Atollie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Atollie

Old 09-19-2010, 12:29 AM

Oh just find one that has just started recently that you're interested in then read the rules. In the rules it'll either tell you to PM the original poster your character profile or to just post it.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 09-19-2010, 12:31 AM

Atollie gives good advice, thatonegirl, but I'll chime in with this: if a thread title has "open/accepting" in the title it means that the thread can be posted in and that they're accepting new players. :)

thatonegirl
Yeah, I'm emo. So?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:34 AM

Ah, thank you both very much!~ :3

Atollie
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-19-2010, 12:36 AM

You're welcome ^^ I'm happy to help.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 09-19-2010, 12:37 AM

Atollie- If you keep this kind of behaviour up, I might just have to whitelist you, young lady!

thatonegirl- Your donation trade has been sent. In case you don't receive a PM notification about it, you can just click "trades" on the top of the screen and then click "accept this trade".

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 09-19-2010, 12:38 AM

Ooo, what a threat, Crow! What a threat! :XD

Atollie
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-19-2010, 12:39 AM

Hahah that would be lovely (:
Crow please don't get offended you see I've been wondering something. Are you a boy or girl?

Nevermind >>; read your profile.
Reading is a good thing.

Last edited by Atollie; 09-19-2010 at 01:04 AM..

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 09-19-2010, 01:02 AM

Scribbled- I'm just horrible, aren't I?

Atollie- No offense taken. However, my answer might take you by surprise; I'm an androgyne.

Atollie
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-19-2010, 01:12 AM

Oh how very interesting. I completely support and agree with what you posted in that thread. Though just to clearify being an Androgyne is like being gender anonimous?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 09-19-2010, 01:15 AM

The primary way to be androgynous is for people to not be able to tell your gender based on looks alone. Though some people are more 'swing' andrygones where they can look female, male, or neutral and look good/believeable no matter which they choose.

Atollie
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-19-2010, 01:19 AM

I see ^^ so that way people get to know you as you are and not try to fit you into the typical gender steriotypes. Right?

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 09-19-2010, 01:22 AM

Basically. If you feel inclined to browse through the thread you can find other people's opinions, and even some of our real life pictures in there. It's so much easier online then in real life... just be yourself. Hold your morals, your interests, your opinions, and that defines you, not your chromasomes (though it does get awkward when people want to cyber with you or are obviously asking questions about you to try to 'get themselves off'. I try to find the humour in it with the 'I know something you don't know' mindset).

Atollie
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-19-2010, 01:33 AM

Oh my goodness >>; I really think that's like the worst thing ever. Like yuck I hate talking to people who are too sexually forward it frustrates me because like I'm trying to have a converstation with them and they obviously have no propriety. I find myself asking people questions like "Didn't your mother teach you to respect women? or "Didn't your mother teach you any better?" It's like get to know me first and then maybe some day we'll get to that. I feel like if you just go along with it you're making yourself disposible. Like you're giving them what they want and now they don't have to see you as anything more than some internet whore and they don't have to have a decent conversation with you. That's just my opinion though.

I actually had a huge issue with gender steriotyping that still bothers me too this day. Would it be okay to post about it in that thread, or not? Either way I think the thread is filled with some very intelligent people.

EDIT: And I just died because I read something you posted in which you mentioned Mana-(sama). I'm a loltia and I love him because he models as a man and a woman. He is the coolest.

Last edited by Atollie; 09-19-2010 at 01:47 AM..

iiToxicRainbow
Im not always what i seem
Send a message via MSN to iiToxicRainbow

Old 09-19-2010, 09:19 AM

Interesting Conversation going on here,if i may i shall insert my own opinion ^^
To be honest i don't think gender really matters or sexuality ect,I mean does it affect how you talk to them? If your going to talk to them at all? I mean the same goes for real life,But that's just me.. :/ And as for cybering,im just clueless on why they do that to be honest.

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-19-2010, 02:31 PM

I'm going to stick my head out into the noose here and say - I like cybering.

*waits for 'em to tighten the knot before she continues*

For me cybering is a writing exercise first and foremost and secondly something fun I can do with people I already like to have sex with. Or at least making out with. Sometimes the role play requires it, sometimes it's just a fun thing to do with a friend, sometimes the story requires it.

--

On the topic of gender.. I think it matters and to some people it matters a lot, for better or worse. What about a transgendered woman? I think gender and all that's related to it are going to matter a lot to her.

Personally I'm unhappy with my gender but I'uno if it's within my power to change that. I have a more laid back approach to gender performance and, unfortunately, do not have the genetics to back that approach up - my breasts are just way too big, my features are just way too feminine and it would take a lot of work to mask those features and appear male. I might be able to pull off andrygony if I got lucky but it too would just be a performance to me and I don't think gender performance is worth my time. So I buy clothing from both sides of the store and normally end up looking like a butch lesbian right now. (Hells yes to baggy jeans, dock martins and a flannel shirt!) I'm letting my hair grow back out so we'll see what I end up looking like next here in the next couple of months.

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 09-19-2010, 03:21 PM

Hello everyone, Vex is back <3

I was at my friends house last night, so that was why I wasn't on. I forgot my password so couldn't get online of her laptop...fail xD

*butts into previous conversation*

Boy George was considered androgynous, well sort of, his style of dressing was androgynous anyway. I have to say, I have a deep deep love for him. You can not get a better sense of style than Boy George in the Karma Chameleon video *nod*

Also, my mule is a different gender to my main. I love little Coffee, who prances about in his boxers...I'm too cruel to dress him xD

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal

Old 09-19-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atollie View Post
Oh my goodness >>; I really think that's like the worst thing ever. Like yuck I hate talking to people who are too sexually forward it frustrates me because like I'm trying to have a converstation with them and they obviously have no propriety. I find myself asking people questions like "Didn't your mother teach you to respect women? or "Didn't your mother teach you any better?" It's like get to know me first and then maybe some day we'll get to that. I feel like if you just go along with it you're making yourself disposible. Like you're giving them what they want and now they don't have to see you as anything more than some internet whore and they don't have to have a decent conversation with you. That's just my opinion though.

I actually had a huge issue with gender steriotyping that still bothers me too this day. Would it be okay to post about it in that thread, or not? Either way I think the thread is filled with some very intelligent people.

EDIT: And I just died because I read something you posted in which you mentioned Mana-(sama). I'm a loltia and I love him because he models as a man and a woman. He is the coolest.
I don't really like it when people, out of the blue, decide to be sexually forward with me, male or female, online. They dismiss my true personality and intelligence and are looking for some sort of 'cheap thrill'. And yes, Mana-sama is awesome, because I simultaneously want to BE hir and DATE hir. Same thing goes for Brian Molko of Placebo. I find both of them so beautiful. Brian for the more mainstream androgyny (though he did wear dresses back in the day, not so much anymore), and Mana for being able to flip to both sides and come out looking better than me each way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiToxicRainbow View Post
Interesting Conversation going on here,if i may i shall insert my own opinion ^^
To be honest i don't think gender really matters or sexuality ect,I mean does it affect how you talk to them? If your going to talk to them at all? I mean the same goes for real life,But that's just me.. :/ And as for cybering,im just clueless on why they do that to be honest.
I hope this conversation isn't bothersome to you, Toxic. It seems that some spinoff conversation from my Androgynes Hangout has wandered over to my charity. The link is a few posts up if you're interested in seeing my spiel (with pictures, quotes, and songs!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Lore View Post
I'm going to stick my head out into the noose here and say - I like cybering.

*waits for 'em to tighten the knot before she continues*

For me cybering is a writing exercise first and foremost and secondly something fun I can do with people I already like to have sex with. Or at least making out with. Sometimes the role play requires it, sometimes it's just a fun thing to do with a friend, sometimes the story requires it.

--

On the topic of gender.. I think it matters and to some people it matters a lot, for better or worse. What about a transgendered woman? I think gender and all that's related to it are going to matter a lot to her.

Personally I'm unhappy with my gender but I'uno if it's within my power to change that. I have a more laid back approach to gender performance and, unfortunately, do not have the genetics to back that approach up - my breasts are just way too big, my features are just way too feminine and it would take a lot of work to mask those features and appear male. I might be able to pull off andrygony if I got lucky but it too would just be a performance to me and I don't think gender performance is worth my time. So I buy clothing from both sides of the store and normally end up looking like a butch lesbian right now. (Hells yes to baggy jeans, dock martins and a flannel shirt!) I'm letting my hair grow back out so we'll see what I end up looking like next here in the next couple of months.
Scribbled- You strike me as someone more intelligent and loyal to your roleplaying partners than someone who wants the beforementioned 'cheap thrill'. There are people who go down lists of other people not bothering to read their profiles to find out their age or anything about them and just harass you by opening up with "Hey sexy" and such, even though I could look like a cave hermit for all they know.

There's the physical aspect of androgyny and blurring the gender lines and also the mental aspect. You are not the first to lean towards it mentally but have very pronounced physical features. (I'm thinking of briannamal).

I really have come across more than 31 flavours of people who note, wish to, and/or actively do subvert the set gender roles in one way or another, and just because you can't/don't exactly want to go out and get surgery doesn't mean that I don't applaud you. After all, it starts mentally.

In the past I've picked up books and for the first chapter I thought the main character was of the opposite gender of what they actually were. Even with what should have been hints (or bricks to the head). Point in case, the first chapter of The Hunger Games... Katniss, a mere teenager, has been forced to become the head of the household by hunting illegally.

For every male who grows their hair out long and keeps clean shaven; who isn't afraid to confide in friends and share emotions (and even -gasp- cry), I applaud you.

For every female who asserts themself by repairing her own bicycle, car, or a whole building's worth of computers, I applaud you.

I applaud pretty much anyone who is willing to 'upset the fruits basket'. :yes:

Last edited by The_Crow; 09-19-2010 at 03:30 PM..

iiToxicRainbow

Old 09-19-2010, 05:12 PM

Crow~Yeah such an intelligent conversation on a subject that frankly i know nothing about XDD Ahh well, i visited your thread.Looks pretty spiffy if you ask me ^^ Only i cant listen to the sound due to my countries copyright grounds or somthing like that ^^

Last edited by iiToxicRainbow; 09-19-2010 at 05:16 PM..

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 09-19-2010, 05:12 PM

*doesn't know where to chip in*

iiToxicRainbow

Old 09-19-2010, 05:20 PM

Hello Vex! =P How are you today?

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM

Hey Toxic =)

I'm doing fairly well thanks. And you?

iiToxicRainbow

Old 09-19-2010, 05:33 PM

Im doing ok,a little tired but other than that im ok ^^

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 09-19-2010, 05:48 PM

I need to get some art done. And homework. I really can't be bothered though. Lazyness is killer xD

iiToxicRainbow

Old 09-19-2010, 05:57 PM

Lol i know what you mean XDD I have math homework but i really cant be bothered,math hurts my brain XDD

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 09-19-2010, 06:27 PM

Ah, I don't have any math homework, just English and Geography. English homework is fine though, just reading Act 1 & 2 of The Crucible, which is a very interesting play I must say, so I can do that later tonight, cuddled up with a nice cup of tea. Geography is last period tomorrow, so I can muddle through that at lunch :)