nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 AM

Clock: Personal preferences there, definitely. Nothing wrong with that. :) I've never seen the L word. I love watching her interviews. She's just got such personality, and I love watching her interactions with her interpreter (who she's been with for 28 years). xDD

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 04-16-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo.love_22 View Post
That's good! I'm thinking about disappearing off myself - we'll see how this goes. I'll probably be disappearing off when mom gets home from work. But I've been doing fairly well - currently on semester break (in between colleges) ... and waiting on hearing back from the school I REALLY want to go to. Fingers crossed there definitely! It's good to see you back and around again. =]
Ahh fingers crossed for you!! <3 I dunno if I'll stick around tbh but we'll see. And ugh about the library fines.. I think working at the library for a few summers completely destroyed my ability to return things on time since employers don't get fined xP I do love audiobooks though and can usually find some online. And I tend to get books for yule or birthdays, so I'm well stocked. :) I miss being able to afford to go on amazon and just buy a small bunch of books!

occulta, nice! You'll have to link us when the thread is up! :D

Ahhh my brain has just slowed down by 50% in the last half an hour.. think I'm gonna get me beauty sleep, I'm meeting a photographer tomorrow for a photoshoot.. excited! ^______^ nighty night all!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 AM

Thanks! <3 And I know the feeling - I have been considering just packing up and quitting completely, but eh... not sure if that'll ever happen.
At least you have access to books to borrow them and have them also on hand to read instead of having to borrow them from the library, that's nice thoug!

Alright! Sleep well and hope that the meeting with the photographer goes well!!! Good luck! Night! :)

MaxxR
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2013, 12:26 AM

nemo.love_22: Actually that would be amazing! My collection is sadly very small considering I've been looking for these books my entire adult life.

ljosberinn: It's super sweet! That's a shame about your bookstore though. I'd love to have one of those in my town.

Another good one is called Totally Joe by James Howe. It's a prequel of sorts to his book The Misfits. It's the character Joe's coming out and coming of age story, but he's only in middle school/early high school, so there isn't any graphic stuff. I especially liked it because there really isn't much by way of books for young LGBTQ+ people, and this one is tasteful and honest.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 02:21 AM

MaxxR: Ok, if I remember I'll message him either later on today, or tomorrow. I know he's at school most days - or I can just message a group that I'm a member of on Facebook - and see what they have to offer in terms of books. :)

ljosberinn

Old 04-16-2013, 12:07 PM

Cooooooooffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeee *_________________*

Morning everyone!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 03:36 PM

Hello ljos!! How're you doing today? :)

MaxxR
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2013, 03:42 PM

Morning! Or afternoon, depending on where you are. Haha

How's everyone today? :D

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 03:47 PM

Ahhh, still early morning for me. Just going on last 9 am.. I suppose it's not really early. Mid morning. :P

Eh, I have a bit of a bad mood that just won't go away. :( How're you?

MaxxR
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2013, 03:54 PM

I'm good. I got to sleep in today, so that was amazing. It feels like morning, but it's actually noon for me. Hehe

Though I did scare myself awake this morning. I work 35+ hours a week, so I'm use to getting up super early for my shifts. My first thought as I was waking up was "CRAPI'MLATEWHYDIDN'TTHEYCALLME?!". Then I remembered it was my day off, haha.

Exciting.

Mysterious grumpiness is no fun! I hope you feel better soon. :)

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 03:57 PM

Oh, that's great to hear! And yay for sleeping in! My cat tried to get me up at like half 6 and I was like "Ummmm no." And went back to bed. He was meowing and scratching and head butting at my door. >.<

I do know the cause of it - it's a roll over blah upset mood from last night actually. :( And thanks, me too.

It may be time to go and find John Barrowman videos on youtube!

MaxxR
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2013, 04:03 PM

John Barrowman! He's great, but I always feel just a little hint of sadness when I see/hear about him, because of Children of Earth. Damn you, Barrowman, for giving me feeeeeeels!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 04:06 PM

I was not able to finish Series 3 because a friend spoiled it for me, and I knew that if I did -- I'd end up frustrated and upset at him! D: Even though I already am. But the thing to remember is... Barrowman is separate from his character. Sure he plays him but he just does (as his character) what the writers tell him to. Barrowman as himself is simply amazing. Separate real from what's fake and written by other people.

It's crazy to me how different Barrowman really is from Jack... plus he's absolutely absurd and hilarious! His autobiographies are amazing! Worth the read! And I just love him and Scott together! They're adorable!

MaxxR
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2013, 04:36 PM

Oh I don't dislike Jack, or Barrowman. Even after CoM I still like Jack Harkness. I guess what I was saying is that when I think of Barrowman I think of his work. His performance, and the complicated nature of Jack Harkness left an impression on me, but that's a good thing!

From my understanding Barrowman got to be in on some of the brain storming for Jack, and to me the two will always be connected emotionally because there wouldn't be a Jack Harkness without John Barrowman.

I get really attached to characters, I have the same complicated fannishness with other actors. Martin Freeman's performance at the end of Sherlock S2 still leaves me wibbly, and Haley Joel Osment will always remind me of the scene in A.I Artificial Inelegance where little David is abandoned in the woods.

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 04:38 PM

Oh, not saying that he's not in on it, because I agree with you there. But think of it this way. Have you ever seen him in interviews or clips of Tonight's the Night? He's a truly amazing man. Have you read any of his books - Barrowman's books? They're amazing - I currently am trying to find my Nook charge cord so I can read Hollow Earth. But I've read both of his autobiographies and I totally recommend them if you haven't already read them. ^_^

MaxxR
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2013, 04:47 PM

Oh I've seen the interviews. I agree he's delightful!

I didn't know he had books though. I will have to check them out!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 04:50 PM

Whenever I Watch interviews with him I just bust up laughing!

Yep! His two autobiographies are: Anything Goes, and I am What I am. ^_^

Then there is Hollow Earth - which is their children's book - but adults love it - I've not gotten a chance to read it yet.
And they have a Torchwood novel. Forget the name and the second book after Hollow Earth is out as well, I think?

And the they I'm referring to is him and his sister. :)

ljosberinn

Old 04-16-2013, 08:37 PM

Woooo I had a really great time at the photoshoot! I'm so used to being the photographer, I'm going to be extra impatient now to see the pictures.. I'm so used to being able to see them right away! So gonna try to just distract myself and think about something else till he's ready to send me some. >____________<
John Barrowman is really great. I hardly ever watch interviews though. But the little I've seen of him he's really adorable. And his smile and laughter are just ridiculously infectious. Have either of you watched Arrow? He's in there.. as well as Alex Kingston, and the actor who plays Doctor Moon from Silence in the Library.. someone on the casting team is obviously a Doctor Who fan :P

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 PM

Yay! I'm glad that the photo shoot went well! I am not a fan of having my picture taken, I know I'd be a poor model, because I hide too much to get decent photos. What was the photo shoot for? :)

I tend to go and watch Barrowman interviews - and watch the concerts I have of his on my laptop - whenever I'm in a rubbish mood. Plus he and his partner are so adorable together!
I don't have TV and therefore finding Arrow is way too tricky for me right now, whenever I can get my hands on it, I'll watch it though. You mean River Song from Doctor Who? =P *laughs* Alex Kingston also had a guest star role in the recent Season of NCIS and it threw me off. Made me go "Wait, where The DOCTOR!?" The whole episode... Totally not coo! >.< LOOOOL! :P

ljosberinn

Old 04-16-2013, 08:52 PM

Aww. I'm still quite insecure about myself truly, but I trick myself into thinking I'm confident enough to model and well, I end up getting showered with compliments and people wanting to take my pictures, and my confidence SKYROCKETS! :D And the photos were just for us really, just for nice pictures for both of our portfolios :)

I don't have TV either.. but we tend to get our entertainment illegally off the internet, and it's relatively easy to find if you can do that :P I do recommend it though, it's not like.. AMAZING or anything, and all the women in it look the same (I'm serious, there are THREE main female characters all with the same body build and long-ish brown hair.. it confuses the hell out of me!), but it's fairly well made and entertaining enough. Also uh, anything with superhero types I will basically watch regardless xP
And yes, Alex Kingston = River Song! She looks different enough in Arrow that I didn't get too confused, but it was really fun seeing her there! I'm having more trouble with Barrowman, even though he's kinda playing a really mean guy.. I'm still expecting him to start hitting on anything that moves and bring out the charms..

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 PM

I'm insecure about myself as well. Friends get on my case about my lack of photos, because I usually am the one hiding behind the camera, honestly. Awww, that's great! ^_^

I don't have the best net connection here at home.
Plus it's got Barrowman - there's a reason in itself to watch it. *laughs*

Did they manage to tame her hair? Oh, I've been following him on Twitter and Instagram and have been seeing pictures/tweets about it. And that just seems to be something that he does often. Oh, dear... yes! :P

ljosberinn

Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 PM

Aww. I recommend taking pictures of yourself more, even if you don't publish them, if you can. Just the act of taking them, and looking at them, and, even if it's just with a few select friends, sharing them, can really do amazing things for your self esteem. Speaking from experience here. :)

Hehe not really.. I love Kingston's hair :D

Augh I just took the false eyelashes off from the shoot. Managed, as usual, to glue them to my own eyelashes rather than my eyelid, so... ouch.

I think I might disappear for a bit to play a computer game, the rest of the internet is being dead and boring and I'm feeling restless. ^^ Be back in a bit! <3

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 PM

I do take pictures of myself and then promptly delete them. >.< I don't like pictures of myself.
*laughs* I love her hair too! I have a feeling it's pretty untameable - her hair!
Oh, ouch!! That sounds painful!
I'm half here myself, it's cold here again today, so I've been going between the living room where the computer with the internet is and my bed. xD

jupiter
inactive account

Old 04-17-2013, 03:36 AM

I was notorious for late fees. I don't think I returned a single book to the library without it being late; my goodness, I probably still have a book and it has been over a decade.

ljosberinn

Old 04-17-2013, 12:14 PM

jupiter: right? I was okay with the library here for like three months, only very small fees that you could easily ignore, and then I kept this one audiobook for like... two months or something, because I completely forgot I had it. :x Went and returned it but haven't even tried borrowing anything else since xD

Ugh speaking of money.. I need a few food things but I also want to buy some wine and I'm wondering if I can get away with it... x____x need to just go to the shop but I'm feeling lazy... need a kick in the butt!