Cupcake Queen
What is the point of caring and ...
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 11:08 PM

Hello. I like drawing art on my tablet and I use SAI. But my pen for my tablet broke so I haven't been able to do art. I have been wanting to do art so I have decided to do art using my touch/wireless mouse. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to adjust pressure and stoke and stuff like that. If any of you fellow artist have the time that is.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 10-28-2013, 11:16 PM

I have no idea about pressure but I used a mouse for YEARS in all kinds of art programs. My best advice isn't about the art. I almost got carpal tunnel because of it. I would draw for hours on end and because of it my wrist suffered. So be sure to take a lot of breaks. I had to quit for over a year. It really sucked D:

Cupcake Queen
What is the point of caring and ...
Penpal

Old 10-28-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
I have no idea about pressure but I used a mouse for YEARS in all kinds of art programs. My best advice isn't about the art. I almost got carpal tunnel because of it. I would draw for hours on end and because of it my wrist suffered. So be sure to take a lot of breaks. I had to quit for over a year. It really sucked D:
Thanks. I didn't think about that. I spend all day on the computer :/ wow. thanks.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 10-29-2013, 08:42 AM

If I am not mistaken.
SAI recognize the speed of how fast you use a mouse to intrepret the pressure.
Faster you move it, the lighter it become.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-02-2013, 07:43 PM

I don't use Sai, but I use a mouse. It really does hurt your hand to do for long. You just have to develop a steady hand to move smoothly, but it's simple so there's not adjusting pressure. I don't even know what it's like to have such delicacies. You get used to simple mouse stuff.