RobinGoodfellow
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 AM

HANDS. My fickle, fickle friends. Sometimes they come out great, other times they look like a seisure victem drew them with their toes.

neuro0013
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 AM

I hate feet...
But I usually get around it by positioning the pictures in a way where they're not important or hidden. If I have to draw them I'll try to get a reference or visualize how it would look like.. I can get pretty close to decent, but damned the toes ><;

Deadly_Lotus

Old 03-20-2010, 02:57 PM

I find hands, and feet to be a pain in the butt to draw. I can never get the proportions right with hands. :/

Inoko Clan-Clan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-20-2010, 09:09 PM

The hardest is absolutely the hands and feet. I usually start off by drawing blocks, then drawing detail. (This uses up so much eraser tho.) >.<'

Adia
Crazy lover and Artist
Send a message via MSN to Adia

Old 03-21-2010, 09:41 AM

Hands, and feet. Though I think most people have trouble drawing hands and feet. I blame all those little bones! xD haha.

Xai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2010, 01:27 AM

For me the hardest thing to draw are the hands. They're very complecated, and there are many different types. Strong, delicate, thin, ect. Even when it comes to chibis I have trouble drawing them.

Frawesome
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-28-2010, 06:25 PM

The hands, feet, and hair. I'm not good at those at all, and it takes tons of time and effort to make it look decent.
It bugs me :c

Mr. Sir Henry Motherlover
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Sir Henry Motherlover

Old 03-28-2010, 07:21 PM

Toes! Drawing them out and making them look individual is a pain. Every shoe I draw is never open-toed, haha.

thelettervee
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-03-2010, 07:14 AM

for me it would be hands and feet (of course) i usually just make it look very sketchy and some how it works.
and also the genitals. i can draw breasts just fine, it's just the sex organs that i avoid always. :/

Koraru
C'est moi

Old 04-03-2010, 07:27 AM

Yup, hands are hands down the hardest! Although muscles in guys are not particularly easy, nor their Adam's apple Xp

Sulley
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-10-2010, 02:44 PM

Feet. I can never get them shaped right and I dread having to draw toes. When I try to draw bare feet they always come out looking more like paws D: Oh, and muscular or very fat characters are a pain to draw. I can never get the proportions right and it's hard to find good references to practice drawing them with.
I used to have a really hard time drawing hands but I've been practicing a lot with them an I'm relatively confident in my hand drawing skills. They're still pretty hard when I'm doing thinner, feminine hands are realistic hands but I'm slowly getting there.

Taoki Keikichi
Cold Eyes

Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 PM

my hardest part to draw is when a character is sitting down and i have to draw them from the front.

raebabe18emo
raebabe18emo

Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 AM

the hardest part of the body to draw for me is a combination of the nose, ears and muscles.

Nose- well as u all should know the nose is no a shape that u can draw with lines or curves. it is actually made of shadows on ur face and i find it particually hard to draw it because of the shadding u have to do in the right areas and the right amount of light in different places. Also the nostrils i find hard because everyone has different shape and size.

Ears- well of course the ears r hard u have to put all the different curves and ridges in ! lol i dont know i just find them hard and theres no way to describe it...i just suck at drawing ears.

muscles- i guess the amount of shading and certain shapes is what i find hard. and the muscles in the arms r sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard ...i dont know how some people draw them.

i guess i have learnt i SUCK at shading lol

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 04-15-2010, 03:21 AM

There's really nothing about the human body I can't draw... Except when it comes to drawing breasts on girls. lol It's true. I usually have a little trouble when I draw them. I know, it's odd.

Forsaken Eyes
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-24-2010, 02:42 AM

For me, cheeks. I always make them too dark, or the wrong shade of pink. I don't realy mind hands/feet but the face/cheeks are so annoying. Too fat. Too droopy. Too square. Not rounded at all. Too much shadow. Too bony... UGH!
The list could go on forever.
Am I the only person who has trouble drawing cheeks?!? Sweet, I'm special :3

PrimroseDream

Old 04-24-2010, 10:05 AM

Hands are the hardest for me. Only recently I realized that I wasn't even drawing the hand... just kind of the wrist into the fingers/thumb. I try not to avoid drawing them though, that goes against my morals. Recently I've been practicing on them and I use blocks to get started. The nose is also quite hard for me, I don't know how to make it look realistic and yet classy at the same time. I experiment with many styles but it's not easy.

Mirana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 AM

Boobs.

Correction: Big boobs.

I wish I were kidding. I understand they hang from the collar bone. they are kind of half-pear shaped. but still.

I'm a girl, and still these are hard to draw.

None of my drawings have boobs in them. For that reason.

Mariposa~rosa
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Mariposa~rosa

Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 AM

noses. my style is semi realistic (my eventual goal is to have a style similar to the average DC style) and noses, especialy nostrils, drive me absolutely crazy.
They are slightly easier on girls, but but i hate mens noses in particular. I need to get around to just doing a big study on them eventualy

McNugget
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana
Boobs.

Correction: Big boobs.

I wish I were kidding. I understand they hang from the collar bone. they are kind of half-pear shaped. but still.

I'm a girl, and still these are hard to draw.

None of my drawings have boobs in them. For that reason.
Mirana, I know how you feel. lol I'm not very good at drawing those either! Well, it's not that I'm completely terrible at it, it's just that sometimes when I draw them, they seem to be a bit uneven(especially when drawing big ones) , so I take alot of time trying to make them look even. I'm a guy, and I admit I have had my fair share of staring at a women's chest before, but even then, I just can't porportion them right at times. :rofl: Honestly though, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter about your gender when it comes to if you can draw them or not.

Last edited by McNugget; 05-01-2010 at 12:13 AM..

Acena
(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 04-30-2010, 05:39 PM

I've been drawing since the age of 10, and every time I have the most trouble with eyes. They are normally easy to draw when im doing close-ups, but i struggle with making them even in size. Any tips?

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 PM

Crotches! Particularly mens crotches. For some reason I'm always stumped by that whole area!

Acena if you are drawing digitally in photoshop you could do like I do with eyes and use the free transform tool on them. ;>__>

Maleana
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-25-2010, 04:49 AM

Hands! I -hate- drawing hands--in pencil, in pixels-- anything! I put their hands behind their back or make sure to cover the entire hand area as much as I can just to avoid drawing them. xD They always looks like weird snake sausages of doom. @_@ I have no clue how to over come it. Dx

jazzkitteh
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM

The best way to overcome not being able to draw hands is to STOP hiding them. The more you practice the better you get so hiding them is only hindering your progress. It's also noticeable and I feel lowers the quality of your work if you are repeatedly hiding certain features you cant draw well.

punkrockindemon
~Im falling to pieces~

Old 05-31-2010, 10:56 PM

hands are very difficult for me to perfect xp"

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 06-03-2010, 12:25 PM

The dificult part for me to draw in women's proportion are the breasts.. and the common proportions, if you mean, it is the fingers xD
So, I always keep my finger tight when I draw, and I am very bad about breasts.. They don't come at the right point at all!