ButterflyofGrey
Living in Ratio/Birthday Heaven

Old 06-29-2014, 03:16 AM

So, in less than two weeks, I am going back over 2,000 miles to see my parents. They are divorced, but I moved out and away from my mom cause of her mental abuse as well as my fathers.
They are not bad people now, they sorta realized what was going on after I leave and tried to get better, but they still have some issues, but I miss them and want to see them. More importantly I miss my half-brother.
What I am concerned about and getting anxious about is both the fact I hate flying I always feel the worst is going to happen and worried that everyone is gonna seem rather awkward.
Its been almost three years since I left and back then, my mom didn't really know I was transgendered. I am a FtM, but prefer to be referred to as a male. So, my major concerns lie in how everyone will be. They accept me, but-- they haven't /seen/ me.

Also, I really need $500 before I go, but there's no way for me to get money, because I can't really work (I have severe mental illness and I can't really work. I am working on the means to attempt to get SSI) so, its been rough and I leave in like thirteen days, so I am worried without money how everyone will react and I dunno. I just needed to express all this.

Thank you for listening.

Last edited by ButterflyofGrey; 06-29-2014 at 08:32 AM..

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-08-2014, 04:07 PM

You haven't left yet, have you? Unfortunately I have no money advice, but it's good that there's a positive reunion happening! The best thing I can say is to not get stressed because that is what's making you feel nervous and think that it's going to be an awkward reunion.

Oh wait- just noticed the trans part. Have you talked to them at all about that, or has it just been put to the side? I think Skype would be a good thing for you, especially if you live so far away from your family. It's a good way to stay caught up and it's more intimate than a regular phone call.

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 07-15-2014, 10:55 AM

Yes, skype and heck! Even facetime if you have a smartphone.

Look, traveling is safe. Everything with that will be fine. No need to be worried over it. :)

As for being transgendered. Things might come to them as a shock but ultimately they should love you still. I wish you the best of luck with this trip, and given when you posted it and when I am.. I am hoping everything has turned out great!