally yummy! i use balsamico, which doesn't taste icky like vinegar normally does :3 i just sprinkle it over the salad... as much as i think is tasty ;3 i dunno, i don't like cooking with recipes >.> i need to do it my own way XD just try it out, but don't forget the oil! your body needs it to keep the vitamins! my boyfriend makes the most awesome salads ever *__* he puts in tons of ingredients like different oils and spices and it tastes marvellous...

@paprika: i got my first pair of wings within a few hours^^ i'm eagerly searching for buds XD

@nescia: i have certain i keep refreshing and refreshing... it helps a lot... but i have so many orchids x__x

Last edited by DieTotgeburtDesZeus; 05-17-2008 at 11:15 PM..

nescia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-17-2008, 11:15 PM

I'm eagerly searching for buds, but only occasionally finding them.
hehe

Cleocatra
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2008, 11:17 PM

@Zeus Balsamic vinegar is ace!

I especially enjoy using it to make sauces =3

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-17-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieTotgeburtDesZeus View Post
@cherry: it's totally yummy! i use balsamico, which doesn't taste icky like vinegar normally does :3 i just sprinkle it over the salad... as much as i think is tasty ;3 i dunno, i don't like cooking with recipes >.> i need to do it my own way XD just try it out, but don't forget the oil! your body needs it to keep the vitamins! my boyfriend makes the most awesome salads ever *__* he puts in tons of ingredients like different oils and spices and it tastes marvellous...
Yeah, I'll have to try that!
I'll just have to get my mom to buy some salad dressing. We're out. And more proper vinegar.
We have some vinegar, but it's cheap and more meant for cleaning than eating.

ljosberinn

Old 05-17-2008, 11:18 PM

Totgeburt, hehe, my love for it has dwindled since I started university. :Š
I took a course in Japanese and looooved it, it was so deliciously different, and I loved learning a different alphabet. I don't know why, I just loved learning the whole writing thing over again. Maybe because I love fresh beginnings on something I've already started before, fills me with hope and happiness.
And linguistics are fun, I'm finishing my first year in English in the university and I've taken a couple of courses like General linguistics, Phonetics and phonology, History of the English language and English grammar which I really enjoyed. I'm just too lazy to study them properly when I have to. Or maybe it's just that I'm getting too tired of regular studying..

Cleo: Oh damn, freerice. I'm going to have to use a whole lot of self control not to click that link or I'll be up here all night. And I'd planned on reading before going to bed, too. o.o

Eww, vinegar. My mum took a phase where she put vinegar on everything and I couldn't stand it at all. Finally she started serving the vinegar bottle to the side so people could add it if they wanted. My stomach is also very sensitive to a lot of spices, so I have to take care when using different spices. But then again, I'm not very fond of very spicy food. :Š