Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 03-17-2007, 05:56 PM

• Well, I've only watched it because of my brother, and it seems boring..
    but maybe after awhile of watching it, I might like it better, since my brother likes watching it!
    But it seems like Avatar is on all the time. >.<

Darkie
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 03-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaming-Scorpion
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyvan
Yeahh~
The plot is really nice, but the voice actors really bring it to life! And they're SO YOUNG :shock: It's really amazing, to me. xD
Such talent~~ ;n;

oh no!!! i just heard that the voice of iroh died and he had to get replaced ;_; :cry:

I think you can hear the new Iroh here...
http://www.nick.com/avatarshort/ Password is Koh.
It says the name at the end of the clip in the credits. XD
I love Avatar! When I saw it before, I was like "Ew, Nick's trying to copy anime style?" DX Turns out I was so wrong. XP My sister dragged me into it. (She's 10)
Can't wait till the last season... ><
I still believe Zuko is good! D:
XD

Cerena
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2007, 08:03 PM

Haha, I love Avatar. The fact that it's so kid-friendly actually makes me enjoy the show more, knowing that it's accessible to all sorts of people. I agree that sometimes the romance can be kind of ehhh and stilted (most noticably with Yue, wherein Sokka was grieving and the very next episode they all went on acting as if nothing had happened? ALSO: I HATE AANG/KATARA WITH A PASSION, AND A CAVE OF TWO LOVERS MADE ME MAD. >L)

It's nice that the only relationship the creators will own up to solidly supporting is Momo/Appa though. XD

I love the variety of characters the most, and the way they all intersect and interact with one another -- Uncle Iroh with Toph, for example, an unholy alliance I don't think anyone was expecting. The amount of depth into establishing the cultures, fighting styles, art, and mindsets of each of the Four Nations is staggering as well. I don't think people even notice that the whole Water/Fire/Earth/Air theme is SO OVERDONE because it just works in this show.

Nekuyo
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Nekuyo Send a message via Yahoo to Nekuyo

Old 03-21-2007, 10:40 AM

Even my MOM likes Avatar (well, as much as she likes any TV show) now THAT is saying something.

Avatar is such a cool series, too bad we got out cable turned off before the start of the 3rd season :cry:

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Hmmm actually can anyone tell me if the next season has started? I watch Avatar but I don't really keep up with it on current schedule. (So my timeline is a little messed but because I don't watch in order too much. >.>)

mesic
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mesic

Old 03-21-2007, 11:29 PM

I got shamefully hooked on that show because two of my classes began at five last semester, and it was always on in the student lounge right before class. Some high-and-mighty jerk moved to change the channel once, saying that the show was "stupid", and a dozen irate college students hissed him away from the television.

I still catch it when I can, but I really want to buy the DVD of the first season so I know I'm not missing anything.
The humor is lighthearted and cute, but then ANIMATION... it blows me away. I liked seeing the comparisons between the actual martial arts poses and the translations to bending! WOW, those artists... all I can say is: Fantastic!

It might be childish, but I still laugh hysterically whenever my sister yells "Look! ...That lemur is earthbending!" x3

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 PM

I like it ^^ I't refreshing and change from lots of other anime ^^ I only saw the first book though.

Colours
so cool it's disarming

Old 03-23-2007, 02:45 AM

I am hooked on it totally 100%. I will become vicious in order not to miss any newly aired episodes. AND my dad loves to watch it too. ;D YAY.

I got some of my friends hooked on it, which makes it a plus! More people to talk to about it! <3

P o i P o i i i
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Aang is so cool in "avatar" mode

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Oh, I love Avatar! I got hooked on it because a few of my friends on LJ kept raving about it. I'd always seen it on while flipping through the channels, but never bothered to watch. But finally, one day I did and my friends were right - it was great! I think the first episode I saw was the one where they were in the underground library. So I became a devoted watcher after that and was able to go back and catch up on all the episodes I missed online. So now, I'm excited about the next book, but when does it start? I hope I've not missed it yet! I thought it was supposed to be sometime in March...

Favorite characters are definitely Sokka and Toph. Their sarcasm just wins it all for me. And Iroh! He's so loveable! I'm intrigued by Zuko too and just hate the decision he made at the end of book 2! I'm anxious to see more of the dynamics between him and Aang and Katara, especially.

And yeah - I totally want to do some fanart sometime!

Colours
so cool it's disarming

Old 03-26-2007, 10:45 PM

I used to be this big obsessive fan at an Avatar forum. HOMG.
Then the place died a little and was revived when it shut down. Dx Then noobs filled the place and scared me away. LOL

I can't wait for the new episode! Nickelodeon is KILLING ME. [tear]

P o i P o i i i
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colours
I used to be this big obsessive fan at an Avatar forum. HOMG.
Then the place died a little and was revived when it shut down. Dx Then noobs filled the place and scared me away. LOL

I can't wait for the new episode! Nickelodeon is KILLING ME. [tear]
YES!

Zuuko (is it right?) will fight again!!! :twisted:

xD

dhaithi

Old 03-28-2007, 03:30 AM

I kept hearing about this from people, but never really picked it up. Finally a friend shoved the entire two seasons at me last month and I finished watching it within a week once I started. It really is horribly addicting.

Any news on when season 3 is coming out?

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 AM

Perhaps next month? I hope so!

I have mixed feelings about the fact that M. Night Shyamalan is supposedly wanting to direct a live action Avatar movie. On the one hand, it would be awesome to see a live action version. But on the other hand, you always worry about the story being butchered!

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-30-2007, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliena
Perhaps next month? I hope so!

I have mixed feelings about the fact that M. Night Shyamalan is supposedly wanting to direct a live action Avatar movie. On the one hand, it would be awesome to see a live action version. But on the other hand, you always worry about the story being butchered!
O_O m.night shyamalan...? that...nearly disturbs me....as much as live action appeals to me...yeah...i'm worried about butchering @_@

Murchu Volpe
Matticus Chufoxtrain

Old 03-30-2007, 07:29 PM

People may discriminate against this show for being anime-ish, but they're really missing out if they do. It's a marvelous example of east meets west, in animation style, if you realize the differences. In anime, the animation tends to be focused a lot more on held story poses and the acting often isn't very great (there are obviously lots of examples where it is).
Avatar has a lot more fluidity of movement and great character acting, both in animation and voice. The writing's spot-on, too. No irritating filler or needless things; the writers know where they're going and how to get you there without being predictable along the way. Much less than I can say for something like Naruto, whose unbearable amount of filler episodes have left me not even wanting to keep watching. Most of them seem like poorly written fanfiction. -_-;
At any rate, I really love Avatar, from an animation, acting, and and overall standpoint. Nickelodeon did well to get it. Now if they'll just stop airing crap like The X's.

saraistarr
Send a message via Yahoo to saraistarr

Old 03-30-2007, 11:17 PM

I LOVE Avatar. Like, obsessed with it, ever since it started. Like, own a huge fansite on it that eats my life. XDDD Anyone who insults Avatar insults me! (lawl jk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
Avatar isn't the best, but it's a lot better then some. I think the fact that they try and make it more like a "kiddy show" (like keeping everything PG-13 or younger) really holds the show back. I wouldn't mind it getting just a tad bit more violent or have just a little more drama and character depth.
I see what you mean, but in my oppinion making something mature doesn't necessarily mean it'll automatically be better. It's got a hell of a lot of character development as it is. And I don't see how violence would be an asset, they're already fighting a ton as it is, how would blood and gore be making it better? *shrug* Not every show has to be dramatic, too, although I think Avatar IS in a lot of cases. They still need to keep it generally lighthearted for the kiddies, and I appreciate that even if I'm not a kiddie! =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherdante
In my cultural anthropology class the teacher talked about how things may be developed in one country but then they get exported to another where it develops even more and bounces back to the place of origin. That was how he explained we had come so far technologically in the last 50 years. But it has been the case with art and basically everything for ages. (i.e. television was developed in U.S. but the Japanese took up on it and took it further - flat screens - dvds - etc)

I really enjoy how the anime style has been exported to other countries and they are taking concepts from it and making it into something even more. I believe Avatar encompasses this natural and fluid culture exchange.
That's really interesting!! I never knew about that "cycle"... wow, neat. :3

About next season -- I'm guessing September. It's probably too late to start airing in the Spring cuz then they'll only get like 5 eps aired before the summer break. And they never play any new ones during the summer, unless it's a special event like the "movie."

About the live action movie -- there's a new article on Avatarspirit.net saying that M Night Shyamalamanan whoever is actually in talking with the creators for this, says he respects their stuff, so it's looking like he's not gonna butcher it!!! *happy dance*

Aloro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2007, 11:19 PM

I love Avatar. I actually downloaded the first two Books of it. I am waiting for the third to come online so I can download it =]

I watched it for like 30 days straight, reruns and everything on my computer :-D

momus
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via Yahoo to momus

Old 03-30-2007, 11:39 PM

I love Avatar. The animation is good and the storyline is fun (though maybe a little cliche?).

Uncle Iroh is my favorite character, hands down.

(I've downloaded both seasons, too XD)

Aloro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Hahaha uncle is so.... me. I'm very laid back, just let things come, but occasionally I get angry, or actually do something. He's me in like 40 years XD

Like now? My mom and dad are carrying stuff out of their room that weighs like 100+ pounds, and I'm not helping =]

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 03-31-2007, 05:17 PM

I've liked the few episodes that I've seen. I just never seem to be able to catch when it's on >.<;

Cindy bear
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 04-02-2007, 05:15 AM

This anime is okay I guess xD

Caterd

Old 04-04-2007, 08:16 AM

• I think that it is an great serie. The characters are so much fun and mostly there are some things in you learn from. I mean, even while Sokka can't Bend water he still wants to fight for the ones he love.

My favorite character? I'm not sure, Katara and Toph are both really funny. And Toph has a great element, probably the best EarthBender. But Sokka is also very funny. Sometimes he can be so dumb, so dumb that it is funny.

I'm on the moment still waiting on Book 3, because I really am curious about how Aang will defeat the FireLord and if the badguy, I actually forgot his name right now... I f he will join the good side. I actually think that he is good, but his sister, Azula has to much influence on him.

DragonsRage24
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-06-2007, 05:36 PM

I like Vatar the Last Air Bender a lot. I like how the animation and movements of the characters are more fluid-like, if that makes sense. The plots seen very cool too, and the animation is really good. I can't figure out when they put new episodes on tv though, I usually either don't know or miss them because of work.

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via AIM to Baja

Old 04-06-2007, 08:22 PM

I used to watch that one. Mostly just to see the little fire nation guy. I seem to have forgotten his name, I haven't seen it in soo long. lol. But I'm sure everyone knows the one I'm talking about. (yea, the cute one with the scar).