Noodli
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Noodli Send a message via Yahoo to Noodli

Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 AM

"How To Save A Life"

Pairing: Friendship based 2D/Noodle
------------------------------------------------------

Noodle paced around the living room of the vast Kong Studios waiting for her companion, 2D who she had summoned to meet her there at this hour through a note she had left on his nightstand while he slept. She had a lot on her mind, but her main focus was to talk to him. It was urgent; she needed to consort with him soon before he became unreachable. She sat on the simple couch for another five minutes until he appeared out of the elevator lazily with eyes half-lidded. “Did he just wake-up?” She thought.

She scooted to the edge of the couch, making room for him.

Step one you say we need to talk
He walks you say sit down it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
And you begin to wonder why you came

Noodle had 2D sit next to her, and he stared back at her confused with a smile that he usually wore around her. She returned the smile weakly, knowing what her purpose was for him be here with her. After exchanging ‘hellos’ the two sat there for a moment in awkward silence that began to consume Noodle’s comfort and confidence whole.

She tried to think of what to say in her head listing all the outcomes that could be possibly conceived. She feared of his reaction, as well as she blamed herself.

Finally, she opened her mouth to let her feelings out. “2D…” She began, regaining his attention she was losing. “2D…is there some that is going on that you want to talk about?” She finally broke out. At this moment, 2D’s expression glazed over with guilt and anger.

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

“Wot do ya’ mean?” He played off loosely. “You can tell me anything, 2D.” she tried to reassure. 2D sighed. “Nothin’ is wrong, I swear.” 2D answered sharply. Noodle inhaled.

“That’s not true…” She trailed off. 2D’s soulless eyes darted to away from her. “There are so many things that haven’t been the same.” Noodle choked away the lump that was beginning to swell in her throat.

Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God he hears you

“You, have been hardly eating, you only come out of your room about four times a week, and when you do, you always get more drugs and medicine!” Noodle shot off scratchy, with her tears not being able to retain themselves any longer. 2D just stared at her with a frightened expression, eyes widened, with a gaping mouth. Noodle began to sob and choke to stop herself from being so overwhelmed, to try stay strong enough explain why this bothered her.

“Why do you care!?” 2D almost shouted back at her. Noodle became frightened now, and felt like she should never have brought it up. “It’s none of yo’ business wot I do Noodle, so keep your little jap nose out of it!” He gritted with a harsh tone. “I’m just not the same, just leave me alone!”

Noodle wanted to scream out but she had controlled herself. “Fine, Go ahead and ruin your life see if I care.” Noodle said calmly as she quickly ran into the elevator and pushed the floor buttons to the floor of her room. 2D immediately regretting what he had just done, 2D got up and ran after her, just to have the elevator doors slam shut in his face.

As he begins to raise his voice
You lower yours and grant him one last choice
Drive until you lose the road
Or break with the ones you've followed
He will do one of two things
He will admit to everything
Or he'll say he's just not the same
And you'll begin to wonder why you came

“Why did I even bother?” Noodle asked herself in the elevator. She finally got to her room, and packed her stuff into boxes. “If he’s just going to let himself die, I’m not sticking around to see it” She sobbed to herself. She stayed up there about an hour, finishing packing, and then she called Russel on her cellphone. “Russel, can you please take the boxes I left in my room to the Windmill? Please, just tell everyone I’m going to stay there for a bit.” Noodle said, and then began to head downstairs to catch the cab that waited for her outside, which she called earlier. She saw 2D waiting for her outside her room. He opened his mouth to try to say something, but she just brushed past against him, without saying a word or even glancing back. He sat by the window and watched as she climbed into the cab with two black suitcases in hand, and drive off, Away from the place, away from him.

2D trailed back down to his own room, and brushed off the tears that rolled off his cheeks. He let his addiction to the very medicine that kept him alive get in the way of what really mattered the most: the very person he cared about most in his life.

He opened his door to his room and saw a pink piece of paper on his nightstand.

2D,

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend,
somewhere along in the bitterness.
And I would have stayed up with you all night,
Had I known how to save a life.

-Noodle.