Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Introduction: Pirates of Menewsha, World of Yeros

"...as I sit atop the deck of my now doomed ship and look out at the sea, I can't help but wonder if we had found them what the reward would have been. Me men all came along, full of hope and wonder at the prospect of riches beyond a man's imagination. Many of those fine young men perished in search of a dream; falling victim to a crafty trap, killed by the greedy, caught nasty disease and had curses set upon them. Only one I wished a curse on... damn fool losing the map in a game of Splice. What was I thinking when I gave it to him? That's what I get for trusting a pirate I guess and not that it matters anymore.

I am all that is left of this miserable lot and a tempest has caught me and ran me against the rocks. I must be cursed as well.

They're out there... all six of them...well five now. This one is going down with me. I can only hope that other pirates will continue the search and eventually find them all. I'll be waiting to greet them when they come for this one."

~Captain James Bartholomew Radison, aka 'Black Eyed Bart'

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Setting and So Forth

This role play will take place in relatively modern setting, although not necessarily 21st century modern. Some places that you encounter may have electricity and running water and others will not. This is also true of technology.

Word has traveled over time of six artifacts, that when combined, lead to riches beyond imagination. No one has ever found all six so no one really knows if this is true. Your main quest will be to search the world of Yeros for these artifacts. You may choose to go it alone or form a crew and set off. As you can see from the map there will be several ports and places you can call home. Sailing will not be the only thing you will do here. You will also be required to dock and get off the ship and figure out how to get around on land. There will be clues, riddles, and puzzles that will lead you closer to your goal, or sending you reeling in the opposite direction. There will also be side quests. I am always open to player input so if you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to PM me and we will talk about it. My goal here is to create an active/interactive story that keeps everyone involved and on their toes.

World of Yeros

Now don't go laughing at my mad map skills :P It is obviously not done but I wanted to get this up to give you an idea of the world you will be playing in.

Getting closer. Just have to draw in a few more odds and ends.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2007, 09:15 PM

World of Yeros Countries

Calithia: Most natives of Calithia are quite poor, with only the few lucky one's being fortunate enough to own gem mines, gems being the primary source of trade for the economy here. The fishing industry is also high on the list of trade goods from Calithia, along the south eastern coast in the Bay of Drazul. A large trade city, Jabari, which deals primarily in the trade of gems is located just south of the mountainous regions of Calithia, just above the River of Sorrows. A large fishing village, Sule, is located just south of the very same river, slightly northeast of the southernmost mountainous regions, on the coast of the Bay of Drazul. A small port city, Faraji, is located on the northeastern coast of Calithia, dealing in both the export of gems from Calithia and rice from Terithra. There are scatterings of native villages and small farms throughoul the rest of Calithia, and the people here primarily speak in African languages. Many of the natives of Calithia are superstitious, some practice voodoo and witchcraft, instilling fear in some, and intrigue in others.

Dominus: The educational capital of the world, Dominus is famous for it's prominent schools and universities ranging from simple tradeskills to the more complex technologically advanced studies. People from all over the world come to study in the great city of Veradis (meaning truthful/genuine), located just south of the tiny Lago de Torqueo (Lake of Torment). Many stories have evolved around this small lake, making it a point of interest for those who come to visit this vast city. It is also the jewelry making mecca of the world, as many prominent jewelers have made their home in the city of San Angelo on the southern shores of the Rio De Muerto (River of Death), named such due to the many deaths caused as people have attempted to challenge the death defying rapids of this river. The mountainous regions of the southwestern portion of Dominus is dotted with gold and silver mines used in the production of jewelry. Gems are imported from the gem mines found in Calithia. Several other smaller cities, towns, and villages are scattered throughout the regions of Dominus, along with a few small farms, but farming is not a major source of trade in Dominus. There is only one port city in Dominus, being located near the centralized location where Merithra, Calithia, and Dominus meet. This major trade hub harbors many criminals and the black market is quite large in this major city, so aptly named Ciudad de Sangre (City of Blood). The primary language of the natives of Dominus are Latin based languages of which many dialects exist (Hispanic, Italian, Latin, etc).

Antewrp: Antewrp is not an independent country in its own right. It is ruled by each of the countries that border this city and is the main source of trade for Yeros' global economy due to its location. This city is home to everyone from pirates to merchants to naval commanders. Many merchants go from here to La Ciudad de Sangre to trade their wares but the road leading to and from this city is a dangerous one.

Merithra: Center of technology, as it is the most advanced continent in the world. Merithra is home to the Yeros Naval Academy and the Yeros Naval Base, three major industrial cities, and two major ports/trade hubs. Merithra depends in large upon imports from other nations in order to assemble their technological inventions, but due to the laws of supply and demand, they have no problem obtaining the materials they need in exchange for providing a bit of their technology to other nations. Due to the nature of their technology, these items are in high demand on the black market as well, as pirates and other criminal types would find these items useful in tracking the whereabouts of naval vessels, etc. As the companies that assemble these items keep close tabs on each item they assemble and sell, the price for obtaining these items on the black market are quite exorbitant. Etienne is located just west of the Sinjon River in the eastern portion of Merithra. Marcel, located in the mountainous regions of central Merithra, lies north of the Quennel River. The third industrial city, Vachel, lies just south of the Quennel River, directly south of the small Colonial country of ?. These three cities primary functions are the assembling of and trade of Merithra's technological inventions. Tremeur, located west of Marcel and the mountainous regions of central Merithra, on the shores of Thunder Bay, and Verney, located on the eastern arm jutting out from Merithra, are the two port cities located on this continent. Both cities specialize in the export of technological goods, and the imports of items required to make these technological inventions. All activity within these two port cities is closely monitored by the Yeros Navy.

* Tikal Province: The Province of Tikal is littered with crumbling ruins and ancient artifacts. Several pyramid shaped buildings are scattered throughout the land. These ruins attract several thousand tourists and archaeologists each year. The most notable ruins being located in Chan Kawil. A handful of pirates make their home here due to the large number of booby traps and natural predators that roam the land and due to this very little is known about this temple.

Garl: This land has some of the richest soils that can be found in the world, therefore it's primary source of trade come from it's farms and ranches. The finest livestock can be found here, as well as a multitude of grains and vegetables rich in nutrients. Oil wells can be found dotting the southern most parts of Garl, making it one of the richest continents in the world. There are three major trade hubs on Garl. Lindrick is located on the southern finger of Garl, where all oil exports take place. Berenwyn is located on the larger northern arm of Garl, south along the inlet just north of the great Lake Daerni. This city is known for harboring seedy characters of ill repute, and seems to be a favorite haunt for pirates and other known criminal types, and the black market is huge in this city. The third trade hub, Schepger, is located at the northern tip of Garl, where the smaller arm begins to form. Trade of both crops and meats are the main exports of both Berenwyn and Shepger. Smaller cities, towns, and villages, as well as a multitude of farms and ranches dot the lands throughout Garl. Germanic languages are the primary speech of the natives of Garl, though several dialects exist throughout this large continent.

Bristonia:

Bristonia was named after Ashwin Briston, a young merchant from the Calithian Merchant Company, when he was blown off course and landed on this seemingly uninhabited landmass. He later found that both pirates and naval men knew of this place and had been using it for years to both hide and to resettle themselves once their life of sailing the seas was over. English is the primary language of those who reside in Bristonia. It is broken down in to five major provinces:

* Fallendon Province: One of the major port cities and trade hubs of the world, Fallendon, can be found near the western shores of Bristonia, along the banks of the Yuakita River. The most popular route to this city is by boat through the Sacred Grove of Akta Bin. It is said that Akta Bin planted these trees himself centuries ago, as these trees grow nowhere else but in Bristonia and only in this spot.

Fallendon also boasts the second largest university for masonry and trade skills. Fallendon Quarry supplies the region with copper, gold, and silver ore which is smelted at the smaller Fallendon Mine.

* Yuakita Province: Many people travel through The Sacred Grove of Akta bin throughout the year to pay homage to Akta Bin at the largest temple in the land, aptly named The Temple of Akta Bin. It is also through this passage that you can travel further upriver to the capitol city of Yuakita. Yuakita houses the country's governing body and elected officials.

Northeast of Yuakita lies the city of Stanika. It is not as large as Yuakita but is considered to be a quiet and clean city with little crime, although rumor has it that there is a pirate lair located south of here, although no one has been brave enough to go and see for sure. Several smaller cities and trade hubs can also be found scattering the shores of the Yuakita River.

* Hollister Province: The northern areas of Bristonia are made up mostly of quarry's, where various stones are harvested from the earth, used both in the production of building materials, as well as the makings of stone carvings and statues used for decorative purposes. Most employees of the various quarries reside in the town of Pegamite.

* Dulreth Province: At the northeastern most part of Bristonia lies both the Dulreth Farm and the Hurreth Farm. These two farms, along with smaller farms scattered all over Bristonia supply the country with its meat and vegetables. Several people work each of these farms during the winter and then migrate north to the Black Forest Mill. This lumber is not exported by any means "officially" and stays within Bristonia. To the south is a town called Ochuka. It is rumored that several naval spies make their home here since there are pirate lairs both to the east and west of this location.

* Kabira Province: The large industrial city of Kabira lays in the valley of Abeona. Masonry is the primary trade skill of Bristonia, and boasts the largest masonry university im the country. those who wish to learn masonry can enroll and learn all there is to know about this talent. Some of the most prominent stonemasons have graduated from this university, their talents sought after throughout all the world. Those who do not succeed at masonry can also find work at the only two gem mines in the country, located in Tarpul and Farengi. Tarpul is a very religious, yet secretive society, and rumored to have secret societies and rituals. The mine extracts the largest uncut rubies on the planet and sends them to Jabari, Calithia to have them cut and distributed. The Farengi diamond mine is considered a "blood" mine and rumored to be run by the pirates living nearby.

Purkle Islands: Not much is known about the folk who make their home here. They have a penchant for small furry animals and dark glasses and most residents live on the center island in a town called Purkanthia. They rely heavily on imports from the Calithian Merchants and pirates that come through. They also trade heavily with Bristonia. Bristonia claims these islands as their territory, however the people on the islands believe themselves to be a sovereign nation.

They are known for making very brightly colored clothing and cloth and no one else on the globe has been able to reproduce their methods. This cloth is sought after by several noblemen and naval commanders. Pirates also fancy this cloth due to its high dollar value.

Terithra: Most of this country is buried in swamp lands, perfect for the cultivation of rice, making rice their number one source of income from trade. Due to the nature of this land, houses and structures are built on stilts, and a series of wooden platforms link the buildings together in the trade city of Nephtal, located in the heartland of Terithra. The dangers of navigating the outer edges of these swamplands make Terithra the perfect hideaway for pirates on the run from naval vessels, and many a pirate ship has managed to avoid capture by making their way into these waters, however, putting their ship at risk if they don't know the secret route. Deep sea divers have found many a treasure in these waters, as the bottom of the sea here is littered with sunken ships.

Crescent Islands: Named for the crescent shape formed by the islands, this is a favorite vacation spot for the well-to-do, as they find themselves in a tropical paradise. The main source of trade here are the delicious fruits that are grown on these islands, though they are also known for their island lore and the small wooden carvings that represent the different island Gods as told of in their tales. Island folk will tell visitors that these carvings ward off evil spirits, but most believe this is just their way of piquing interest in the sales of memorabilia. There are several resorts, plantations, and native villages scattered throughout these islands, but on the central island you will find the small port city of Ioana, the trade hub of the islands.

Islands of the Fallen: The Islands of the Fallen were aptly named due to the rather large whirlpool that sits directly in the center of the five islands. This has claimed several ships ranging from naval to merchant ships. Some claim that these islands are haunted with the souls of the men and women that were claimed by the sea. This however has not deterred the pirates as they have built a stronghold complete with an active black market in a city they refer to as The Veil of Mourning on the largest island.

The invisible admin who does stuff when you aren't looking.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2007, 09:47 PM

The Artifacts

Artifact #1: Calithia's Revenge - This ancient artifact is said to have come from the voodoo tribes of Calithia. Legend has it that this item gives the owner the ability to strike at their enemy from afar, inflicting their enemy with disease or excruciating pain, unbeknownst to the enemy.

Artifact #2: Mirror of Protection - Long ago, among the mountainous regions of Merithra, a clan of people called the Meonit had come under attack by the plainsmen tribes. As is often the case, tales have been told of a hero that saved the day. It is said that he held this ancient artifact up high above his head, reflecting the sunlight into the enemies eyes, and blinding them, permitting his people to drive their enemy away from home. It is believed that the bearer of this artifact will find protection from his enemy, keeping him safe from harms way.

Artifact #3: Seedra's Box - There is an air of mystery around this artifact, as the true nature of the box is unknown. It is rumored that the box holds many benefits, but that the benefit it provides to it's owner is random, therefore it is not always effective. The stories surrounding the box state that on several occasions, the benefit of the box was so effective, that it makes this box a highly desired item, despite it's randomness. Stories say that the box provides both protective and offensive benefits, and that it has led the owner of the box to victory on many an occasion. It is said that in order to activate the benefits of the box, that the owner must provide an answer to a riddle contained within the box. The answer to the riddle is believed to be what determines the benefit the box will provide, and the ineffectiveness of the box on those occasions when the random benefit did not help, it is believed, was due to the owner providing an incorrect answer to the riddle.

Artifact #4: Grarlun's Aura - This ancient artifact is said to have hailed from the Ruins of Garl, found many centuries ago. It is said to have been lost, and found again, on many an occasion, as the orb is nearly invisible to the naked eye, except when activated. Upon activation, a prismatic rainbow of colors swirls about the bearer of the orb, offering them a protective shield. It is believed that this shield protects from all physical attacks, both ranged and close hand-to-hand combat, rendering the bearer nearly invincible. It is said, however, that this aura does have a vulnerability, though it is unknown to all what the true nature of this vulnerability is. It is also unknown as to whether the bearer is able to fight his or her enemy while the shield is activated.

Artifact #5: Briston's Puzzle - Made up of five pieces of ulexite stone , this artifact is said to have hailed from the Bristonian peninsula, and is believed to have been crafted by the famous stonemason, Briston. It is said that when the puzzle is assembled properly, it provides the bearer with unusual strength, giving them the ability to pound their enemy into the ground, so to speak. If, however, the puzzle is disassembled, there is no benefit, therefore if even one piece of this puzzle is missing, the bearer does not receive the benefits of this artifact. Legend has it that a naval officer had managed somehow to relieve Briston of his puzzle, and in his travels, he scattered the pieces throughout the world, in hopes of preventing others from having use of this artifact.

Artifact #6: Eye of Belis - Ancient folklore places this artifact as having been discovered by a young lad named, Belis, in the Valley of Fire on Dominus. It is said that this artifact gives great wisdom to it's bearer. With this artifact, the possibilities of what the bearer can do are limitless. It is said that some bearers of this artifact were able to obtain great wealth, and others became great leaders, making this artifact highly desired among men.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2007, 09:48 PM

Rules

Most of you who have RP'd with me before know I'm pretty easy going and flexible.

* Literacy is a no brainer. I expect everyone who plays to at least be able to post a paragraph or two. I'm not asking for a wall of text, just a nice descriptive post that adds to the story. One line sentences DO NOT count as literate in my world. I can forgive spelling mistakes and occasional grammatical errors as I am no grammar Nazi but please try to use spell check.

* Please keep all OOC chatter out of this thread. You are more than welcome to chat about whatever here: http://www.menewsha.com/viewtopic.php?t=19727

* No Chatspeak. Period. End of story.

* Pirates were not the most upstanding citizens in the community. Feel free to use whatever language you'd like. I do not ask people to censor themselves as long as it is not directed at anyone. If it is and drama starts, posts get deleted, people lose gold, and no one is happy. Please don't do it.

* Please PM me your application with the subject line Ahoy Matey.

* Everyone is welcome to apply.

* Romance can occur within this role play. Your characters can even go all the way if they want so long as it is done within a PG-13 setting. If it gets crude, it gets deleted.

* No godmodding and no overly powerful characters. Everyone starts at a pretty even playing field. You may grow your skills, whatever they may be over time but there shouldn't be anyone that kills 100's with a single blow.

* If you are not going to be here, whether you go on vacation, computer dies, lose interest, whatever the case may be, PLEASE TRY TO TELL ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN! I don't expect people to post everyday but if you are gone longer than two weeks without notifying me, since I am law here, I will have your character killed off and thrown overboard or left somewhere, depending on the circumstances of your absence. If you at least tell me, we can work something out. As I've mentioned before, I'm pretty flexible.

* Most importantly, have fun. :)

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-19-2007, 11:40 AM

Application And Accepted Profiles:

Notice that there is not a place for magical abilities. Adding that would probably be a stretch since I don't imagine many pirates had the ability to shoot fireballs out their eyes or anything.

You can be any type of character you'd like, whether it be a pirate, merchant, mercenary, Navy, law man, whatever you think would fit in. I am not, however, aiming for this to be a fantasy type role play and if you wanted to be an elf or some other type species you will have to give me a good reason why I should allow it.

I know the map isn't quite done yet but if you'd like you can still apply. Once it is finished I will let everyone tell me where they want to be from or you can tell me a general location on the map where you'd like to start and give me a name of a place and I'll add it, or you can wait for me to finish it. It's your choice.

Quote:
Menewsha Name: (your username here)
Character Name:
Species (no vampires since they wouldn't be out in the sun):
Weapons & Skills:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:
RP Sample
Accepted Characters:

Quote:
Menewsha Name: jurupamae
Character Name: Pearl
Species Human

Weapons & Skills: Pearl is proficient with most knives. Also has a large whip that she was given by a captain of a previous voyage. Gives a really mean evil eye.

Personality: Pearl is cutthroat when crossed and will kill someone over spilling rum but is loyal to those few she considers friends. She has a deep gravely laugh and loves a good joke.

Appearance: Pearl was a heavy set woman. Not fat but burly and most pirates worth their salt knew better than to get on her bad side. Her shoulder length hair was a dishwater blonde color that even clean looked grimy and dirty. Her face was weathered from years of sailing and being outdoors and several wrinkles ringed her eyes. Her eyes were the color of slate and had a wicked twinkle that suggested she was somewhere between happy and decidedly crazy. She wore simple tan trousers with a white billowy shirt and heavy black and worn boots. She had a thick black belt with a large gold buckle that had the pirate flag engraved on it. Her bodice was also black and pulled tight showing that, even though burly, she had a figure and was known to give it away to a few lucky souls.

History: Her father and brothers made sure she knew everything about being a pirate and what to expect from the male pirates since female pirates were a rare breed. She hung around pirate taverns during her childhood and learned to pick pocket in order to survive. She wanted to make her father and brothers proud so she stowed away on a pirate ship captained by Calico Jack when she was 13. She managed to talk her way out of being thrown overboard and to prove herself she was given the role of dispensing punishments handed out by Jack himself. She was rather good at it. After Calico Jack had been hung, Pearl would often find herself a crew to join and she saved her plundering riches to someday open a tavern of her own.

In her younger years she sailed the seas without a care, swillin rum and plundering and pillaging. An unfortunate accident involving a swabby and a knife ended her career as a pirate; an incident she refuses to talk about.

Unless drunk enough.

She had managed to save up enough gold to buy the Pyrate King from its previous owner but rumor had it she had swindled him out of it by getting him drunk and having her way with him; sweet talking him in to signing the deed and then kicking him out of her bed. As with any pirate she enjoyed the talk of her escapades making her seem larger than life.
Quote:
Menewsha Name: siaasgn
Character Name: Jollyfish Angie Ray
Species: human

Weapons & Skills: Angie is skilled with her cutlass � it is always with her and she knows how to use it. Angie is also good at cards � which helps her when she needs to bluff, lie, and fool people. She can tell a good story and can keep a straight face while lying to your face. Angie is also a very strong swimmer � it�s how she got the name Jollyfish � her happy demeanor and her love of swimming.

Personality: Angie is fun loving and fierce. She grew up among pirates and learned fast how to cheat and steal � although she prefers to live honestly (well, as honest as a pirate can be). She is fiercely loyal to her friends and will defend them to the last.

Appearance: Angie is about 5�5, dirty blond hair and gray eyes. She has a fit build, been active her whole life � lean and strong.

History: Angie�s father was killed when she was an early teen � she never found out why or who. She survived as a street urchin stealing when she had to, and picking up small jobs where she could - cleaning, sewing, repairing, and other things pirates were willing to let a kid do.

When she was 16 she started sailing on treasure hunts with local pirates. At the age of 23 she met up with a pirate named Morty and started sailing with him. Morty was a bastard � but was generally good to Angie. He had his mean moments, and Angie learned when to avoid him if she didn�t want a black eye � but generally they got along well and complimented each other.

On their last voyage Angie and Morty found a great treasure and Morty decided to try and keep it all for himself (this was not the first time he tried that when it came to their finds) � Angie had enough of Morty taking what was rightfully hers and so one night stole all of the treasure and hid it on a nearby island. Morty didn�t know she had stolen the treasure � but had decided earlier to cut her adrift and no longer have to worry about her taking back what he stole from her. He sailed out to sea and set his plan into action to get rid of the woman who wouldn�t �know her place.�

Angie was put on a small pallet and let go at sea � she floated for days before seeing land. She mustered all her strength and swam for shore just making it as a storm broke. She slugged across the sand towards the pirate tavern she had heard her father speak of when he was still alive, Angie found herself at the Pirate King where she planned on resting up and then heading back out to recover what she had stolen from Morty.
Quote:
Menewsha Name: Fiziali
Character Name: Franz Wolfgang Friedrich (known only as Franz to the rest of the world)
Species: Human

Weapons & Skills: A cutlass, an ornate hilt, sheathed at his left hip. A small dagger sheathed and hidden in his left boot. A small pocket gun, hidden in his shirt, extra bullets kept in his pants pocket. Last, but not least, an iron knuckleband kept in his right pocket of his pants. Franz is proficient with the sword and dagger, as well as his fists. He rarely has to use his pistol, but he has a working knowledge of it.

Personality: A silent man by nature, Franz very rarely speaks unless spoken to, and even then has few words to say. When he does speak, he tends to start his sentences off with a word or two of his native tongue, then correcting himself immediately after. He has never been known to use the slang of pirate lingo, speaking in proper English.

He studies people, is observant of his surroundings, and is quick and precise in his actions. He finds chatter to be distracting and unnecessary, and always performs his duties silently.

Franz has a chauvinistic attitude towards women, feeling them to be somewhat inferior to men (more due to his upbringing), however, being a compassionate man, he doesn't generally allow women to see this side of him completely.

He is slow to anger, not prone to outbursts, but generally stews within his own thoughts, brooding about whatever it is that's upset him. It's rare that others will see more than a glare from him when he is angry. He fears no one, and refuses to put up with any BS. Tall, muscular, and intimidating, generally people avoid getting into it with him.

Appearance: Franz stands a good seven feet tall, muscular, his skin tanned from the waist up from his years of spending his life on the deck of a ship, then another ten years living the simple life of a farmer. His hands are calloused from hard work. His hair hangs half way down his back, a red gold color, with streaks of blonde throughout, having been bleached from the sun. Although he has a bit of graying in his hair, it isn't noticeable due to the coloring. His eyes are a deep blue, framed by golden eyelashes.

Franz wears tight fitting black slacks tucked into his black boots. He wears a white loose fitting shirt that billows in the sleeves, the top three buttons left undone. A heavy gold chain hangs around his neck and lays below his shirt, visible against his chest, a small pool of golden hair just barely visible beneath the chain. His face is kept clean shaven, and though the bristle shows through again by evening, it is barely visible due to it's golden color. A scar runs jagged across his left cheek, and another scar runs down half the length of his lower left arm, hidden by the sleeve of his shirt.

History: He had been born Franz Wolfgang Friedrich, raised by his parent's until his sixteenth birthday. Yearning for adventure, he'd left home and found himself sailing away on a pirate ship. That had been thirty years ago. No one has known him by any other name than Franz since he'd left his home.

When he was just a lad, new to the crew, he'd met a man who was a prominent English businessman turned pirate. The man took him under his wing and taught the boy, hence, his use of proper English when he speaks, having never picked up the slang lingo of the pirates.

Franz sailed under the same captain for many years, developing a loyalty towards the captain which was rarely found between a pirate captain and his crew. Not interested in riches, Franz usually passed off his booty to the captain, only occasionally claiming a prize that might catch his eye, such as the sword he carries. Somewhere along the line he'd developed a taste for schnapps and began to carry a flask of it in the left pocket of his pants. He simply loved his life as a pirate; the excitement, adventures on the sea, seeing the world; that was his reward, and he was content with it.

They plundered and looted, taking captives here and there, as pirates will do, and on one particular occasion where the captain and his crew had captured a mercenary ship, a woman was taken aboard, and placed under lock and key. Franz had been left in charge of caring for her, as the captain did not trust any of his other men. He and the girl had fallen in love, and he'd claimed her as his prize, the captain only agreeing because of the bond between he and Franz.

Franz had left his life of piracy, settling down on a farm he'd purchased, planning to spend the rest of his days with his love. They had had three beautiful children together, all of which had taken on the looks of their father. Having traveled to the city to sell his crops, he'd returned to his home to find his wife, daughter, and two sons had been slain by brigands. Devastated at his loss, he'd decided to give up the farm and go back to his life as a pirate. He'd sold the farm and taken his gold, traveling to a small city near the sea.
Quote:
"Smarmy" Madeline Sparrow needs to get her character sheet together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinitas
Menewsha Name: Affinitas
Character Name: Affinitas
Species (no vampires since they wouldn't be out in the sun): human
Weapons & Skills: Affinitas wields two daggers embedded with jewels, She isn't the best at the art of stabbing but she has her fair share of skills. As well as very small poison needles carefully hidden in her right boot.

Personality: She's a calm and cool headed person, not a lot can surprise her.
She has a little attitude and sarcastic side when around annoying people. She is mostly kind and considerate to those deserving but without mercy to those who do unjust thing without reasons.

Appearance: Still growing into a woman, she's a bit dainty, has pale milky skin that covers her body. Her hair is a deep black with shimmering blue
streaks going through 'em, that drape down to her knees. Her eyes, were a calm chestnut color, who seem to hypnotize you into a tranquil state of mind.

Her usual clothes, consist of a red bra like shirt, a bit tattered and rip
here and there. Wearing blue, white striped pantaloons that seem a tad
too big for her. A yellow sash and a brown leather belt helped hold 'em
in place. Covering her feet were big old black leather boots, with secret
pockets inside.

History: Kidnapped by pirates when she was a child, she was forced to clean and cook for these ruffians. After accepting the fact that no one was
gonna come after her, she grew attached them and could actually call 'em
family. She learned swordplay, and how to talk her way out of unwanted situations or to get information about good lootin'. She seem to be good as any of them to pick pocket and ransack the richest of places.

One night a heavy storm tossed the ship up and down, bringing into pieces. Unknown if others survived she held on to an old empty rum barrel and floated to a town nearby. Where she waits for the right moment to take
a boat she could sail by herself and perhaps find her family, (crew).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinEvil
Menewsha Name: LovinEvil
Character Name: Sariel
Weapons & Skills: Large needles, specially made for combat (throwing). He also carries around a staff that can collapse back into itself. And his face almost always wears a blank look that fools others.
Personality: He doesn't like fighting, but when he is forced to, he is often too controlled over his actions. He likes studying the actions of others, which makes him vulnerable when he's discussing with himself. He eternally searches for true love, true power, and true leadership.
Appearance: image
History: He believes himself to be the incarnate of Sariel, one of the 7 archangels originally listed in the Enoch books as Saraqel. Apocryphally, he is the governor of the zodiacal sign of Aries. In the Enoch books, he also teaches of the courses of the moon. Therefore, he feels good with water and has used his sharp tongue and wits to get out of sticky situations.
Quote:
Menewsha Name: Nathuram
Character Name: Gabriel Ravin
Weapons & Skills: Gabriel isn't necessarily the type to grab the closest weapon and join a fight, but he does happen to carry around a few weapons for his own protection. First off, a rapier specially crafted to withstand heavier blades hangs sheathed at his left side. The blade is not only unique because of the material it was forged from, but because of it's ornate design as well, which has dulled over the years as the blade has become weathered. Secondly, he carries two daggers - one hidden sheathed on his left shoulderblade, underneath his clothes, and another hidden in a compartment in his right boot. And lastly, he carries a nicely crafted pistol, which is holstered at his left side. Gabriel doesn't flaunt any of his weapons; he likes to think of them as strictly a last resort.

As for skills, Gabriel's unaltering stoic face does wonders in card games. He's also rather knowledgeable of the most current technology. Rumors also say that Gabriel has dabbled in voodoo magic, or other mysterious forces. He will neither confirm or deny the rumors when asked directly.

Personality: Gabriel is always on guard, both physically and mentally - so much so that it's hard not to guess he had troubling experiences in his past. Some brag that they've seen him smirk after months of friendship, but most don't believe them. Friendship is a hard enough achievement to accomplish.

Appearance: Gabriel is probably most prominently known due to his stoic yet intimidating aura. Standing at 5'11" and weighing only 170 lbs without equipment, his physical build probably doesn't contribute much to his intimidating appearance. What might contribute, though, is his medium-cut raven-black hair parted to the left, covering half of his moonlight pale face. His piercing dead-black eyes and two scars on either side of his face starting from his midcheeks and slanting down towards the base of his jaw also make his appearance all the more intimidating.

For clothing he's usually found wearing baggy black pants, black buccaneer boots, a black undershirt, a baggy black overshirt, his weapons equipment, three belts - one worn horizontally and the other two worn diagonally, and several pouches that hang to his right - containing a variety of things ranging from ammo, herbs, money, and other mysterious things.

History: Unknown, for the most part. Rumors say he was open, blissful, and in love once, up until his beloved fiancee attempted to maroon him, chain him to a tree, and leave him to dead while already on the brink of death. The rumors never mention how he managed to escape, but they do say that Gabriel found and killed his fiancee. Then again, some rumors say she's still alive somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Bean
Menewsha Name: Jennifer Bean
Character Name: Calico Jacq (like Jack)
Species (no vampires since they wouldn't be out in the sun): Human
Weapons & Skills: Calico Jacq (or just Jacq, if she likes you), is talented in the art of swordplay. At a young age she learned how to fight with a cutlass, and has studied abroad with a samuri master and is quite proficient with a katana. When she doesn't want to play with her victims first, she uses either pistol she keeps in her leg holsters.
Personality: Jacq is a romantic, though she will swear up and down that it isn't so. Although she outwardly seems to indulge in the suffering of others, she deeply cares about her close friends and fellow crew members. Unlike most pirates who do it for the shear adventure, she is truly married to the sea. She hopes to be her own captain one day.
Appearance: At only 5'4", Jacq doesn't cast a intimidating silhouette. Her long flaming red hair and emerald green eyes compensate by giving her the look of an eternally insane woman. She usually wears a plain white shirt, black pants, and boat-appropriate boots, but sometimes she dresses up the ensemble by adding a fancy green coat her old captain gave to her as a gift.
History: Calico Jacq was born Jacqueline Guineveve Eulolie O'Corrin, the daughter of Irish nobility and his French wife. At the age of twelve, she cut her hair and ran away to start her new life as a cabin boy on a famous cargo ship. When that ship was captured by pirates, the captain gave her the choice to become a pirate or die. She of course chose life, and actually enjoyed pirating more than anything legit. By the time the crew discovered her to be a girl, the captain had grown fond of her and decided to take her as his apprentice anyway. After nearly 10 years she left that ship to embark on a new adventure.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-26-2007, 02:16 AM

Pearl stood and watched, her arms folded in front of her, as the merchant looked over each of the satin and velour spread she had brought him. Most of them had come from The Purkle Islands so she knew the value of each one. If the merchant tried to swindle her in the least she'd slit his throat right where he stood and take her business elsewhere. The events of the past few days had started to take their toll on her. Her muscles still ached and she hadn't slept in three days. Her eyes felt scratchy and full of sand and she was pretty sure they were bloodshot at this point. She continued to watch the merchant paw through her belongings while the last few days played through her mind over and over again.

Pearl had managed to bring both Gholdie and Remmie back on the boat where they had later parted ways. It was then she realized that The Pyrate King was ablaze and was close to being nothing more than ash and a memory. She ran up the dock to find Franz kneeling and practically distraught. She grabbed him, pulling him up as far as she could, her cutlass to his throat. "What the hell happened to me bar?! What did ye do to me bar?!" Pearl's voice was nothing more than a strangled screech in the night air. He made no attempt to fend her off and he could have. He was much taller and bigger than she. He was just dead weight clutched between her fingers.

She felt herself being pulled off of him by the shoulders and she quickly swung around, slicing the air with her cutlass in response. She dropped her cutlass to the ground when she saw the child she hadn't seen in years standing before her. "Angie Ray?" she said, her voice filled with surprise. It was then that her legs wobbled and gave way, sending her crashing down next to Franz. She looked up and listened in numb silence as Jollyfish explained what happened.

She loved Maddie like a sister. They fought constantly but still Pearl considered her family. She had nothing left to lose and decided that she would help find her. She also decided that since they were going to set sail they might as well go after something else. She would not tell them just yet though. She turned and put her hand on Franz's shoulder and apologized...

Pearl felt someone tapping her on the shoulder and turned. She realized it was the merchant and softened her face a bit from the twisted scowl it had become as she relived the past few days all over again. He handed her a very large satchel loaded with gold. She measured its weight carefully in the palm of her hand and decided that it would be enough. She nodded at the merchant and strode off, back to where Jollyfish and Franz were waiting for her.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-26-2007, 03:58 AM

Jollyfish Angie Ray sat on a wooden crate squinting into the sun in the general direction Pearl had headed earlier loaded down with fine cloth and other treasures and wondered when she would return.

The last few days had been draining, to say the least. Surviving being cut adrift by Morty, being found still alive by Morty and then killing him would of been enough, but then to see Pearl again after so many years and to have a possible new friend stolen from practically under her nose was just too much.

Angie swept her foot back and forth on the sand in front of her creating a small clear spot and a small pile of sand on either side. Looking down at the spot she had created she bent over and started scratching maps into the sand. She had picked up the habit of mapping in the sand as a child - she would draw maps of her house, the shops, the town, and any other area she was familiar with. For some reason scratching out the maps helped her remember places better and she often did this when she learned a new area or out of sheer boredom.

Today she was mapping out of boredom. She glanced over at Franz, still unsure of how she felt about the man other than sorry for his obvious suffering over Maddie being kidnapped, and then squinted back towards the horizon Pearl would hopefully be coming over soon.

Jollyfish sighed and scuffed out her map, reached into her pocket and pulled out a smoke. She didn't smoke much, but generally carried some on her in case she needed to befriend a smoker or needed something to keep her slightly occupied. She sat in silence watching the smoke curl from the tip of her lit cigarette, all the while keeping an eye out for Pearl.

Madeline Sparrow
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Madeline Sparrow

Old 08-26-2007, 05:48 AM

She had been found hiding amongst the various crates and assorted debris littering the storage area. The pirate Skylar, his jewels as wounded as they were, still managed to pull himself together enough to go looking for her. When he found her he drug her by the arm and threw her back in to the room and against the wall, the impact knocking her to the dirty floor below. He proceeded to beat her, and try as she might to fight him off, he continued his assault until she could no longer stand. She curled up in a fetal position and tried to shield herself from the kicks and punches that were raining down upon her. The pain became too much for her and she blacked out for a time.

When she opened her eyes she saw him on her, taking her just as he'd planned. He had won despite her efforts to thwart him. She attempted to raise her head but the pain shot through her skull like a thousand knives piercing her flesh. She flopped her head back down and looked around. The room was empty which Maddie was thankful for. She fully expected a line of pirates waiting their turn. When Skylar had had his fill he kissed her bloody lips and wiped his hands on her, smearing them across her lips. "Git a taste of that ya bitch" he hissed. Maddie spit in his face and Skylar smacked her hard. He rose from the floor, pulling his breeches up. He turned and looked down and started laughing at her. "Ye's a fine bitch but in the morn ye be meetin Davy Jones. I got what's I wanted. I'm done wit ya." He slammed the door behind him as he left, leaving Maddie alone and exposed.

She mustered what little strength she had to crawl around in search of her clothes. She started to cry, small tears at first, but soon she was sobbing. She picked up her blouse and her bustier and held them to her face; the smell of Franz still lingering on them. She cried hard until she thought she could cry no more. She wiped the blood, grime, and snot from her face with her shirt and proceeded to dress. She rolled over and closed her eyes tight trying to blot out the horrible things that happened with dreams of more happy times.

She awoke to Skylar pulling her by the hair down a dark corridor and then upstairs to the deck. He flung her forward and on to the deck. All of the pirates had gathered to watch. Maddie stood, her legs shaking, but she was determined to have some dignity in front of all these men and not fall down. No doubt they had all been told of Skylar's score. She held her head high as she struggled to step up on to the plank. As she stood there a very loud crash rang out and splinters of wood were flying everywhere. It seems that they were too interested in watching Maddie that they had side swiped a rather large rock. Maddie was knocked back to the deck and forgotten as pirates scrambled to bail out the water the ship was taking on fast. Many had begun jumping off and Maddie decided to follow suit. The water was cold and she kicked and fought the undertow of the sinking ship until she resurfaced. Exhausted from the ordeal she found a piece of wood and held on to it, trying to pull herself up on it. She was too weak and just clung to it, kicking to create distance between herself and the sinking ship.

Maddie felt her legs dragging against something and woke up. It was night now as she clutched the piece of wood that used to be the plank of whatever ship she had been put on. She put her feet down in the shallow water and tried to stand but couldn't. She let go of the wood and clawed at the sand, digging in with her feet and hands to get out of the water. She made her way up on the beach and collapsed. She believed her ribs to be broken and possibly a few of her fingers. It hurt to breath as she sputtered and coughed out the sea water from her lungs. She was cold and tired and just lay there, unable to move any further.

Fiziali
Fizi, Fizgig, Fizpop, ...(insert...

Old 08-26-2007, 06:21 PM

Franz knelt on the dock, feeling defeated and helpless. It was not a feeling he had ever experienced before, and it wasn't pleasant. His heart cried out for Maddie, and he vowed right then and there he would search the ends of the earth until he found her.

It seemed he was destined to lose the one's he loved the most, and this thought did little to comfort him. Smoke arose in the distance and he knew it was the tavern. It had been lost, and everything inside, except for the small strong box he had saved, containing Pearls personal treasures. He knew Pearl would blame him, and would probably seek to kill him over it, but at this point, he didn't care. Death, at least, had to be better than the pain he felt tugging at his heart.

As if the gates of hell had opened, Pearl was suddenly upon him, lifting him up, her sword at his throat. Feeling empty and alone, Franz did not attempt to fight back. She could take his life right then and there, putting him out of his misery, and he would have let her do so, if Angie hadn't suddenly stepped in to stop Pearl.

He allowed himself to sink to a sitting position on the dock. Pulling Maddie's bag into his lap, he wrapped his arms around it, then resting his chin on top of it, he closed his eyes, breathing in the scent of her as it wafted up from the bag. Franz sat in complete silence, not saying a word to Pearl or Angie, either one.

His mind wandered back to the shed where he and Maddie had made love for the first time, and he could see her face just as clearly as if she were there before him now. He must find a ship, and go in search of her, and he would kill the men responsible for her kidnapping. He would hunt down every last one of them until they were all dead.

With sudden determination in his eyes, he leapt to his feet. Seeing Angie standing in the sand nearby, drawing maps with her foot, then brushing them away, he said, "Angie, Ich gehe...I'm going after her! You can come too if you want, but I have to find her!"

Franz moved down the pier, looking over the different ships docked there, searching for one that showed potential for what it was he wanted to do.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Pearl squinted as the sunlight pierced her eyes. She was tired but knew she had to get things in order before she left. She carried the satchel back down to the docks, careful to keep it tucked under her left arm so that her right arm would be free if someone was stupid enough to attempt to attack her.

She stood behind Angie Ray and watched the girl as she drew maps in the sand and then scribbled them out with her foot. There was so much she wanted to tell this girl and find out from her. Pearl had known her father and had sailed with him on several occasions. He had been one of her best friends and his death had been hard on her. Luckily she had been the one to find him and had been able to retrieve what he was killed over before the person or persons could come back and get it themselves. She'd have to tell Angie Ray someday but for now she had other things to worry about.

"Angie Ray," Pearl said quietly, her gravely voice piercing the eerily silent air. "Where did Franz go? Iffin he is gonna try to git a ship he's gonna need something to buy it with. He's gonna have ta git a grip and be the pirate I knows he is iffin he's expectin ta find her."

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-27-2007, 01:09 PM

Angie's head jerked up at the sound of Pearl's voice behind her, and then she blushed at being caught off guard.

"Sorry Pearl - he just up and jumped up and ran off looking at ships. I figgered he'd be coming back when he realized he had no money on him to buy a ship with."

Ange jumped up off her crate and motioned to it "Ya want a sit? You look tired - and I've been sittin long enough. So - what's the plan - you gonna harness that crazy man and find his Maddie? If an adventure is what you're plannin count me in - Maddie seems like a right good girl and helpen her seems right."

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-27-2007, 01:40 PM

Pearl managed a meager smile and took Angie Ray up on her offer. She grunted a little as she sat. Her hip was bothering her a bit so she stretched her leg out and leaned forward in an attempt to pop her back.

She reflected a bit as she looked off in the distance at the rows of ships docked in the bay. She already had one in mind but would let that fool man run around with his head in his ass for a while before she would snap him out of it. She hadn't really spent a lot of time around him and thought this would be an interesting experience to say the least. She was pretty sure he was a veteran and had sailed before but she also knew that love makes people stupid and they act crazy and disorganized. For what she had in mind, Maddie was simply a stop along the way. Not that she didn't want to find her, but she had bigger plans. This would probably be her last voyage in the open water and Pearl figured she may as well make it the best voyage of her life.

"Aye Angie Ray. We'll find her. Need that man ta calm down a bit though. Caint be goin all asshole and elbows on me, or we ain't never gonna find her." She turned back to look at Angie Ray and marveled at how much she had grown. Had that many years truly passed already?

"So tell me Angie Ray, whatcha been up to and what do ye know about where Mort might have been goin?"

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-27-2007, 03:17 PM

Angie plopped down in the sand and looked up at Pearl, trying to decide how much of her life Pearl actually wanted.

She decided a quick summary would work best and more details could be added as needed "Well - ya know when my Pa died - and after that I kind of did what I had to eat. I started piratin at 16 and met Morty 3 years ago. He had some crazy magic thing or other that he thought he was going to find - but mostly we just ransacked merchants."

Angie looked around to make sure no one was near "Morty thought he had found what he was lookin for and was tryin to keep it from me - but I stoled it and hid it on a island near where we was anchored. He didn't know, and before I could get it back and run he set sail and cut me adrift at sea. Rotten bastard git he is - err . . .was. I keep forgetting that i killed the jerk."

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-27-2007, 03:35 PM

Pearl laughed as she listed to Angie's quick tale of her life. Pearl didn't let on that she knew much more about the girl than she thought, as she was responsible for moving her after her father died.

"Aye, sixteen is a good age ta start piratin. Meself I started a few years before that and had ta prove meself worthy. Lucky I didn't get my ass tossed overboard in my youth...on several occasions." Pearl laughed, her body reverberating with each sound. "I was young and headstrong, much like Maddie, 'cept I learnt real quick when ta keep ma mouth shut. She ain't learnt that yet." Pearl looked down at the sand and started moving it around with her foot. She sighed heavily and turned around to face Angie.

"A magic item ye say? Ya stole it from him? Do ye think he was headin back to tha place where ye left it? Chances are we'll find Maddie in that area and ye can retrieve yer treasure."

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-27-2007, 03:56 PM

Angie cocked her head at Pearl and smiled, it was nice to hear her laugh "He may of been going back for it - his crew knew where we were anchored when I stoled his stuff, but since Morty's dead they may just pirate again. Seems like as good a place as any to start tho."

Angie looked towards the docks for Franz, hoping that he would come back to them soon so they could all figure out what to do, and then shamefacedly back up at Pearl "I'm right sorry about yer bar - that was a real nice place - I still don't know how the fire started."

Madeline Sparrow
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Madeline Sparrow

Old 08-27-2007, 06:10 PM

Maddie opened her eyes and found herself on a makeshift bed of palm fronds and grass. She was shaking and her teeth were chattering. She had no idea where she was or how she had gotten here. The last thing she remembered was pulling herself out of the water. She attempted to sit up but the pain was too great and she slumped back down and shook with cold. She felt herself drift back off to sleep.

Fiziali

Old 08-27-2007, 06:49 PM

Franz spent the next few hours talking to the captains of several pirate ships, offering them payment to go in search of Maddie and the men who had taken her.

Perhaps it was the look in his eyes, or maybe it was the malevolent ruthlessness that came across in his voice, but they all refused to help him, despite the exorbitant amount of gold he offered to pay them. He didn't have the gold with him to show them he really had it, anyways. No one wanted to help a half-crazed love-struck fool on his quest to rescue his love or take revenge on her kidnappers.

After being rejected several times, Franz became fiercely vehement, which made it impossible to continue his queries, and he became determined to buy his own ship if he had to. He would need a crew, however, and how would he possibly come up with a crew in a short amount of time, especially a crew he could trust somewhat, he had no idea.

Pearl! Surely she would know whom he could hire. He strode off towards where he'd last seen Angie, figuring maybe she would know where Pearl had gone, and was glad to see that Pearl was there with her. He wouldn't have to look any further.

Taking long strides towards Pearl, he covered the ground in no time at all. Not mincing words, he asked, "Pearl, Ich brauche...I need a ship and a crew. Any idea where I could get one on short notice? Money is not an issue!" His voice was demanding, almost pleading.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-27-2007, 07:17 PM

Pearl rose from her seat as she saw Franz approach. His body language told her that the captains of the vessels had denied him his request. He stood in front of her, his large form looming over her and demanded a ship and a crew. Pearl shifted her weight to her right leg and folded her arms in front of her. Her eyes narrowed as she stared up at the man in front of her.

Quick as a flash Pearl reared back and punched Franz in the face, taking him completely by surprise. She hadn't hit him hard enough to do any damage but she had gotten his attention. "Aye, I know where we kin find a ship and a crew. Why do ye think I've been off selling some of my stores?! Had to sell off me fine spreads...all but a couple... one of them seems to have spots on it damnit. Ye cain't be chargin off like some bullheaded bastard. Ain't gonna git ye nowheres. Now pull it tagether man! Ye cain't be helpin me find Maddie and going off searching iffin he cain't pull ye head out of your ass! I want her found as much as you, understand?!"

Pearl started to walk off in the direction of the ships and spat. "Angie Ray, make sure he don't do nuthin stupid while I'm gone. "And Franz", she said in a less harsh manner, "We'll find her and I'll 'elp ya kill them rotten bastards. They burned me bar up. I've gots as much of a score to settle as ye do."

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-27-2007, 07:36 PM

Angie's jaw dropped open when Pearl punched Franz and she slid backwards away from the two if them if Franz decided to fight back.

As Pearl walked away and called back for her to look after Franz Angie could barely squeak out a "Yes m'am" before looking up at Franz.

She decided sitting was not a good idea right now and hopped up onto her feet "Franz, look, we're gonna find her - we're gonna get a ship and find Maddie - please don't be mad a Pearl, but you've been runnin around like a fool and we need you to keep yer head so we can do this. I may know where they're headed - I need Pearl to help me with the maps of where I was. I . . . I'm gonna stop talkin and let you . . . umm . . . gather your thoughts. How about you have a sit on that there crate and wait for Pearl?" Angie gestured towards the crate Pearl had just recently vacated and took a step back to lean on a nearby palm - sitting in the sun was making her thirsty and antsy.

Fiziali

Old 08-27-2007, 08:21 PM

Franz was stunned, not from the punch she had thrown, but from the shock of Pearl suddenly reaching up and hitting him. He stood there, his mouth gaping open, then shook his head as if to clear it.

Anyone watching would have thought she had literally stunned him with her punch. Franz didn't know what to say. When Pearl informed him she also had every intention of finding Maddie and her kidnapper's, it calmed him down somewhat, and when she told Angie to keep an eye on him, he knew she meant for him to stay put.

Under normal circumstances, he would never have agreed to stay behind, but things were far from normal, and he realized his interference just might cost them, so he decided to comply.

He glanced over at Angie when she spoke, and he'd opened his mouth to retort, but closed it again, reminding himself she was only trying to help, and he felt appreciative of any help they could get to find Maddie.

Franz looked over at the crate Angie had indicated, but instead, he walked down to the beach, and began to walk the shoreline, allowing the waves to lap over his boots as he walked, deep in thought. He paced up and down the beach several times before turning back and making his way to the crate to sit down.

His heart was heavy, and his thoughts were on Maddie the entire time. Franz couldn't bear the thought of losing her too. It was too overwhelming a thought for him, and so he told himself, he would not lose her. He would find her, and he would never let her out of his sight again.

He wanted to kill the men who had done this, but he could not think about them anymore, because the rage inside of him would build up again, and he could not think clearly. Pearl and Angie were right, he had to get hold of himself.

If he was to help Maddie, Franz needed his head to be clear, and so he pushed all thoughts of revenge aside...not forgotten, but stored away for another time and place.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-27-2007, 08:48 PM

Pearl slowly walked the dock inspecting each of the ships that were there. She knew all the captains personally since most had been on voyages with her or patrons of the bar. She came across one, The Syren's Scream and took a closer look. It wasn't a big ship, maybe could hold about 70 men give or take, but it would serve their purpose. She didn't want a big war ship with massive sails, especially if they were going to be avoiding any naval entanglement while abroad.

She spoke to the owner of the vessel and showed him the satchel she held. He eyed her suspiciously but took the satchel to look inside to make sure she wasn't trying to pull anything over on him. She put her hand on her hip and glared at the man. "Ye knows I ain't gonna swindle ya. Why we gots ta go through like this e'ry time we make a deal. I ain't got no bar to go back to so I might as well sail in to tha sunset eh?" She chuckled and elbowed the man, hoping that the gold inside would be enough. He mentioned Franz's behavior and Pearl told him she had already taken care of that. When satisfied the captain spit in the palm of his hand and offered it to Pearl. She followed suit and the deal was done.

As the greedy man she knew he was, the captain high tailed it off the dock to places unknown to count up his sum. Pearl knew she paid more than the ship was worth but it didn't matter. She hobbled back about half way down the dock and shouted to the others. "Oi! Ye comin or what?!"

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-27-2007, 08:54 PM

Angie jumped up at the sound of Pearl's voice and called to her "I'm on my way" and she grabbed the small sack of her belongings that she had been able to salvage from the burnt tavern up off the ground.

Looking over at Franz she offered him her free hand to help him up off the crate even though he probably didn't need her help at all, he was so tall and looked so squashed sitting on the low crate "You're coming, right?"

Fiziali

Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 PM

Pearl's voice drifted through his thoughts but didn't register until Angie held out her hand to help him up.

Ignoring her hand, not to be rude but simply because he didn't need the help, he rose from the crate and followed after Pearl. If she was to be his captain, he figured he'd have to get used to taking orders from a woman. It seemed different, somehow, being her employee in the tavern, and being one of her crew on a ship. He'd never sailed under a woman before, but right now, his only concern was finding Maddie, and Pearl was willing to help.

Once he'd boarded the ship, he went right to work, preparing the ship to sail. He needed no orders to know what to do. He would do what was necessary to make sailing out to sea quick and easy for them, but would not pull the anchor until Pearl gave the order to do so.

Once his other tasks were completed, he prepared the sails, ready to unfurl them and tie them down. He looked over to Pearl, waiting patiently, though inside, he was crawling with anxiety and turmoil.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-27-2007, 09:43 PM

Pearl stepped up on the deck of the Syren's Scream and looked around. Franz was already busying himself with preparations to sail. She inhaled deeply, allowing the smell of the sea to fill her nostrils and her lungs. She loved this so much, and now she was to command the vessel herself. She was more than a little apprehensive about it. She was used to taking orders and being one of the men. She wasn't sure she wanted to be Captain. The situation they were in now, however, called for experience. She knew Franz had it but wasn't sure about Angie Ray. She'd learn. She'd have to. It was in her blood after all.

She ran her fingers along the side of the deck, feeling every splinter and every knot hole in the wood. She loved the sound her new boots made on the wood underneath them.

"Angie Ray", Pearl bellowed as she approached the wheel, even though the girl was not very far from her. It just gave her a kick to do so. "We need ta know where we're going. Franz, hoist the anchor and let's git tha hell outta here."