Noodli
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Noodli Send a message via Yahoo to Noodli

Old 02-22-2008, 01:10 AM

A oneshot I wrote Recently. It's based on a Song called "Light My Candle." From the musical/ rock opera, RENT.

Pairing: 2DXNoodle

Disclaimer: I do not own Gorillaz or RENT. â˜ș

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Ha! I beat you again!” Noodle taunted as she jumped around on 2D’s bed. She didn’t know this had caused her red gemstone hair clip to fall out of her hair. 2D whimpered and said a ‘No fair’ but requested another rematch anyway. Noodle shook her head. “Nah, I’m going to quit for now, 2D.”
“Oh
okay.” He said. Noodle then left the room to go back up stairs to her own that had been recently rebuilt. She made it up to her floor until the power went out. “Either Murdoc forget to pay the bill again or a zombie get to the fuse box.” She sighed. She then entered her room to look for a flashlight or a candle at least. Although, she could just go to bed, but she wasn’t tired even though it was near after eleven p.m. last time she checked. She could even hear Russel snoring from a few doors down. She was still rustling around in her dark room until by her bedside, or at least what she though to be her bedside, she felt a wick. “Ah, a candle.” She thought to herself, “Now to look for a lighter...” She searched around her bedroom but she couldn’t find one. Then she distinctly remembered that 2D had lighter near his nightstand by a picture. That meant she had to travel back down there. This could also meant she got to spend some time with 2D by candlelight. After returning from her trip to Maldives, she was disappointed and sad that their relationship hadn’t took a dramatic change that she hoped for. After all, she had a huge thing for 2D that she denied to herself all the time.

Sighing, Noodle closed her bedroom door and went down the corridor to a door that led to the stairs. She just hoped she didn’t run into any zombies along the way.

Somehow she went through the few flights of stairs, finally reaching the carpark.

Then she began to shiver. Not from fear, but she just began to become cold. Luckily, she could see the carpark because Murdoc’s Winnebago still had light. She edged to the door that led to the stairway that led to 2D’s room. Finally she knocked on 2D’s door. She could hear him inside complaining about stupid zombies.

“2D! It’s Noodle!” she shouted. Then after dead bolting, unlocking and opening, she was given access into his room.

“Did ya forget somethin’?” he asked, trying to pull her face to through the darkness. Noodle traced her hand through her hair she noticed her clip was missing. “I don’t think so
” She said. Then she noticed the candle in her hand. “Got a light?” she asked.

“Yeah
” 2D said, then he picked the lighter from his nightstand. After lit he saw that she looked quite cold. “Are yeh okay? Yeh shiverin’” he asked. Noodle shook her head.

“It’s nothing, just a little chilly since the there is no heat, and I’m just a little weak on my feet.” After placing her candle in a safe place, she sat on his bed and her smiling face began to glow with the candlelight. 2D gazed at her like this, and a faint memory began to haunt him, of a night once like this, of Paula and him alone with candlelight. “What are you staring at?” Noodle asked. “Nothin’ you in the candlelight, it reminded me of an old memory.” He said. “Are yeh okay?”

“Yeah...Anyway, What was it?” Noodle questioned. “Nothin’ when you smiled yeh just reminded me of someone.” He answered. “I always remind people of someone
who is she?” she asked. “It was my vision of Paula before she cheated.” He answered, defeated. Noodle discreetly blew out the candle, just to spend more time with 2D. “It’s out again, sorry about that, will you please light my candle?” Noodle asked. 2D lights the candle in Noodle’s hand again, and then begins to linger awkwardly around the room. “It’s Dripping!” Noodle said excitedly, still holding the candle. “I like the wax between my...” she began. “Fingers?” 2D finished. “Sure.” Noodle said. “Well then, I hope it stays lit, goodnight.” 2D stated, scratching his head not sure what was going on and why he couldn’t take his eyes off of Noodle. She began to turn to leave, but she had other plans. Placing the candle on his nightstand, she got on all fours and began to look for her hair clip. 2D stared at her as she did, wondering what the heck she was doing, nearly crawling on his floor, with her bottom stuck in the air. “You know, I used to wonder what yeh did when you were chillin’ out at the Maldives, I hope yeh weren’t doin’ too much with your new friends.” Noodle turned and looked up at him.

“What do you mean?” she asked. “Nevermin’ wot are yeh lookin’ for?” he wondered.

“My hair clip, I had it on earlier, it was red.” She answered. “I fink it I saw it on the bed.”

Noodle gets up and starts crawling all over his bed, this caused 2D to stare even more.

Noodle looked back at 2D and noticed this. “All my friends used to say I had the best ass, is it true?” Noodle demurely asked. “Wot?” 2D answered, a bit shocked about that statement. “You’re staring again.” 2D scratched his head and looked away. “Oh no
Uh I mean
yeh do have a nice...nevermin’” he murmured. Noodle giggled. She wondered what else she could trick him into saying. Noodle doused her flame again. “We could light the candle
Oh will you light the candle?” she almost sung. 2D lit the candle again not sure what was going was right or not, yet he was kind of enjoying this side of Noodle.

“Why are yeh makin’ me admit this stuff, you’re like, sixteen.” 2D pondered out loud.

“I’m Nineteen.” Noodle defensively hissed. 2D almost smacked himself right then and there. “Are yeh still cold?” he asked. Noodle nodded. “Yes, so please don’t make me go back yet.” Noodle then lied down on his bed. “Why don’t yeh want to go?” He asked.

“The candle might go out before I get there
and being around you makes me
” she trailed off, and she sat up again. “Makes yeh what?” he asked, coming closer to her.

“Feel Good.” She answered. 2D then sees a shiny object near the nightstand, realizes it was Noodle’s missing hairclip and puts it in his back pocket to buy some time. “What was that?” Noodle asked. “Uh
just a coin.” He lied, as he discreetly doused the candle.

“What happened to the candle?” Noodle asks, pretending she didn’t see him do it.

“Must of blew out, do yeh want me to light it?” 2D questions, fumbling with the lighter, then accidentally loss hold of it. “Damn.” He spits out, beginning to look around.

“It’s okay, I’m beginning to like the darkness more.” Noodle reaches out and catches 2D’s hands. “Cold hands.” He said. “Yours too
your hands are big...like Russel’s.” She replied. “You want to
dance?” Noodle asked almost shyly. “Wit Yeh?” 2D asked dumbly. “No
with Russel.” She replied playfully. “I’ll be glad to.” He said, equally playful. “Too bad
he’s asleep so I guess you’ll have to settle for me.” The two blindly linger across 2D’s room until both fall onto 2D’s bed. Noodle giggles then turns to look at 2D. All of a sudden the power turns back on. The two blink and try to get their eyes readjusted. Noodle then gets extremely close to 2D, as if to give him a kiss, and then she pulls her hair clip from his back pocket and waves it in his face. “Ha, I won again.” She taunts.

“Nuh-uh.” 2D says. He then lightly gives her a kiss on the lips leaving her wide-eyed and blushing. “I win.” He smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heh...So did you like it or Hate it? Criticism is loved and taken seriously. THANKS FOR READING!!! ♄