Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-29-2014, 08:07 PM

That's right, folks! I'm sick of the mess and have decided to make my house shipshape! I'm doing a whole house scrub down while I decide which cleaning chart on Pinterest will help me keep it that way.

First up: The Kitchen. I'M SO F---ING ITCHY RIGHT NOW. OH GOD, I FOUND BUGS. SO MANY BUGS. All behind my stove!! Guys, clean this area out at LEAST every two months. I'm so grossed out right now. I've wiped off the counters in that area and I've pulled out the fridge, which I need to mop under. As I clean from the corner out I'm shoving along a bunch of crap that doesn't even need to be in here. Halp me plz. ; 3; *kitty scratches on everyone's doors*

Will update when I feel less gross. Stay tuned!

Update: Okay! So I've got behind the fridge cleaned, behind the stove, most of the floor, all the counters, and over half the dishes done. All I need to do now is the crappy chandelier, the rest of the floor, inside the fridge, freezer, and deep freeze, I might scrub the walls, and I'll go over the cabinets with wet paper towels. My couch looks like Penny's when Sheldon suggested that it was having a mini garage sale. Also, I need food. Time to destroy my progress!

Update: FINISHED THE KITCHEN!! Well, everything but cleaning out the fridge. It's too late to work on much else, so I'll do some detailing. There's so much space after I threw a bunch of crap away!

Last edited by Alexander J Luthor; 07-30-2014 at 12:21 AM..

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 07-30-2014, 07:19 PM

I love this.
I need motivation to clean my house more often than I do.
Laundry is my demise.
xD

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-01-2014, 08:11 AM

Still need to clean the fridge, though! Just imagine bugs crawling everywhere, that'll make you move your arse.

Gonna use the wedding competition as fuel. In fact, I already have one recipe done! A raspberry thing I made, can't remember if I talked about it on Mene. It's cream cheese, cool whip, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and raspberries. Maybe some milk? I can't remember. I made it weeks ago and it lasts long and strong in the freezer.

Penella Goldeater
*^_^*

Old 08-01-2014, 08:59 AM

Go, Lex. Go. Whoooo!!! I can't wait to see what you put in the wedding feast.

I hate cleaning and a lot of moving is cleaning. Plus, half my job is folding laundry at the hotel.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2014, 08:16 PM

I think I'll get a pastry bag to make the pudding look cuter on the plate... Gotta make something meaty, though! I got some chicken, which is always a big staple at weddings.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-18-2014, 08:01 PM

Sooo My house is a mess again. I don't even know how it happened since I'm the only one here. :/

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 PM

Clutter just builds at my house.
There's three of us here.
D:

Laundry just piles up because I'm the only one who does it.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-20-2014, 07:37 PM

I just don't like doing laundry. I constantly forget it because I stash it in the back room.

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 08-21-2014, 08:18 PM

I stayed up until five am cleaning the bathroom and my son's room.
I also went to WM for like two hours.
xD

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-21-2014, 10:39 PM

Just cleaned the bathroom, but I really either need to get some lemons, or CLR for the shower heads and sink. I let Drain-O sit in for just over an hour, flooded it with three large pots of boiling water, then more Drain-O for twenty minutes, and finally three more boiling pots of water. No more icky water backwash!! Gotta get a spare toothbrush or something and scrub the corners.

Have you ever caulked before? I've got plenty of tutorials, but I don't want to ask for permission because my renters might hire a "professional" and charge me out the ass so they can funnel my money into the new buildings they're putting up around town. "The cost of living is going up, so your rent is going to be raised $20!!" And my neighbors said this is the third year in a row that they've used the excuse.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-16-2014, 07:05 AM

New Year's Resolution: Remember to do all this crap....

jupiter
inactive account

Old 12-17-2014, 01:02 PM

//whistles
The bugs in the kitchen would kill me. We don't have a big issue here because of the cold, but I also have a thing about keeping the kitchen, and the washroom extremely clean. My bedroom is usually the disaster zone.

I found that I have a place I affectionately call The Shit Drawer, which I will push things into that I don't want to clean up right away. Usually clutter things, or papers and notes that I felt I needed, maybe some books. Eventually I will get back to the drawer, see that nothing in there was ever used or needed again, and get rid of it. The process begins again.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-18-2014, 08:32 PM

lol, the bugs were creepy, and I still have no idea what they were. I have a special place in my house called the shit room. I don't go in there anymore...

Maybe next year when we're allowed to throw out large things for spring cleaning?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-21-2014, 05:42 AM

I love this thread! Well, the idea of making sure you clean the house, that is. And making it an adventure.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-25-2014, 08:58 AM

And what a strange adventure it is! I've finally started tackling the back room of mysteries. I found a couch. An effing couch...

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-12-2015, 02:05 PM

I GOT MY BACK ROOM CLEANED!!!

And now all of the junk is in my other rooms. .___. What am I doing?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-18-2015, 03:44 AM

I do that a lot, too. "Clean" one place by stuffing everything into another room or into a cabinet.