Vanellope
I'm ADORABLE!

Old 07-14-2010, 03:40 AM

would be nice to have premade blond colors... Im trying to get the blond shown on the pictures and i cant make it lol

<-------------- see with what I have ended?

scholar
yes, really

Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 AM

Hayne, unclick the gradient box and select one of the yellow/orange colors, and that should bring back the old blond.

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 07-14-2010, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
A large number of the complaints came from people who quite literally gave the new system less than a minute of their time before telling everyone how much they hated it. Unsurprisingly people use other peoples views to influence their own, which means when someone outright says they hate something because they don't like change, then they are putting a foul taste in anyone who might be influenced by their word.

So, when someone says something like "I don't want it, I want the old system back" they are complaining, however when they say "this is too complex for me, I'd like some preset colours" they are giving feedback. Immediate negative responses in an announcement has more negative affect on the community accepting the change than just the act of making a post.
I completely agree with that. I simply think the announcement for the presets could have been more tactful.

CK did say-
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Chikuma - if it makes you feel any better, it seemed to me to be more of a good-natured poking than a bitter, irritated comment. But I do know the staff member who made the announcement and their sense of humor a bit better than the average Menewshan. ::shrug::
I do believe that it most likely was not stated that way to be bitter but when using only the written word sometimes humor or even simple playfulness does not come across. It is simply taken as it is written.

Granted I do wish many of the users would also be more tactful in what they say and give input rather than rash complaints. I know the staff works hard to improve this site and always has the users in mind. It's sad that many users do not acknowledge this.

I am grateful though that CK and yourself are so involved that you took time to read what I posted and comment on it. I feel better knowing that the comment was more a good-natured poking than an irritated comment.

Squid
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-14-2010, 04:04 AM

EDIT

Ignore me completely, for my eyes do not work

^ ^;

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 07-14-2010, 04:21 AM

Okay, I admit I was complaining, but I did at the time I was complaining, too. To make myself more clear--

Ever heard that little song that goes, 'make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver, and the other's gold'? That's what I think about this situation. I 'dismissed' the new system because I knew that using it would make it so I could never have the hair colour I love most on mene (it looks exactly like my actual haircolour, and I can't achieve that, now). I would have been more enthusiastic about this awesome and revolutionary (because that's what it is, dur) feature if we could have kept the old buttons and haircolours.
The palettes used to colour the hair now are computer-generated with one hex code input (or two, with the secondary/gradient option). The palettes used for the hair before were made colour-by-colour, and therefore had more variety in tones, just like real hair has (for example, most black hair shines red and/or blue, not just shades of black and white). I'm not a fan of using hair with minimal difference in shades, which in my opinion makes it look grey and washed out, on my avatar. I could spend five plus minutes creating a wonderful and new colour with the gradient option, which nearly fixes the washy-outy and greyness, but... That takes wayy too long to be worth it. >.<
I know I'll probably get better at creating my own hair colours, or I'll become more adept at trolling Cookie's dyed-and-fried thread for other users' creations, but.. Still. The old preset options would be wonderful, along with the new colour sliders.

(proof that the presets now just aren't like what we had before--

the tone outlined in red is what the preset is set to use, and the only colour on the palette that's the same as the original hair ): )

Midian
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-14-2010, 05:59 AM

omg what have you done?! Do you realise how much longer it will take me to make my avis now?!?! D:

Awesomeeeeee!

Twisted Insanity
Fantasmicly Glitterific

Old 07-14-2010, 06:38 AM

I love this. It'll take forever for me to choose a haircolor.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 AM

I cannot find the correct shade of my old hair color. Is there a way to have both the old and new hair color options available?

Image:

Last edited by dragoness129; 07-14-2010 at 07:01 AM..

scholar
yes, really

Old 07-14-2010, 03:58 PM

If you have a Mac, there's a little utility called "Digital Color Meter" that lets you hover over a zoomed-in pixellated portion of the screen, and tells you what the color is in HTML hex codes, which you can then type into the box instead of using the color picker.

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 07-14-2010, 06:32 PM

This is fun! Just used a preset color and adjusted it. Pretty easy, and I ain't the most technically savvy person.

RisikaFox
is bored... Amuse me? ^^

Old 07-14-2010, 09:50 PM

Seeexy. Can't wait to see what cool color combos people come up with. What I'd really like though, is a rainbow option for other hairstyles. xD

EDIT: But I really do like the whole highlight thingee. Might play around with it more when I get around to changing my avvie.

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX
I Will Steal Your Face.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 AM

I like it, but the only problem I have is making gold-tone hair colors. I don't know if you can do that with the new hair color system, but I don't know how.

Okazaki-chan
okazaki-chan
Send a message via MSN to Okazaki-chan

Old 07-15-2010, 03:55 AM

ok wiard

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 07-16-2010, 12:20 AM

hmmmm, awesome sauce. (: Perhaps I'll play with it when there isn't a toddler sitting in my lap. >.>

rhameil
What D:
Send a message via MSN to rhameil

Old 07-17-2010, 09:55 PM

-melts-
This site keeps getting better and better!!!
k'thanks : D

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 07-18-2010, 04:31 PM

I was wondering why just the other day, some girls hair looked weird, lol and I guess this is why!
It definitely helped me get the correct shade of green for my avatar, or darn near close.

ThyFaerieQueen
Chase the Morning, Yeild for Not...

Old 07-18-2010, 06:14 PM

This is... unique and yet....

So many changes, so little time to get used to them...

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-19-2010, 01:45 AM

Ohh mY god this is AWESOME!!!

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 PM

First of all, I want to say I really like this new hair color system. I love that we get so many new colors to play with. I am disappointed though, that we don't have the old colors as well. I can't seem to recreate the old shades with this new system. For example, I notice with the color red that I can't get the shades of red we used to have no matter what. I can't get a deep, rich red. It either comes out as ridiculously bright red, or a duller red. The darker I try to make it, the more dull it looks. It doesn't look like the old red shades we used to have and I find it frustrating since I thought those were really pretty. I noticed that we have a drop down menu of preset colors, which I thought at first were the original colors we had, but when I tried them out, I found that they weren't. It was the same problem with the red shades, they just weren't right. Many of them looked more brown than red, and not at all like the original reds. On inspection of the other colors, I found more inconsistencies. Some of the other colors are very close to the originals we had, but most of them are off, even if by a little. Many by a lot. I miss the old colors and I would just like to have them back in addition to being able to have all these new colors. I think the preset colors should be set to the colors we had before this change.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-20-2010, 01:50 AM

Vickicat: There is a thread in Avatar Chat that's all about how to get hair colors using the new hair system:
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/gaming...or-combos.html

I'm pretty certain the hair color you're after is listed. If it's not, then you could always ask for someone to replicate the hair color for you. They'll be happy to help, I'm sure. :3

Readera
*^_^*

Old 07-20-2010, 05:18 AM

ooh! Soo cool. Thanks so much guys!

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 07-20-2010, 04:33 PM

There have been so many announcements lately, that I totally missed this one.
Then I went to change my hair and discovered it...

Man, it took a lot of tinkering before I finally figured out how to work it, but what fun!

I LOVE this!
But I do agree with those who have suggested that the "Preset" colors in the pulldowns should be the original hair colors.
Then everybody would be happy.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Vickicat: There is a thread in Avatar Chat that's all about how to get hair colors using the new hair system:
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/gaming...or-combos.html

I'm pretty certain the hair color you're after is listed. If it's not, then you could always ask for someone to replicate the hair color for you. They'll be happy to help, I'm sure. :3
Thank you! I see a red shade listed there that looks like what I was looking for. :)