fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 PM

Ahh! Save at least 1 for me!! I'm going to go grab my OC

---------- Post added 10-27-2013 at 03:31 PM ----------

Let me know what you think :D

Maria
(inspired by my looks, personality, life and characteristics)

Age 18
Hair ~ (long) Brown hair with natural highlights of blonde, red, black, and another shade of brown that you can see when the sun hits it
Green eyes
Caucasian skin
Body type ~ Curvy - D36 bra size, small waist
120 weight
Height 5'2
Tarus (ignore the "aries" sign in the picture)

descriptionX

Maria has had a hard life. She was abused by her biological father when she was younger and has had to watch her single mother struggle financially.
She is outgoing and positive in spite of everything she's been through. Her motto is why dwell on something you can't fix and feel sorry for yourself when you can strive to make your tomorrow better? She finds it easy to talk to those older than her but struggles when it comes to those her age or men she finds attractive, as she feels she is always being judged and looked down upon. She is insecure and self conscious about her looks because she feels she is plain compared to the teeny bopper girls she's surrounded by. In reality she is gorgeous and more real than any of the other girls.
She puts her heart on the line when it comes to love and has been hurt by more than one guy who she thought she could trust. She has spent her life trying to impress guys....now she's ready for a guy to impress her. She believes that looks aren't everything
Maria is polite, smart, mature, courageous, outgoing, funny, charming, loyal and faithful

Clothing: this jacket (dress thing) in a dark purple, black sheer tights, these furry boots in white, white headband

Preferably I'd like her to be in a winter setting with snow lightly falling and where you can see her breath like this picture Omi drew for Neller?

It doesn't need to be in the same pose or anything. I just think it's cool how you can see her breath.
Depending on the pose you draw maybe she could be drinking hot chocolate?

Here are more pictures of the jacket
#1 #2 #3

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-27-2013, 07:32 PM

Wow... very enthusiastic person...

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 10-27-2013, 07:32 PM

If you don't want to do winter themes, or if its too complicated, I understand. Just let me know :)

---------- Post added 10-27-2013 at 03:36 PM ----------

Oh, and I just listed her full outfit because I pasted the request. I know you're doing headshots :)

---------- Post added 10-27-2013 at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
Wow... very enthusiastic person...
Lina is amazing!

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-27-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I meant in general, have you done any art these few months. XD Not for the event.
I don't like math. But strangely, I like to watch numb3rs, the crime show that show how maths help in crime solving. THAT interest me to learn and understand math. Pity the maths involve are rather advance.
Yeah, I sketch mostly! I try to draw at least once a day. Gotta keep fresh..somehow.

Ahh I love that show! I've only seen a few episodes but my highschool math teacher let us watch it after finals. XD It was really interesting. Yeah, I do remember not understanding a thing they were doing when they explained math things haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireprincess View Post
Ahh! Save at least 1 for me!! I'm going to go grab my OC

SPOILERX

---------- Post added 10-27-2013 at 03:31 PM ----------

SPOILERX

Let me know what you think :D

Maria
(inspired by my looks, personality, life and characteristics)

Age 18
Hair ~ (long) Brown hair with natural highlights of blonde, red, black, and another shade of brown that you can see when the sun hits it
Green eyes
Caucasian skin
Body type ~ Curvy - D36 bra size, small waist
120 weight
Height 5'2
Tarus (ignore the "aries" sign in the picture)

descriptionX

Maria has had a hard life. She was abused by her biological father when she was younger and has had to watch her single mother struggle financially.
She is outgoing and positive in spite of everything she's been through. Her motto is why dwell on something you can't fix and feel sorry for yourself when you can strive to make your tomorrow better? She finds it easy to talk to those older than her but struggles when it comes to those her age or men she finds attractive, as she feels she is always being judged and looked down upon. She is insecure and self conscious about her looks because she feels she is plain compared to the teeny bopper girls she's surrounded by. In reality she is gorgeous and more real than any of the other girls.
She puts her heart on the line when it comes to love and has been hurt by more than one guy who she thought she could trust. She has spent her life trying to impress guys....now she's ready for a guy to impress her. She believes that looks aren't everything
Maria is polite, smart, mature, courageous, outgoing, funny, charming, loyal and faithful

Clothing: this jacket (dress thing) in a dark purple, black sheer tights, these furry boots in white, white headband

Preferably I'd like her to be in a winter setting with snow lightly falling and where you can see her breath like this picture Omi drew for Neller?

It doesn't need to be in the same pose or anything. I just think it's cool how you can see her breath.
Depending on the pose you draw maybe she could be drinking hot chocolate?

Here are more pictures of the jacket
#1 #2 #3
What a cutie! I will try to draw her :)

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-27-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Study the animals in terms of their... different species and families? and their habitats? culture and habits?
Everything. lol We have to learn everything. @__@;; Its exhausting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
That seems like a really fascinating degree, Su. I really do like natural history and all that.
Yeah, I still haven't gotten into it too much. The classes for it directly will be in these last two semesters. I'm taking Invert zoology right now, and that class sucks. It's pretty interesting and everything, but the teacher is just awful. All my other classes are just weird pre-reqs I have for my major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linapoo View Post
omg congrats!! So close!
I'm a biology major right now...5th semester! 3 more to go XD; (maybe)
but I've been dabbling in other classes >_> Was thinking of changing...
What do you plan to do with that? :DDD
Thank you! I'm so excited to be dooone! xP I really hope that I'm able to get through and pass all my classes, otherwise I'll be extended another semester :(

Congrats to you, too! What's your focus right now? Dude, it so did not take me 8 semesters to finish school @__@;; that stuff is bull. Well, depending on where you are from. Apparently it's really rather easy to get a degree in just a few years in other countries, but in America the 4-year thing is a load of bull. Unless you're capping out your unit max every semester and spending every aching moment of your life on it, without working at the same time. Especially in biology. D:

Ooh, what would you change it to? I was thinking about going to the community college for a handful of art classes after I get my BS here. You are so good at art that it may be worth looking getting a minor.

I'm not too sure yet what I'll do with it. I think that I'll make that decision once I get further into the actual classes for it and starting having to do all my senior and graduating stuff for it. Then maybe I'll find my niche. I would really love to work with endangered animals. What are you planning to do with your major?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-27-2013, 07:51 PM

Suonana. Well. ENJOY IT!

Linana... although it is too advance for me to understand in terms of the math part. But I understand the logic behind it. I felt that is a better way to understand math.
As in, instead of stuffing us down with formular... better to know WHY we are finding these angles. Why we have to find the value of abc. The context.

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-27-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Thank you! I'm so excited to be dooone! xP I really hope that I'm able to get through and pass all my classes, otherwise I'll be extended another semester :(

Congrats to you, too! What's your focus right now? Dude, it so did not take me 8 semesters to finish school @__@;; that stuff is bull. Well, depending on where you are from. Apparently it's really rather easy to get a degree in just a few years in other countries, but in America the 4-year thing is a load of bull. Unless you're capping out your unit max every semester and spending every aching moment of your life on it, without working at the same time. Especially in biology. D:

Ooh, what would you change it to? I was thinking about going to the community college for a handful of art classes after I get my BS here. You are so good at art that it may be worth looking getting a minor.

I'm not too sure yet what I'll do with it. I think that I'll make that decision once I get further into the actual classes for it and starting having to do all my senior and graduating stuff for it. Then maybe I'll find my niche. I would really love to work with endangered animals. What are you planning to do with your major?
Do your best! :) Because who wants to stay in school another semester? T_T

I don't even know what my focus is. Haha. I was going for pre-med but that slowly went downhill. And yes, I can sooo see that! But I feel like a lot of students are gunning it here and pushing all they can in one semester. It's pretty ballsy if you ask me! How can they juggle so much work? D: I know my friend has been doing at least 18 hours each semester so she can graduate early ahah. And summer classes too...

Yeah, I was thinking maybe something with art but I feel like I don't really belong though? I only really draw anime lol and it's just a hobby. A wonderful, loving hobby but I don't think I will be able to enjoy myself, you know? XD Also, it's really hard to find a job. But I heard after the babyboomers retire in the art industry, sooo many jobs may be available. Though I'm not so positive about it. I only heard about it once from one of my professors. I was thinking of making biology a minor instead and doing some other type of major. I mean sure, I'll stay in school a year or two longer but I'll at least be satisfied with myself if I choose the right major to do XD ..just a matter of finding what I want to do with my life. Maybe something art related but not me focusing on art itself? Like art administration? Idk...LIFE IS HARD TO THINK ABOUT! XDD

Hopefully! I think usually people find what they want to do in their field after they graduate so I think you will be able to find it like you said. Omg, senior stuff. Sounds so scary..even though it's so close. T_T I can't believe I've already been so long in college. Omg that would be awesome. I hope you can do what you feel best about. :D If I were to graduate with biology, I might just go to graduate school and find something there and specialize. I really like the ocean and marine life so maybe something like that? But I don't live within 600 miles near one lol.

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 10-27-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I sketch mostly! I try to draw at least once a day. Gotta keep fresh..somehow.

Ahh I love that show! I've only seen a few episodes but my highschool math teacher let us watch it after finals. XD It was really interesting. Yeah, I do remember not understanding a thing they were doing when they explained math things haha.

What a cutie! I will try to draw her :)
Yay!!! Thank you!
Let me know what you'd like as payment :)

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Linana... although it is too advance for me to understand in terms of the math part. But I understand the logic behind it. I felt that is a better way to understand math.
As in, instead of stuffing us down with formular... better to know WHY we are finding these angles. Why we have to find the value of abc. The context.
Yes, I agree! I learn better when I have all of the pieces lined up so I can fully understand why this is used and why this answer makes sense. But, I just don't think students these days have the time or patience to question. XD They just want to finish and go! Hahah. Especially when it's just an elective class.

---------- Post added 10-27-2013 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireprincess View Post
Yay!!! Thank you!
Let me know what you'd like as payment :)
Oh, I think the links are broken for the clothing? I just now noticed..XD
You can just link me to the website itself if hotlinking won't work.

Hmm you can pay me however you like! Surprise me? -shot- Hahah
I am not picky really...! I just don't know how to price my art -lazy way out-

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-27-2013, 08:07 PM

Linana still in school?
If I can, I don't mind being in school forever.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-27-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Suonana. Well. ENJOY IT!
lol Yeah, it's just really rough. I'm working at the same time now, too, and that's really difficult to juggle.

Quote:
Do your best! :) Because who wants to stay in school another semester? T_T

I don't even know what my focus is. Haha. I was going for pre-med but that slowly went downhill. And yes, I can sooo see that! But I feel like a lot of students are gunning it here and pushing all they can in one semester. It's pretty ballsy if you ask me! How can they juggle so much work? D: I know my friend has been doing at least 18 hours each semester so she can graduate early ahah. And summer classes too...

Yeah, I was thinking maybe something with art but I feel like I don't really belong though? I only really draw anime lol and it's just a hobby. A wonderful, loving hobby but I don't think I will be able to enjoy myself, you know? XD Also, it's really hard to find a job. But I heard after the babyboomers retire in the art industry, sooo many jobs may be available. Though I'm not so positive about it. I only heard about it once from one of my professors. I was thinking of making biology a minor instead and doing some other type of major. I mean sure, I'll stay in school a year or two longer but I'll at least be satisfied with myself if I choose the right major to do XD ..just a matter of finding what I want to do with my life. Maybe something art related but not me focusing on art itself? Like art administration? Idk...LIFE IS HARD TO THINK ABOUT! XDD

Hopefully! I think usually people find what they want to do in their field after they graduate so I think you will be able to find it like you said. Omg, senior stuff. Sounds so scary..even though it's so close. T_T I can't believe I've already been so long in college. Omg that would be awesome. I hope you can do what you feel best about. :D If I were to graduate with biology, I might just go to graduate school and find something there and specialize. I really like the ocean and marine life so maybe something like that? But I don't live within 600 miles near one lol.
I know! T^T I'm doing really bad in one class this semester, because I'm working nights and have near to no free time to keep up in all my classes, and she's just an insane teacher. She's so terrible, and the majority of the class is failing. But I need to at least get a C, because I don't want to get behind, let alone have to take it again!! @___@;;

Idk. I know some people that do that, but I can't. Especially while working. Science classes are full-time. Is she a science major? Last semester I had 17 units, and the one before I did 16, but that was without a job at the same time, and I got through them pretty well. A's and B's and a C. I'm taking 14 units this semester and it's killing me with work at the same time.

You could always take art classes that could expand your art interest. Maybe try painting or realism. I'm not the best at anime-type things, but I really enjoy realism. I was thinking about getting a minor or at least taking some classes that'd teach me pointers on shading and maybe painting, because then perhaps I can do art on the side as a hobby. :) If I work with animals, then maybe I can learn to paint/draw them, too.

Yeah, I'd explore what other areas interest you. For me, I love so many things, so it's hard to choose only one, but I have wanted to work with animals my whole life, and I couldn't truly imagine it any other way. How many GE classes have you burned through?

If it came down to it, you could always change colleges. My school is right on the ocean, so we have an amazing marine program here. I'm in an invert zoology class, and it's right on the ocean and we have live animals every lab. We even went out on a "field trip" Thursday on a pontoon boat and got to get the animals first hand. If that's something you really enjoy, you should definitely consider it. You want to find a career that you'll be truly happy in :)

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-27-2013, 08:21 PM

Wow you people crushing me down with the wall of text!

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-27-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Linana still in school?
If I can, I don't mind being in school forever.
Yep I'm still in school. ;_;
Oh, that's good for you then! :D Learning is greatness.
I just have no motivation. Sad...

Gives you rope to climb wall of text ;v;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
I know! T^T I'm doing really bad in one class this semester, because I'm working nights and have near to no free time to keep up in all my classes, and she's just an insane teacher. She's so terrible, and the majority of the class is failing. But I need to at least get a C, because I don't want to get behind, let alone have to take it again!! @___@;;

Idk. I know some people that do that, but I can't. Especially while working. Science classes are full-time. Is she a science major? Last semester I had 17 units, and the one before I did 16, but that was without a job at the same time, and I got through them pretty well. A's and B's and a C. I'm taking 14 units this semester and it's killing me with work at the same time.

You could always take art classes that could expand your art interest. Maybe try painting or realism. I'm not the best at anime-type things, but I really enjoy realism. I was thinking about getting a minor or at least taking some classes that'd teach me pointers on shading and maybe painting, because then perhaps I can do art on the side as a hobby. :) If I work with animals, then maybe I can learn to paint/draw them, too.

Yeah, I'd explore what other areas interest you. For me, I love so many things, so it's hard to choose only one, but I have wanted to work with animals my whole life, and I couldn't truly imagine it any other way. How many GE classes have you burned through?

If it came down to it, you could always change colleges. My school is right on the ocean, so we have an amazing marine program here. I'm in an invert zoology class, and it's right on the ocean and we have live animals every lab. We even went out on a "field trip" Thursday on a pontoon boat and got to get the animals first hand. If that's something you really enjoy, you should definitely consider it. You want to find a career that you'll be truly happy in :)
Yeah! Been there so many times...Hope you can manage. ;M; It's kind of amazing when you get a better grade than you wanted though. Miracles do happen haha.

She was a chemistry major, but now she is a psychology major. She is on pre-med though! But I think she finished all her chemistry/biology classes last semester. Yeah, work reallllly kills your time. D8 Especially if you NEED it! I don't really need a job but I'd like to help my mom out since she is kind of tight right now...I feel guilty too. XD I just don't know man..people can be amazing at time management! I was taking 16 hours this semester but nope, that elective art class was killing me. I had to drop it. I know only have 13, but I have 2 4 hour classes and 1 5 hour class. And the work load is killer... Ughh.

I was thinking so too! But I think I will like it better if I expand on those things in my own time rather than a class. But yeah! You should go for it! 8D I did have a phase were I just wanted to do realism but that faded quickly. Hahaha. Animals are hard to draw, but rewarding in the end. :DDD

I've almost finished all of the GE classes. I think I have maybe a few more hours to do? But slowly running out of time to choose what I really want. XD; Yeah, changing is always an option. I think at that point though, I might have to take out student loans. I don't think my mom would want to keep funding me forever. XD But everyone has to. We will see! I think what really is the problem for me is motivation to do well in class. I just don't see a point right now to spend my time doing these things..so I'm doing pretty terrible in class lol. But I think once I find what I want, I will be able to go at it all the way.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-27-2013, 08:39 PM

How long have Linana been in higher education?
I spent like... 3 years for diploma. and 5 years for bachelor.

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-27-2013, 08:45 PM

I've only been in college for 2 years now. 8D Feels like forever and yet it feels like it's flying too fast..haha. Strange.
Oh! What is your study? :D

I think I am going to head off and do my lab report and study some. See you all later ;u; <3

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-27-2013, 08:48 PM

Wait what? Did I miss art sketch slots while doing homework?

edit: If I didn't Lina! D: Can I have a slot? When I get home later today I can give you some reference pictures. Not sure if I have them in my photobucket but I can check [nod]

Last edited by PrincessKasumi; 10-27-2013 at 08:51 PM..

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-27-2013, 08:51 PM

Linana sounds so YOUNG! :< *jealous*
I studied Architorture.

fireprincess

Penpal

Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 PM

That's so weird! I guess the website shut down....
I'll have to see if I can find it in my iPod when I get home

---------- Post added 10-27-2013 at 05:55 PM ----------

I have a couple of pieces of art with the jacket until I can look on my iPod. It's purple with a black tutu peeking out of the bottom (so the coat poofs out at the bottom from the tutu)
1 and 2

I WILL be trying to find the actual picture though XD

---------- Post added 10-27-2013 at 05:58 PM ----------

I found a new website!!!!
It's the coat on here but I like it purple
Elegant Gothic Double Breasted Gauze Trimming Coat

Last edited by fireprincess; 10-27-2013 at 10:17 PM..

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-28-2013, 12:10 AM

@ lina - That's exactly it! My parents are helping me pay for school and my apartment, and I just felt so bad and I know they're tight on money, so that's why I got a job. It goes towards my gas and food, and a little goes into helping with the rent when I can.

You say by hours. Does that mean how many class hours you attend in a week? If that's the case, then I have 20 hours a week I have for classes, and then work as well.

Are you going to a university or a community college while you do your GE? I did all my GE at the community college, and it is unbelievably cheaper. Like OMG cheaper. It's the best way to save on money while getting your GE done, because they really aren't necessary to take at a university. It makes no difference to take them at a community college and then transfer. You just make sure to take transferrable classes and check with the uni you want to transfer to and how they go together. It saved my parents so much money for me to do it that way.

I guess I'm just a nerd. lol xP I spend all my spare time doing schoolwork, basically. I have no social life. And little bit of side time I have I spend on the phone with my bf or skyping him.

Hadsvich
Maneki Neko Beckons

Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 01:15 AM

Could I get a slot linapoo? > u<
I was thinking maybe Arai since succubi make me think of halloween~
Or maybe Malakai since he's a sort of ghost/phantom, at least he can phase through things~
o uo
I've always wanted art of him phasing through walls or a furniture. x'3
I'll offer the first event item? o:

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-28-2013, 01:40 AM

@ Buubutt - asdffnggg /rolls around in egg roll formmm. Q__________Q;;;

Ahmergawhhh we're having a ghost game. :333

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 10-28-2013, 02:03 AM

Ooh, I'd like to play the game. Though, I've just about done myself in with ghost stuff lately. Had to sleep with the lights on at one point >.>

Risque
bing chilling

Old 10-28-2013, 02:18 AM

I like your art. :3 Could I get something like sample #2 for 1 of the newest CIs?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-28-2013, 04:10 AM

How to play a ghost game?

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 10-28-2013, 08:59 AM

*too lazy to look into details of game*