BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-07-2014, 10:35 PM

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??
We all have those moments in the kitchen where something just doesn't go quite right. Rather than lament our failures alone, I thought it would be fun to share them here. Maybe someone else will find it encouraging to know that they're not the only ones who don't make the perfect dish every time, or, at least, we can all get a chuckle out of it. ;)

Note: please just share actual stuff you've goofed up, rather than posting random pics from the interwebz. <3

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-07-2014, 10:35 PM

I hereby christen this ship with a hilarious monstrosity, and the inspiration for posting the thread: "Cake Cups"

I've made these before and had them turn out perfectly. They were cute, and held together, non-squishy cone, etc. But today the stars are not aligned or something, because it all went to hell. The "cake" flowed over the top like lava, they took way longer than they were supposed to to cook, and the result was lumpy, freaky, partly collapsed madness.

Daughter posed with the box, and I frosted some anyway, because I refuse to be defeated!

They still taste OK, at least.. haha

Last edited by BellyButton; 08-07-2014 at 10:44 PM..

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-08-2014, 07:30 AM

Haha, I adore that you frosted them anyway xD They need to make that mix with some (probably noxious) blue food colouring, then you could make waterfall cakes! You'd want little fish shaped sprinkles then. ><

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-09-2014, 12:13 AM

The other night I was asked to make kettle corn for a party. I was in a rush and happened to add too much sugar so one of the angriest popcorn kernals I've ever met leapt out and burnt me on the hand. It became a burnt caramel popcorn instead, which was a disaster considering my original goal.
Sometimes my cookies come out a little too flat, too.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 08-09-2014, 04:57 PM

Last night I tried to make homemade mozz sticks. And burgers. This was the second time I'd made these burgers so I was not expecting what happened.
The mozz sticks melted into gloopy mess pile of cheese.
The burgers crumpled into tiny pieces when i tried to clip them.

I have no idea what went so wrong.
So hungry and upset and arguing with hubby over what we could do to save it, we finally made loaded nachos. And when I put it in the oven to try to melt everything together, he starts freaking out and yelling at me cause the dishwasher was burning something, but he thought it was the food because I'd put it on wax paper. WHICH CAN GO IN THE OVEN. So i had to pull it out, and of course nothing actually melted together. It was just an insane disaster of a dinner.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2014, 05:19 PM

Just... If a pot roast says "no water" DO NOT ADD WATER. It was like a disgusting, bland beef stew and I couldn't find the pepper stems to pull them out.