sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-14-2016, 04:35 PM

Although many hundreds of years have passed from the insignificant point in time we call 'present', and the humans have explored the Universe and settled on various planets all across the Galaxy, some things hardly have changed.

For one, crime has become harder to fight than ever, the law enforcement barely keeping up with each new and often strangely gifted criminal appearing on the galactic scene. As such, freelance galaxy law enforcement teams and vigilantes becoming and more common.

Some of the latter even go so far as to call themselves superheroes - but perhaps it is the citizens, desiring a sense of protection and some excitement from watching these amazing beings on their TV screens that started using the term.

And this is the story of a group of citizens that hide their secret identities of superheroes and villains, disappearing in the crowd in-between their escapades - or do they? Even more, it is also a story of yet another thing that has not changed through the time: Love. The kind that blooms most unexpectedly among the strangest pairs of individuals, inspiring and breaking, yet being worth it all.

| Superheroes | Action | Sci-fi | Drama | Romance | Comedy |

This is a private Role Play between Sadrain and Xavirne. There may be cussing, blood and also gore in this thread, so be warned and read at your own discretion.

Starring

[Freelance Galaxy Law Enforcement Unit]
I8a Serthumon [Played by Sadrain] - Senior Agent and an alien whose thirst for knowledge and understanding is only rivaled by her inability to comprehend emotions. Could it be that this responsible person would put on a disguise and fight criminals beyond the limits of law?
Nathan Roscoe [Played by Sadrain] - Agent, Unit's Soldier as an unnervingly stoic cyborg, but you know as they say - the quiet waters are the deepest. Perhaps he, too, has a masked secret to keep...
Nastasiya Radelle [Played by Xavirne] - Agent, Unit's Engineer as a bright, eager woman wanting to learn and willing to work hard, oblivious to the dangerous second life her squad mates might be leading.

[Citizens]
A. Kevlar Bael [Played by Xavirne]
Androw Daveth Galeron [Played by Xavirne] -
Cain Lawrence Vaal [Played by Xavirne]
Lacrimae Heliandum [Played by Sadrain] - A well known lawyer that is both adored and feared - depending on which side of court you might end up on. Yet, it seems she might be hiding more than anyone realizes underneath her polite smile...
Marwolaeth Rubellite [Played by Sadrain]
Saith Fel'har Kimitore [Played by Xavirne]
Silvana Stregheria [Played by Sadrain] - Biologist that recently moved to this planet in pursuit of new research. But is it really the only reason or she has some dark, ulterior motive?

Last edited by sadrain; 02-14-2016 at 04:37 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-14-2016, 04:35 PM

[ civilians ]
★ ☆ ★ I8a Serthumon as the GLE's Senior Agent/Captain. ★ ☆ ★

RevealX

★ ☆ ★ Lacrimae Heliandum as lawyer/prosecutor. ★ ☆ ★

RevealX

★ ☆ ★ Nathan Roscoe as GLE's weapon and demolition expert. ★ ☆ ★

RevealX

★ ☆ ★ Marwolaeth Rubbelite as a mysterious celebrity among the wealthy and famous. ★ ☆ ★

RevealX

★ ☆ ★ Silvana Stregheria as a bio-scientist. ★ ☆ ★

RevealX

[ heroes ]
★ ☆ ★ I8a Serthumon AKA Lady Topaz. ★ ☆ ★

RevealX

★ ☆ ★ Lacrimae Heliandum AKA Lumena. ★ ☆ ★

RevealX

★ ☆ ★ Nathan Roscoe AKA Onyx Fist. ★ ☆ ★

RevealX

[ villains ]
★ ☆ ★ Marwolaeth Rubbelite AKA Ruby Thorn.★ ☆ ★

RevealX

★ ☆ ★ Silvana Stregheria AKA Erythia. ★ ☆ ★

RevealX

Last edited by sadrain; 02-16-2016 at 10:18 AM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-15-2016, 09:25 PM

[ civilians ]
Nastasiya "Tasi" Radelle as the GLE's Tech Expert/Engineer

SPOILERX

Androw Daveth Galeron as the GLE's Medic/Consultant
A. Kevlar Bael as your everyday ordinary citizen
Saith Fel'har Kimitore as the barista at a hip cafe
Cain Lawrence Vaal as the ... I don't remember

[ heroes ]
A. Kevlar Bael AKA Lancelot

SPOILERX

Saith Fel'har Kimitore AKA Rouge Yeux "Ryx"

SPOILERX

Powers/Abilities: "True Sight." True Sight allows Ryx to see things with far more detail than the average eye. Not only can he see through walls, but he can also see heat signatures. This proves quite helpful and often allows him to get the upper hand on his enemies. Furthermore, his shots are always spot-on when TS is in play. TS is the kind of ability that stays active until forced off (this is done by blinking his eyes three times in a row). To activate it, Ryx holds his eyes closed for three seconds and, upon opening, the new vision takes over.
Weapon: Ryx is an unorthodox fighter. He absolutely cannot stand blades or guns. Instead, he uses a scythe or a bow and quiver of arrows. For ranged attacks, it's always the bow. When things get a little too close for comfort, he can pull out his collapsible scythe and wield it in the heat of battle.
Weakness: As expected, Ryx has issues when his sight is impaired. Ryx, as he's a drow by nature, also relies heavily on his other senses. Take them out of play and you've created a very worrisome foe.

[ villains ]
Androw Daveth Galeron AKA Doc Cyanide (later converted)
Cain Lawrence Vaal AKA Kotodama "Kota"

Last edited by Xavirne; 02-19-2016 at 05:52 PM..

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-16-2016, 04:14 AM

Insights
Here be all the important information for the setting, such as recap!

... When the time is right. Mwahaha.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-16-2016, 04:00 PM

Reserved, just because I can.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-16-2016, 04:12 PM

As Pyrolass once had said in an interview, sometimes being a superhero could rock your socks off with awesomeness, but other times epicly suck.

Right now Lacrimae, or rather her alter ego Lumena, believed she was stuck in the 'suck' end of spectrum. Instead of spending a cool evening two days before Christmas (the holiday had long since spread beyond Earth, drawing people of many races in for the festive cheer and present exchange) at her home, relaxing with a book, or helping one of her best friends move into her apartment, she was forced to keep a watch out for anything wrong in 'her' city.

Holiday time usually drew out the worst in people and someone had to make sure any bad deeds were cut off at the root. And Lumena was the epitome of dutiful, after all. As Ryx loved to remind her all the time. Speaking of devil, she wondered if his patrol was going as boring as hers. And if he had even arrived. Woman considered calling him on their communicating device, but then shrugged the thought off, quite literally, as she jumped over to the next roof, faintest of glows around her form that gave away her power. She was using it to keep warm for this costume was not of the best warmth insulation, despite how practical she had tried to make it.

And at this moment when everything seemed so calm, aside from the bustling streets of shoppers and people already having a few too many drinks in order to celebrate, there was a sudden explosion in a distance. Immediately, Lumena set sprinting in the direction.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 02-19-2016, 02:37 PM

"About time you showed up," he quipped when the masked heroine arrived at the scene of the explosion. "Authorizes say it was planned," he tossed a thumb over his shoulder to show the mangled remains of what looked like a pipe bomb. "The problem is," he went on, "they said this isn't just some one and done kind of job." Moving toward the building, his head followed it up.

With his mask on, it was impossible see his eyes. Hell, with his mask on, it was impossible to really guess who he was. All that was visible were his lips and that chiseled chin of his. His hair, black like the mask he wore, was short and kept fairly combed. Ears half-hidden beneath the golden tassels of his mask, was likely done on purpose to throw anyone off from guessing his species. Even his garments, definitely inspired by Asian folklore, made it hard to gauge just what kind of man stood beneath the mask. Was he fat? Skinny? Laced with delicious muscles? There as no real way to tell for the attire was far too lose on him. Though, if one had to wager, it was safer to bet on the side of skinny and toned.

When his eyes finally pulled from the building, he cast his masked gaze her way. "Hope you didn't have plans this evening," his voice was rich and dreamy. There was a hint of seduction to it. He loved to rile his partner up, mainly because she often hated it. "As you did reject my previous invitation," he curtly added in.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-19-2016, 03:28 PM

"I am not late," she huffed, as always reacting badly to any hints of incompetence - hers or others'. Honestly, why did he have to get here before her? Ah, but there was nothing she could do about it so instead she chose to inspect the scene more closely. It definitely looked like a professional's job which made the matter much worse. She was about to tell Ryx that, but he of course had to take the chance to tease her.

The two of them, questionably the most famous couple in the city, despite her denial of anything between them (his smirks and dubious remarks erased any progress she could make with quelling the rumor), happened to be partners in fighting crime. And damn good partners, too, if she was allowed to say so. They complimented each other well, with their wit and intelligence as well with fighting styles. Unfortunately, he was also a teasing smarta** who loved to rile her up. And usually managed to, despite her best attempts to keep cool.

"No, my dream of some crazy person committing crime came true and now I get to track them down with you and your puns," Lumena replied with wry smile. "This looks similar to last week's pipe bomb. I managed to track down possible seller of some of these parts, how about we go and have a little chat with him?"

If he'd agree, she'd lead the way, further into worst quarters of the town. Her gift gave her the ability to fly, easing the journey when simple acrobatics didn't come to be quite as handy, and few times she had even given her a partner a lift, though with one of her solar spheres rather than how fans depicted them - hugging (and often kissing) in the starlit sky. Perhaps she was so bothered by the thought tonight because... Well, holidays made more than just criminals feel lonely and her horizon was void of anyone special.

Their goal was a run down garage-style shop, though everything important happened in basement. Lumena wasn't going to be shy about kicking down a door or two if needed.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 02-19-2016, 04:21 PM

Declining the invitation at first, Ryx went about his own business. He needed to meetup with one of his friends to see if he had gotten a chance to obtain the information he requested. "Sorry, doll." He placed his arms cross his chest. "I need to check something out. I'll join you after. Keep your phone on so I can track your signal."

With a firm nod, he flung himself at a wall. In all honesty, it looked like he would collide face-first into it. Only, the when he was about 3-feet away, did he jump so his feet would collide with the hard brick surface. His boots clung to the material and he ran straight up the wall before flipping over the roof and vanishing into the darkness that engulfed them.

---

"Hey," his black form leaned against the lithe door frame of an apartment he had become all too familiar with. "Any luck on that assign--" A pair of arms wrapped around him before punching him lightly in the chest.

"Duh," the voice came from a handsome man with brown hair. Walking toward his desk, he plopped down in the firm leather chair. "I was going to call you but I didn't want to pull you from something important." The TV on near him began to highlight the explosion Ryx had just left. "Oh look," his teal eyes flickered to the screen, "it's you." Sure enough, the banner at the bottom of the screen said 'Rouge Yeux first hero to arrive on scene.' Kev shot Ryx a quick wink before he was rudely forced into the chair via Ryx's leg slamming into the back of his chair. "Okay, okay. So here's what you wanted."

Hands dancing across the keyboard, a black box with white text appeared. Seconds later, another screen with green text appeared. And then another screen. And another. That was until it eventually popped open a very plain screen with the information Ryx sought out.

"Impressive,"
he quipped while ruffling the brunette's hair. "Knew you could do it."

Kev scoffed. "I didn't study criminology for nothing. And naturally I would take a few coding classes." His smug grin widened. "Just don't let anyone know I'm your personal hacker. Wouldn't want word to get out that I'm working both sides of the law." Before he could say anything else, the masked hero vanished back out the door from which he entered. Kev shrugged his shoulders while hitting the hard nuke button. It was time to erase any and all links back to him and the information Ryx needed. "Just... be careful."

---

Arriving long after she kicked down the door, Ryx took hesitant steps into the dark garage. Once inside and noting it was very empty, he smirked. It was time to find his partner and get to the bottom of this.

The eyes of the mask began to glow a deep, eerie red. As they did, Ryx's vision transitioned from that of a normal human to something a bit more intimidating. Able see through walls and lock on heat signatures, he quickly spotted a single female form running in the halls below.

"Bingo," he smirked.

In no time, he swept up beside her. Hands covering her lips to prevent a scream, he nipped lightly at her ear. "Miss me," he purred.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-19-2016, 04:57 PM

The shady dealer and his perhaps even shadier clientele scattered like dust in wind as soon as the pale yellow and green clad figure appeared in the doorway. But they did not get far, the secret and not so secret entrances sealed by searing golden grid. The fight, if it even could be called such, didn't last long, just as it hadn't with the guards above. And soon, the men were spilling their information on a strange looking kid ('couldn't be much older than 16, I tell ya') that had made his purchases a month or so ago, then again last week. Of course, it wasn't anything grand like actual identity, name or address, as obviously, none of this mattered to the seller, as long as he got paid, but it was something.

But with a possible teenager causing this mess, the case got nastier. Still, she had to wait out until police arrived and picked up this good for nothing lot as there hadn't been enough rope to tie them and part of them she had 'bind' with her magic. Yet, that, too, didn't go according to plan as there was a noise in the corridor. Rushing out, she pushed some of the shelves in front of the door just in case (although while she was anywhere remotely nearby, the binds would hold), and sprinted in the sound's direction.

Suddenly, someone appeared behind her and grabbed at her, pulling the woman backward into them, hand covering her mouth. It wasn't a scream that was wanting to break out, but rather an angry snarl, as she twisted in these arms, a leg and elbow attacking her assailant. However, her limbs stopped a second before seriously harming the other person, before she pulled away forcefully. "It looks like I should be very concerned for your simple logic and survival skills, if you thought grabbing me in the dark was a sound idea!" Lumena snapped, but her cheeks were slightly flushed. Even if only from surprise and anger. "Although I guess should know by now you lack both," she finished, crossing arms across chest.

Last edited by sadrain; 02-20-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 02-22-2016, 06:57 PM

"Aww," he quivered lips lower lip, "are you really doubting me? I did manage to sneak up on you. Had I been your enemy, I wouldn't have been so kind as to cover your lips." Nuzzling her with his ceramic mask, the glowing eyed male nudged her lightly again. "So what's the plan? Get what you needed out of these chumps." He dangled a USB thumb drive before her eyes. "I got what I needed. If we're done here, let's head back to the warehouse and see if we can start building a story."

The warehouse he referred to was something believed to be rundown and forgotten about. Some rich person who happened to be related to Saith--unbeknownst to all--bought the lot and just called it condemned. No one was allowed there, hence the extra security--of which Saith (Ryx) had access to. The owner said he didn't want it touched until he had time to deal with it. Being a world-famous business owner, this property was on the bottom of his list, giving Saith unlimited access to it. As such, Saith started to load it up with important tech--most of which was pawned from his best friend, Kev. Kev got a lot of neat tech and never had a use for it so he just gave it to Saith.

Depending on her response, he would either stick around and help her out or they would head to the warehouse together to mull over the new found intel.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 02-22-2016, 10:04 PM

"If you were an enemy, you would not be just standing around after attacking me. Did you even think what would happen if I didn't realize it was you in the last second?" In a sense, her anger was out of her concern for him. Because would he be expecting a retaliation? Or would he crumple under her blows and magical blast? The thought did make her stomach churn. Why did her partner have to be so darn careless?

She pushed his head away when he went to nudge her once more, gloved hand firmly on his mask, but there was no real anger or force in the movement, more like an owner pushing away an overeager puppy. And in a sense, that's a lot what Ryx was like. She glanced at small device on her wrist. "Police is arriving right about now, so it's time for us to get lost. It's just that I thought I heard something down here... But that was before your hug-ambush. They must be long gone by now. Let's go."

Mae - that is Lumena - did not know how he had come to possess that warehouse and when it all would come crashing down on their heads, figuratively and literally. But for now, it was better place than any other and in a way, she had grown to like it even. Or maybe she just liked the time spent there with him... But that wouldn't make much sense, would it...

Their journey there was uneventful and as soon as they were in their 'den', she proceeded to tell him what the dealer had told her - of the young, weird looking kid that had bought materials and had never been seen around the parts before. That the time matched both explosions, giving the bomber time to prepare. After that, Lumena proceeded to ask him what was so important in the USB stick.

She should have known better than to move to a different planet few days before a holiday. But it had been perfect time for all the other reasons and here she was.... Staring at her whole life's belongings, other than her lab equipment, dumped on street or at the door to her apartment building where she was now to live on fourth floor. Oh Gaia, this was just great. And the guilty party (aka the movers) had long since disappeared, uncaring for the storm of harsh words she had thrown at them at appearing 8 hours later than planned.

Sighing, she picked up some of the bags and started thinking what magic she could use to get her furniture upstairs. Even Mae was busy with work tonight so the chances of getting her help were slim. But maybe she'd come to her best friend's rescue, hearing the case? Silvana smirked slightly at the word choice, before sighing again as she rushed up the stairs (because elevator, of course, was broken).

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 02-25-2016, 07:40 PM

"I would most certainly be attacking those sweet lips of yours," he said while his eyes began to fade. The glow that was once there vanished, leaving his eyes a mystery. "And," he placed a hand on his chest, "if you haven't figured out my scent by now, then I am deeply wounded. We clearly need to spend more time together so you can..." the lips beneath the edge of the mask curled up into a devilish smile, "spend more time examining this body." A light thrust of the hips forward then a laugh followed.

Unfortunately, his sexual antics were cut short by the arrival of the police. Although the police didn't necessarily hate them, they did, from time to time, give them issues. Mainly the cops in this area. They were technically outside the jurisdiction that granted them access to 'vigilantism.'

Before sharing his revelation, Ryx slipped from the table he was sitting upon to forcefully push Lumena against one of the beams behind her. Hand on her chest (just above her breasts), the man with the mask of a fox smirked. "You really are a tease," he purred. "You know I love it when you talk crime with me." His thumb dared to caress her jawline as his lips pulled back into one of those devious smiles of his.

"One of these days," he cooed while stepping back to the table with the laptop on it, "I'm going to take off this mask and show you the real me."

Perhaps forgetting to buy supplies for dinner wasn't the wisest of ideas. The milk was long past its expiration date. The fruit was laced with rot. And the cheese... oh it was far too green to even think about!

Rolling his tongue from his mouth, Kev grimaced. "Maybe I should move back in with Saith. This whole 'adult' thing just isn't working for me. I like mooching off my rich bff." Not that Saith was rich-rich, but the drow was definitely debt-free, even with his new Audi.

Thankfully, about 30-minutes prior to starvation truly setting in, Kevlar had dialed up the local pizza joint to deliver him some grub. At the sound of footsteps out his door, he flung from the couch and ran toward the door.

"PIZZ--" He blinked. "You're not pizza." His brows curved downward, casting a frown on his face.

Eyes sizing her up, Kev cocked a brow while leaning lazily into his doorframe. "And what do you think you're doing?" He noted the box in her hands. "Why are you carrying your boxes?" His teal gaze shifted to the stairs. "Wait... you really are carrying your boxes... alone?" He didn't hear any voices below nor the sound of feet ascending.

Shaking his head, Kev stepped from his apartment and skidded across the floor. Without permission, he pulled the box from her hands. Setting it down, he smiled while holding out his hand. "The name's Kev." He looked at the empty, open room across from his. "Looks like we're neighbors." He was clearly captain obvious. "Would you like help moving?" His door had yet to close, completely exposing the living room to his apartment--the colors were light grays with flecks of teal. His apartment looked pretty modern, despite the fact that he had an old-fashioned rotary phone handing up on the wall beside the door frame. His shiny, police badge was also resting on the end table beneath the phone.

"I'm not doing anything," he added quickly. "Er, other than waiting for my pizza." Slapping on a wide, cheesy grin, the brunette quipped, "you're welcome to help yourself to some, if you like Hawaiian."

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 03-31-2016, 03:51 PM

"I think the far likely scenario is that you'd be writhing on floor in pain or simply knocked out," she interjected with roll of her eyes. Yet, Ryx continued as if he hadn't heard her and his next statement made the elven woman glare.

She did know his scent - the mix of something masculine yet refreshing, with touch of spicy, which seemed so familiar for some reason -, but she'd rather get punched in gut than tell him that. "Well, I am sorry I don't go around sniffing people like few certain weirdos," Lumena said instead.

And after that, they didn't have time to continue their argument as they fled the scene, as if they were the criminals. Well, in law's eye they were, which was highly amusing, considering her daytime profession. Why, in fact, she had even prosecuted few of self-claimed heroes. But their attempts had taken lives instead of saving them, so she felt no regret about putting them behind bars.

Her hand moved to grip his wrist, but it was neither to hold him there or push him away. She merely grasped it, letting him know he was not in any more control of the situation than she gave him. And should Ryx' fingers start to move somewhere where they shouldn't, he'd find himself lying flat on his back. But he didn't take advantage of the situation. He never did. Yet, she hoped he also couldn't feel how her heart had sped up, just a little bit.

"Well, at least we know your motivation for staying in the crime-fighting business," she commented dryly, trying to maintain the image of nonchalance, but her eyes flickered down to his lips. It was merely psychological need to look at conversation partner's face and that happened to be the only uncovered area, Mae told herself. So, when Ryx retreated, she suppressed a sigh. Was it that of relief? Had to be. Though there was little to worry about.

Although he had always made flirtatious comments and even moves like these since they met, not once had Ryx actually forced his actions on her. At first, she had thought it was merely because he didn't mean any of it seriously, but getting to know him better, she realized he respected her choices. Of course, his advances might still be as air-headed as she had guessed, but if she didn't accept them, it would never come to hurt her.

His next words made her heart do a strange lurch. Would he truly trust her with his identity? But then again, there were millions of people in the city, he could be your regular Joe that she'd never see or meet, so in a sense, it in itself was protection. Unlike her, who was visible in all kinds of medias. Though she had hard time imagining him as someone who merged with the crowd. But maybe he'd never dare to be like he was when his disguise was in place?

"Most people dare to be their real selves only when their identities are hidden, protected. So perhaps I already know you better than any of your friends..." She shot him a side-way glance, hoping he'd not turn this statement back towards her. So, the woman urged him to talk about his discoveries.

"So sorry to disappoint," she retorted, eyeing the man who was about to become her neighbor. Pizza on workday night had to mean he was most likely single, unpractical as your every average man, too busy or too lazy to do grocery shopping and learn to cook. That he was far from being flab probably meant he was simply too occupied with whatever he did. Though perhaps he was simply taking a lazy day off.

All of this 'evaluation' took her maybe half a second and then she proceeded to turn towards her door, before being addressed again. "I am robbing my old apartment," Silvana replied simply to his question, "and bringing the goods here." At the latter part, wry smile spread on her lips.

Even if he didn't appreciate her humor, the stranger seemed to take pity on her cause and proceeded to snatch her belongings away from her (but how, when she had put warding magic on them all just few minutes ago to make sure her things weren't stolen by random passerby?).

But she did accept his hand in a firm handshake, telling him that she's Silvana. And after brief consideration, she accepted his proposal. "I believe I should be the one offering pizza, though, as a thanks. Maybe next time then?" the woman suggested, opening her new apartment doors and bringing in the first box. Good thing, she thought, that all of her magical equipment would be arriving later by special delivery and other part of it was in her new hideout.

But what she didn't know that this would be start for a whole new chapter in her life in so many more ways than she could have ever expected. And one of them would indeed be titled 'Kev'.

Last edited by sadrain; 03-31-2016 at 03:53 PM..