salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 04-21-2016, 11:00 PM

Does anyone here still play games on consoles? I stopped really playing video games on consoles after my high school days, and it seems a lot of people just play games on their phones and whatnot now. I'm curious whether console games are still popular

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 04-22-2016, 04:34 AM

Yup. Been playing a lot of Rocket League and Dark Souls III on my PS4, and occasionally some Smash Bros. on my Wii U.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-22-2016, 11:14 PM

I've been playing Dragon Age Origins on my Xbox One all week!

rattie_tattie

Old 04-24-2016, 03:42 PM

I am not big on console games but I do play Alice Madness Returns like a religion on the xbox. I prefer the minecraft game on xbox too

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2016, 05:20 PM

I recently bought a gameboy (sadly not a color) to replace my old one I don't have access to anymore and got a couple pokemon games for it (and tetris!), does that count?
I also have a 3DS if that counts as well.

*clearly has no idea what defines as a console*

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 04-30-2016, 11:24 PM

Those are consoles, Poet- because their primary function is gaming.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-03-2016, 06:14 AM

Okay thanks ^^
So to rephrase... yes I play console games owo

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-08-2016, 01:08 AM

I love my xbox 360, I play Saints row games in my free time, and I'm super into the Darksiders series right now. I was playing Dragon age, but I got to this part of a lvl that I just can't seem to beat and I rage quited really badly on it and almost broke my controller so I stopped playing it. I'm pretty sad about that tho because I really loved the game, and Alistar was bae.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-10-2016, 08:05 PM

Weeell, does a 3DS count? 'Cause GBA/DS/3DS games are my faves other than computer games. See, the game systems you plug into a TV were never mine; they were my sisters'. I didn't touch those unless they wanted to play a game with me. Handhelds didn't require taking up the TV or asking for permission. I could go off on my own and play without talking to anyone or getting in their way. I accumulate those to this day out of habit.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-11-2016, 06:17 PM

People still play console games, for sure. Playstation 4 came out not that long ago, and Nintendo is working on their next console.

I grew up playing computer games myself, and a lot more people are doing that these days, which I think it great. But I've played on a lot of friends consoles, and recently bought my own Wii U. I also have several a Gameboy Advance and a 2DS, which I consider to be handhelds rather than strictly consoles, but that's kinda a semantic distinctions.

I'm currently playing Elder Scrolls: Skyrim on the boyfriend's xbox. He's thinking about getting a Playstation 4 soon, once a particular game he wants gets released.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-11-2016, 11:33 PM

Okay so let's go.

I've been playing on
Dreamcast:
Shenmue, Spawn, and Sonic. I'm looking for a copy of skies of arcadia.

Gamecube:
my main game right now there is Zelda windwaker. But i'm also big still on time splitters 2 cause i need to rebeat my save file.

N64:
still playing mario and pokemon games. and i'm planning on picking up podracing again soon. My bro and I are planning to do a run through and try to rebeat it.

PS1-2:
ps1 is lost. i gotta find it. its in a box somewhere. and my ps2 won't turn on. Other wise i'd be playing the crap out of the games
but!
Just picked up a PS3:
with Little Big planet 1, Kingdom hearts remix 1.5 and 2.5

and of course I have Gameboy color, SP, DS, DSi, and 2ds for all my pokemon obsessions :3
and some other games like scribblenauts, and drawn to life. and of course hyrule warriors legends

which dun dun dun
brings me to my wii and wiiU
sadly i no longer have pokemon rumble for the wii cause my old wii was stolen and i haven't been able to buy a new one but cest la vie.
However. on the wiiU:
Assassins creed 3, and Black flag are being played the crap out of. as is Infinity 2.0, and several mario games, and hyrule warriors
planning to pick up twilight princess HD at some point
oh and we also have skyward sword.

*ends very constrained nerd out session*

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-12-2016, 12:07 AM

ohmigosh, Windwaker. I am playing that on my Wii U, and I love it so much! It was actually a huge reason I finally caved and bought my console. Also Mario Kart 8. And Hyrule Warriors, which I haven't gotten yet, but want so badly! Guh. Zelda stuffs are the best.

Pokemon is the reason I have handhelds. I also have a Harvest Moon game, the one with two towns. I played HM: Animal Parade on Wii and really liked it (even though it was also kinda terrible), but the Towns one never really captured me.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-14-2016, 03:42 AM

Chex - If you love harvest moon you should look up Stardew Valley. It's amazing owo

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-14-2016, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Chex - If you love harvest moon you should look up Stardew Valley. It's amazing owo
Omfg yessssss! Stardew Valley is amazing!!!! <3

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-14-2016, 05:43 AM

Ooh, yeah, I've heard good things about Stardew, but I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-14-2016, 04:37 PM

It's getting multiplayer soon too!~

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-15-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
ohmigosh, Windwaker. I am playing that on my Wii U, and I love it so much! It was actually a huge reason I finally caved and bought my console. Also Mario Kart 8. And Hyrule Warriors, which I haven't gotten yet, but want so badly! Guh. Zelda stuffs are the best.

Pokemon is the reason I have handhelds. I also have a Harvest Moon game, the one with two towns. I played HM: Animal Parade on Wii and really liked it (even though it was also kinda terrible), but the Towns one never really captured me.
hyrule warriors: So. worth it! i'm looking forward to the new zelda game coming out though the date got pushed back again cause they're putting a crap ton of effort into it. like .. trying to make it perfect before releasing it.

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting that myself. cause i loved harvest moon. but also hated it and would never get very far cause i always wanted to do MORE than the stupid stamina allowed. i want a harvest moon that's like animal crossing >.> i'm terrible. <.<

Quote:
It's getting multiplayer soon too!~
ooooo didn't know that!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-15-2016, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
hyrule warriors: So. worth it! i'm looking forward to the new zelda game coming out though the date got pushed back again cause they're putting a crap ton of effort into it. like .. trying to make it perfect before releasing it.
Last thing I read, they're pushing back the release date so that they can release it on their new console (and Wii U at the same time).

Not much is known about the new console, just that it's going to be a "new experience" and a departure from the Wii family. The speculation about it is rampant. (I have one friend who is deeply hoping that they will switch back to cartridges—like the handhelds have had all this time.) Apparently it's slated to come out March of 2017 though, so, it'll be a while before we seen any new Zelda.

You know what I'm actually waiting for? A Zelda game where SHE is the damned PROTAGONIST. Oh, and also an open world 3d Pokemon game (a real one, not something like Pokemon Snap), because seriously, why have they never done that?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-15-2016, 01:48 AM

I'm waiting for an open world (ish like ocarina of time) Zelda game that is multiplayer. Not like MMORPG. but even a split screen/ can split screen if you get to far away from each other like lego games are.

and i would LOVE an open world pokemon game. MMORPG or skyrim like. I would be ecstatic.

i also agree with the she thing.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-15-2016, 04:07 AM

Shadami - Energy was a problem at first, but as the game implemented sprinklers, I am finding I don't run out of energy until late in the day if at all now.

Yeah they claimed next patch in stardew gets multiplayer

I definitely agree on a multiplayer Skyrim style game or such similar game.

Chex - You mean Pokemon Go? Yeah that's a HUGE project being worked on by the guys who made Ingress. Not sure if they will be successful but they're trying last I heard. They may have to partner with google or something to get it to work right.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-15-2016, 07:04 AM

Poet - omg. OMG! I hadn't heard about that, so I had to look it up, but OMG!! I've been wanting that exact game for sooooo long! I really liked Ingress for a while, but it didn't hold my attention for more than a year. But a pokemon game, that's something I could really sink my teeth into. Plus, according to the website, it's due out sometime this year! *cries happy tears*

What I was thinking about before is that I would love a console game of Pokemon, following the same basic formula of the handheld games, but with great 3D graphics and an open world. Like Pokemon + Zelda or Pokemon + Skyrim. (That would be the gritty realistic version, with blood and death, that would show you the gruesome truth about pokemon battles bwahahahaha!! *coughwheeze*)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-15-2016, 03:37 PM

Really? Due this year? Nice. Though I'd expect with a project that big it will be incomplete until later next year. Games are never on time if they are done right

That sounds pretty fun, but allowing for the option of competitive battles without killing off your pokemon would be fun too.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-15-2016, 05:26 PM

OMFG Stardew Valley is getting multiplayer!!!!1 That's so exciting!!!!!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-15-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Really? Due this year? Nice. Though I'd expect with a project that big it will be incomplete until later next year. Games are never on time if they are done right
Lol, yes. I think they've already been working on it for a while though. They've been field testing it since last year. And besides, as far as the map is concerned, Niantic already has a ton of data to work with from Ingress. They started with lots of default locations like post offices, but players added a metric crud-ton of new portals to the game, and I'm sure they've taken that into account.

I wonder if they will include the ability to add locations in Pokemon GO...Oh gods...if the portals I made in Ingress are already available in Pokemon GO, I will be both happy and sad.

Hmm, I should probably calm down about this, not get my hopes (expectations) up too high.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 05-16-2016, 05:37 PM

Mercy - It's in their update plans, though I don't know how multiplayer will work regarding world ownership and courting.

Chex - Yeah don't get too excited. We gotta make sure it's good first owo